CarMats.co.uk Reviews

of reviewers recommend CarMats.co.uk
Read CarMats.co.uk Reviews

About CarMats.co.uk:

Our bespoke carpet and rubber car mats fit seamlessly into your vehicle. Not one-size-fits-all, our car mats are hard-wearing and come perfectly tailored for any car model and make.

All of our car floor mats are made to order in the UK and even better... you’ll get FREE delivery on orders over £40.

hello@carmats.co.uk

Tell us how CarMats.co.uk made you happy
CarMats.co.uk 5 star review on 2nd July 2022
CarMats.co.uk 5 star review on 27th June 2022
Dougie Sharpe
CarMats.co.uk 5 star review on 23rd June 2022
Gordon Elrick
I was looking for some decent car mats, a bit of quality for my new car, delivery was advertised at being my 3 to 9 days, great I thought should have them for when the car is delivered. Wrong was I, 16 days from order to delivery, not what I call good service, the company will probably respond by saying the jubilee effected it, really if that is the case then you really need to look at your excuses because that would just be a very poor one. Now if they were the quality I was expecting with spending over £50 for car mats then that would almost be worth it. Nope, they feel like basic quality, not very thick. The one good thing which is why it’s not a 1 star is the fit is very good.
Hi Richard Thank you for your order and email. I'm sorry to hear you're not happy with the speed of delivery, your order was outside our standard lead times of up to 9 working days - for this, we apologise. You've mentioned the jubilee which did indeed have an impact on the dispatch and then shipping lead time, unfortunately.
After purchasing the executive mats for a freelander 1 & waiting nearly a month for delivery, when they did arrive, I did wonder how standard mats differed from executive as the material quality looked basic to say I had paid a premium for executive/luxury. The front mats had an excellent profile to the genuine mats, whilst the rear mats were significantly smaller & offered little in foot-well coverage/protection. Customer service response was excellent, although as I had requested customisation a return refund was not permitted due to personalisation. For the price I had paid I was hoping for a wow factor which sadly I didn't get ! My advice is to buy standard mats then if not happy a return is possible.
CarMats.co.uk 2 star review on 27th May 2022
Hi Chris Thank you for your order and for leaving a review. I'm sorry to hear that your original order was lost and had to be remade, I'm glad they arrived with you safely. We offer four qualities of carpet, all of which get thicker and more luxurious. There is a marked difference in the qualities as you go up through the grades of carpet. I'm sorry you were ultimately unhappy with your experience purchasing car mats through us. I hope you'll consider purchasing future car mats from CarMats.co.uk and we have a chase to deem ourselves.
Poor quality matts After 1 month the driver side matt started to shred badly under the clutch pedal.
Hi Bela Thank you for your order and for leaving a review. I know you've spoken to our team about your mats and they have advised you that you should expect some slight wear initially there your feet touch the mat. This is to be expected, car mats are a wear product. They should not continue to wear at this rate and the pictures provided show wear consistent with your usage.
after 3 week wait they sent out wrong colour mats not happy
Hey Debbie Thank you for your order and for leaving a review. I'm sorry to hear you are not happy with the order you have received. I've checked our system and I can't see an email from you. Please do get in touch and we'd be happy to resolve the issue with the colour. We aim to deliver all orders within 9 working days and we're well within this at the moment. Your order took slightly longer due to a delay with the embroidery, please accept our apologies for this.
Had to what over one month for the mat set and it was send to address 144 miles away after informing the 10 day in advance to send to new address Happy with mats but not the time or delivery
Hey Derek Thank you for your order & for leaving a review. Please accept our apologies for the fact that your original order was sent to the wrong address, this was an error on our end. I can see that you discussed this with our team who offered a partial refund as a gesture of goodwill. I'm glad to see that you've received the replacement mats and are happy with them.
Bought mats for my Vauxhall Crossland 18 although quality good they do not fit . They are out by a lot can’t clip them on and just move about under my feet useless. They were not expensive so not even worth sending them back lesson learnt you get what you pay for .
Hey Maureen Thank you for your order and for leaving a review. I'm sorry to hear that your mats do not fit your Crossland 2018, they should be a good fit. We've contacted you to discuss the issue so that we can resolve it for you.
Still waiting for my order or a refund. Can't phone them. I get the odd email to say its delayed but still no mats its been 2 weeks now well past the 9 day promise
Mats were delivered on time but were trimmed in red not blue. It was agreed that a replacement set would be sent out. After countless emails I am still waiting, 5 WEEKS has passed. You describe your service as unbeatable, not in my experience. I am still waiting.
Hi Karl Thank you for your order & email. I'm sorry to hear that the mats you received were trimmed in the wrong colour. Your replacement set will be leaving us very shortly, please accept our apologies for the delay.
