Cardyard Reviews

Live Chat, Email, Telephone
Read Cardyard Reviews

mike@cardyard.co.uk

6 Lyndhurst Road

Tell us how Cardyard made you happy
DO NOT SELL!! They scammed me out of a £30 gift card and won’t refund me my money! They took the information of the card and ran.
You were paid for 2 Pandora cards to which you informed us that this was not correct as you used them. You then decided to sell them somewhere and have encountered a problem with one of the cards. 'We recommend only selling gift cards on a specialist gift card exchange. We have corresponded over this issue and let you know the outcome.
Purchased a GAP e-gift card that I could not use online, it did state on the website use gift cards in store only but did not state e-gift cards so lost £21.25 ... I think CARDYARD need to differentiate between gift & e-gift cards ... not happy 😡
We offered you a resolution, but you still left this review. You then called us to explain that, whereas it may be obvious to us that an egift card is the same as a gift card, it won't be to everybody. However, you offered no collaboration and want to publish your frustration. You haven't lost £21.25. We've added a sentence to say GAP egifts and gift cards have the same restriction, though the information pop-up on listed e-gifts already makes this clear. We understand not everybody will click on the pop up.
I was promised time and time again that i would have the money in my bank by Monday they even stated that on trust pilot, the live chat is just pointless after you've sent them in its now the promised day "Monday" and 10am and still nothing, they even said on live chat on Friday that they will email me to show my landlord that i will have the money on moday to pay him, now he's coming to pick up the arears and ive got nothing to give him unless by some chance its in within the hour, i would have been happy giving 5stars if they stuck to the promise and truly believe them, now ive got PTSD after serving 10 years in Iraq and Afghanistan and I'm still fighting my demons and trying my hardest fir my family especially my 4yo daughter but i must admit this has been more stressful them most days in service,my house is on the line here and i need a miracle. I sent a live chat message at 730 this morning and got a message back auto reply saying no one was available expect a reply in an hour but this is 3 hours down now and still nothing, i even had to wait 5days if I'm not mistaken for a reply last time but before i sent them it was minuets
Hello David, we have corresponded a lot, both by email, chat and you phoned us. You were paid on the day promised. I understand you have other issues which are nothing to do with Cardyard, and I hope you are able to resolve them.
Best wishes, Mike
Would not use again
I can see there was a slight hiccup when you submitted your card, but we did correspond a lot to put things right. We paid you the money you were owed when promised. I'm sorry to hear you won't be using us again. Best wishes, Mike
Tried twice to purchase 3 gift cards! Totalling £850. With the intention of purchasing another £850 worth!
My bank had no problems with authorising the payments, Halifax sent me a text with a code to authorise payment no issues there! They were a gift to friends, so decided to use their email address for e vouchers to go to them directly as i barely use my email and not completely computer savvy. I do not even own a smartphone, social media or whatsapp. They wanted photo I.D, i am at work, managed to get a friend of mine to whatsapp on their phone to others to be able to email them across for me. AVOID THIS COMPANY! Never have I or any friends had any issue like it when trying to purchase online. AVOID AVOID AVOID
I know how frustrating it can be getting thwarted trying to do something. Anti fraud is our top priority and unfortunately innocents get caught in the crossfire. We cancelled your payments, we took no money from you card, but I know how hard you were trying to make it work but we couldn't fulfil your order. Kind regards, Mike
Sold 2 e cards now and 1 more to be sold, they selling speed is from another planet..... very fast. However for seller to wait for 2 weeks is just crazy, if they waited 1 week yes but 2 weeks for someone yo receive money when they already get like 25 to 50 less then their gift card value is just not fair.
Hi there, thanks for leaving a review. I can see you listed 2 x Ikea gift cards on separate exchanges however you only ever sent 1 of the gift cards and have since cancelled the second sale. We do not take 25-50% and feel our service is fair and is a great way for people to make cash from unwanted gift cards.
scam , use code
Hi Ta, I've looked into your account and can see that we did not accept your codes as we are waiting for a copy of your egift certificates. Your codes have not been accepted by us so I don't understand your comment.
Regards, Mike
In reply to your response to my first review:
I send you a voucher on which you value at a certain amount then upon receiving it you say its invalid...if you had done your job correctly you could have ascertained this before I sent it...thats why you are rubbish.
Unfortunately the voucher you sent us is no longer accepted by the retailer. We will return the voucher to you today with instructions on how to retrieve the value from the retailer. We provide a very good service and help many thousands of customers.
Regards, Mike
DO NOT BUY FROM CARDYARD!

