Activity Superstore Ltd Reviews

63% of reviewers recommend Activity Superstore Ltd
Live Chat, Email, Telephone
"The customer service is terrible. They take weeks to get anything done! They even managed to cancel my booking without telling me. Not impressed... I would recommend AVOIDING this site!"
Hello Michael

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am very sorry to learn that you have experienced the problems outlined in your comments. We never cancel a booking without being asked to either by the venue or the customer and we will ensure that everything is done to make you aware. We have recently implemented a new system which will make it easier and quicker for customers to book online and have increased our communication avenues with customers by opening up emails and live chat. I regret that with the volume received and due to the bank holidays our response time has become elongated, however we are working tirelessly for these to return to our desired times to ensure we are always efficient for our customers.

Activity Superstore Ltd
"Why wont anyone get back to me !!!!! they don't reply to emails, they don't pick up the phone !!! Someone needs to take this company to the Ombidsman!!!! Absolutely rubbish !!!!!"
Hello Colin

I can only apologise that you have not yet received a response or a call back, this is most unusual. We do try to respond to all email queries within 72 hours, therefore I can only apologise if this is not the case. Please feel free to call us on 0371 384 1025 and we will be happy to help you with your voucher.

Activity Superstore Ltd
"Worst company I have ever dealt with. Despite not sending me any correspondence telling me that my voucher had an expiry date, they refused to accept it, even though it was only a couple of weeks past. They also said that I was lying about not being told, even though the only proof they had was via an unrecorded phone conversation. Nothing was sent via email or post or in any form of writing, it was just their word against mine, and in this instance, I was branded the 'lier'!!"
Hello Stephanie

Thank you for taking the time out to leave comments on your experience with us. However all of our vouchers have the expiry dates printed on them to ensure our customers use their activity before their particular expiry date. We do advise that the vouchers need to be registered, booked and the activity taken before the expiry date on all of the information provided to you. I am very sorry to hear that this information was missed. If you would like to get in contact with me, I can look at reducing the cost of the experience to enable you to use the activity as intended?

Activity Superstore Ltd
"I have been asking for an email confirmation for a forthcoming event, Beer and Food Festival. I have had no response to several emails I have sent, I have tried to use the on-line chat which is saying 'not working due to maintenance problems'. I cannot get through to your Company by phone."
"I, too, have been trying to book an event. I have contacted via email, phone call and 'online chat' I have had no response to any. How can you have no dates or a calendar for a food festival which is on a specific date? Why don't you have all the dates of an event and why are half of the festivals e.g. Oktoberfest no longer even mentioned let alone available?"
Hello

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear of the issues you have experienced when trying to book. We only show the venues that we currently work with and I regret that we no longer work with Oktoberfest which is why they have been removed.

It may be that the event is now fully booked if a date is not showing, however if you could kindly call us on 0371 384 1025 we will be more than happy to check for you.

Activity Superstore Ltd
"I have been trying to validate my voucher for over a week now. I couldn't speak to an adviser as you don't work weekends. I have now tried over a week later and I still cannot validate my voucher or choose my activity due to no list being provided. I have spoken with two agents the first agent told me she had passed it on to her senior and I would receive an email in one hour. after one hour and a half I got back in contact. Now this second agent told me they were looking into it and then just said thank you and goodbye and cut me off!! I got back into contact and funnily enough it was the same agent who cut me off. she apologised and said she thought I was happy to wait and this was not what I had said. I am deeply frustrated with this service. the lack of urgency, purpose to satisfy customers and poor general service astounds me. hopefully sometime this year I will be able to book my activity!"
Good morning

I am extremely sorry to hear of the problems you have experienced and the service you have received, this is not acceptable and I will speak with the agents involved. We pride ourselves on our customer services and can only apologise that you have not experienced this on this occasion.

In order for me to look into this and resolve the situation for you, please kindly confirm for me your activation number, name and contact number via email, customerservice@activitysuperstore.com and I will gladly help you further.

