CarStore Dundee Reviews

CarStore Dundee 5 star review on 10th November 2020
Donna Patterson
CarStore Dundee 5 star review on 10th November 2020
Donna Patterson
Salesman was very easy to deal we
Thank you for your review David!

We hope you love your new car. We hope to see you again

Team PV
We purchased our car when we were still allowed into the showroom. We both thought the procedures that you had in place for Covid 19 were excellent. Our sales advisor Said (Mohammed) Asia was very helpful and friendly. He started the conversation asking about our needs from the car and quickly matched us to the perfect model. He was very knowledgeable and described all the advantages this car had over the other of its class. He talked us through the options for purchase and extras including the GAP insurance. We felt we were fully informed all our options, but at no point did we feel pressured to choose one over the other.

The only reason we have not given this a five star review was due to the delivery of the car. The car was ready on time to the standards we were expecting and the member of the handover team was very friendly and helpful. However, the second key for the car and the owners manual were missing and no-one could trace them. The member of the handover team suggested that rather than delay me, they would be forwarded once they were found. As yet we have still not received them.

Overall we are delighted with the car and the advice we received from Saeed, we would not hesitate to recommend your Carstore.
Good Morning Joanne,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear of your experience. We will chase up your spare key and owners manual with the management team to ensure you receive these ASAP.

Team PV
Our dealings with your sales advisor David Hannah and subsequently Callum Smith couldn't have been any better especially under the current pandemic restrictions. Callum, who ultimately dealt with the sale, was knowledgeable, pleasant, attentive and kept us well informed of all progress. At handover the green slip was not available which unfortunately delays the change to our private registration. Green slip is still awaited as I write this.
Also since receipt of the car I have had the opportunity to review all the paperwork and from the service history it would appear that our new car has not been serviced since September 2019. This was not made clear during the sale and is definitely not in accordance with your sales policy. We have informed Callum who, to be fair, responded promptly and promised to look into the matter. I still await update.
Good Morning Alan,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you enjoy your new car. We have chased up our management team regarding your green slip and the car service!

Team PV
I never thought that I would buy a car from Peter Vardy CarStore, but I did. I really dislike pushy salespeople who follow you around and having been here 2 or 3 times that is exactly what I expected. My wife encouraged me to go back and I was pleasantly surprised. Mo met us at the door and realised that we wanted to just browse without being pestered. He loitered nearby without getting to close, but was near enough to respond to questions. He was honest, straight and respectful of our needs.
Good Afternoon Ronald, thank you for our review. We are glad to hear that Mo wasn't pushy! We hope to see you again.

Team PV
Popped in with two cars to part exchange for 1 car. Dealt with Gordon.
Gordon was never pushy and was patient as we didn’t know what car we’d like (we had viewed online but had a couple of models in mind)

Unfortunately both trade in values were less than the finance (one considerably so) and both very much lower than online valuations (although I do understand that an online valuation makes certain assumptions)

Anyway we decided on a make & model and Gordon explained the finance.

We took the car for a test drive and decided to buy.

With it being a Sunday we didn’t expect a finance decision that day but within 30 minute of leaving the dealership I got a call telling me I’d been accepted.

I was taking my private plates off so had to wait for a new V5. Despite being so close to Christmas the document arrived quickly and we arranged to pick up my new car on Saturday morning.

The handover was completed efficiently. When the final checks were being made they discovered a slight dent in a panel. I’ve been assured that this isn’t up to their quality control standards and the dent will be fixed as soon as possible.

At all times the team were following Covid guideline. Temperatures were taken on arrival and hand sanitiser was available. The cars in the showroom were all locked to stop countless hands contaminating the inside of cars. However if you’d like to get inside one they were happy to unlock them.

This is my second purchase from Peter Vardy. I would buy again.
Good Morning James,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear about your recent purchase. We hope to see you again for your 3rd car!

Team PV
Very friendly team. Answered all questions. Found a solution to fit my needs.
Good Morning,

Thank you for your review! We hope you enjoy your new car!

Team PV
Tell prospective customers an accurate price for buying a car.
The price on the car window was different from the price on the website and did not include additional costs. Felt misled and was prepared to go elsewhere.
Looks very unprofessional.
Thank you for you review Karen. We are very sorry to hear this. Please allow us the opportunity to resolve any issues you have. The management team will be in contact soon. Thanks, Team PV
Happy with everything
Good Afternoon Dave, we are happy to hear this! We hope you enjoyed our customer service and your new car!

