CarStore Dundee Reviews

CarStore Dundee 5 star review on 29th December 2020
James Patton
CarStore Dundee 5 star review on 18th December 2020
Lesley Smith
We loved our experience at car store, we were met by Bobby at the entrance, we told him what we wanted in a car, between Alan (manager) and Bobby they had found the perfect car within 1 hour, they organised to have the car brought to Dundee and kept us informed all the way through to us driving out of the showroom, we felt we were valued customers and not just someone to make money from. We will definitely recommend them to friend and we would use them without again hesitation.
Welcoming, clean, easy to understand COVID-19 restrictions. Showroom was great although the music was quite loud and that made it tricky to hear Gordon over the music, through a mask and a perspex screen. Would recommend. Gordon was fantastic and really glad we were able to deal with him. Very good knowledge of the cars and helpful when explaining everything and talking us through the sale.
i was allowed to take my time looking for the car i wanted and at no time was i put under any pressure to buy, all the staff were very friendly and helpful, i am however still waiting for someone to contact me regarding the windscreen of the car
We came to view looking for a Range Rover evoque which you had in stock. I spoke to the salesman who was helpful at first. After the road test when we sat down with the salesman one of the first things I asked was about the service history he said it was electronic and that I could phone up a Land Rover dealership to get it so he asked about our car’s full service history and locking wheelnut which I said it had. We decided to buy the car at that point. He tried to sell us extra products which I said I would think about it as we were over budget he mentioned we do a paint protection system which was £250 at that point I thought it was not a good deal as I had my Porsche done for £150 which he agreed to find out if they could match it and we agreed to this. On checking the boot I realised that I had paid for a bag of Autoglym products and that the car had not been treated with a paint protection. It did not bead with water when we washed it. I thought the car was getting a paint protection coating not a bag of polish.

He said he would phone on the Monday morning about the extended warranty and he did. I declined the extras and I mentioned the holiday vouchers offer on that day and he said when you collect the car ask about it.
On the pickup day we did the paperwork and we asked about the holiday and she said that there were none left even though your website said you would get the deal if we purchased a car. After that we did a walk round and she asked if we had left the service book and locking wheel nut in our car. She told us that the wheel nut was missing from the evoque and that it would be posted out to us. Checking in the boot I was surprised to see a puncture canister that looked cheap. We drove back to Edinburgh with no wheelnut and a canister that would not have done the job if we had a puncture. Poor show. Over the weekend we noticed the tailgate was not working electrically so we phoned back on the Monday and I was told they would check with the Edinburgh branch and get back to me but they haven’t yet and it’s now 2 weeks. I did phone up Pentland Land Rover about the service history and they were not helpful and said Peter Vardy should have done it for you as they have a dealership in Aberdeen. Totally disappointed as we spent £23000 and have had no after sale service from yourselves as detailed above. I look forward to hearing from you.
Good AFternoon Sandra,

Thank you for your review. We are very sorry to hear of your experience while buying your new car. we have passed your experience along to our management team. They will be in contact soon.
Team PV
I visited the showroom on Saturday the 4th of April and had a good experience there, we spoke to a man called Craig Harvey and he couldn’t of been more helpful, I ended up getting the car I wanted and got a very good deal as well.
Good Afternoon Jake,

Thank you for your five star review. We hope craig was able to help find your new car! We hope to see you again soon.

Team PV
We were welcomed to the store by every member of staff we met during our visit to buy a new car. Bobby invited us to view all 4 cars we wanted to view and expertly guided us through each of them. He was friendly, professional, competent and helpful. We were able to make our minds without any “hard sell”. We made our choice and Bobby helped everything come together smoothly for us. A very pleasant experience in a welcoming, relaxing environment. We are enjoying our new, to us, VW Passat. It’s everything Peter Vardy said it was. Thank you. And, thank you all for adhering to COVID rules. We felt safe throughout our visit. Definitely recommend the Car Store in Dundee.
Good Afternoon William,

Thank you for your five star review. We are very pleased to hear of your experience at Peter Vardy carz. We hope you love your new car!

Team PV
Good range of vehicles. You pay top dollar because they will give you top service when you buy from here as well as put right minor faults with the vehicle if you spot anything when you go to collect the car. Not so keen on the finance they offer, but when needs must... Nothing bad to say other than that. Very happy with my purchase. Was time for a sensible car and they provided.
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your five star review. We are pleased to hear of your experience! We Hope you love your new car.

team PV
David Fyffe was brilliant from start to finish .
Good Afternoon Jimmy,

Thank you for your five star review. We appreciate it! We hope you love your new car.

