Activity Superstore Ltd Reviews

3% of reviewers recommend Activity Superstore Ltd
"I have purchased many experience days out to share memories with my family but also my husband for date evenings and they have been fantastic every experience has been fab. Great company and easy to use I have purchased paintball for family indoor skydive they where fab and comedy evening which was Amazing. Highly recommend fantastic company. Ann"
"I made a complaint to WH Smiths the supplier of the vouchers I received. Johnathon from Activity Superstore resolved my complaint to a more than satisfactory solution. Hence an upgraded review from 1 star to 5 stars"
"Recieved a voucher from a friend for a tea for two.last Christmas. Tried to activate it last week as it was valid till this December, no hurry I thought. During the process found I needed the till receipt. To my horror my friend no longer had the receipt, and had paid cash. Reading the reviews I thought that was it, our tea no more. Not giving up I phoned activity superstore and a pleasant girl on the other end said no problem she could activate it over the phone. Within a few hours I had the voucher activation code and my tea for two booked. No problem. They will help you, so don't give up."
Thank you for your kind review. I am pleased that we were able to assist you and I hope you are looking forward to your Afternoon Tea. We will always try our hardest to help and ensure our customers get the best experience possible!

Activity Superstore Ltd
"The entry price of the activity we chose (York Chocolate Story) was significantly less than the price my sister had paid for the activity as a present for us. Extremely complicated to transfer the balance to another activity and an admin fee payable makes this a rip off!"
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am sorry to learn that you felt your activity was not value for money. If you could kindly contact me with your voucher number, I will be happy to look into this for you.

Activity Superstore Ltd
"Gvien a 'Unique Places to stay' voucher for Christmas giving B&B for 2 for a night. Only about 5 places within driving distance, not unique at all, cheaper if we had booked direct. Instead you have to book 2 weeks in advance and it has taken 4 days of trying B&B's and then the customer service department to secure a booking for the day we wanted - and a surcharge had to be paid for a king sized bed as we didn't want twin beds. Not even gone yet and already cheesed off. Nice idea but don't bother - really."
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

I am sorry to hear that you have not been happy with the service you have received thus far. We do try and ensure we have as many venues as possible to cover all areas and I can only apologise if the locations were not suitable for you. Furthermore if an upgraded room is booked, the upgrade fee would be payable with the hotel directly.

I hope you are able to have a lovely time when you go.

Activity Superstore Ltd
"THE 'GO TO' COMPANY..... if you want to be ripped off. I am in dispute with them because I was not able to book anything at a time or place I wanted. One hotel would not take a booking using an ASS voucher until next year, although they would if I booked direct (and at much lower cost). Because I have 'exchanged my voucher' they refuse to give me refund. Now they send me a request to review a 'chocolate experience' I never went on. What a shambles! Reporting them to Trading Standards, BBC's Watchdog, Rogue Traders and anyone else I can think of. Avoid, and save yourself a lot a of hassle and headaches."
"Tried to book a karting race for 2 experience given to us as a gift. We are still waiting for them to confirm booking since 13/8/18. Tried to web chat with them several times to resolve the issue, always unavailable despite being well within opening times. Still waiting for replies to at least 3 email enquiries. Unable to contact anyone by phone either. I expect we will receive a reply after the voucher has expired. Totally unacceptable!!"
"This company deserves less than 1 star. I purchased an experience for my wife's birthday, details of this experience was not properly explained until after purchase and code redeemed. Once redeemed, no chance for a refund, no proper communication channels. It's over a month now, wife's birthday is over 3 weeks old, still can't get my experience for several reasons by the company. Utter frustration. Please beware! Close to fraud."
Thank you for sharing your experience.

However I am unsure what you mean by the activity was not properly explained. If you would like to elaborate, I will be happy to look into this for you.

However I can see that you have since exchanged your voucher to another activity.

Charlotte Howland
"Nightmare trying to book a one night stay away and lots of extra cost. Said it included breakfast, just to find out it didn't. Dreadful."
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

If you would kindly contact me with your voucher number and the location you were interested in, I will gladly look into this further for you.