Team PV
Salesman were really good very helpful and done everything they promised to make my car to the appropriate standard.
Good morning,
We are delighted you had such a great experience.

Team PV.
Ross very welcoming and friendly along with all the other staff we met.
Hello Dorothy,

We appreciate you taking time to provide feedback . Ross and the team will be happy to receive your positive review.

Team PV.
Great service from salesman Ross Couttie. Went the extra mile to make sure I was happy with the deal and car.
Good morning Rupert,
We are so pleased you enjoyed your experience.

Team PV.
Had an initial issue with the first sales advisor not getting back to me, but once i was passed on to the Sales Controller and a new sales advisor, i had a good experience.The handover also went smoothly and the handover guy couldn't have been more helpful.
Good Morning Lynne Marie,
We are so pleased you enjoyed your experience.Thank you for your review.

Team PV.
Bought my daughter a car from the car store then helped my son buy his. Great experience and service.
I dealt with Mo as the salesman who was excellent with helping my daughter find the right car.
David also helped a lot with my son’s deal to help him get the car he really wanted.
Thank you for your review Mark,and making it family experience.We are delighted .

Great service from
Saeed. Towards the end of our experience I felt things could have been handled better. I would purchase again from car store but only because of Saeed and his customer service
Good afternoon Katie,
Thank you for your review and feedback. I will highlight this to the onsite management team.

Many Thanks Team PV.
Store was lovely and clean, all safety measures were enforced. After sales isn't as great as the sales and still waiting on spare key and dents to be removed.
Good morning Fiona,
Thank you for your your review. I will contact the branch regarding your key and repairs.

Many Thanks Team PV.
Salesman Saeed was great - five stars for him. Was surprised by two things at dealership: (1) general disregard for wearing of masks and practicing social distancing, (2) the fact that the car we bought had three different brands/tread-pattens of tyre (with no axle containing a matched pair). I thought that (2) was actually illegal (it certainly makes for unsafe handling) but perhaps I'm mistaken. The first thing we did with the car was to fit a matching set of tyres. Apart from these two things, five stars.
Good afternoon Steve,thank you for raising these points. I will contact the Dundee management team regarding them. Many Thanks,Team PV.
Excellent service from David Hannah. Unfortunately there were some errors with the overall store/garage - car wasn’t actually taxed despite being told this at vehicle handover the day prior by a different employee. Supaguard treatment was paid for on Saturday however on handover/pick up on Monday it had not been done so had to return on Tuesday which was an inconvenience but was at least sorted asap. Was offered a fuel top up for the inconvenience but this was not done.
Some store issues but David Hannah as the salesman was 10/10.
Still waiting on a spare key for the vehicle as was informed they would be delivered but no information on this as of yet.
Good Afternoon, Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear this. We will chase thi up with our management team ASAP

Team PV
Very welcoming store, all staff exceptionally customer focussed.
Sales consultant David Hannah, very good. Not pushy at all. Listened to my spec and sourced a wide variety of options. Very knowledgeable about each vehicle and tailored the options to suit. He was also very attentive to my my requirements.
Hand over was more than expected, ei g some 11 days but generally the Dundee store kept me informed of progress. Pleased that they let me sell my old car privately rather than trade in as first discussed.
Financially very easy transaction.
Good Afternoon Robert,

Thank you for your five star review. We Really appreciate this! We hope to see you again.

Team PV
The staff were very friendly and helpful. However I think the car could’ve been valeted better. I also told the salesman I didn’t want a car that had had a dog in it and I can now smell the dog smell. There is also a small chip on the bumper after refurbishment, 2 dents and a large scratch that haven’t been fixed. I have been told they will be as soon as possible though. Other than that I have no complaints about any of the staff, they were very pleasant and understanding.
Good Morning Fiona,

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate this. We hope your issues will be resolved promptly.

Team PV
Very warming welcome and staff friendly. Our salesman David Hannah was very patient and honest when helping choose the correct vehicle in the spec and price range we needed. Will definitely be back in 3yrs to trade in and use Peter Vardy again
Good Morning Douglas,

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate this. We hope you enjoy your new car!

CarStore Dundee is rated 4.77 based on 2,679 reviews