Ashwood Nurseries Reviews

4.9
Based on 5,446 reviews
Read Ashwood Nurseries Reviews

About Ashwood Nurseries:

We are a traditional plant nursery and garden centre. Plants are our passion and we offer one of the finest selections in the UK, including our speciality plants: hellebores, hepaticas, cyclamen, Primula auricula, salvias, hydrangeas, conifers and snowdrops. Our record of 53 RHS Gold Medals is a testament to our impeccable standards and traditional values. We pride ourselves on our fast delivery service, attention to detail and friendly personal service.

01384 401996

Jack O
Ashwood Nurseries 5 star review on 3rd June 2022
Ashwood Nurseries 5 star review on 31st May 2022
Sharon F
Ordered gift vouchers for an engagement present online. Very efficient service - posted out next day. 😀
Rose dispatched quickly but arrived in damaged box, squashed on one side and with a hole in it - obviously mis-handled by the courier company. When I expressed my concern the delivery man said "It'll be ok; they always are" and then proceeded to roughly open the box. I had to tell him to be more careful in case he damaged the plant. Fortunately, the rose seems to be ok. I suppose time will tell if it has been crushed in any way. Barbara Clarkson, #44, BB3 1BY
All plants supplied from ashwood have been healthy and a good size. Prices are fair, and although postage is pricey, it is efficient and speedy. This is by far the best mail order nursery I have used.
Prompt efficient service, plant was of good quality and received in excellent condition having been carefully packaged, delivered promptly after ordering online. CG.
As perfect plant Good delivery thanks. Terry
I was able to order a plant that I could not find anywhere else. The price was reasonable and the plant itself is very good. The only reason I gave 4 rather than 5 stars is that I thought the delivery charge was a bit high. The plant came sooner than I'd expected and was well packed. Overall, I am very pleased.
Was notified when preferred plants were ready. Easy to order and speedy delivery. Unfortunately about a dozen flower stems were broken in transit although they were placed carefully at my doorstep but there are plenty more flowering stems so already making a good show in slightly warmer weather
Good nursery and website easy to use and order from. My order for a Viburnum maresii Great Star was shipped on a Friday and I did not receive it until the following Monday by courier APC overnight. The plant on the website was noted as being in a 7.5 ltr pot but the plant I received was in a 4.5 ltr pot, the website should be updated. The plant I received was in good condition with lots of flower buds which was unexpected. Overall very happy with the actual plant, but the details on the website should be changed and perhaps plants should not be shipped on a Friday and left at the courier hub over a weekend.
Delivery fast: I had ordered plant on a Sunday and it arrived on a Tuesday afternoon. It was very well packed and in very good condition. I emailed for pot dimensions and got a response within 2 days.
Pleased with my auriculas. They came promptly and safely here and looking forward to the blooms.
Very please with the service. Thank you
The plants arrived quickly in very good condition. The order was place on 15 Feb and arrived on the 17th. They are all beautiful. i think that the website might be improved slightly by stating below the picture of a particular hellibore that it is not available online rather than only finding out once it has been clicked onto for more details but this might just be a personal preference.
Order arrived promptly, was well packed and the plant was in a healthy and excellent condition.
Very prompt supply and excellent quality
Plants all in excellent condition and would recommend. The packer was however a wee bit zealous and it took some time to remove sticky tape from the plant itself without damaging. Mind you would prefer that to damaged good so great overall.
I've gone back to Ashwood Nurseries time and time again because they have such a diverse, rare and exciting range of plants that can not be found elsewhere, delivery comes promptly and packaged superbly well so that nothing is damaged, the price and size of plants is also amazing. If I had one small quibble is that plants are often a little root bound, but I guess this can't be helped with the amount of plants that are on offer. I 100% will buy from them again, in fact I can't wait to one day visit in person to meet the staff and see the gardens.
I was very pleased with the plants but there was a delay in delivery caused by the Couriers being, allegedly, short-staffed. I had to ring the nursery to see what was happening and the member of staff I spoke to was extremely helpful, getting in touch with the Courier immediately to establish when they were to deliver which, as it happened, was that day. The delivery took place that evening, almost exactly 7 days after I placed the order.
Plant is very good. Pity about the cost of postage.
Notification of when delivery might be would be useful otherwise everything arrived in good condition.
All the plants were very carefully packaged and arrived in great condition. Some are already in flower but waiting until they all start to bloom before awarding 5 stars. Myretoun Ruby heathers are currently in very short supply and I am looking forward to seeing their lovely deep heliotrope flowers after some disappointment in recent years with previous heather nursery closing down. Hopefully will be able to order more of this variety again next year from Ashwood Nurseries and replenish diminished stocks.
Ashwood Nurseries is rated 4.9 based on 5,446 reviews