Activity Superstore Ltd
"MY DAUGHTER AND I WERE GIVEN ACTIVITY VOUCHERS FOR XMAS 2015.FOR ONE THING OR ANOTHER WE DID NOT BOOK THE ACTIVITY IN THE TIME PERIOD BY A COUPLE OF DAYS (I WAS UNAWARE OF A TIME PERIOD UNTIL I TRIED TO ACTIVATE THE VOUCHER DECEMBER 2016) I WAS TOLD I COULD HOWEVER REBOOK WITH A 10% YES 10% DISCOUNT !!!! WHAT A JOKE!!!! SO YOU HAVE HAD FULL PAYMENT FOR AN ACTIVITY EXPERIENCE FOR 2 WHICH YOU HAVE NEVER FULLFIELD !!! AT LEAST DICK TURPIN WORE A MASK!!!!"
Dear Mr Harris

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

I am extremely sorry to learn that your voucher has expired before you had a chance to register and use the voucher. We do state on the packaging and the voucher itself the expiry date in which the voucher needs to be used by due to locations, suppliers and experiences changing over the course of time.

As a gesture of goodwill we have offered to discount a voucher for you which I understand is not something which you are happy with. I ask that you contact me directly on customerservice@activitysuperstore.com and I will gladly see if I can do a further discount for you.

I can only apologise once again for the upset this has caused you and regret that this situation has arisen.

Activity Superstore Ltd
"Received a two night getaway as a Christmas present, received the same last year and also had a poor experience however this year I am not even able to book a hotel, customer services are unhelpful overall disgusted with service,"
Dear Ria

Thank you for your comments. We do take our customers feedback on board to try and improve the service we offer.

If you could kindly contact me with more specific information, such as your voucher number, venue you are trying to book for and dates you are interested in, I will gladly look into this further for you.

Activity Superstore Ltd
"So having activating my voucher, which"
"way overcharge compared to hotel prices direct. Lengthy drawn out process to use and validate"
Dear Teresa

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

I am sorry that you felt the process was drawn out, we do try and ensure that the process is as simple as possible and are changing things to facilitate customers to do more online. Furthermore in regards to the voucher being more expensive that the hotel directly, this can occasionally be the case. The reason for this is because we have one price to cover all different locations offered under the experience and depending on the hotel and time of the year these prices can fluctuate. Furthermore we take into consideration VAT, packaging and distribution.

I hope this clears things up for you.

Activity Superstore Ltd
"I was given a xmas present for the deluxe west end theatre and meal for two package I extended it once for another £40 and now I have been told its not possible to extend it again as its part of the terms and conditions. This voucher was gift and I did not purchase it originally and would not of been aware of the terms and conditions applied to it. I was told that that the terms are in the information booklet supplied with the voucher. To most people this looks like a sales leaflet and more information on the other activity's you do. So the front page has sales images attached and then when you open the first page it has a sale script and more images. Then its customer feedback of the people who haven't been ripped off. Oh and here we have the terms and condition's and they are in tiny font and 10 paragraph's crammed into one page rather than the large font used in your sales script and images. So to be charitable your company is using a very old tactic of the terms conditions ploy and hiding small print that means less than your sale script in your leaflet. Its a con and you are paid money without the customer obtaining the goods. Which must contravene the sales and goods act and is morally its wrong. As a customer who received a gift I was not in the position to check the terms and conditions before the sale and if I agreed with them. Your terms and conditions are sent out after the purchase has been made. I WILL ENDEVOUR TO SPREAD THE WORD ON YOUR CORRUPT INCOME."
Dear Mr Dunn

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to hear that you were unable to use the voucher before the expiry date.

I appreciate that you did not purchase the voucher, however after paying the £20 extension fee the first time, we send out a confirmation email confirming the new expiry date and informing you, you would be unable to extend a second time. We do try and make this as clear as possible and do provide our full terms and conditions on our website.

