Ashwood Nurseries Reviews

of reviewers recommend Ashwood Nurseries
Read Ashwood Nurseries Reviews

About Ashwood Nurseries:

We are a traditional plant nursery and garden centre. Plants are our passion and we offer one of the finest selections in the UK, including our speciality plants: hellebores, hepaticas, cyclamen, Primula auricula, salvias, hydrangeas, conifers and snowdrops. Our record of 53 RHS Gold Medals is a testament to our impeccable standards and traditional values. We pride ourselves on our fast delivery service, attention to detail and friendly personal service.

01384 401996

info@ashwoodnurseries.com

Ashwood Nurseries, Ashwood Lower Lane

The shrubs I received after ordering online were very small. poor quality and bad value for money - especially with a £7.95 delivery charge.
Given the reviews I was disappointed with my purchases. The packaging was not very robust and I felt the plants were small, not that healthy looking nor that established for the price; the hydrangea particularly had a small root ball that did not fill the pot. I repotted and hopefully will take off eventually. Not as good as other online suppliers I have used. Sorry Ashwood these looked like the end of the line plants and won’t be using your online service again.
really sorry.... but our plants all arrived dry. Our gardener planted them one day after they arrived and said they were poor quality and will likely not survive. £36 for 6 dry plants..bit sad about that really!
I recently ordered four plants. I am pleased with three of them but the fourth - a philadelpus - has spots on about a third of the leaves. I pointed this out and was advised that this was unlikely to be a problem longer term and that I could spray with a copper-based fungicide if I wished (at my expense). While the individual I spoke to was helpful, I don't think I should have been sent a diseased plant.
The delivery on the product was fast but unfortunately when I received the two items, both were completely dried out and I’ve not been able to plant them
Disappointed. Plants arrived flattened and in poor shape.
I ordered a yellow hellebore in a 2 litre pot. Well wrapped and packaged. A bit of target spot on the leaves but I hope it will grow away strongly once planted in the ground.
The plant we have received is NOT repeat NOT what we ordered. We have several Hydrangeas that are either White or Pink and we specifically wanted a BLUE Hydrangea. We chose the Teller Blue because of its deep blue colour. The Hydrangea we have received from ASHWOOD is not Blue but pink. I respectfully request a replacement of the correct colour. You can collect the dud one at the same time. Alternately please credit the full amount including delivery charges and VAT.
The plants arrived safely and packed well,but the plants were not as established as we expected . We expected better quality from Ashwood nurseries,and these plants were not as represented on your website.
Only half the delivery arrived. Chased the rest and still waiting to hear when it will arrive.
Although packed reasonably well the outer packaging gave no indication which way up the parcel should be kept. As a result the plants inside looked as if they had been in a washing machine and the flowers on one had been knocked off. The carriers must be more careful with your deliveries.
Not a lot. I bought a plant and ordered two of them. They contacted me and said they only had one. I agreed that they could select another to make up the order The one they sent was not very nice but my fault for not being clearer.
I've been in touch with Rachel at Ashwood Nurseries regarding a blue lacecap Hydrangea I purchased recently. I explained I was dissppointed with the leggy woody plant I received, which was in flower, and that I was expecting the plant to be smaller and bushier I was advised there were seasonal growing problems at the nursery and to prune the plant this month for a bushier growth and flowers next year. Unfortunately, I reserve judgement for the he time being!
Purchased three miniature rhododendrons which were delivered extremely quickly and were professionally packaged. Two of the plants were in beautiful condition but approximately 65% of the third plant's leaves were heavily covered with brown spots. After submitting two photographs, and then sending a a reminder, I was in writing promised a Paypal credit for the sick plant. Four days on I still await such. Such will eventually be resolved via the Paypal dispute system but it's becoming tiresome.
I ordered some Hellebore Seeds which I expected to be delivered FRESH in June/July. However you sent me last years seeds which I did not want. I have spoken to a lady who who said sorry we will send you the fresh seed in due course. Hoping they do arrive in due course then no problem. Sue Taylor
My first impression of Ashwood is that they are all about self promotion and not about helping the customer. I paid £1.95 "shipping and handling" for 3 teeny tiny seed packets that would have fitted in a normal envelope with a 1st class stamp on it. As well as the 3 packets (containing just a few seeds each and not in a foil wrap) were 3 bits of bumph 2 of which proclaimed the joys of Ashwood Nurseries (which I'm sure is quite nice but as I'm buying by mail order I'm unlikely to visit it). So essentially my postage paid for Ashwood to advertise themselves (all of which I could see on their website anyway. My main gripe is that there were absolutely no instructions included with the seeds so Ashwood don't seem to care whether their seeds grow or not. I looked on the internet and apparently hellebores can be quite tricky to germinate and grow so you would think even more reason to include instructions to ensure that their customers have success.
The 3 plants sent to my Mum seem to be very young and small and not at all good value for money. There is no way that they will flower this year. I am very disappointed. My gift to her seems "cheap" .
Sadly when the Cyclamen arrived they were all out of their pots. Previous plants I have ordered from elsewhere have a twisted piece of newspaper round the plant sellotaped to the pot to anchor in place. I have repotted them & will be in touch if they do not start to grow. Postage is expensive and it is disappointing if plants don't arrive in good condition. Christine Watson
I recently purchased five Hepaticas and was contacted by telephone to tell me that one of them was of very poor quality and may not survive. I agreed to accept the order and to await the arrival of a satisfactory specimen of "Benten" but have received no further contact. The payment for the whole order (£125.45) has been paid and I hope to hear of progress very soon or repayment of £35 Helen Cross
Ashwood Nurseries is rated 4.90 based on 4,753 reviews