Activity Superstore Ltd Reviews

2% of reviewers recommend Activity Superstore Ltd
"Gvien a 'Unique Places to stay' voucher for Christmas giving B&B for 2 for a night. Only about 5 places within driving distance, not unique at all, cheaper if we had booked direct. Instead you have to book 2 weeks in advance and it has taken 4 days of trying B&B's and then the customer service department to secure a booking for the day we wanted - and a surcharge had to be paid for a king sized bed as we didn't want twin beds. Not even gone yet and already cheesed off. Nice idea but don't bother - really."
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

I am sorry to hear that you have not been happy with the service you have received thus far. We do try and ensure we have as many venues as possible to cover all areas and I can only apologise if the locations were not suitable for you. Furthermore if an upgraded room is booked, the upgrade fee would be payable with the hotel directly.

I hope you are able to have a lovely time when you go.

Activity Superstore Ltd
"I made a complaint to WH Smiths the supplier of the vouchers I received. Johnathon from Activity Superstore resolved my complaint to a more than satisfactory solution. Hence an upgraded review from 1 star to 5 stars"
"Received a two night getaway as a Christmas present, received the same last year and also had a poor experience however this year I am not even able to book a hotel, customer services are unhelpful overall disgusted with service,"
Dear Ria

Thank you for your comments. We do take our customers feedback on board to try and improve the service we offer.

If you could kindly contact me with more specific information, such as your voucher number, venue you are trying to book for and dates you are interested in, I will gladly look into this further for you.

Paul Byatt
Verified Buyer
"So having activating my voucher, which"
"way overcharge compared to hotel prices direct. Lengthy drawn out process to use and validate"
Dear Teresa

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

I am sorry that you felt the process was drawn out, we do try and ensure that the process is as simple as possible and are changing things to facilitate customers to do more online. Furthermore in regards to the voucher being more expensive that the hotel directly, this can occasionally be the case. The reason for this is because we have one price to cover all different locations offered under the experience and depending on the hotel and time of the year these prices can fluctuate. Furthermore we take into consideration VAT, packaging and distribution.

I hope this clears things up for you.

Activity Superstore Ltd
"I was given a xmas present for the deluxe west end theatre and meal for two package I extended it once for another £40 and now I have been told its not possible to extend it again as its part of the terms and conditions. This voucher was gift and I did not purchase it originally and would not of been aware of the terms and conditions applied to it. I was told that that the terms are in the information booklet supplied with the voucher. To most people this looks like a sales leaflet and more information on the other activity's you do. So the front page has sales images attached and then when you open the first page it has a sale script and more images. Then its customer feedback of the people who haven't been ripped off. Oh and here we have the terms and condition's and they are in tiny font and 10 paragraph's crammed into one page rather than the large font used in your sales script and images. So to be charitable your company is using a very old tactic of the terms conditions ploy and hiding small print that means less than your sale script in your leaflet. Its a con and you are paid money without the customer obtaining the goods. Which must contravene the sales and goods act and is morally its wrong. As a customer who received a gift I was not in the position to check the terms and conditions before the sale and if I agreed with them. Your terms and conditions are sent out after the purchase has been made. I WILL ENDEVOUR TO SPREAD THE WORD ON YOUR CORRUPT INCOME."
Dear Mr Dunn

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to hear that you were unable to use the voucher before the expiry date.

I appreciate that you did not purchase the voucher, however after paying the £20 extension fee the first time, we send out a confirmation email confirming the new expiry date and informing you, you would be unable to extend a second time. We do try and make this as clear as possible and do provide our full terms and conditions on our website.

I am sorry for the disappointment this has caused you.

Activity Superstore Ltd
"I purchased the voucher with my xmas bonus back in December and booked a 2 night getaway for my husband and myself. I think it is bang out of order that if something happens 12 hours before you are due to go which is completely out of your control you cannot change instead you loose your break. You people must be racking the money in. I will be telling everyone I know to stay well clear of you Cowboys. I am extremely unhappy."
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to hear that you were unable to attend your activity. We understand that on occasions, something may crop up and leave you unable to continue with your booking. We do have processes in place to rebook customers at no charge depending on the circumstances, such as ill health etc. We do require some form of documentation to confirm this and once received we will review this for our customers on an individual basis. This should have been offered to you depending on the reasons as to why you were unable to attend your booking.

If you would like to contact me personally, I will be happy to look into this for you.

MR Dian John Young
Unverified Reviewer
"We received our voucher as a Christmas present and registered as requested. 6 months we went to book our West End Show and afternoon tea to be told our voucher had been used and THEY WOULD NOT HONOUR THE VOUCHER? 15 phone calls with Activity Superstore and Encore their subsidery finally sorted out the problem. They finally admitted that one of their Employees had used it. We finally got the ticket we wanted after nearly 4 weeks. However!!!! The seats for the West End show were the cheapest and worse in the theatre. We were on the back row in the circle in a row of 5 seats. I had to sit on the stairs to get a view of the show. The afternoon tea, WAS NOT AN AFTERNOON TEA but a cream tea. Which was half the price and half the amount of food. DO NOT USE ACTIVTY SUPER STORE! DO NO NOT USE ENCORE? DO NOT USE AMAZING ADVENTURES YOU WILL GET RIPPED OFF? BE WARNED?"
Dear Mr Young

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to hear of all of the problems you experienced initially when trying to book your activity. This is never the service we want our customers to receive.