Charlotte Howland
"If I could give a negative score I would. Save your money and give people the cash for presents, you are literally pouring money down the drain using this company. I used their phone line to exchange a voucher. The male in the phone was beyond slow and utterly useless. Now I see my phone charges I know why! No where do I see these phone charges advertised on the website. Beyond unprofessional straight up daylight robbery. What a joke of a company"
Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction. Usually exchanging a voucher is very easy and straight forward and can even be done online. Therefore I can only apologise that this took quite some time and resulted in a larger than expected phone bill. If you would like to send me your voucher number and itemised phone bill, I will be happy to look into this further for you.

Charlotte Howland
"I would give them a negative rating but that's not an option. No support line on Sat and Sun, shocking booking system, properties far from the advertised standard, etc. After a night in what was allegedly a double bed and a shower for a 3 year old size rather than an average size adult, we found out our afternoon tea was used. Not by us though. We ended up having to pay for it again or not going. Experience out of hell.definitely not a relaxing weekend."
Hello Maria

I am very sorry to hear of your disappointment with your stay and the issues you have had with your Afternoon Tea. I regret that our offices are closed over the weekend, however we have not been contacted since to raise the complaint. If you would kindly contact us we will be happy to take note of your complaint and raise this with the venue in question.

Charlotte Howland
"We stayed on a spa break voucher at Hallmark hotel in Bouremouth. Extremely dirty, poor facilities, very tired hotel room & overall very poor value for money. Certainly misled & missold by your company. Would not reccommend activity superstore to anyone."
Hello Katy

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments.

I am sorry that you felt the Hallmark Hotel fell short of expectations. If you could kindly contact me with your complaint and voucher details, I will be happy to investigate further.

I look forward to hearing from you in hopes of resolving this issue.

Charlotte Howland
"Possibly the most frustrating experience of my life was dealing with this appalling company. Customer service? Ring the number and it directs you to their website...no call held in a queue, no leaving a message, no ring back, no customer service. Only give their vouchers as a gift if you really can't stand the person."
Hello

I am sorry that you have had problems contacting us. We have a phone number that provides near enough all the information you could need. However if you would prefer to speak to someone over the phone, please call us on 0371 384 1025, where an advisor will be more than happy to help.

Charlotte Howland
"Had a couple of vouchers from Activity Superstore companies. Due to bad health it was getting close to the deadline for their use, so I emailed them asking what our options were. I got an automated reply saying I should expect a reply within 5 working days. I thought that was quite a long time for a response but 25 days later I got a response from them - an automated reply telling me to expect a response within 5 working days! I'm still waiting for a response. I have now used one voucher and exchanged the other - they would otherwise probably have expired before I heard back from them. Quite apart from the fact that many of their vouchers are worth less than their face value (take a look at booking direct with the end provider), how can we respect any company with such poor customer support?"
Hello Richard

I am sorry to hear that you did not receive a reply to your email. We have had quite a few technical issues with our email system recently, whereby some emails were not being delivered, but then would come through a few months later. We do not find this acceptable and I can assure you that this is being looked into by our IT support to ensure this does not happen again.

I am glad that you were able to book and exchange your vouchers, however if you need anything else please call us on 0371 384 1025.

Charlotte Howland
"I purchased a voucher for a comedy night for 4. The voucher value was £59. I paid £39 as it was on offer in Debenhams but I thought the value was for an experience worth £59 as that's what the packaging said!!! The experience isn't even worth £39 anyway! I tried to book a comedy night only to find out the if I'd bought tickets direct from the venue they were only £5 each so I could have saved myself £20! I tried different venues to see if I could get better value for money but apparently others had gone into liquidation so I was stuck with a venue that looked like a back street pub! Not really what I had in mind! I called the company who simply said "here's the number of the venue so you can ring and book yourself as we can't get through!". Ridiculous! I called and couldn't get through either so I've now paid for a voucher that goes out of date next month that I can't use because no one seems to answer a phone! I emailed Activity Superstore to complain and when they eventually got back to me they were really unhelpful and still haven't solved the problem let alone given an apology! Do not use this company they are a pure rip off!"
Hi Stephanie

I am sorry to hear of the experience you have had, this is certainly never something we wish for our customers to receive. If you would kindly contact me personally on 0371 384 1025 with your voucher number, I will be happy to go through the options with you.