Team PV
Great service, David was very helpful
Good Afternoon Carly,

thank you for your five star review! We hope you love your new car. We hope to see you soon.

Team PV
Fantastic service from start to finish, I cannot explain how easy getting my new car was and it was delivered so quickly. Amazing as always! Thank you so much.
CarStore Dundee 5 star review on 2nd April 2021
Good Afternoon Rebecca,

Thank you for your five star review. We hope you love your new mercedes! We hope to see you again soon.

Team PV
David was very helpful. Quick and easy purchase.
Good Afternoon Paula,

Thank you for your five star review. We are glad to hear this! We hope the team provided excellent service. We hope to see you again.

Team PV
My new car needs an alloy fixed and some chips in the body work. When I got the car pointed it out to the women said someone will phone me with in a day or two . To see about getting it fixed . No phone call. I have phoned up twice to get told some one will phone me back the same day still waiting
Good Afternoon Thomas,

Thank you for your review. We are very sorry to hear of your review. We have passed your feedback along to the management team who will be in contact.

Team PV
The sales experience was excellent . A little more knowledge of the car would have been helpful . However I would give David Hannah 4 stars . My wife was very happy with her cup of coffee while the paper work was being completed .
Unfortunately the handover experience left a lot to be desired . The paper work was rushed through and I had to ask for the holiday voucher we were promised as it was not in the pack . The car was parked some distance away in the forecourt . It would have been preferable to have had the car nearer to the door of the showroom ready to drive away . On the journey home to Arbroath we discovered that the passenger airbag was turned off and as we were new to the car we were unable to reset it .We then noticed on the instrument panel that an oil change was required and on checking the service book we saw that it had not been stamped since it’s first service in 2017. In the glove compartment there was a vehicle check form which stated poor condition break disc and break pad of the rear near side wheel. On the report form there was the name and phone number of the previous owner which was rather unprofessional for this to be available to me . The handover therefore was very disappointing . I update my car on a very regular basis and I would think twice about using Peter Vardy Dundee in the future .
Good Afternoon Arthur,

thank you for your review. We are very sorry to hear about your experience with Peter Vardy. We have passed your feedback along to our after sales department. the team will be in contact soon.

Team PV
Dave Hannah pulled out all the stops to ensure I got an amazing deal on the car I wanted. Thanks to the amazing team at Vardys
CarStore Dundee 5 star review on 29th March 2021
Good Afternoon Gordon!

Thank you for your five star review. We are very pleased to hear of your experience. We hope the team were able to help find your dream car!

Team PV
its my second car from peter vardy dundee the salesman david fyffe was excellent a very good salesman the manager was also good went out of there way again to get me the best deal would definatly be back agian billy sim
Thank you for your five star review William! The team will be pleased to hear of your new car buying experience !

Team PV
Gordon the salesman was brilliant. He listened to what we wanted and it paid off. The car he picked out for us is amazing. From start to finish they have all been great
Good Afternoon Lesley,

Thank you for your five star review! We are happy to hear of your experience. We hope you love your new car!

Team PV
Happy with the car and the service I was given on the day I first went through.

No updates given after I reserved the car. I had to contact dealership to find out what was happening. Finance agreement was to be sent to myself by email but email failed to send. Wasn’t informed of this and had to contact dealership myself to find this out.

On day of pickup informed of another £300 that was outstanding which I wasn’t made aware of. I had already paid my initial deposit prior to pick up.
Good Afternoon Colin,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of your experience. We have contacted our management team regarding this. the team will be in contact soon.

Team PV
Very pleased with sales person Sayeed. He went above & beyond to find the vehicle that suited my needs. Even borrowed the managers golf clubs to show they would fit in the Nissan Note which I bought.
Good Afternoon Avril,

Thank you for your five star review! We hope you are enjoying your new car!

Team PV
Saeed was incredibly helpful and made the whole thing super easy! Couldn’t recommend him enough!
Good Afternoon Caitlyn,

Thank you for your review. Saeed will be pleased to hear of your experience. We hope you enjoy your new car.

Team PV
Excellent service. Staff extremely pleasant and very helpful. Made the car buying experience most enjoyable.
Good Afternoon James,

Thank you for your five star review. We hope the team were able to help you find your new car!

CarStore Dundee is rated 4.77 based on 2,717 reviews