I am sorry for the disappointment this has caused you.

Activity Superstore Ltd
"I purchased the voucher with my xmas bonus back in December and booked a 2 night getaway for my husband and myself. I think it is bang out of order that if something happens 12 hours before you are due to go which is completely out of your control you cannot change instead you loose your break. You people must be racking the money in. I will be telling everyone I know to stay well clear of you Cowboys. I am extremely unhappy."
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to hear that you were unable to attend your activity. We understand that on occasions, something may crop up and leave you unable to continue with your booking. We do have processes in place to rebook customers at no charge depending on the circumstances, such as ill health etc. We do require some form of documentation to confirm this and once received we will review this for our customers on an individual basis. This should have been offered to you depending on the reasons as to why you were unable to attend your booking.

If you would like to contact me personally, I will be happy to look into this for you.

Activity Superstore Ltd
"We received our voucher as a Christmas present and registered as requested. 6 months we went to book our West End Show and afternoon tea to be told our voucher had been used and THEY WOULD NOT HONOUR THE VOUCHER? 15 phone calls with Activity Superstore and Encore their subsidery finally sorted out the problem. They finally admitted that one of their Employees had used it. We finally got the ticket we wanted after nearly 4 weeks. However!!!! The seats for the West End show were the cheapest and worse in the theatre. We were on the back row in the circle in a row of 5 seats. I had to sit on the stairs to get a view of the show. The afternoon tea, WAS NOT AN AFTERNOON TEA but a cream tea. Which was half the price and half the amount of food. DO NOT USE ACTIVTY SUPER STORE! DO NO NOT USE ENCORE? DO NOT USE AMAZING ADVENTURES YOU WILL GET RIPPED OFF? BE WARNED?"
Dear Mr Young

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to hear of all of the problems you experienced initially when trying to book your activity. This is never the service we want our customers to receive.

When booking you should have been made aware of the seats before you confirmed the booking to ensure that they were suitable for you. Therefore I can only apologise that they were not to your expectation. If you could kindly contact us with the details of your complaint and what was received, we will gladly investigate further for you.

Activity Superstore Ltd
"I wish I read the reviews before buying a voucher at Activity Superstore. I bought an experience for my husband's birthday for Sheepdog experience. When it came to booking the experience, the number wouldn't work. I later found out the number given by Activity Superstore was not the right one. I called Activity Surperstore and they offered to book the experience for me, which was kind of them but they were very inneficient and hard to get hold of. I had many tries and when I emailed them to confirm a date, they wouldn't confirm back and eventually they told me they never received the email. After a few tries I managed to book a date but it so happens they booked one person instead of two on the wrong experience. The farm with which the booking was made called the Activity Superstore and the Activity Superstore told them they didn't have to honour the booking since it was for a different experience. Luckily the farm had better business ethics than the Activity Superstore and let my husband and I participate in the activity for that day. But what a mess. Suffice to say, I will never book with them again."
Dear Nush,

Thank you for your review.

I am very sorry to hear of the experience you received, this is not the level of service we expect our customers to receive and can only apologise that you have.

If you could kindly let me know your voucher number, I can look into this further for you.

Activity Superstore Ltd
"made impossible for me to use what a con"
Dear Tania

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to hear that you have not been able to use your voucher. We do everything we can to ensure you can take part in your day and have options to exchange or extend the vouchers to ensure you are able to do something instead of wasting the voucher. If you could kindly contact us, we will gladly speak you through any options available to you.

