Swytch Bike Reviews

Robert Brown
AHMAD VENCATASAMY
Daniel Edström
Simon Lawson
I must firstly give the the bad side - when I first ordered my Swytch Bike the delivery time was stated as 10-12 weeks, with ‘customers’ saying that they had received delivery in 10 weeks, which sounded ok.
I had to wait 24 weeks, from my order to delivery.

The good side is that It is very easy to set it up & works great, really pleased with the whole set up.

From Les Hoare
I met Swytch team via London cycle show 2017 by chance and I am impressed of the kit they developed. The idea of their kit is very good and simple. I pledged the brompton kit and received the kit in 2018. I did have a problem with the fitting and they have been very helpful to address it. I know their team is companding due to their success and I do recommend trying their kit out! You won't be disappointed!
Swytch Bike 5 star review on 27th February 2020
My kit arrived 2 months early, very pleased as was expecting it in March. Fitted super quickly to my Brompton B75 and I had a great first commute to work today in central London with it. Lovely stuff thanks Swytch!
Swytch Bike 5 star review on 23rd January 2020
() - Posted 8 months ago
its very powerful and easily to take the battery on and off
Swytch Bike 5 star review on 7th October 2019
I've had great fun with the kit from start to finish, and I'm not finished :) Thanks to the team at Swytch!
Swytch Bike 5 star review on 30th September 2019
LOVE MY SWYTCH! I am able to take my Brompton out everyday because I can now conquer all the hills with the pedal assist. I'm a middle aged not so fit woman just trying to use my bicycle more. Biking does not have to be painful anymore.
Swytch Bike 5 star review on 23rd September 2019
I am really happy with my Swytch kit, which is very easy to assemble, it works really well, I had some small problems, all solved with Swytch assistance.
I recommend it, I'm waiting to buy the new kit for my new Brompton !!!
Swytch Bike 5 star review on 14th September 2019
This kit as allowed me to get back on my bike again, I was a keen cyclist a number of years ago but got out of the habit now with the Swytch kit fitted its like having a partner helping me out. Still remember the first time I used the kit and was amazed at how much help I got.
Swytch Bike 5 star review on 13th September 2019
We are delighted with our Swytch-powered Tandem. It makes all the difference on the hills.
Even though we've fitted the Swytch motor to a heavy duty expedition tandem frame and with the weight of two people, we still get many miles of assistance. A second bonus was the thumb throttle ... an great boost for those tricky starts in heavy traffic.
Swytch Bike 5 star review on 13th September 2019
The kit was quite simple to install. The only part of the installation that is a little time consuming is having to install the inline sensors and longer brake cables. The complete bicycle is much lighter than and complete bicycles that I've seen and the battery/controller is very easy to remove to avoid theft. The motor produces very little drag when coasting, which is a constant concern for hub motors, and is very powerful and silent. The motor activates with less than a half rotation of the crankset and the brake sensors work flawlessly. I would highly recommend the Swytch kit to anyone looking to convert their daily rider to electric.
Swytch Bike 5 star review on 12th September 2019
The swytch kit is convenient you don't have to buy a new bike rather, you can convert your old bike into an e-bike. I have the 500w wheel, which has been great so far. I usually use the padel assist function when I am going to work or school so I don't sweat. It also comes in handy after soccer practice that when I usually go all out (23-25mph). Swytch makes life easier, it's a great convenience. The only issue that I have is with mileage I bought the 50 mile battery pack but I barely get 15 miles going on pedal assist 3. If the swytch team could fix that, then this product would deserve 5 stars.
Swytch Bike 4 star review on 8th September 2019
Having a Swytch bike kit allows bikers of different ability levels to enjoy riding together at a comfortable speed for both. Well made and designed.
Swytch Bike 5 star review on 1st September 2019
Great E Bike
Swytch Bike 5 star review on 31st August 2019
i have the 50 mile swytch kit fitted to a vodoo marasa the fitting took a couple of hours, only because i took my time to fit it properly, it is an excellent bit of kit and pulls my weight up big hills no problem. swytchbike as a company has come on leaps and bounds since i ordered the kit there were a few teething problems as with any start-up company but i would highly recommend them
Swytch Bike 5 star review on 31st August 2019
A very professional but approachable company and customer service.
All my interactions have been both positive and productive.
Would definitely recommend Swytch as both a company and a product.
Swytch Bike 5 star review on 31st August 2019
I'm so glad Swytch is bringing out a much improve and extended milage battery pack.Now I can cover my 20 miles round trip to work every day much faster. At work I park my bike outside the building, remove the battery pack and store it on top of my locker. At home I park my bike in the back garden take off the battery pack and charge for next days use. Its as simple as that every day.
Swytch Bike 5 star review on 30th August 2019
I like your communication. You are close to your costumers and that is good.
Swytch Bike 4 star review on 30th August 2019
I first heard about the Swytch start-up in 2017 and finally decided to take the risk on Indigogo in January 2018, then just over a year later my “50 mile” kit arrived. I have to confess that several missed promised delivery dates gave me some doubts. But the wait was worthwhile, this is brilliant. I fitted the kit to my steel-framed touring bike (Edward Warner, Reynolds 531 frame for those who love details). I had bought this bike second hand in the early 80s, when I was a student in London, but had not been using it much recently. Fitting the Swytch kit did need a little bit of work, but not much. The Swytch 700C wheel is a tiny bit smaller than the ‘vintage’ 27 ¼ it replaced, fortunately the brakes had enough adjustment to allow for this, and a new tyre and tube was needed. The quick release forks had to be filed to get the wheel to fit, I had to swap the torque washer on the lead side, and put a spacer in for the pedal sensor, all very easy once I had decided it was possible. It all fits and works. I was very pleased with my first test ride, despite the cold wind. No need to get off and push up hills. I was a bit disappointed at how slow 15mph is when the assistance cuts out (but I have since found that this is easy to override). I had drop handlebars and the extra weight of the battery pack made it feel a bit top-heavy and unstable. I put flat bars on and this cured things (or I got used to it). First longer ride was 14 miles each way, a 407 ft rise and 719 ft drop (and of course the other way round on the way back) there was still juice left but the meter suggested not much. I have not tried a longer run, I’m sure I’d get further on flatter land. The bike has been great, I use it to get into the nearby town and out into the local countryside for the sheer pleasure. The kit only let me down once, at the bottom of a long hill when it switched off and wouldn’t go back on. I did have the Hall by-pass lead with me, but had forgotten that this was what could happen. After I fitted the lead it works perfectly again, although I wonder if it is as smooth and if the range might be cut. I would suggest fitting it in the first place, as I'm not holding my breath for the firmware update. Anyway I now have a superb ebike that has transformed my well-loved old bike, and it has cost a great deal less than buying new (and I probably would never have done that). I live about 2 miles from a town, and I use the bike now instead of being lazy and driving. The long hill on the way back is now easily conquered. I am very pleased with it and highly recommend the Swytch kit, especially if you want to keep a bike you have. Well done Swytch!
Swytch Bike 5 star review on 28th August 2019
Service and support from Swytch Bike are second to none. Other service and product providers could learn a lot from the attention given to ensuring satisfactory functioning of the kit.
Swytch Bike 5 star review on 28th August 2019
I ordered two 50 mile kits for my bromptons, a 2014 and a 2006 models. The older brompton needed extra care when fitting, otherwise it was just a matter of following the instructions. And not forgetting the wonderful community at the Swytch Support Forum where one can find a lots of helpful suggestions and tips.

Our swytch bromptons make us go out and explore wonderful places!!!
Swytch Bike is rated 4.71 based on 41 reviews