When booking you should have been made aware of the seats before you confirmed the booking to ensure that they were suitable for you. Therefore I can only apologise that they were not to your expectation. If you could kindly contact us with the details of your complaint and what was received, we will gladly investigate further for you.

Activity Superstore Ltd
"I wish I read the reviews before buying a voucher at Activity Superstore. I bought an experience for my husband's birthday for Sheepdog experience. When it came to booking the experience, the number wouldn't work. I later found out the number given by Activity Superstore was not the right one. I called Activity Surperstore and they offered to book the experience for me, which was kind of them but they were very inneficient and hard to get hold of. I had many tries and when I emailed them to confirm a date, they wouldn't confirm back and eventually they told me they never received the email. After a few tries I managed to book a date but it so happens they booked one person instead of two on the wrong experience. The farm with which the booking was made called the Activity Superstore and the Activity Superstore told them they didn't have to honour the booking since it was for a different experience. Luckily the farm had better business ethics than the Activity Superstore and let my husband and I participate in the activity for that day. But what a mess. Suffice to say, I will never book with them again."
Dear Nush,

Thank you for your review.

I am very sorry to hear of the experience you received, this is not the level of service we expect our customers to receive and can only apologise that you have.

If you could kindly let me know your voucher number, I can look into this further for you.

Tania Richards
Unverified Reviewer
"made impossible for me to use what a con"
Dear Tania

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to hear that you have not been able to use your voucher. We do everything we can to ensure you can take part in your day and have options to exchange or extend the vouchers to ensure you are able to do something instead of wasting the voucher. If you could kindly contact us, we will gladly speak you through any options available to you.

Kind regards.
Activity Superstore Ltd
"NEVER USE ACTIVITY SUPERSTORE OR FIND ME A GIFT if there is any chance that you might need to change your dates after booking. we booked for a west end show (very limited choice) three months in advance and due to very sad circumstances would not be able to go on that date.(Family bereavement) Although theatre were very happy to change dates, the company would not budge. A total lack of customer care and even though my contact went to "check with her supervisor" the result was ... no chance... even although they were very sorry... WHAT A LOAD OF RUBBISH.. there are plenty of other providers out there that do have a professional outlook... go out of your way and find them instead of this shower of rubbish !!!!"
“Dear Peter
Thank you for your review.
Normally once the activity has been booked we cannot cancel or change which we advise upon booking to ensure issues do not arise. However if a close family member has passed away, for which I would like to offer my condolences, we may be able to rebook you without charge.
If you could kindly contact me directly, Charlotte Howland, I can gladly review the situation for you.
Activity Superstore Ltd”
"We live near Chester. A voucher was given to us for one night glamping experience. Guess where .... Devon. Only a 5 hour journey in each direction. Any local sites .... No. 2 in Devon. No where else. Can we swop. No. How many experiences in the Chester area ? Around 10 % of the total activities listed are north. It's proberbly ok if you live in Essex or Oxford. Phoned them to swop. After being told we could ,they then said it wasn't their policy to swop. Even though I was told it could be swopped. My advice is simple. Give money in an envelope. Do not buy vouchers. The only person who Benefits is activity superstore. They will clearly make a commission on sale. Then on redemption. It's cheaper to go direct and pay the experience owner. Again. Don't waste your money."
“Dear Mike,

Thank you for your review.

We do try and offer as many locations for our experiences as possible, although I regret that sometimes this is not possible. Furthermore we are able to exchange the voucher to another activity offered on www.activitysuperstore.com excluding activities currently on offer, choice packs or tangible items. If you selected an activity within these restrictions we would be happy to exchange the activity for you as long as the voucher was not booked or invalid.

I hope this helps.

Activity Superstore Ltd”
"Firstly, with the west end show, we only had a choice of six shows, non really appealed. As per instructions we activated our card. Five month later we went to book the show and afternoon tea to find our activated card was no longer valid. It had been used by someone else. The Company use a third party. ENCORE. It would appear that one of their Employees had used it. It took 15 phone calls between both companies. They kept blaming each other but left us to relay messages..They would not resolve the problem.by taking to each other. NEVER EVER USE THIS COMPANY ACTIVITY SUPER STORE or ENCORE"
Dear Mr Young,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am shocked to hear that your voucher has been used by someone other than yourself and can only apologise as this has not been brought to my attention.

If you could contact myself, Charlotte Howland directly at Activity Superstore, I will be happy to investigate further for you.

Activity Superstore Ltd
"awful !! so many restrictions on using the voucher, eventually exchanged it for something else, then the original value of the voucher was not honoured so I have paid the difference myself. I would advise anyone using activity superstore to think again !!! look into all the restrictions and small print prior to purchase, if you are unlucky enough as my wife was, to purchase in a shop without having the restrictions available to see, I would ask for a full refund and go elsewhere."
Dear Rich

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

I am sorry that you feel the activity is restrictive, however we do advertise any restrictions on the package before purchase, to ensure our customers are fully aware of any restrictions. We also update our website regularly to reflect any changes that have been made since the packs have been printed to ensure our customers are receiving the most up to date information at all times.

