CarStore Dundee Reviews

CarStore Dundee 5 star review on 20th November 2019
Barry Sharp
CarStore Dundee 5 star review on 22nd October 2019
Bruce Smith
I found bobby welcoming, balanced in his approach to being helpful however allowed ourselves privacy to to discuss our options without pressure.
Thank you for your five star review! We appreciate this.

Team PV
great costumer service, helpful and understanding. Bobby and the team at peter vardy in Dundee were very professional and was very responsive to my needs and wants. moreover, i love my new car so thanks bobby.
After what could be said as a poor start to the appointment, Kyle and Alan went out of their way to make sure I got a great deal which was really appreciated. Kyle even delivered the car to my front door on his day off now that's commitment, hat's off to you for that.
I was absolutely bowled over by the CarStore Dundee. From the minute we arrived, the girls at reception were lovely, explained the way the store was set out and handed us a small map to help. We were introduced to our sales person, Craig Ross, the girls had already explained why they introduce us initially, to make things easier for us to come back and ask questions etc. Craig was absolutely fantastic, I cannot recommend him highly enough, going above and beyond doesn't even begin to cover how well Craig looked after us. He went through things with us as many times as we needed and answered all our questions very honestly. He was so attentive and when it became apparent that we wouldn't have a car for the weekend, he offered us his! We met a manager, the name of whom I can't remember but he was really wonderful, explaining things we didn't understand regarding finance and doing everything they could to rush through our paperwork in order for us to get our car quicker if possible. I was completely overwhelmed with how well we were treated from start to finish. Even when we picked our car up the lady taking us through everything was so friendly and even waited past her shift finishing when we'd forgotten a somewhat vital piece of paperwork and had to rush back to get it. It was an absolute pleasure buying our car, we have already recommended not only the Carstore but Craig in particular to family and friends. Five stars isn't high enough :)
My most recent experience with Bobby Miller was a good one, he was very helpful and his communication skills were what was required and more.

The following comments in no way reflect on my experience with him.

Unfortunately this was not enough to turn around the sour experience of buying a car overall, I had bought a car in November, after having it for 2 days, the thermostat had went. after handing it back, I was told to pick it up 5 days later, I then had the car for 2 days and it started steaming. The technician had a look and said he would get back to me. the car was in for almost 3 months and had a new engine fitted.

After receiving it back, the auto start stop was causing problems. After breaking down at a petrol station, I had green flag pick me up and drop the car off back at Peter Vardy Car store Dundee, After speaking with a few of the salesmen, I was told that I would be best getting the finance company to rewind the finance and hand the car back. Turns out the car needed a new starter motor and battery along with new earthing straps.

I then got to speaking about getting another car and was told that they would be able to work it out so that I was not losing any money on the first car. Turns out that I have lost out on over £2000, I am still waiting on receipts for all the work done, then I will be taking it to a financial advisor.
salesman bobby very good and a credit to your store,explained everything very well in a way we understood and thanks again
I was listened too and got what I was after. Ricki was very knowledgable and helpful.
The experience of buying a car was a very easy process, the Staff were very helpful. We thought the showroom was an excellent facility to view the cars.

The paperwork was carried out smoothly and efficiently and collecting the car was a simple process.

All in all, the Staff made the trading in and purchasing of another car a stress free experience.
Mark kercher is a total credit to you. He LISTENED to what I was looking for made sure I seen all options of cars even though I was delighted with the first one...fantastic member of your team
great customer service! and we were well looked after, in the end found the perfect car! Thanks so much to Billy for all your help! 😊
Helped to keep two kids entertained while looking at car
were very patient
*This is an edited review by myself, at Peter Vardys request, and changed from 1* to 3* to reflect the subsequent efforts made by the team to rectify the situation(s)*

The salesman we'd arranged to meet on day 1, was on his way out the door to go home at our appointment time, so did a rushed handover to a young lad called Sean who was fairly new. Sean was great, chatty and friendly, and very helpful.

We got the impression no figures would be discussed until we'd decided on a vehicle.

I was receiving calls from Sean, and also the man we were supposed to have dealt with in the first place. I didn't know who I was supposed to be speaking to at first.

