Swytch Bike Reviews

Swytch Bike 5 star review on 20th April 2022
Swytch Bike 5 star review on 19th April 2022
Patrick Conlon
Mark Oakley
Excellent customer support and quality in product line, a snap to install. The addition to our 7 year old Bromptons has been great we ordered two units for our bikes which came to us during the height of Covid. Our first major ride was up a 4.5 km hill climb at 32 degrees followed by a second 8.5 km hill climb at 20 degrees. Both rides used less that one power bar, there are 5! We live at sea level surrounded by hills and mountains. Our motors worked flawlessly and climbed the hills as if we were on the flat. We still like to work our bikes for the exercise and have the option to turn the motors off with little or no resistance to our normal ride, but when it comes to hills, the Swytch Motors simply flattened them out! One of our units had a bit of an hiccup however the Swytch services reps (Laticia, Jonathan, Liam, and Martin) were excellent sending us advice and replacement parts in a timely manner. We are nearly 8000K away from London and yet we are an email away from support. We are looking forward to an updated battery pack for one of the units which I am sure will be arriving shortly and many more adventures on our Bromptons, thank you Brompton for a great bike and especially thank you SWYTCH for opening up a whole new world of fun!
I cannot praise this company high enough for helping me get through a problem with my Brompton kit, I was dreading how the issue could be fixed, anyway I contacted them and explained the nature of the fault, they came back to me within hours of listing a report number, they showed me how to do a number of tests with videos supplied and I would report back, it was during the second set of tests the fault was found and fixed, it forced me to think things through and it’s now been tested and is 100% perfect, however I doubt I could have found the problem without their support even though it was done remotely, so it does work, communications was done via email so gave me time to do tests, I for one am a very happy customer and I wish the guys at Swytch the best, they have a great product the world is in dire need of, and I hope the company grows to fulfill this, ok there might be a few bumps along the way but already they are a well known business, on my testing run met someone who knew Swytch so the name is out there now. Thanks In particular to LS, my direct contact. Great support from you all, thank you!
This is FANTASTIC! I'm in my mid 50's and used to cycle lots but over the last few years I've found it harder. Now having bought 2 Swytch kits; one for mine and my husband’s bike, it has put the pleasure back into cycling, so much so I'm now cycling to work. We go out together for lovely bike rides, enjoying the countryside and not having to worry about any steep hills or long inclines, cycling is now a pure joy and is helping us keep fit. WONDERFUL and EXCITING times ahead, thank you for inventing such a fabulous product!
Swytch Customer service is fantastic. I reached them easily via WhatsApp Chat and on a separate occasion also via email when I requested a call back. They called back the same day and were very helpful and courteous. Highly recommend the product and the product support team. Really great solution to electrify an existing bike at a fraction of a purpose built E bike cost. Also much less likely to attract thieves or higher insurance premiums. 5 stars truly
Dont get me wrong. Lovely product however broke within 3 weeks. (after waiting 3 months for it to arrive) Support is what brings it down. Customer service is probably the worst I have ever come across, and the only method of contact is email. To be fair they have identified the issue, however who knows when the replacement will arrive, will be luck if I get it in the next 6 months at the rate things are going. Lovely product. But if anything goes wrong, you will be extremely disappointed with the support
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we are sorry about the situation. However, we are happy to see that you are being looked after by our support team. Feel free to let us know if we can assist at any time! The Swytch Team.
Terrible experience- I purchased two conversion kits- mine started acting up less than a year after purchase. Took their Customer service department over a month to get with me. Replaced Battery and Control Unit. Now the new unit and my wife unit both start running away on us. When you restart you have nothing until the unit decides it wants to work again. When it runs away the brake lever disconnects do not work, you manually have to reach up and turn the unit off while its speeding down the road. Sorry I ever purchased these kits. I started a new ticket twice on this new problem and its been over two weeks and I haven't heard from them.--Oh I do get about 3 emails a week trying to sell me a conversion kit "ha"
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Upon checking our system, we are unable to locate your original support ticket. However, we have now contacted you privately and we look forward to assisting you. The Swytch Team.
I'm so happy with my Swytch ! Fitted so easily and works perfectly. And the customer service has been amazing throughout. Would definitely recommend !
Swytch Bike 5 star review on 20th April 2022
Not happy at all have tried to contact swytch but customer care and support doesnt appear to exist only automated replies and no phone number to physically talk to a person.. The advert says from swytch to convert any bike 🤷‍♀️ I fitted my kit to my ladies pashley bike which has hub breaks I'm now left with a bike that two bike shops have told me is dangerourous to ride and unsafe as I now have no front break which is illegal..I'm confused that swytch has not mentioned this in any of their instructions before you buy.. I'm now left with a worthless expensive piece of kit and a bike that Is not safe to ride plus no support from swytch .. Trying to find a way to maybe have a v clamp fitted and new wheel forks but not sure if the swytch wheel has a rim for this.. Just at a loss with this does anyone know the phone number for swytch please
Just fitted my Swytch kit, very impressed so far, would like to get a thumb throttle for it now. Plus I have signed up for the next run as I would like to get a kit for my wife's bike, plus one for another beach cruiser I have. Fitting was easy, took my time to make sure it was right and works great.