Customer Service non existent, was told 9 days for delivery at time of ordering and would be emailed with tracking details 2 days before delivery was due, 9 days passed and no tracking details, contacted them to be hit with a scripted nonsensical reply, order arrived 3 days late and now had the mats around 2 weeks and still waiting on the tracking details, doesn’t matter now I suppose, Onto the mats themselves for a product they claim is handmade you would expect a high quality but guess what they are substandard and you are charged a premium fee for them and I haven’t even mentioned that the drivers mat is the wrong shape, paid for manufacturers spec fixing pads and got none at all so the mats also move about when they should be fixed to the floor, My advice would be to pay the little extra, go direct to your car dealership and buy the manufacturer’s own mats
Thank you for your order & for leaving a review. I'm sorry to hear that you're unhappy with the service that you've received. We aim to deliver all orders within 9 working days as you've mentioned. From your order details, I can see that you placed your order on 21st February and your order was shipped 6 working days later on 1st March. Your order was then delivered two working days later on the 8th working day. When your order was shipped we sent an email confirmation of shipment which includes a tracking number and a link to track your shipment. This may have been misdirected into your spam folder. If your mats are the incorrect shape, please do reach out to our customer support team and we'd be happy to help.
Car mats took way to long to get to me. Once they arrived they was nothing special for the price.
Thank you for your order & for leaving a review. I'm sorry to hear that your order was slightly delayed, I can see that this was a couple of days over our stated lead times. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused. In terms of the product, we offer a range of qualities of mat - it may be that you would have been happier with a product higher in our range.
The mats are reasonable value for money, but I would advise that the heel pad is too far back on this design. I have a fairly common size 8 shoe and my heel is pressing just in front of the heel pad, so the pad is not able to do the job it was intended to. I would actually appreciate a replacement driver's mat with the pad stitched further forward. Thank you
Hi Martin Thank you for your order and for leaving a review. I'm sorry to hear the heelpad isn't in the best location for your driving style. We try to locate our heelpads in the most convenient place for all customers. Our team have dropped you an email to discuss this matter further so we can resolve it to your satisfaction.
Car mats are excellent and fit well. Just be careful with boot/load space mats. Mine eventually, (first one got lost in transit) arrived folded into three, which split the backing so it wouldn’t lay flat. It had two ridges running the length of it. (Also the edging was badly damaged in two places) A replacement was organised, no problem. Was told that the mats aren’t usually folded, so agreed a replacement on the basis that it would be sent out rolled, not folded. Some days later I was told that they only send them folded! and would I like a credit? Clearly they prefer to send their products out ‘pre damaged’ to annoy their customers, rather than roll them like all other mat, rug, and carpet suppliers do. Really annoyed, as I now have to source an alternative which probably won’t match the colour of the car mats.
Thank you for your order & for leaving a review. We're very sorry for the issue with your mat, this is a very rare occurrence. It's not possible to easily roll thicker products so many boot mats and larger mats are sent out carefully folded. Typically the mats will lie flat very shortly after arrival, in your case the backing had split, as we imagine something heavy had been sitting on the mat during transit. As we were unable to roll the replacement mat we issued a refund as you requested.
Purchased "Super" grade with red edging, carpet is thin & poor quality, edging is cheaply sewn on rather than attached neatly like other mats I have seen, this leaves puckering on the corners. Expected a lot better for the price & grade of mat that I purchased, they investigsted my complaint & was told I got what I paid for. Choose another make is my advice, they feel & look cheap & nasty. Fitment & clips were good, but that was the only positive.
Hi Mark Thank you for your order & for leaving a review. I'm sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the mats you have received. I've reviewed the communication you've had with our team and they are correct that the product you've received is of the right quality and has no faults with it. I'm sorry to hear that doesn't meet your expectations.
My daughters Nissan mats were worn on the driver mat, so just decided to get her a new set and she is very pleased with them. The pvc on the drivers mat was a good choice. Only trouble was that one of the built in clips on the drivers mat was broken, so had to glue it, bit disappointed.
Hi Darren Thank you for your order and for leaving a review. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with the clips, these do occasionally break in transit. We'd be happy to send out a replacement clip for any that are broken, please do let us know and we'll get some popped in the post.
My new car mats arrived how disappointed I was with the thin quality of the carpet, I paid £59.99 for the apparently luxury quality mabe I was sent the cheap mats by mistake.I would not recommend or buy these again .
