AMC Removals Reviews

Read AMC Removals Reviews

mail@amcremovals.co.uk

Unit 2, Glenfield Industrial Estate, Perth Road, Cowdenbeath

Tell us how AMC Removals made you happy
Communication was great beforehand but that’s the only good thing about them. They told me a time they would be there and didn’t turn up - when I phoned to check where they were and they were they said there had been a misunderstanding on my part and said they would come ASAP and arrived an hour later. They also damaged some of our furniture which they didn’t tell us about and only compensated with £12 when we complained and gave us half price off a future move...
Hi Carly, thank you for taking the time to raise your concerns. You are absolutely correct. Our office team gave the wrong time of arrival and we were very sorry this happened hence 50% of your next removal and you friends or family can also use this discount. The lorry arrived one hour later than you were told. Your bed had been damaged by our crew when they tried to remove a dowel that had been glued in. There was damage to your dowel. You very kindly offered to fill the dent yourself and paint the small repair and you asked us to refund the cost of £12 for the paint and filler. From your initial notification of the damage to being refunded the £12 requested was less than 48 hours. I am sorry you had damage to your bed, but our customer service team immediately responded and resolved your complaint within forty eight hours to your satisfaction. The entire team were sorry about the damage to your bed and wish you the very best in your new home.
The men couldn't get a sofa out of the hall way.Which later I got some one else to do it.They broke a hall light cover.they damaged my HD1 television.The damages they rendered cost more than what I paid for the job.
Martin
Hi Martin, I'm so sorry you were not happy with the service received. Fortunately you have full and comprehensive insurance cover for your tv and light. All the very best from us all at AMC Removals.
I completed an online estimate and was quoted £281 for my move. A few days later a nice gentleman came out to my property to provide a more comprehensive quote. When this quote arrived, I was surpised to see that it was 110% greater than the original quote. I spoke to the company who explained they only had a larger van available and that was why the quote had increased by so much. They then proposed an alternative solution that would see the cost revert back to their original quote. I was happy with this and over the following couple of days I exchanged emails over the times and dates. I also asked for a couple of additional items to be added to the invoice, with the full intention of paying the deposit once we had an agreed set terms and costs.

During this exchange of emails, I was informed by the company that they no longer had availability on that day. Apparently another customer had “moved faster”.

I cannot fathom why I should be expected to pay a deposit without a) knowing the final price I would be required to pay and b) have in place an agreed a set of times and dates to facilitate moving house, which by the way is a significant and stressful process at the best of times. It’s abundantly clear that the company prioritises £40 deposits over customer satisfaction.

I called the company a few days ago to express my concerns and was told that the company offered a first-come-first-served policy. Although from my experience it appears it is a first-to-pay-£40-first-served policy. I also followed this phone call up with an email to which I’ve had no reply.

I read the reviews and most seem positive. But based on my experiences I would strongly suggest looking at another remover. Sad really because it seems like a decent enough company.
Hi Martin, many thanks for your review and the opportunity to address your concerns. You received an on-line quote on 30-04-18 for £281.03, but did not accept this.

You then requested a free survey, the first date you were available for was on 09-05-18. Another on-line quote was e-mailed for on-line acceptance one hour after our surveyor had left. This was more expensive as your original date, (29-06-18), was now fully booked by other clients wishing to move. You did not accept this quote either.

As a gesture of goodwill, we offered to collect your furniture on the
28-06-18, store overnight in our warehouse free of charge, and then deliver to your new home late pm on the 29-06-18...all for the original quote of £281.03, a bargain! You did not accept this quote either and further delayed.

Our quotes are fixed price, do not change...ever, and e-mailed as an attachment. Because you delayed accepting our quote, you also lost out to other clients booking for the 28-06-18. We then offered to collect on the 27-06-18, store free of charge for three nights and deliver the 30-06-18, all for the original fixed cost of £281.03 as another gesture of goodwill. You also declined this offer.

Most companies will only book clients after receiving a deposit. We tried extremely hard with me personally e-mailing you at 7.53 pm asking you to accept the quote so that you did not miss out on the available dates. I don't know what else we could have done. Everything that could have been done was done, but you kept delaying. Please, if you wish to book a date, please accept the quote on-line and pay a deposit. I think it is only fair to ask for a £40 deposit. You then could cancel or postpone if necessary.

Thanks again for the opportunity to address your concerns, I'm sorry you did not move with us and experience our great five star rated service. I do wish you all the best in your new home.
AMC Removals is rated 4.89 based on 365 reviews