Ashwood Nurseries Reviews

4.9
Based on 5,433 reviews
Read Ashwood Nurseries Reviews

About Ashwood Nurseries:

We are a traditional plant nursery and garden centre. Plants are our passion and we offer one of the finest selections in the UK, including our speciality plants: hellebores, hepaticas, cyclamen, Primula auricula, salvias, hydrangeas, conifers and snowdrops. Our record of 53 RHS Gold Medals is a testament to our impeccable standards and traditional values. We pride ourselves on our fast delivery service, attention to detail and friendly personal service.

01384 401996

Ashwood Nurseries 5 star review on 31st May 2022
Sharon F
Ashwood Nurseries 5 star review on 20th May 2022
Linda A
Large, healthy Deutzia Magicien arrived very well packaged and in good time. Couldn’t be more delighted with the service and quality from Ashwood.
Posted 1 hour ago
Fantastic service: my 19 dwarf conifers arrived in Scotland 24 hours after placing the order. Every plant was beautifully healthy and well packaged.
I was very pleased with the entire transaction. The plants were delivered quickly and in good order. I was very pleased with the plants. Altogether a most satisfactory experience and I will have no hesitation in ordering plants from Ashwood Nurseries again. Thank You
I have used Ashwood Nurseries for many years for hellebores with no complaints, and excellent plants. I recently ordered a hydrangea and a buddleia. Within a few hours of my order I received a 'phone call saying that, once the nursery staff had checked the hydrangeas in stock there were only two and they were not of a quality that Ashwood considered suitable to send. An alternative was offered, but I was hesitant as the plant I had ordered was different in several respects. The Customer Services lady who had 'phoned me offered to put me through to the nursery. I then had a conversation with a really helpful and knowledgeable nureseryman. The upshot was that I asked them to send me one of the so-called sub-standard hydrangeas after it had been pruned on the basis that this was the variety I wanted (not commonly available and grown by Ashwood themselves) The very next morning both plants arrived- well packaged,good sized specimens in excellent condition, despite the heat wave. I also received some useful advice on hydrangea care and pruning from the nurseryman I spoke too. All in all EXCELLENT service. I can highly recommend this nursery and their plants.
After a recent visit to the garden centre, following a gap of several years and also a tour of "John's Garden " our party were completely enthralled by everything. The excellent variety of plants, including many unusual varieties, in tip top condition, the friendly and knowledgable staff and the very reasonable prices of the plants on sale. Later I bought another plant by mail order which arrived very quickly and well packaged. Delighted with everything. Well worth the journey from Gloucester and we will not leave it so long before ths next visit.
I ordered two grasses from Ashwood. They arrived less than 24 hours after I ordered them, were brilliantly packed and hadn’t been cut back so we’re in there full glory when planted (unlike many nurseries who trim the down to make sending them easier).
Beautiful healthy plants; Packed with great care. I would certainly use again.
Excellent service from Ashwood Nurseries. They offer a unique combination of modern and traditional qualities that I had never quite experienced with any other nursery I have used before. High-quality, traditional personal service with a modern mail order service, delivered via their partner carrier APC overnight. Before placing my order I was encouraged to discuss my requirements with their plantsman over the phone who personally prepared the delivery which I then received the next morning, beautifully packaged, in perfect condition, all exactly as promised. Truly impressive. Thank you.
As usual first class service. Plant arrived in good time and in excellent condition.
Excellent all round.
I recently ordered a specimen tree from Ashwood Nurseries and would now recommend their services to any of my friends. The tree was very well packaged, delivered to my porch as requested and arrived so quickly. Thank you for your excellent customer service.
The whole procedure seemed efficient. The buddleia plant arrived quickly and was in an excellent condition. I was impressed with the packaging - the soil was wrapped so it had stayed beautifully moist. I'm not quite so happy about the delivery itself, although APC was good about keeping me informed as to what was happening. I specifically kept inside the house all morning, for much of the time in a room near the front door, but I did not hear the deliverer at the door. I opened the front door around 11 a.m. and found the package on my doorstep.
Plants delivered in a very quick time
Fast delivery, good value and healthy plant.
The plant was a very good specimen and well packaged. The processing of the order and delivery were exceptionally speedy. Many thanks.
My Daphne arrived in perfect condition. Excellent packaging and a lovely, healthy plant.
Brilliant service as always. Packaging couldnt be better. Plants fantastic. What more can I say .
Lovely and very healthy Hellebore plug plants. Great packaging and delivery. Look forward to seeing them flower. Many thanks
Lovely and healthy plants.
Prompt service and excellent quality of plants
Ashwood Nurseries is rated 4.9 based on 5,433 reviews