Hi Ross Thank you for your review and order. We're sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the thickness of the mats you've received for your Toyota C-HR. I've checked our system and I can't see that you've reached out to our support team, I'd encourage you to do this if the mats are still an issue. We take great to describe our products accurately on our website, however, car mats can be a very personal thing. Everyone has slightly different expectations and we're sorry if we didn't meet yours.
No different than the mats you can buy in a supermarket at a fraction of the price. Very disappointed.
Hi Andrew Thank you for your order & for leaving a review. I'm sorry to hear that you aren't happy with the mats that you have received. The mats you can purchase in the supermarket are not tailored for specific vehicles, you certainly wouldn't be able to purchase a tailored set of mats for your Hyundai Santa Fe 2018. Your mats were slightly more expensive than a standard set as you have a 7 seater, with an additional row of mats. In addition, all our mats are made to order, which allows you to customise both the quality, colours, trim and various other options. This does increase the cost compared to supermarket, mass produced, universal mats. Please do reach out to our customer service team if you'd like to discuss this further.
Just received mats for new Nissan Quashqai. Very Disappointed. Incredibly thin material for £44 + Pounds. Fit ok . Might as well have gone to motorist discount store and paid £10.
Hi Malcolm Thank you for your order & for leaving a review. I'm sorry to hear you're unhappy with the mats you have received. I've checked our system and I can't see that any contact from you, please do reach out if this is still an issue and we'd be happy to assist. Unlike mats you can purchase in-store, our mats are tailored to your specific footwell, including manufacturer fittings where available.
Appalling customer service. I ordered some (not inexpensive!) mats from this cowboy outfit, which were delivered without any fixing clips or Velcro tape. I also regarded them of very poor quality for the price. I complained and, fair enough, they requested photos of the items. Confirmation received that the correct mats had been supplied, but all of the fixings had been missed. I decided that I wanted to return the mats (as the order was incomplete and not fit for purpose) and they insisted that I pay the return postage!! What?! I need to incur return costs as a result of their ineptitude?! I complained that I should certainly not be penalised, but “no” CarMats were adamant that I pay the postage or there would be no refund. Not worth taking them to court for breach of contract (and they know this) so I complied, returned the order and paid for the privilege. Hence this scathing review and many more elsewhere. Please buy your car mats from a reputable company, and in doing so ensure that this bunch of cowboys goes under.
Hi Steve Thank you for your order & for leaving a review. I feel that you have presented a very one sided review versus what happened with your order. You contacted our team letting us know that the velcro was missing and that you were expecting a higher quality of mat. Our team initially asked for photos to confirm that the correct quality had been supplied, which it had. You may have been happier ordering a higher quality of mat. The velcro is supplied loose in the packaging, it's possible that this was missed when you opened the packaging, or perhaps it was missing from the order. Regardless, Helen was very happy to send out the missing velcro via the post, thus resolving the issue, however you wished to return the mats which is your right. Your stance in this review on Trustpilot and in the other locations you've copied this review to is very disappointing to see. To wish a business to go under and for people to lose their jobs because some velcro was missing from your order is hard to reconcile, especially after the year we've all had. As mentioned via email I have refunded your order in full as we do not wish to receive your custom. Please keep the mats and use them as you see fit.
Paid for the executive mats the most expensive ones for my new car. Read the reviews and all highly rated so i ordered them. When they arrived I was disappointed. The mats look like something I could of bought for a lot cheaper and the hand stitching around the edge looks cheap and nasty. They do fit nice in the car but if could have seen them before hand definitely would not have paid the price I did
Hi Lee Thank you for your order & email. I'm sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the mats you've received. The mats received should not have any quality issues. If there are quality issues with the mats you've received then please reach out to our team on hello@carmats.co.uk.
Sales Quote, “Deep pile executive mats oozing luxury” I think not.. What a waste of money, Sorry to say the quality of the mats I received are awful. Unless the order has been made wrong, I paid for the highest quality and received the lowest quality. Very thin pile, god knows what the lowest quality looks like I could have got better mats from Halfords. Communication was good, delivery was slow, fitment is exceptable.
Hi Colin Thank you for your order & for leaving a review. I'm sorry to hear that you're not happy with the quality of the mats you've received. I've checked our system and I can't see any contact from you, so I've emailed asking for some more information so can hopefully resolve this issue. It's possible that the wrong item has been dispatched in error. Delivery was within our guidelines although on the longer end of these, so please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this caused.
CarMats.co.uk is rated 4.84 based on 19,319 reviews