Activity Superstore Ltd Reviews

3% of reviewers recommend Activity Superstore Ltd
"Very difficult to book experiences and complicated to activate and redeem your voucher. Much better off giving money as a present , a lot of the experiences are limited locations, many are miles away. I had to call to book my experience and after a week having emailed and called being constantly greeted by voicemail I eventually spoke to a very rude woman who informed me she hadn't been answering the phone as she was balancing 'the 'job' and looking after her two children, it really felt like I had inconvenienced her. My email hadn't been read as she hadn't got round to switching on her laptop either, very unprofessional and disappointing."
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear of the problems you faced, however this sounds as though you were contacting a small venue and not Activity Superstore directly. If you could kindly let me know the name of the venue you contacted, I will be happy to look into this further.

I look forward to hearing from.

Activity Superstore Ltd
"I contacted this company regarding an awful experience regarding an afternoon tea on the 4th May I have followed up on this several times and am being ignored ,,,,,last communication was from Jonathon on the 19th May ,,say no more ,please please people do not waste your money on these so called experiences ,,,shall make it my mission to spread the message ."
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. I am very sorry to learn that you received no further response from Jonathan. If you could kindly forward on your last email, I will be happy to personally look into this for you.

Activity Superstore Ltd
"AFTER CONTACTING THE COMPANY TO EXTEND MY VOUCHER THEY CONVENIENTLY DID NOT CONTACT ME IN TIME AND THE VOUCHER EXPIRED. WHAT A CON. NOT EVEN HAD AN E MAIL BACK! VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE."
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that your voucher expired. The vouchers usually have around 11 month’s validity or the expiry date printed on them, therefore I am sorry that you did not use the voucher within this time. We do allow customers to extend the voucher once however this is a charge. This can be done either by logging onto www.activitysuperstore.com/extension or calling us with your voucher number.

Activity Superstore Ltd
"I booked the steam train with cream tea at Bodmin and Wrenford railway.This was a special treat as my girlfriend was coming over from Dubai and i thought this would be a nice for her to see some Cornwall countryside. The staff were all very helpful and friendly.however, with regard to the experience it was very disappointing.The actual 2 hour experience consisted of going up and down the same track twice along with stopping to turn the train around the time spent actually moving lasted considerably less.The cream tea itself was also very disappointing,this consisted of two scones which were presented in plastic wrap,a bowl of jam and a bowl of cream.The tea or coffee was served from a flask.Considering the overall cost of the package i thought that more attention to detail could have been taken as it seemed as tho this was very much overlooked. People pay good money for these trips and have to travel long distances to get to the destination which often means that an overnight stay is required,which adds to the cost of the so called experience."
Hello Grant

I am sorry to hear that your activity was disappointing, considering that your partner travelled all the way from Dubai. I would ask that you contact us directly with your voucher details so we can investigate further.

Again I am very sorry for the upset this has caused you and your partner.

Charlotte Howland
"Our grandson bought us a steam train trip with cream tea. Package says 8 locations, their web says 3 then description says 2. Unable to book any-which says 6 locations and when trying to contact for further info the live chat was closed for maintenance. What a cock up so AVOID at all cost. Thank goodness for Buyagift."

I hope you are well.

I am sorry to hear of your disappointment with the locations listed online, however these relate to a slightly different activity. The activity you have offers more than 2 locations and we constantly try to get new venues on board to fill any gaps. If you could kindly log onto www.usemygift.com and enter your unique activation number, you will be shown the full list of locations that are available within your voucher. Our Live Chat was down for maintenance, however I am pleased to confirm that this is now up and running.

Charlotte Howland
"Complete waste of time having these vouches. No response to emails or chat. Looks as though the £99 has been lossed and this is a big scam"
Hello Brian,

I hope you are well.

I am pleased that we were able to speak and resolve the situation. We do get back to customers as soon as possible within our 72 hours reply time and I am pleased to confirm that our Live Chat is back on and ready for customers to contact us.

Take care

Charlotte Howland
"Awful customer service. I bought my parents a voucher for Christmas for the cream tea for two and steam train ride which was valid for a year. When we went to book the experience it was fully booked for the whole year. When I contacted the customer services I had asked for a refund as we were not happy that a £50 voucher that could'nt be used was going to waste. Reluctant to offer a refund customer services advised that we could swap the voucher for another experience . Therefore we went back onto the website to look for another experience we found that they were still advertising the cream tea for two and steam train ride on the website which is miss- selling as they are fully aware that it is booked up for the whole year and whoever buys that voucher will not be able to use it. My parents decided to swap the voucher for an afternoon tea close to home however this was also not available. I explained how disappointed we were and that this is not acceptable. They then came back to say they managed to secure a slot on the original experience we accepted this and asked to be emailed asap with the procedure. A month on and no reply so I email 3 times within the month for an update still no response. When I phoned the customer services they advised that the date which was available is no longer which was no fault of ours as we accepted straight away. As a result of this I asked to speak to the manager which I was refused and was told to send in a letter with my voucher to receive a refund. This company will take your money and will not honour anything they offer to you even after a formal complaint has been made."
Hello Yasemin

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

I am very sorry to hear of the problems you have faced, this is never what we want our customers to receive. In regards to the location in question they have proved extremely popular this year with this activity, therefore we are offering customers a free extension, to select another location or an exchange. If you would like to discuss this with me personally, I will be happy to see what I can do for you. Please feel free to call and ask for myself.

