Stanhope Insurance Reviews

of reviewers recommend Stanhope Insurance
Read Stanhope Insurance Reviews

About Stanhope Insurance:

Stanhope is a leading provider of niche and specialist insurance to the UK home insurance market. We focus on providing solutions that fit outside the standard UK home insurance norms. This could be an expensive item of jewellery, a property that is thatched or a home that is undergoing renovation works.

If you can’t find the solution through standard insurance platforms, then you will most likely have come to us as your next port of call.

Stanhope provides customers with highly personalised insurance products that their specific and specialist circumstances require. We will insure valuable items of jewellery whilst you are living away from home because your house, which has subsidence (which we are also insuring), is undergoing renovation works!

We are dedicated to providing exceptional levels of customer service and want all our customers to know that they have the right insurance policy in place at the right price, for their specific set of circumstances.

Stanhope is based in Hampshire with a nationwide set of customers. If your insurance needs are far from standard then we can help you.

mashton@stanhopeinsurance.co.uk

Cedar Court5 College StreetPetersfieldHampshire

Tell us how Stanhope Insurance made you happy
very good to deal with and very efficient,thanks
Efficient fair and excellent customer service
Thankyou
Our house insurance was due for renewal and a member of your company telephoned me directly as I had input the details to a comparison site online. He was courtesy and professional and competitive and got the business.
Great service with regular callbacks and responsive to all my questions and changes.
Angie, thanks for the 5 stars!
Stanhope were great. Stuart got all the information I needed, answered all my questions and sent all the information through on email so I had it in writing. All this without hassling me. I would highly recommend
Deborah, thank you so much for the 5-star review. We will forward this to Stuart.
Top class service from persons who know about home insurance
Thanks for the 5-stars Ian!
Great service and Millie went the extra mile to meet my needs.
Very happy.
Colin, thank you for taking the time to offer this encouraging feedback. Will pass on to Millie.
Hi Toby Futcher was extremely helpful and the quote and follow up e mails were very quickly dealt with
John, thank you for taking the time to praise Toby's effeciency. Will pass this on to him.
Very poor service. Didn’t Send any documents. No phone number to call agent who I originally spoke to . I know we are in strange times but you were quick enough to take my money with no follow up call /email to see if everything was in order! Good job I never needed to make a claim !! I emailed but had no reply, did no one working from home keep their eye on a business email. Wouldn’t recommend.
We are sorry to hear the service received fell short of the standard we set ourselves. One of the directors will be in touch first thing tomorrow to discuss the matter in detail.

As you'll notice from the other reviews, this is not the normal experience received by our customers. Again, apologies and we'll be in touch tomorrow.
Really impressed by the knowledge and assurance imparted by Matthew Ashton and the speed with which my insurance policy moved from initial/speculative enquiry through to enactment. Matthew also made himself available to me on a Saturday morning to facilitate completion of our negotiations and transaction.

Would highly recommend Stanhope.
Wayne, this is an excellent review and we thank you for taking the time to send this feedback to us. It's great to have you on board as a customer.
More than helpful and approachable. When we were looking for insurance for our second house which is currently under renovation, even offering to change it to normal house insurance if works are completed within the twelve months.
Huw, thank you very much for the 5-star review. Glad to hear we were approachable and helpful. Long may this continue.
Efficient and effective personal service. It’s made a much bigger difference than I expected to be talking to the same people throughout the set up of everything. Feel that if I ever have to claim it will be the same.
Victoria, a great review. Thank you.
I use Stanhope because of the levels of their service. Donna is great and goes all out to get us the best deal.
Thank you for taking the time to praise Donna's great service. We'll pass this on to her.
Very friendly very efficient and straight forward, easy to contact, and very quick to respond, we had insurance for an empty house, we had struggled to find anyone to insure it as ordinary insurance brokers don't apparently offer this service. Highly recommend.
Thank you very much for the 5 stars and the encouraging feedback.
A very efficient, friendly service. I would recommend this company.
Thank you for taking the time to offer us a 5-star review. Much appreciated
All good thanks
Thank you for the 5 stars!
I have had no problems with Stanhope Insurance. They have been pleasant to talk to On the phone as well.
Cora, thank you for taking the time offer the feedback to us. Please let us know what we could have done to get that extra star....

It's great to have your custom.
Asked for hard copy of policy documents and they never arrived, although when I took out the policy, I was told they’d be with me the following week.
Update: company will now send me the documents after lockdown ends.
Caroline, thanks for sending the feedback. As explained at the time, working from home during this season has meant that we do not have printing facilities. We cannot expect the team to print and send 100 + page documents to clients from their home(s).

We are due to be back in the office during late August. We will make sure the documents are printed and posted then. Outside of this we trust the service you’ve received has been second to none.
Listed building insurance handled brilliantly by Sophie. I'd definitely recommend giving Stanhope a call.
Thank you for the 5-stars - will pass on to Sophie.
After contacting several mainstream insurance companies who were unable to cover my house during my recent renovation, Stanhope came to the rescue. They were incredibly helpful and certainly knew their stuff giving me a policy to fit the bill at a fraction of the price already quoted by another companies.
Result! 👍
Joanne, this review reinforces what we communicate to our prospects. Specialist insurance is needed for specialist risks. Off the shelf internet based solutions do not usually do the trick. Thanks for writing the review. Greatly appreciated.
Stanhope Insurance is rated 4.86 based on 43 reviews