Having eventually decided on a car, figures were discussed, and income details taken.

I asked if he wanted my total income or just the income from my work, and was told it was just from my work, which I wasn't convinced was right. But I went with it, a manager called Scott was brought over and a deal was finally reached that I was very happy with. I shook hands with Sean and Scott, signed the paperwork and went home happy, awaiting a phone call about the finance decision.

I then got a text message the next morning to say that the finance had been declined. I suggested they include my total income, but heard nothing more from them that day, despite leaving a message asking for an update.

I then got a call the next morning from Sean congratulating me, saying that I could collect the car that evening as the finance had been approved. We emptied our car, printed the utility bills we needed (which weren't even asked for in the end), and paid for a copy MOT certificate when I couldn't find the original. We were really excited and very happy!

I then got a call from the manager, Scott, that I'd shaken hands with, to say there had been an issue but they had "found a resolution", which meant my monthly payment was going to go up from £150 to £201. The incorrect settlement figure had been entered into the computer when the deal was made, meaning there was a difference of £2000 to find, the only solution being to increase the monthly payment by a third. I declined as it was way above my budget. He offered to reduce it to £175 for the first 18 months. I said no. He suggested if he could get it to £175 for the duration, would we go for it? We reluctantly agreed, if he could do it for that.

I then got a call from Scott to say that the best they could do would be £178 a month for the duration. I asked if he could waive the £100 handover fee as a gesture of goodwill but he said no. I asked for some free car mats at least, which he did agree to. We appreciated the effort that went into getting us this deal, albeit highly disappointed it wasn’t the deal we’d already agreed on.

So we set off to collect the car, in a foul mood instead of the excitement I've always had collecting new cars before. We were expecting to be greeted by Scott at least, with an apology and proper explanation of how such an error managed to bypass everyone until the last minute. But there was nothing. We were sent to the handover area, and were expected to just sign the papers and be on our way. But we asked to speak Scott, and he eventually came over to speak to us. He apologised and explained, but it would have been nice to not have to ask for it. Sean was temporarily transferred to the Perth store that evening, as I found out later.

I mentioned at handover, that the next payment on my old car would be due to come out of the bank in five days time. The girl assured me that the payment would be refunded by my finance company.

We signed the paperwork, did the super cheesy music and disco lights unveiling process despite our muted mood, asked for the free car mats they'd forgotten about, and drove the car away with our free duck teddy. So far it's been a great car, it's just a shame the handover was spoiled by errors and poor customer care.

After the payment came out of my bank for my old car, I phoned the finance company to find out when my refund would be paid. They said there was no refund due on the account as a secondary settlement figure had been paid, instead of the original one. I then phoned Scott but was told he was in a meeting and that he’d phone me shortly. A few hours later I’d heard nothing, so called back only to be told it was actually his day off. I then asked to speak to someone with a higher authority to try and get this sorted out, and was put through to a man called Justin.

On our first call, he seemed helpful enough and promised to look into it and call me back within the hour. Which he did. He then turned into the rudest and most unfriendly person I’ve ever spoken on the phone to, who is supposed to be working in customer service. Talking over me, repeating himself constantly and raising his voice. I got really angry when he insisted on talking over me very loudly, despite me asking him to stop and let me speak. So I hung up as we were going round in circles and getting nowhere. I rang back and asked to speak to anyone other than Justin who had any kind of authority. I was put through to a lovely man called Jordan, who listened to the whole sorry tale, explained properly what had happened and promised to get Scott to call me back the next day before 11:30am.

No call from Scott, however I did get a call from Sean at 3pm, who I was glad to hear had been transferred back to Dundee. He explained what had happened and that technically there was no refund due, however he arranged the refund of £130 as a gesture of goodwill, to be sent by bank transfer, which is all I’d wanted in the first place as I was promised this at hand over.

If they put as much effort into doing things properly as they do into their cringey "personal videos" and mortifyingly cheesy handover process, they'd be on their way to being a half decent car retailer.

Sean will make a great car salesman, he’s honest and fun to speak to, I think Peter Vardy just need to spend more time on training.