Thank you.

Charlotte Howland
"BE AWARE do not waste your time using this company. Liverpool FC Tour bought as a present for my son over 12 months ago & after trying to book this tour at least 6 times we were given excuse after excuse & as yet have not been given a refund. Please do not waste your time & hard earned cash on this unprofessional outfit!"
Hello

I am very sorry that you have not yet been able to take your son to Liverpool FC. I understand this is very frustrating but unfortunately this is outside of our control. The reason for the delay is due to extensive pitch works that Liverpool FC have been carrying out. We have confirmation that bookings will be able to be made as of the 1st September 2017, however if you would prefer not to wait any longer please contact me directly and I can speak with you in regards to the options we have.

I hope this helps and that we are able to give your son a great experience!

Charlotte Howland
"My aged mother sweetly bought 4 vouchers (in Halfords?)for her grandchildren to do a rib tour around Canary Wharf. These people are impossible to contact (unless you press the 'I want to buy tickets" option on the phone. If you press the 'I've already got my tickets' option it gives you a web/email address and cuts you off. My mum can't use the internet. The ribtours people were lovely and said they'd book it for us. Then they emailed me back and said they couldn't as the vouchers had to be 'validated'. I managed to contact activity superstor and Chelsea (on the sales team.. who was sweet but beleaguered) said she'd do it for me. She did.. each one had to be done individually. Red Letter Days... another experience aggregator went bust for precisely this reason. Appalling. Go Direct."
Good afternoon

I am very sorry to hear of the difficulties you have experienced when trying to redeem this thoughtful gift. This is not what we want our customers to experience when preparing to make use of a generous gift! We have moved over to online bookings as the majority of customers find this easier to use, however we still have our contact centre open for those who prefer to speak to someone to organise their events. I understand that Chelsea helped you with your validations and bookings and I am pleased she was able to.

I hope your children are able to enjoy their RIB tour.

Many thanks

Charlotte Howland
"Stadium Tour voucher was not accepted in Barcelona therefore had to purchase another ticket on the day, now 2 months on I am still chasing Activity Super Store for a refund of the original voucher. They are slack in customer service and only when I chase do I receive a reply many days later. DO NOT USE"
Hello

I am very sorry once again for the issues that arose on the day of the activity. However, I can assure you that once we were made aware we were quick to rectify the situation and processed your refund back in April. The funds were returned to the purchasers card on the 11th April, therefore should have been in your account over a month ago. If this is not the case please kindly contact either us or your bank provider and we will be happy to look into this further for you.

Charlotte Howland
"A relative paid £50 for our 'London By Day Or Night' voucher for us as a gift. We chose 'Afternoon Tea for Two at a 4* Hotel', that hotel being the Doubletree Hilton West End in Bloomsbury. On the exterior the hotel offers afternoon tea for two with bubbly at £35, and it refused to accept that our voucher included bubbly, so we were denied the two glasses of prosecco. The afternoon tea itself was pathetic, tiny sandwiches and cakes, one small cream and one small jam between the two of us, no choice of teas and generally treated as though we were the biggest pain of the day by staff. This 'London By Day Or Night' is a total rip-off, even the offers mentioned in the booklet are not those that are featured on line, and it's the on line list that we had to choose from. Staff at Activity Superstore were rude and disinterested, after all, they had their money, why should they help?"
Dear Trevor

I am very sorry to hear that your Afternoon Tea was not the afternoon treat you were expecting. We take any complaints we receive very seriously and will investigate fully to ensure a repeat performance is not made as our customer's satisfaction is our first concern. If you would kindly send me full details of your complaint and voucher number, I will be happy to look into this further for you.

I look forward to hearing from you in hopes of bettering our experiences and services.