I have been buying online for countless years, but this has been the worst experience I've ever had.

I tried to make a test £4 purchase to see if this site was a scam or not and it not go ahead. The same card I've used to make hundreds of online and offline purchases this year without problem.

I chased them up and they asked me for my ID. No company I've ever made an online purchase has asked me for that. I scanned and emailed them my proof of ID immediately.

Then they did not reply to me.

They simply wrote me one sentence saying "check Intercom". I had no idea what intercom was, as not a single of the hundreds of thousands of people I've communicated with by email over the years has asked me to "check Intercom".

I eventually discovered this was their online chat facility. Why they can't simply answer my email or give me a ring beggar's belief.

No replies there whatsoever. I even sent them screenshots showing there's no reply there.

I tried ringing them multiple times - no answer to the phone.

Left message to be rang back - re reply.

Tried contacting them again by email etc. But they are complete and total amateurs.

I haven't received my voucher code!

This is literally the worst shopping experience I've ever had. Wasted three hours of my time with no result.

This site is probably run by a one man/woman in their bedroom - hence never picking up the phone - probably from Eastern Europe or somewhere like that due to the poor and difficult-to-fathom English and is a complete shambles of an operation.

Don't touch them with a barge pole: you will regret it!
You made an attempted purchase on our website, but the purchase failed and you received a full refund to your credit card. You were invited to send ID to complete this purchase and you complied with this request. However, by the time you had sent the ID, the purchase had been refunded to you. You are now free to make future purchases if you wish.
Cardyard has always been fully a UK company; all staff live and work in Exeter, Devon. We are an equal opportunity employer with a diverse workforce.
They are with holding my payment although I met all quarantine conditions, they seem to believe I am liable for the collapse of Thomas Cook Plc although Thomas Cook went into administration 23rd of September which is three days after the quarantine period was passed.

I am still waiting for payment
The demise of Thomas Cook is a very big and sad event. Many thousands of people have lost their jobs and their livelihoods and many gift card holders have lost all their money. You were smart enough to sell your gift card on Cardyard and we have been corresponding with you to explain that this unfortunate event has led to a delay in your payment. We expect to have this resolved within the next 2 weeks.
Sent in a gift card for £100 pounds, was told multiple times (I.e. in letters, emails, and on the website) that I would be paid £81 but only received £76. I then sent them the email proving that I should have had an extra £5 and was ignored.