Scott made a great effort behind the scenes so that we could drive away in the car we wanted, perhaps just a bit more attention to detail is needed.

Justin should not be working in customer service. Instead of explaining calmly and placating the situation, he made it 100 times worse.

Jordan was calm, friendly, very helpful and definitely did his best to put things right.

Would I buy from there again? In all honesty, probably not. They eventually went to great lengths to rectify a series of situations that should never have occurred in the first place. However, we do have a great car that was clean and tidy.
Excellent showroom with excellent staff who couldnt be more helpful and accommodating. My Salesman Bobby was brilliant in helping me find the car i wanted, and explaining everything to me finance wise. Was lovely when came to pick the car up and Bobby had made a big effort to make the pick up a special time for me. Couldnt fault the staff or the Company. Keep up the good work.
CarStore Dundee 5 star review on 1st October 2020
Good afternoon Steven,
Thank you very much for your review . We are delighted you were so happy with your experience.

Team PV.
.I would like to say Thank you to Bobby and Laura.
Nothing seemed to much bother for Bobby,
Bobby is a true professional and got what I wanted, he took care of my individual needs.
Thank you all.
Good afternoon Graeme,
We are so pleased Bobby and Laura made your purchasing experience special.

Team PV.
Initially things went well. David, the sales rep was helpful and never pushy. He outlined clearly Vardy's selling policy. I viewed the car (VW 2017) once, had a test drive and decided I would buy it. I asked if they would replace at least 2 of the tyres as they were very worn. Was told Vardy policy is you get legal tyres with at least 3mm of tread. However when I returned to collect the car, the tyres I asked about had not been replaced, also at the handover I was not given an MOT certificate or any proof that a service had been done. The tyres have 3.6mm tread left but there is perishing around the outside (see photos below) which would have caused the MOT test to bring up an advisory to replace the tyres. I phoned twice and emailed about my concerns, David was never available so I was put on to other sales reps who gave excuses about the tyres. They can't afford to put new tyres on all their cars, MOTs are done off site so the paperwork must have been left behind. Assurances were given to send the MOT and service documents. David did email back to confirm I was wanting the MOT but nothing yet.I am still waiting (12 days later) for the MOT certificate of the car and a service document to confirm a service was carried out. So, this all may appear pedantic but Vardy's claim to give a 5 star service to customers doesn't stack up in my opinion. They want the customer to feel as if their problems are the customer's problems and you just have to put up with it. Once they get your money, goodbye customer care. That is not excellent customer service.
Good Morning Brian,

We are sorry to hear this. We have contacted our management team regarding this.

Thanks,
Team PV
Very helpful very good customer service would definitely recommend
Good Morning Flora,

Thank you for your five star review. We really appreciate this. We hope you enjoy your new car!

Thanks,
Team PV
Great service and offered plenty of help
Thank you for your five star review! We appreciate this.

Team PV
Bobby has been brilliant from the first time I came in looking for a car. Always easy to contact and got back to me about all my concerns and questions. Couldn’t rate him higher, thanks again!
Good Afternoon Joshua,

Thank you for your review! We appreciate this feedback. We hope to see you again soon.

Team PV
I am a very picky customer, knowing what I wanted and didn’t want in a car. As Andy walked around with me and my Partner, he was piecing together all my likes and dislikes and took me to sit in the Qashqai. I fell in love with it. Did a test drive and now I have it home. I was very happy with Andy, our sales advisor. He was very personal and we had a laugh while getting all the documents and things done.
They even managed to do a good deal on my partners car and he has now traded it in to get a better car.
I was very happy and will be returning and sending anyone I know who wants a car, to go there
Good Afternoon Lucy,

Thank you for your review! We appreciate this feedback. We hope you enjoy your new car!

Team PV
Amazing service from Andrew who spent basically the whole day with us to ensure my Fiancè and I got the right cars for us both, focusing on every minor detail she cared about Right down to the gear stick. There isn’t enough stars to rate The service he provided and he has gained two life long customers in the process. We couldn’t think of anything he could have done better. Deffinetly went above and beyond for us and took the stress out of finding our cars. Thank you Andrew. We will see you again for our next cars.
Good Afternoon Matt,