Charlotte Howland
"Brought a voucher for a steam train ride and cream tea for two for my elderly grandparents as a Christmas present. I have recently gone to activate the voucher and found the the two locations that were stated on the box are not available which is a cause for concern as they can only use the bus service. I sent them an email asking for a refund to which they replied "Having looked into this, unfortunately the Railways in Derbyshire have been discontinued and therefore removed from the list of locations for the Steam Train with Cream Tea experience. We do advise in our terms and conditions that all locations are subject to availability and change, meaning they have the right to discontinue. All of the locations advertised on the gift box and in the booklet were accurate at the point of printing, however the most up to date list of locations can be found on www.activitysuperstore.com/usemyvoucher If none of the other Railways are suitable for you, you can exchange your voucher to a different experience from www.activitysuperstore.com or www.giftideasfortwo.com - this excludes anything currently on special offer, choice packs and tangible gifts such as hampers, flowers, chocolates and wines. Please note, if you wish to exchange to something of a higher value you will be required to pay the difference. The exchangeable value of your voucher can be found in the small print on the voucher. Alternatively, if your voucher has not been validated you are welcome to take it back to the store it was purchased from to enquire about a refund. Please be aware that a refund is down to the stores discretion. I do apologise for any disappointment this response may cause, please advise how you wish to proceed." So I proceed to look at the other vouchers on offer and find that the majority of them are on special offer so I cannot use my voucher for them and I'm certainly not spending more money to fund these bunch of con artists. AVOID this company and it's associated company gifts for two as they both piss in the same pot."
Hello William

I am sorry to hear that your preferred location is no longer available, however the information you have been given is correct. Unfortunately location do discontinue from time to time for reasons beyond our control. We do always try to offer a suitable alternative or exchange, however if these are not suitable please do get back in contact and I will work with you to find a solution.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Activity Superstore Ltd
"Waited for over a week now and this company have never got back to me, never returned my emails, never tried to call me. Anyone who buys one of these horrific experiences needs their heads testing !!!!!!!!!!"
"TRIED TO BOOK A GLIDING EXPERIENCE. THE AIRFIELD DOES NOT RECOGNISE THE VOUCHER NUMBER. CANNOT SPEAK TO ANYONE. LOOKS LIKE A CON TO ME. AVOID."
Hello Mr Poole

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I am sorry that the experience provider has not been able to recognise the voucher number, they usually begin with a few letters followed by around 6 numbers, e.g. GLID100123. If you are still having problems booking please kindly call us on 0371 384 1025 and we will gladly book on your behalf.

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Activity Superstore Ltd
"Unable to book a hotel. Rubbish customer service when trying to book a hotel for an overnight stay using a voucher."
Hello Maria

I am surprised to hear that you have experienced difficulties when trying to book a hotel. Usually availability is good when booking within the restrictions of each venue. If you have not been able to arrange a date for your activity at this time, please get in contact with us with your preferred location and a few dates and we will gladly try to help you further.

Kindest regards

Activity Superstore Ltd
"The customer service is terrible. They take weeks to get anything done! They even managed to cancel my booking without telling me. Not impressed... I would recommend AVOIDING this site!"
Hello Michael

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am very sorry to learn that you have experienced the problems outlined in your comments. We never cancel a booking without being asked to either by the venue or the customer and we will ensure that everything is done to make you aware. We have recently implemented a new system which will make it easier and quicker for customers to book online and have increased our communication avenues with customers by opening up emails and live chat. I regret that with the volume received and due to the bank holidays our response time has become elongated, however we are working tirelessly for these to return to our desired times to ensure we are always efficient for our customers.

Activity Superstore Ltd
"Why wont anyone get back to me !!!!! they don't reply to emails, they don't pick up the phone !!! Someone needs to take this company to the Ombidsman!!!! Absolutely rubbish !!!!!"
Hello Colin

I can only apologise that you have not yet received a response or a call back, this is most unusual. We do try to respond to all email queries within 72 hours, therefore I can only apologise if this is not the case. Please feel free to call us on 0371 384 1025 and we will be happy to help you with your voucher.

Activity Superstore Ltd
"Worst company I have ever dealt with. Despite not sending me any correspondence telling me that my voucher had an expiry date, they refused to accept it, even though it was only a couple of weeks past. They also said that I was lying about not being told, even though the only proof they had was via an unrecorded phone conversation. Nothing was sent via email or post or in any form of writing, it was just their word against mine, and in this instance, I was branded the 'lier'!!"
Hello Stephanie

Thank you for taking the time out to leave comments on your experience with us. However all of our vouchers have the expiry dates printed on them to ensure our customers use their activity before their particular expiry date. We do advise that the vouchers need to be registered, booked and the activity taken before the expiry date on all of the information provided to you. I am very sorry to hear that this information was missed. If you would like to get in contact with me, I can look at reducing the cost of the experience to enable you to use the activity as intended?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Activity Superstore Ltd
"I have been asking for an email confirmation for a forthcoming event, Beer and Food Festival. I have had no response to several emails I have sent, I have tried to use the on-line chat which is saying 'not working due to maintenance problems'. I cannot get through to your Company by phone."
Activity Superstore Ltd is rated 1.12 based on 108 reviews