Avoid this site.
I am sorry to read that you felt to write this review Kane. Our customer services team has communicated with you and explained why there was a difference. Regards Lea.
Absolutely terrible. Offered a john lewis card to them, they forced me to send a picture of the pin on the back before I got a price. I then rang up telling them I didn't wish to continue with the sale, the man was actually rather kind on the phone and said it had been taken off the site. I then went to look at the card balance a few weeks later to find they had sold it and i had no money left on the card. when I called up to complain the man on the phone was cold and rude, despicable service and a total SCAM. Avoid at all cost.
We provide a service to buy and sell gift cards. You asked us to sell your gift card for you which we did and paid you the promised sum of money as cash. During the process you asked us to stop the sale, but the card had already been sold. 4 months later you come to us and complain that the sale hadn't been stopped. I can see a need to provide clearer and more timely information on when a sale can be halted and when not.
Please never sell the cards with this company, as it is cheating by telling that the card was invalid as the buyer reported that the card was invalid for a card that i send with a hidden pin. Now they are telling me to contact Next to check without have a giftcard or not knowing the hidden pin. This company is a total rip off.
We have responded to an earlier view and we have corresponded with you to resolve this issue.
Absolutely terrible, will never use again
We have responded to an earlier review and we are sorry that you feel so strongly to leave another review regarding this. We have corresponded with you to resolve this issue and have put procedures in place. We hope to see you back in the future.
Never use this again I was told I would receive £208 and I received £167 for my £200 vouchers of John Lewis, rip off really, I will never use this site again
Hi Jackie, thank you for leaving your review. We received 4x£50 John Lewis gift cards, which would give you a cash value of £167. From our understanding, you have been paid the correct amount, however please feel free to contact us to discuss this further.
Won’t answer calls when payment slow... customer service at zero....
Bought a card, never worked neither in store nor online, the card had £0 on it Reported it to them and got a refund issued within a week.

Wasted more time and money then what the card was going to save me.
Hi Kaizar,
Thankyou for taking time to leave us a review.
Unfortunately, although it happens very rarely, due to our company being a gift card exchange there is a risk that this may happen.
Unfortunately you reported the issue to us out of office hours but your refund was issued the next day however sometimes banks take longer to show the money in your account
We are so sorry that you had this experience with us and would welcome you back if you gave us a second chance
Katie
Sold an iTunes card. Was told they didn't need the physical copy, just to scratch off and enter the code. They confirmed they would accept and that iTunes cards didn't expire.

Checked my account a week later. They've declined the card, given no reason, didn't attempt to make contact to advise it was rejected or why.

I'm left with a scratched off iTunes voucher and I can't physically sell it as it's been scratched and I can guarantee the code hasn't been used.
Thanks for explaining your experience Deborah. We have reviewed the system and found in some instances like yours the 'returned' notification was not being sent. This has now been fixed.
We require photos of physical cards when codes have been submitted. We have corresponded a few times and are still hoping you can send photos of your cards so we can continue with the sale. That way you can see through the process, receive payment, and become a customer of Cardyard.
Kind regards
Mike
Impossible to navigate the site on your first visit to sell a card. Completely UNCLEAR instructions just when you think you have finally got it done after half an hour and have an email confirming...You wake up the next day and have an email rejecting the card because you ''didn't forward the original email'' Yet A) Nothing on the site telling you how to do that and B) Why should I forward an email with details of a third party to a company I do not know?? THAT is an infringement of THEIR privacy rights as well as mine
It is bad enough that I was losing 10% of the value of the card but fore the time WASTED on this site it's just NOT worth the effort.
The ''company'' needs to make thing CLEARER on their site
Dear Tom, I'm sorry to hear you found your experience on Cardyard frustrating, but were able to take the time to write a comprehensive review. We are always grateful for feedback so we can audit our processes and improve our service. We make it very clear when selling to us we need the original e-gift cards. I appreciate this information is embedded in the process - it appears on the final sell screen and in subsequent emails, but you would have preferred it was made much clearer at the start. We are very generous with our payments; you will not find anywhere else that pays 90% face value for a gift card. We require provenance of the gift card, and if you cannot provide that, then we understand our service is not for you.
Kind regards
I delivered my gift card several months ago and I still haven’t got my money for it, starting to think I never will. Do not recommend to anybody
Hi Nate, we are sorry your letter did not arrive. It is very unfortunate but you created a number of accounts on Cardyard and contacted us through each one. We tried to help you and responded to these, but you had an issue with Royal Mail. We sent you instructions on how to recover your letter but unfortunately you did not respond to these emails and messages. You should only have one account on Cardyard, and that way you are better assured to collect messages, be able to respond to them, and have a much better experience.
Cardyard is rated 4.76 based on 1,122 reviews