CarMats.co.uk Reviews

of reviewers recommend CarMats.co.uk
Read CarMats.co.uk Reviews

About CarMats.co.uk:

Our bespoke carpet and rubber car mats fit seamlessly into your vehicle. Not one-size-fits-all, our car mats are hard-wearing and come perfectly tailored for any car model and make.

All of our car floor mats are made to order in the UK and even better... you’ll get FREE delivery on orders over £40.

hello@carmats.co.uk

Tell us how CarMats.co.uk made you happy
Quality of the mats in general is great. However, there are a few issues as follows that have been communicated to them prior to making this review: 1. The velcro fastening in the BMW F10 footwell is supplied as a piece of self adhesive velcro. This adhesive is not strong enough and the mat continuously comes unstuck. Car mats.co.uk offered to send new velcro to see if that works. I don't feel it will, therefore I spent several hours hand sewing the velcro to the mat. 2. The heel pad that I paid for is mounted too far back on the mat. I have size 11 UK feet, so anyone with smaller feet will have a bigger issue. This mean that my heels do not touch the heel pad whilst driving, they touch the mat Infront of the heel pad. Hopefully carmats.co.uk will take this on and improve their product.
Hey Tom Thank you for your leaving a review and for your original order back in January. This is the first time we've received feedback on the stickyness of the velcro pads, we'll certainly take the feedback on board. As you've mentioned we were happy to send out more pads but you'd resolved the issue yourself in the meantime. As discussed with our team, we're unable to position heelpads to suit every possible driving style and foot size, we do however do our best to ensure a good all around position.
Actually I have to say that I am pretty disappointed by the mats delivered. Fitted well however I paid for the executive option so I was expecting an executive feel. The pile was quite poor for thickness. I bought them to increase the value as I am looking to sell the car but they wasn’t any different to those already fitted by the lease company previously. If I was keeping the car I would definitely be sending them back!
The mats are not very good and overpriced. I paid for an upgrade on material and went with these as the 'cheaper' ones on ebay had issues with fitting of the rear mats. The mats that turned up did not fit well in the rear, had to be squeezed under seat rails. Additionally, in my opinion, they where very light and cheap feeling, with wear on the heel pad after very short use. Only positive was that their customer service were very helpful in checking that the right mats had been sent. Unfortunately they confirmed that the right mats had been sent: so had overpaid for cheap mats. Personally, I will buy eBay / Halfords next time and replace as needed.
Please consider you are given an option of leaving good feedback or contacting carmats. Poor customer service in terms of contact and not an exact fit. Lack of telephone number makes it hard to communicate with representative.
Thank you for leaving a review and for your original order. Currently we are not operating a staffed phone line but you are able to email our team, who respond to all queries within 1 business day and typically within a few hours. I've checked our system and I can see you were in touch prior to delivery but we haven't heard from you regarding the fit of your mats. I'd encourage you to contact our team with more information and we'd be happy to help.
Car mats were good, the Hermes delivery was shambolic as was the packaging, and the time it took for them to arrive.
Thank you for your order & for leaving a review. Unfortunately we've experienced delays in our factory due to COVID-19, these were worse than anticipated and delayed orders for a period. We notified our customers of the delay and updated them as we could as the delay progressed. We apologise for the inconvenience this must have caused. Happily we are now running at normal lead times and delivering orders within a week.
Delivery took far too long than 9 days stated. Would use again for this reason. Product is good but probably save money next time and buy some rubber ones from eBay.
Took around 5 weeks for delivery. Used the pandemic as an excuse 18 months after first lockdown. Whilst this is understandable there is no info on the site letting customers know. If you can wait this long, great option but just beware the delivery times shown at checkout are incorrect.
Thank you for your order & for leaving a review. Unfortunately we've experienced delays in our factory due to COVID-19, these were worse than anticipated and delayed orders for a period. I can see that your order was delivered in approximately 3 weeks, which also included the Easter Bank holiday. We notified our customers of the delay and updated them as we could as the delay progressed. We apologise for the inconvenience this must have caused. Happily we are now running at normal lead times and delivering orders within a week.
On website and on confirmation email says up to 9 working days to receive an oder. It's been 3 weeks already! Disappointing...
Thank you for your order & for leaving a review. As a COVID-19 secure employer we had a number of our production staff team isolating in March. This has unfortunately constrained our production ability as all of our products are made to order. As a result your delivery was later than anticipated. We apologise for the inconvenience that this must have caused but we're glad that your order has now been delivered.
Well I certainly wont be using this company again, they took 3 weeks to arrive. Having gone for the 'super' version they are nothing better than what I can buy at Halfords at half the price other than they are cut to fit. Each mat is supposed have Velcro fasteners, a total of 8, only 2 arrived. The only reason I have given it two stars is because they gave me a fiver back because it was so late. I am sorry, but a total waste of time, money and incomplete product.