Charlotte Howland
"Very limited choice of locations for my Gastro Pub and Restaurant Dining gift, no response from Activity Superstore when I made a booking, no telephone number to ring and no response to emails. A company to avoid or risk wasting your money."
Hello Wayne

I appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback.

I am sorry to hear that you feel the choice is limited, we do offer 39 locations for this activity, however we do always try to add more throughout the year. I can see that a booking has since been made for you for a date that has now passed, therefore I hope you enjoyed your meal.

Charlotte Howland
"I was excited to receive a £34 voucher for afternoon tea for two. I booked the tea at The Buttery, Lymington. The tea was very basic, with one sandwich, a scone and the tiniest slice of cake. There was nothing special about the tea. I had a salmon sandwich and took half the salmon out as it was the grey black part of the fish. If we had bought the afternoon tea directly from the Buttery, it would have been £7 cheaper than the Activity Superstore voucher cost. How does that work?!"
Hello SkyJ

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I am very sorry to hear that you did not think your voucher was value for money. As we offer over 130 locations for this activity, we do have one blanket price for all locations covered within the pack, therefore the pricing can be slightly different.

However if you could kindly contact me with your voucher number, I will be happy to look into this further for you.

Kind regards.

Charlotte Howland
"Gift card meant to be valid for 12 months but only valid for 1 month. Really bad. Presume they are trying to get rid of old stock. Can't get through to help at all. Tried to extend but costs extra 20 quid for 6 months, not even to the original length! Plus almost half the cosy of the voucher itself. Really bad I wouldn't have bought if it was advertised as short expiry. I can't give this as a gift and I ordered especially to get it quickly so will lose money even if I can return it, although return seems impossible. Really disappointed. Wish I'd looked at reviews before buying. Looks like there are issues redeeming vouchers so not like I can give it to anyone else either! What a rip off."
Hello

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, however I am unsure what has happened.

All of our vouchers clearly advertise the expiry date on them before purchase, furthermore out stock is changed out for new stock every August/September, therefore I believe an error has occurred. If you would kindly call us on 0371 384 1025, we will be happy to investigate further.

Charlotte Howland
"This unique places to stay voucher is the worst thing I have ever purchased. The restrictions on booking are absolutely ridiculous and should be made clear on purchasing. In addition to the booking restrictions there are only a handful of options in the north, one of which you’re only entitled to a shared bathroom. What the hell. I paid 119 quid for this and you have to pay extra for an en suite. Part of the dress code at this company must be balaclavas as they are robbing people blind."
Thank you for taking the time to share your review.

I am sorry that you feel that the restrictions are hidden, however we do advertise that each venue has their own restricitons and may restrict days of the week or months of the year and we go into further details online for each venue. If you would like to discuss this with me, please do not hesitate to contact me with your voucher number and I will gladly help where I can.

Charlotte Howland
"Because ZERO was it an option! This company are clearly profiting from both customer and end service provider. Taking £45 + postage and then allocating an insulting amount to the provider for their service is never going to allow provision of a ‘Gasto experience’. There was no intention of the only establishment anywhere near to our location of providing something exchangeable to the value of £45 - why would they at their own expense! I can’t understand why the venue would wish to be associated and tarnish their own reputation by refusing to provide a £45 service. They were busy on a Tuesday evening so can’t be that desperate! Whilst I may visit the pub and use their normal menu I wouldn’t touch Activity Superstore with a Barge pole and will ensuing that anyone that I know does exactly the same!"
Thank you for taking the time to share your review.

I am sorry to hear that you have not had a positive experience. If you could kindly contact me with your details, voucher number and name of the venue, I will be happy to look into this further for you. We contract each location at their own choice and provide an experience whether it be money off the bill or a set two or three course menu, every location will be different. Therefore when you contact me I can check if what you received was correct.

Activity Superstore Ltd is rated 1.12 based on 108 reviews