Cardyard Reviews

Live Chat, Email, Telephone
Read Cardyard Reviews

mike@cardyard.co.uk

6 Lyndhurst Road

Tell us how Cardyard made you happy
I often buy gift cards as gifts, but recently started using it as part of discounts towards my regular shopping. There are not a lot of sites in UK that offer gift cards on discounts, so was happy to find cardyard through Facebook. They sell unwanted gift cards they purchased at discount prices from those who sell gift cards to them. Brought couple of cards so far with no issues ranging from M&S, TK maxx, and Amazon at very good discounts, better than I have found elsewhere. They have such a good selection of different branded gift cards, and more gets added from time to time. I am surprised how easy it is to contact them if you need help on something as they have this contact button as soon as you long on, and fast email responses. I recommended this new site to few of my friends already for their holiday gift shopping. You have to be quick though, I thought I can wait till evening to buy this vue gift card one day only to find someone snatched that bargain up before I could hit buy ha ha, so I am almost on it everyday in case I missed something of interest. Hope this site continues to grow.
Many thanks for your very helpful and comprehensive review Rafia, and for your continued custom. We will be releasing an update soon which will allow you to request notification when a card becomes available. We'll let you know as soon as its live. Best wishes. Mike
I received my gift card via email promptly, and all worked fine. My concern with CardYard is that most of the gift cards are not digital gift cards and are therefore delivered by post. CardYard state that if they are lost in the post they bear no responsibility. If I purchased some clothes, or similar and they didn't arrive I would expect to be refunded. I think the responsibility should remain with the seller until goods have been received by the purchaser. Yes they do offer an insurance delivery option, but the cost is so high that it wipes out the discount on the gift card. It's a shame, because it's a good idea.
Posting gift cards just hasn't been a problem. Missing deliveries are more likely with electronic gift cards. For good reason we do not bear responsibility for posted cards, and Royal Mail have invested a lot in their network, making 'proof of postage' as good as 'proof of delivery'; at last. We are developing electronic delivery of physical cards but it will have security restrictions and come live mid year. Thanks for your feedback and thoughts Stuart, and for using Cardyard.
Regards, Mike
Very simple and easy to use, I got 17% discount on the real value of my present - which was a voucher for my son and his wife Xmas

The were very happy with the result and cardyard even emailed the PIN and voucher number ahead of the physical gift card arriving, so that the voucher could be used immediately online.
I'm very pleased Cardyard worked well for you Ken, and thank you so much for your review. I hope we can provide a service to you again one day.
Kind regards, Mike
I sold and bought a card with Cardyard. The whole process was quick and easy. I had a minor issue with the site accepting my delivery address, which was cleared up straight away. Communication via email was excellent and they seemed very friendly. Would use again.
Well done for using our exchange service which gives better prices and saves us transaction costs. Thanks for your review Martin and we look forward to welcoming you again on Cardyard.
Mike
The website was easy and very helpful to use. After I mistakenly chose credit over cash help was on hand in the form of Mike.Even though it was late evening he instantly messaged me and resolved my mistake. I intend to use cardyard again and highly recommend the site and the great team behind it.
I'm very glad we could give you a frictionless experience on Cardyard Julie. Hopefully you will be able to use the Cardyard credit process at some point to make an even smother and efficient gift card swap.
Kind regards
Mike
I am so glad to find this company! I swapped my vouchers for Burberry vouchers and the customer service was super efficient in answering queries and my vouchers were processed in a day and I received my new vouchers the following day. Really good company and will definitely use you again in the future.
Thanks again.
It was a pleasure dealing with you Farah and I'm glad you found the Cardyard service to be helpful. We look forward to working with you again. Best wishes. Mike
I recently bought Selfridges gift cards from card yard I wasn't to sure if I should do this but I though why not and I defiantly do not regret it, fast and speedy service. I got a great deal. Only thing I would say is I hope they can add in some sort of waiting list so you can be notified when the card you want becomes available i'm checking the site three times a day to see if they have anymore Selfridges vouches. The cards are as they specify and I will definitely be getting some more.
Thanks for telling us about your experience Rabiah and we are delighted you are pleased with your purchase from Cardyard. We are indeed working on a notification facility within Cardyard so you can request alerts when a card comes in. We'll let you know when its working. Best wishes. Mike
I delivered my gift card several months ago and I still haven’t got my money for it, starting to think I never will. Do not recommend to anybody
Hi Nate, we are sorry your letter did not arrive. It is very unfortunate but you created a number of accounts on Cardyard and contacted us through each one. We tried to help you and responded to these, but you had an issue with Royal Mail. We sent you instructions on how to recover your letter but unfortunately you did not respond to these emails and messages. You should only have one account on Cardyard, and that way you are better assured to collect messages, be able to respond to them, and have a much better experience.
Regards, Mike
While this is definitely a great concept for a company, I think Cardyard never realised that other companies actually exist which do the same thing and where these companies have improved their service over the years, Cardyard has actually done the exact opposite or stagnated and service has severely declined as a result.