Hi Richard Thank you for your order and for leaving a review. I'm sorry to hear you aren't happy with the mats you have received. The mats you can buy off the shelf at high street retailers typically aren't tailored to your footwell, and as such would be a poor fit. These universal mats are far cheaper to manufacture as they can be made in bulk, whereas your order was made specifically for your vehicle as you ordered it, this allowed you to customise your order and choose to add a PVC heelpad. We apologise for the late delivery of your order, we aimed at the time of your order to deliver within 9 working days and sadly did not achieve due to some issues with our team isolating. We haven't had any correspondence with you since your delivery was received. If you want to contact our customer services team we'd be happy to arrange for additional velcro to be sent out to you.
Paid for the “grand” upgrade, very thin and poor quality, I sent them back
My car mats arrived and although the front fit well, the rear mats were not the right fit for the car. Very disappointed
Hi Thank you for your order and for leaving a review. I'm sorry to hear about this issue. All our mats are tailored for the specific vehicle and should fit the footwells correctly. I can see that you emailed to raise this issue with us the day you left the review and our team responded asking for more information. Once you've responded with the required information, I'm sure that our team will be able to resolve the issue.
I received my mats today for my Honda Civic Tourer and the paid the extra for the Supermats at £45 . They fit well but I do not think the quality or the thickness is great . I was expecting a more up market carpet . Whilst I appreciate that they are cut to the specific car I would not buy the Super mats again . I would order the top of the range mats in the hope they really would be executive luxurious mats .
Hi Paul Thank you for your order & for leaving a review. I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the thickness of the mats you received. We'll take this feedback on board. You may have been happier with the Executive mats as you suggest. Thanks again for your custom.
Ordered for my new Golf and selected the correct model. The mats do not line up with the fixtures and so just sit on top, bending over the notches. Waste of time.
Hey Chloe Thank you for your original order & for your review. You require a slightly different set of mats for your vehicle rather than the set purchased. I can see that you've been in touch previously with our customer services team who have sent through the returns information but we've not heard back. Where mats have been used we are unable to accept them for an exchange.
Bought second most expensive option, compared to mats that came with car they look absolutely turd, came in a giant see through bag as well so returning them was out of the question once opened, wouldn’t recommend
Matt's were much smaller in size than what you would get even e8th replacement matts. The quality seems ok but cheap. There are alot of points where heating or a hot rod has been used to compress the joints so they don't flay. Kind of disappointed at the level of the product seen as their website makes them out tl be world beaters
Hey Hammayun Thank you for your order and for leaving a review. We offer 4 qualities of carpet mats, the Motor mats you've ordered are our entry level mats and we offer 3 qualities above this. You may have been happier with a thicker mat. If the mats are unused you are welcome to return them for an exchange.
Not as I had expected. Light weight and creased on arrival. The creases have not flattened as yet. On reflection, I should have ordered the heavier grade of carpet, had I known. I anticipated better for what I paid, truth be told.
Hey Jon Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Unfortunately due to the shape of the Transit mats they do require to be folded for shipping which can leave a temporary crease. This should come out in a few days though, but if it doesn't please do let us know.
poor workmanship and quality poor customer service disappointed to say the least waste of my money
Hi Parveen Thank you for your order and for taking the time to leave a review. i'm sorry to hear that you aren't happy with the product you've received. I've checked our support system and can see that you enquired regarding lead times, prior to delivery, which we responded to within an hour. We're happy to hear from you again should you wish to contact us so we can resolve the issue.
Was disappointed with the finish and piping edges didn’t meet up or sewn together properly. Long threads left hanging. Paid extra for grey piping edging which looked almost black in colour not grey.
Hey Claire Thank you for your order and for leaving a review. I'm really sorry to hear about the issue raised, we'd love to resolve this for you as the grey trim should very definitely grey and not black. I have just refunded the £3.99 cost for the grey trim but please do contact us should you wish to discuss this further.
Very disappointed I always check the reviews before I use a company. They took what seemed like an age to get here, certainly more than the 9 days specified and when they did, the quality I think is average to poor. I ordered the "Super" version and so expected more. The mats are thin, are difficult to install as the fixing holes are smaller than the Volvo studs. Sorry to say that I will not be using this company again
Ordered the grand style mat and the quality does not seem to be of that described, these seem to be the lowest level
Hi Phil Thank you for leaving a review. We offer four qualities of carpet, Grand being the second of the four. It maybe that you would have been happier with Super or Executive. We're happy to exchange the order if you wish to return them to us and they are unused. If so please do email hello@carmats.co.uk
CarMats.co.uk is rated 4.81 based on 6,442 reviews