I hope you can enjoy the activity you have exchanged to and would like to thank you again for your feedback.

Activity Superstore Ltd
"I Just tried to book a day out with Activity Superstore. A truly awful experience. Lousy customer service. So much so, that I actually prefer not to use the voucher than continue to deal with them. The ironic upshot being that if you'd like to enjoy a pleasant experience, then you need to AVOID the Activity Superstore."
Hello

I am very sorry to hear that you feel our customer service is less than satisfactory.

We do try our upmost to ensure that the booking process runs as smoothly as possible for our customers. If you would like to contact me directly, Charlotte Howland, I will be happy to personally arrange a booking on your behalf to ensure that you do not miss out.

Activity Superstore Ltd
"It is very difficult to find out where you can use your voucher. I had bought a photo makeover voucher and had read on the website about "100's of locations nationwide" so I thought living near several major towns as I do that I would have no problem choosing a studio near me. Unfortunately (despite finding out all the locations of the Barrett studios, several of which were local) when I actually phoned to book, the nearest that I could use the voucher was over 25 miles away! Also beware that you will be expected to visit the studio THREE times so factor in the time and petrol etc and suddenly the voucher is not such good value after all. I complained and did actually get a refund, but of course this didnt include a refund of the postage costs in each direction (you have to return the voucher to get a refund, within 28 days of purchase), or help with the disappointment of what was supposed to be a treat for my "special" birthday this year."
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

I am very sorry to hear that the studios were not suitable for you, however we do try and cover as many areas as possible but regret there can occasionally be small gaps, which we continually look to improve.

Thank you once again for your feedback.

Lisa Ridgeway
Unverified Reviewer
"Do not buy from this company. I bought a voucher to take my 8 year old son to Liverpool for a stadium tour for his birthday in May only to find all tours are closed at the moment for building work. I contacted activity superstore who have refused to refund my money and only offered to extend the voucher so we could go next year. Not really a good present for a child to wait 7 months."
Dear Lisa

Thank you for your review.

I am very sorry to hear that you have not been able to take the activity due to refurbishments taking place at Liverpool. We do advertise that work is taking place and as such the tour does vary. Moreover you are welcome to wait until the refurbishment is complete, approximately end of August, or exchange the voucher to another activity entirely.

I appreciate that this may be disappointing, however I feel the options are fair.

Activity Superstore Ltd
"DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. ALL CLAIMS THAT THE VOUCHERS ARE EASY TO USE OR THAT THE VALIDATION PROCESS IS CLEAR ARE WRONG. APPALLING OPERATION"
Dear Sasha

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry to hear that you believe the process of registration and booking to be complicated. We do look at this process often to see where we can make this clearer and easier for our customers. I would welcome your feedback on this and where you found any difficulties to look to improve our service, if you could contact us directly.

Activity Superstore Ltd
"I would definitely not recommend this Company to anyone. Our initial voucher the hotel had never heard of them and it was the only hotel within travelling distance to enable us to use the High Tea part of the voucher. We had to pay extra to be able to use our voucher in Scotland and then the hotel we picked had never heard of them. They also sent our voucher to the wrong address in England although we live in Scotland and it took my numerous emails and 5 phone calls at my expense, all with different members of staff (having to constantly repeat myself) before we got the upgraded voucher. "They do not do compensation" - their words - but offered my pregnant niece who bought this in good faith for our Christmas present, a gym day for 2 or family portrait as a "good will gesture". It has taken 40 days to get this sorted."
Dear Ms Neil
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am sorry to hear of the problems you had when trying to book, however we do make all restrictions clear for each property as well as the locations included. I am sorry that you were unhappy with our gesture of goodwill and hope that you are able to enjoy your night away.

Julian Adcock
Verified Reviewer
"It definitely could be a scam. I've been mulling over how to spend my voucher for a while. It was a gift, and I kept the voucher and the booklet that came with it. BUT....to actually claim my gift, I have to put in the activation code on the voucher, the security code on the voucher AND the transaction code from the till receipt (bought by my old mother 100 miles away). Who knows you have to keep the till receipt to validate a voucher that already has 2 codes on it? The only way, apparently, around the missing receipt problem, is for my mum to go into her local Argos, and have them write a letter to the fact that she bought the voucher there, and send it to me so that I can forward it on to Activity Superstore. Good grief. What would the branch manager say to such a request? Would AS honour such a letter if they did receive one, or would they just find some other nonsense way of wriggling out of actually having to give me my present? If they are not a scam, they are still a joke."
I am very sorry to hear of your disappointment at being requested to provide us with proof of purchase in order to validate your voucher. This is a requirement for all of our packs purchased in store, and as such is made clear on the packaging.
I hope you were able to obtain some form of proof of purchase and that you were able to enjoy your activity.

Charlotte