Kind regards.
Activity Superstore Ltd
"NEVER USE ACTIVITY SUPERSTORE OR FIND ME A GIFT if there is any chance that you might need to change your dates after booking. we booked for a west end show (very limited choice) three months in advance and due to very sad circumstances would not be able to go on that date.(Family bereavement) Although theatre were very happy to change dates, the company would not budge. A total lack of customer care and even though my contact went to "check with her supervisor" the result was ... no chance... even although they were very sorry... WHAT A LOAD OF RUBBISH.. there are plenty of other providers out there that do have a professional outlook... go out of your way and find them instead of this shower of rubbish !!!!"
“Dear Peter
Thank you for your review.
Normally once the activity has been booked we cannot cancel or change which we advise upon booking to ensure issues do not arise. However if a close family member has passed away, for which I would like to offer my condolences, we may be able to rebook you without charge.
If you could kindly contact me directly, Charlotte Howland, I can gladly review the situation for you.
Activity Superstore Ltd”
"We live near Chester. A voucher was given to us for one night glamping experience. Guess where .... Devon. Only a 5 hour journey in each direction. Any local sites .... No. 2 in Devon. No where else. Can we swop. No. How many experiences in the Chester area ? Around 10 % of the total activities listed are north. It's proberbly ok if you live in Essex or Oxford. Phoned them to swop. After being told we could ,they then said it wasn't their policy to swop. Even though I was told it could be swopped. My advice is simple. Give money in an envelope. Do not buy vouchers. The only person who Benefits is activity superstore. They will clearly make a commission on sale. Then on redemption. It's cheaper to go direct and pay the experience owner. Again. Don't waste your money."
“Dear Mike,

Thank you for your review.

We do try and offer as many locations for our experiences as possible, although I regret that sometimes this is not possible. Furthermore we are able to exchange the voucher to another activity offered on www.activitysuperstore.com excluding activities currently on offer, choice packs or tangible items. If you selected an activity within these restrictions we would be happy to exchange the activity for you as long as the voucher was not booked or invalid.

I hope this helps.

Activity Superstore Ltd”
"Firstly, with the west end show, we only had a choice of six shows, non really appealed. As per instructions we activated our card. Five month later we went to book the show and afternoon tea to find our activated card was no longer valid. It had been used by someone else. The Company use a third party. ENCORE. It would appear that one of their Employees had used it. It took 15 phone calls between both companies. They kept blaming each other but left us to relay messages..They would not resolve the problem.by taking to each other. NEVER EVER USE THIS COMPANY ACTIVITY SUPER STORE or ENCORE"
Dear Mr Young,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am shocked to hear that your voucher has been used by someone other than yourself and can only apologise as this has not been brought to my attention.

If you could contact myself, Charlotte Howland directly at Activity Superstore, I will be happy to investigate further for you.

Activity Superstore Ltd
"awful !! so many restrictions on using the voucher, eventually exchanged it for something else, then the original value of the voucher was not honoured so I have paid the difference myself. I would advise anyone using activity superstore to think again !!! look into all the restrictions and small print prior to purchase, if you are unlucky enough as my wife was, to purchase in a shop without having the restrictions available to see, I would ask for a full refund and go elsewhere."
Dear Rich

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

I am sorry that you feel the activity is restrictive, however we do advertise any restrictions on the package before purchase, to ensure our customers are fully aware of any restrictions. We also update our website regularly to reflect any changes that have been made since the packs have been printed to ensure our customers are receiving the most up to date information at all times.

I hope you can enjoy the activity you have exchanged to and would like to thank you again for your feedback.

Activity Superstore Ltd
"I Just tried to book a day out with Activity Superstore. A truly awful experience. Lousy customer service. So much so, that I actually prefer not to use the voucher than continue to deal with them. The ironic upshot being that if you'd like to enjoy a pleasant experience, then you need to AVOID the Activity Superstore."
Hello

I am very sorry to hear that you feel our customer service is less than satisfactory.

We do try our upmost to ensure that the booking process runs as smoothly as possible for our customers. If you would like to contact me directly, Charlotte Howland, I will be happy to personally arrange a booking on your behalf to ensure that you do not miss out.

Activity Superstore Ltd is rated 3.48 based on 324 reviews