Originally, cardyard giftcard sales paid out within 5-7 days but now it takes over 2 weeks to receive your money which actually defeats the whole purpose of the service itself (we're here for quick sales on gift cards not 2 weeks - month long waits). ZEEK, on the other hand, have managed to reduce their payout times from their original 2 weeks timeframes to just 5 days. ZEEK are now the go-to guys for selling unwanted gift cards!!
We have greatly improved our service over the last three years. Cardyard's average payout time has always been the quickest of any UK gift card exchange. However, we have to allow ourselves extra time to deal with fraudsters and 'double sellers'. We tried to help you and offered a process that worked for us both but you got frustrated and left this wholly inaccurate and misleading review. Cardyard is a great place to buy and sell gift cards, and if you could understand that, you would have a superb experience with us. Regards, Mike
Took too long to sort out getting the money I was owed.
We can understand your frustration. It is very unusual for us to have the issue we had with you. We've changed the way we process cards to account for any such issues in future. Should a similar problem befall us again, we will be in a much better position to respond.
Gave it a go, bought a John Lewis eGift card for immediate use. Did not receive within 15 minutes, so cancelled. I know the FAQs state that it can be end of next working day, but in my view this is simply poor service. You have the codes on database (I presume), and you can verify payment received immediately (I presume), therefore it is simply a poor technical implementation that adds the delay. I'm sure you're service isn't that busy that it takes your system 15-minutes to perform a view database queries and send an e-mail. Have a word with your developers, I won't bother using you again.
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding the service delivered by Cardyard. Our aim for the turnaround from purchase to delivery of eGift cards is to keep the time in between to a minimum, which indeed depends on many factors. We are delighted you were able to use our cancellation feature to achieve your desired result. Everybody can shop on Cardyard with confidence knowing they can cancel their purchase before dispatch should they change their mind. We look forward to seeing you back on Cardyard, though as a first time buyer security checks do take a little longer. Regards, Lea
Sold an M&S voucher worth £250. Posted to them on Tuesday, money paid on the Wednesday! Great service. Less hassle than eBay, with no fees to worry about
You made it easy for us - thanks Daniel, and thanks for the review. I hope you use Cardyard again.
Best wishes
Mike
Voucher worked fine and helps save a few pennies for Christmas :)
Thanks for your review Joe, and have a Merry Christmas!
Mike
Obviously, I'd like the margins to be less, but hey they are not a charity, but a business, and a good business at that. I was impressed at the speed of response to my queries and the speed of processing. These guys are definitely filling a gap in the market and I hope they succeed!
Thanks for your review of Cardyard Tim, and for your well wishing. I hope we see you on Cardyard again soon.
Kind regards
Mike
I paid £90 for a £100 pound selfridges gift card. Selfridges rarely have discounts so it felt great to get ten pound off! Also it only took a weekend for it to arrive.
Thanks for your Cardyard review Megan. I'm very glad you are pleased with our service and were able to make a great saving with a discount Selfridges gift card. Best wishes Mike
Tried twice to purchase 3 gift cards! Totalling £850. With the intention of purchasing another £850 worth!
My bank had no problems with authorising the payments, Halifax sent me a text with a code to authorise payment no issues there! They were a gift to friends, so decided to use their email address for e vouchers to go to them directly as i barely use my email and not completely computer savvy. I do not even own a smartphone, social media or whatsapp. They wanted photo I.D, i am at work, managed to get a friend of mine to whatsapp on their phone to others to be able to email them across for me. AVOID THIS COMPANY! Never have I or any friends had any issue like it when trying to purchase online. AVOID AVOID AVOID
I know how frustrating it can be getting thwarted trying to do something. Anti fraud is our top priority and unfortunately innocents get caught in the crossfire. We cancelled your payments, we took no money from you card, but I know how hard you were trying to make it work but we couldn't fulfil your order. Kind regards, Mike
You guys take a long time to send the money back to the consumers.
Hi Jalil, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Payment terms are as per our terms and conditions depending on the card that has been sold. Thank you for using Cardyard.
Please never sell the cards with this company, as it is cheating by telling that the card was invalid as the buyer reported that the card was invalid for a card that i send with a hidden pin. Now they are telling me to contact Next to check without have a giftcard or not knowing the hidden pin. This company is a total rip off.
We have responded to an earlier view and we have corresponded with you to resolve this issue.
Won’t answer calls when payment slow... customer service at zero....
I think card yard is great. They have a wide range of gift cards you can sell and buy. I love making a bit of money using them. I think it takes a long time to get your money once sold. I think that once you have sold a certain amount of gift cards you should get your money a bit faster as you are trusted. Anyway great idea and we'll run business.
Thank you for taking the time to write this review Connor. I am pleased to read that overall you are positive of the service you have received from Cardyard. We are currently reviewing our payment process how to improve earlier release where possible. Lea
Cardyard is rated 4.76 based on 1,072 reviews