AMC Removals Reviews

97% of reviewers recommend AMC Removals

How would you rate AMC Removals ?

Gary Burns
Verified Buyer
"The removal staff were first class, professional, organised, friendly and helpful. No hesitation in recommending AMC."
"I completed an online estimate and was quoted £281 for my move. A few days later a nice gentleman came out to my property to provide a more comprehensive quote. When this quote arrived, I was surpised to see that it was 110% greater than the original quote. I spoke to the company who explained they only had a larger van available and that was why the quote had increased by so much. They then proposed an alternative solution that would see the cost revert back to their original quote. I was happy with this and over the following couple of days I exchanged emails over the times and dates. I also asked for a couple of additional items to be added to the invoice, with the full intention of paying the deposit once we had an agreed set terms and costs. During this exchange of emails, I was informed by the company that they no longer had availability on that day. Apparently another customer had “moved faster”. I cannot fathom why I should be expected to pay a deposit without a) knowing the final price I would be required to pay and b) have in place an agreed a set of times and dates to facilitate moving house, which by the way is a significant and stressful process at the best of times. It’s abundantly clear that the company prioritises £40 deposits over customer satisfaction. I called the company a few days ago to express my concerns and was told that the company offered a first-come-first-served policy. Although from my experience it appears it is a first-to-pay-£40-first-served policy. I also followed this phone call up with an email to which I’ve had no reply. I read the reviews and most seem positive. But based on my experiences I would strongly suggest looking at another remover. Sad really because it seems like a decent enough company."
Mrs Aileen Padzinski
Verified Buyer
"they were very pleasant ,correct well mannered . They all presented your company well I could not find any fault in there work. I am very impressed they all worked well as individuals and as a good team. I would definitely recommend your company to anyone with the service given to us!"
Sheree Sinclair
Verified Buyer
"Turned up on time, very efficient, helpful and hard working. The staff on duty both days (Wed & Fri) were so friendly and nothing was a bother to them. Would definitely use A.M.C Removals again or recommend to others. Very reasonable price for the service provided. Thank you"
Anthony Skordis
Verified Buyer
"Good service. Friendly guys and were very patient considering things were being held up by the solicitors side of things."
"The guys helped us in more ways than we expected"
Margaret Drummond
Verified Buyer
"The team were very good indeed but our furniture wasn't looked after as it should have been while in storage!"
Heather Polland
Verified Buyer
"The team who helped me move were great. I was doing it on my own and it was a lot to deal with but they were as helpful as I could hope for, including taking my huge sofa bed, which I wasn't capable of fully dismantling, down four flights without complaint."
Kim McAree
Verified Buyer
"excellent service , very efficient and good value for money. All of the staff team were very helpful"
"A very efficent and friendly team who worked very quickly when removing all our furniture and boxes from the old property and relocating them in our new house. The team, lead by Adam were very helpful. They reassembled furniture and located items in the rooms we requested. A first class team. The lads who brought the furniture from storage were also efficent and helpful. When we were busy organising the location of furniture etc, in the new house we received a phone call asking for immediate payment of money to cover waiting time. As we were very busy we thought the demand for payment could have waited until the next day."
Mr & Mrs McBain
Verified Buyer
"Our move was done with great skill and cheerfulness with no problems whatsoever even when we had to delay our entry to our new house . Highly recommended ."
Michelle Hart
Verified Buyer
"Excellent service from the removal men - arrived on time, packed everything up quickly, nothing was too much trouble. When we got to our new house they were just around the corner ready to unload as soon as we'd gained access and once again all done very efficiently. Would definitely recommend AMC to anyone looking for a great removal company."
Kirsty Walker
Verified Buyer
"Great, friendly service from the AMC team. Positive experience from start to finish: Catherine was really helpful in arranging our survey and sorting the paperwork, the surveyor offered good packing advice and the team on the day were efficient, professional and cheerful. All our stuff was moved safely, securely and in very good time. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend AMC."
"Totally professional, bent over backwards to accommodate our ever changing moving date, friendly manner on phone and during removal, would highly recommend everyone in the team."
Thank you for the great five star review and for offering to recommend AMC Removals. All the best in your new home.
"Moved 4 bed house contents from Kent to Fife in the worst part of the worst winter we have had for years. Angus and Adam who crewed the truck could not have been more helpful. Worked liked Trojans to ensure that the journey to Scotland was achieved in the available "window" while we following on a day later were held up for two nights by blocked roads. Furniture was then stored for a week due to weather delaying entry to new house and 2 part deliveries also with very helpful crews were made exactly as we needed. The initial and ongoing contacts with all office staff also could not be more helpful and we were accommodated in all variations required in the house sale and purchase process (including one chain failure!) If we ever think about moving again, AMC will be first call!"
Hi Roy, your move was a challenge for Angus and Adam because of the severe weather. I'm delighted you have praised Angus and Adam as they done an excellent job. Thank you so much for the great five star review and for considering using AMC Removals should you move again. All the best in your new home.
Alana Liddy
Verified Buyer
"Friendly and very helpful from start to finish great service would highly recommend"
Hi Alana, I'm so pleased you will recommend AMC Removals and found our teams to be helpful and friendly. All the very best in your new home.
"5 start service again from AMC! Used them twice now and are always prompt, efficient and friendly"
Thank you for using AMC Removals again. It's great so see how much confidence our clients have in AMC Removals. All the best in your new home.
Eddie Balnaves
Verified Buyer
"AMC Removals were first class from the initial phone call to request information right through to moving day. Our original moving date was delayed due to roads being closed due to heavy snow. Once the all clear was given the AMC Team showed up on time and emptied our belongings from our home quickly and without any issues. On arrival at our new home the AMC Team were already there waiting. When we received our keys to our new home the AMC Team unloaded their truck and placed our belongings into the rooms of our choice. We were so happy to have booked our moving day with AMC Removals, as they were professional and friendly throughout, nothing was too much trouble. Thank you AMC Removals !"
Hi Eddie, I'm so happy you have given us a great five star review and found our crews to be professional and friendly. The snow was a challenge, but all great in the end! Best wishes from all at AMC Removals.
Gordon Currie
Verified Buyer
"From my initial enquiry through to the team driving away with the empty lorry, the whole team at AMC couldn’t have been more helpful. The personal service was second to none and took away a lot of the stresses associated with moving. Can’t praise the team highly enough and would certainly recommend. Thanks guys."
Hi Gordon, thank yo for taking the time to give our crews a great review and for recommending AMC Removals. All the best in your new home.
James Mathieson
Verified Buyer
"I can't recommend AMC removals enough, 10/10 from start to finish. We've used them twice now, with this last one going over to Ireland. We've done 14 moves whilst in the armed forces and I think we've used most of the bigger companies but each move resulted in either breakages or missing boxes. AMC outshine their competitors in every aspect. Not only were they cheaper than the big companies we got quotes from but their whole attitude was night and day in comparison. Their staff were in uniform and you can see that they all take pride in their work. The guys were polite, friendly and very professional. I was able to just to sit back and let someone else do the all work for a change! All my furniture arrived safely.....even the hot tub :) Thanks again for a stress free move!"
Hi James. Thank you so much for the great five star review and for using AMC Removals again. I'm delighted you found our crews to be polite, friendly and professional. All the best in your new home.
AMC Removals is rated 4.87 based on 105 reviews