AMC Removals Reviews

Mr & Mrs Harris
More Photos & Videos
AMC Removals 5 star review on 31st January 2018
More Photos & Videos
Very good manager/owner. Was a little disappointed in the service from team members on the day, especially when going through such a stressful procedure.

Also, we had a number of costly damages, with sofa cushions being ripped off instead of unzipped and cupboard doors being unexpectedly and hastily removed, but I guess this is to be expected in a big house move.

Wish I had have known to remove these things myself in advance.
Every thing went well anb as far as I can tell just now no breakages but still not all unpacked but thank you boys were polite and helpfull Amcg
Excellent friendly service and nothing was too much trouble. Thank you
Hi Sandra, thank you for describing the service as excellent and friendly. All the very best from us all at AMC Removals.
The removal men turned up very promptly and called to let me know they were coming. Throughout the day they were helpful, polite, patient and went beyond themselves to help us. Those guys I couldn't fault.

The one disappointment was being told by the office at 4.50pm (for the first time that day) that if we didn't have our keys by 5pm then the lorry would be returning to the yard and our stuff would go into storage. I had informed the office at 8.45am that day that we wouldn't be getting keys until after 3pm and re-iterated that later in the day to them as well. I felt that this message could have made to me clearly first thing in the morning as it created blind panic when it was delivered.

Despite that, the move could not have happened without AMC.

Many thanks.
Many thanks for reviewing the service received. We too were very worried about whether the keys would actually turn up. Keys arrived around 5.15 pm, so relief all round. Your furniture was all delivered that night ! A great effort by our hardworking crews! We all wish you the very best in your new home.
Very professional and friendly staff from start to finish. I would have scored 5 out of 5 but I had to pay extra on the moving day due to the length of time the staff had to move my stuff. I would definitely recommend AMC removals to other people.
Hi Jim, many thanks for offering to recommend AMC Removals. All the very best in your new home from us all at AMC Removals.
I was very impressed with the crew that executed the removal. They were very professional and exhibited a great work ethic. The overall process was satisfactory with only one glitch that led to a petty surcharge, but it was enough to make me think twice about using AMC again.
Hi Robert, thank you for describing our crews as professional. Please get in touch as I would like to learn a little more about the surcharge. Please e-mail mail@amcremovals.co.uk All the very best in your new home from us all at AMC Removals.
AMC were very professional and on the ball at all times. The surveyor was very thorough on assessing the amount of items/boxes we needed for the move. The removal team arrived on time and had our 3 bedroom house and garage emptied and loaded in two hours. However, it wasn’t all plain sailing. Moving house is a very stressful time. After paying nearly £600, which I may add, had to be paid two weeks beforehand,we were then informed a few days before the move that if the crew have to wait longer than half an hour to unload the lorry, should there be a delay with the keys, there is an additional charge of £66 per hour. Fortunately we didn’t have a delay. But it was touch and go. Stress we could have done without.
Hi Angela, many thanks for your feedback in reference to the waiting time charge, I've passed this to our Director for consideration. I'm delighted everything else went to plan with no issues. The whole team wish you the very best in your new home.
The guys arrived promptly , were friendly and worked tirelessly. My only trouble was the sofa didn't fit through the door without removing it. They didn't have a screwdriver to remove the door unfortunately.
Hi Nicola, I really appreciate your feedback reference the screwdriver and have forwarded this to our Operations Manager to avoid this happening again. Otherwise, I'm delighted everything else went well. All the very best in your new home.
2 guys worked hard in moving me.. there was a mix up with the time they were meant to arrive... got everything safe to my new pad including my cat lol thanks guys
Hi Fiona, thank you very much for your review. Glad the cat is safe! All the very best in your new home.
Everything went to plan - first time I used a professional packing arrangements and this worked really well. The move itself, as with such events, was not without some glitches but these was not the fault of the company - simply legal aspects led to a minor delay. However in the company everybody was very helpful and this eased the general stress levels.
Thank you so much for your review. I'm delighted you found our crew to be helpful and that we helped reduce the stress on moving day. All the very best in your new home.
Everything was delivered safely and securely. The team were polite, quick, helpful and took care not to get wet/mucky feet on the floor. The job was properly specced, with three vans and five guys. So, they got the most important things right.

I had a few minor grumbles though.

The online portal didn't work for me. I'd have preferred a more straightforward contract/job confirmation. For example, despite asking for Ts&Cs in advance, we were told the day before the move about a condition relating to waiting time. I suppose we could have expected that, but I did ask if there was anything we needed to know and was not provided any information apart from the original job spec.

Although the office staff were also friendly and helpful, things seemed a bit disjointed. We had to confirm a change to our plans multiple times before the change was accepted. Similarly, we were told the guys would arrive at 9.30, but they arrived a good bit earlier than that, catching us a bit off guard.
Hi Stewart, many thanks for taking the time to leave a review. I immediately passed your concerns to customer service. We can see the lorry arrived at 8.44 am which was earlier than the 9-10 am slot confirmed the day before. We are really sorry for this. We are also sorry that you did not like the on-line acceptance portal, there is the alternative available to sign and return a printed acceptance, but we'll make sure in future all our clients are aware of alternative means of accepting their quote. Thank you again for your constructive feedback. We'll make sure our service is improved taking into account your concerns. I'm delighted you were otherwise happy with the service and wish you all the best in your new home.
Guys done a very good job quick and efficient, no mess either
Hi Gary, thank you very much for taking the time to review our service. All the best in your new home.
From first contact with AMC to moving in to our new house, everything ran like clockwork. We realised 2 days before the move that we needed more temporary wardrobes: this was organised immediately for a small fee. The 3 guys worked so quickly, they had the house cleared in no time. Make sure you tell them if you want something left behind or it will be on the van in a flash! I had to run out to get my hoover back out of the van so I could vacuum the carpets before we left. They were very polite and cheerful, nothing seemed to derail them, even when we had trouble getting a rather large treadmill out of a room. Would definitely recommend AMC. .
Hi Gary, thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience when moving with us. Thank you also for offering to recommend AMC Removals. All the very best in your new home.
Great service. Peter and Gordon worked hard and consistently to move us efficiently and safely
Very happy with results
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the service received. We wish you all the best in your new home.
Professional furniture removal van which is clean with blankets to protect items. Three friendly accommodating kind helpful men who try to remove all that is requested.
They arrived on the day arranged and assess the property for the best removal arrangement.
The only suggestion is that carpets are rolled up or folded up then tied tight to help with handling and storage in new properties.
Hi Isobel, many thanks for your review. I have put your suggestion to our operations team as feedback is so crucial for us, very much appreciated. All the best in your new home.
Friendly team, prompt arrival, really helpful.
Thank you very much for your positive review. We are delighted you found our team to be friendly and helpful.
The men were easy to deal with, especially Peter. He never stopped, always had a cheery smile and nothing was a hassle.
Hi Carole, many thanks for your positive review. Peter appreciates your very kind comment. All the best in your new home.
The removal guys were fantastic and quick in getting the move done and the office staff were also brilliant on getting what was needed and great to speak to with requirements for the move
Hi Sami, thanks for the great review. Our office staff work 8am to 8pm seven days to provide an excellent service. Your moving team really appreciated your very kind comments. All the best in your new house.
AMC Removals is rated 4.88 based on 306 reviews