I am so unbelievably happy with my Swytch kit. I have health issues that meant that I had started to struggle riding my bike but having the Swytch has massively helped that. Its genuinely a life changer. I didn't need anything fancy just a bit of assistance so I don't have to peddle as much and so that hills were easier and this does just that. The delivery took a little while but they were up front about that and kept me updated along the way. I didn't mind a long wait anyway but in the end it arrived quicker than I had expected so I was very happy. Not to mention the fact that it was so easy to fit, took me and my dad no time at all, honestly the hardest part was attaching the zip ties and i probably could have easily done it on my own. Could not recommend this product and company more.
I fitted a Swytch kit to a spare bike, around a year ago, and haven't used the others since. There is added weight but drag is minimal and certainly worth enduring for some assistance on the way back. Fitting was quick and easy and although I had a problem with the ESC, Swytch support were excellent. Highly recommended, I'm considering getting the new version, based on how well my current kit performs.
I ordered my Swytch bike kit in October, paid up front, it is now April and I still haven't received the kit. Although the kit looks good, I would think about twice before ordering it! Not even sure i will ever get it...
Great improvement 👌
I was really excited to get my Swytch kit. Sure the delivery was quite delayed but I figure that was out of their control (tho as others have pointed out, the communication around this could have been a bit more proactive). First impressions were that it was a quality bit of kit, and fitting it to my bike was easy. It works well (although there's a bit of a lag between starting to peddle and the assistance kicking in, but you learn to accommodate this). I can see why people like it and for many people I imagine it's ideal (a friend of mine loves his). However, I ride on busy UK roads and only want assistance going up hills, and occasionally on the flat, so want to change the assistance level frequently, and it's design makes this difficult and potentially dangerous. This is because to change the 'assist level' (that is, to change much help it gives you) you have to take one hand off the handlebars (and your eyes off the road) to press buttons on the power pack, which is attached to the bikes handlebars. And these buttons are small, and hidden underneath the waterproof battery cover, so you might have to take several stabs to get the assistance level you want, especially if you're wearing gloves. Not ideal, especially on a bumpy road with traffic all around. The other issue I have with it is having the weight of the battery hung from the handlebars. The bike already has the Swytch electric motor in the hub of the front wheel and with the weight of battery added to it it makes the steering heavy and ponderous, so any manoeuvres become more difficult. This design may be okay for people who never want to change the level of assistance, especially if on a bike that was already heavy and they're going in a straight line on flat surfaces, say people in Holland maybe. But for real life use on UK roads on a light bike, for me at least, it's not good. I want the battery slung low and the controls directly to hand (such as a twist grip changer) so I can keep my hands on the bars and my eyes on the road. Hopefully Swytch will offer these options in the near future
Great service. Instructions easy to follow.
If possible this would be minus 5 stars! Do not buy!!! Absolutely terrible. Ordered a mountain bike wheel from them. The website, the specifications and the order process does NOT tell you anywhere that the wheel will NOT fit either of the modern axles for mountain bikes now - The axle on the wheel does not fit a QR9x100 fork nor a Maxle through fork - This was an order that was placed in the summer of last year with a delivery in January - and the wheel would only appear to fit a bike that has forks on it that would in way suit a mountain bike. Absolutely NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE! Customer service do not appear able to assist either!
I placed my order in July 2020 with a delivery time expected 12-14 weeks. Understandable given the business model. However, this did not happened. Delivery was postponed several times with absolute lack of clarity regarding the whole situation. The only email I received after the first one related to the order was the one saying I needed to pay 20% tax plus 5% import charges. After 6 long months of frustration (in which I contacted the customer service many times) and excuses they finally admitted they messed up. There was an administrative error with the order. I am not sure if this involved only my order but I did not expect such lack of committment from them. Anyway, after many emails exchanged and waste of precious time, they finally confirmed the order was ready to be collected by the courier. Of course no tracking number provided just a vague message saying “if you don’t hear from the courier within seven days ....” I received the kit a couple of days ago and I haven’t tried it yet as in the meantime I have sold my bike... Awful and very stressful experience. I will definetly not make the same mistake again.
Hi Francesco, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. As a growing start up, Swytch is always looking for ways to improve our customer experience as we know it will be vital for us to succeed in our mission. We are sorry to see that you do not believe you received the Swytch experience that we pride ourselves on, and that this has outweighed the quality of our product. We have been in touch via email to discus your experience with you. We look forward to hearing back from you. Kind Regards, Swytch Customer Support
Good news universal kit arrived 4.12.2020 in great shape. Bad news pre order 18th May order locked 17th June 2020 delays due to demand for bike parts, covid, ship delays ever gentle ship anchored off Felixstowe for 2 weeks port in chaos, 2 weeks delay at customs due to covid. Good news Installation took 40 minutes had file my forks thank goodness not carbon fibre, one locking nut on upside down however easy to install. Yes wires visible and bike heavier, (but not going to lift it). A great piece of kit. I would recommend the product. Revitalised a 1996 khd Montana crest bike. Rides well. Thanks swytch.
Swytch Bike 5 star review on 17th December 2020 Swytch Bike 5 star review on 17th December 2020 Swytch Bike 5 star review on 17th December 2020
So much fun to roll up hills with my turbo-charged Brompton since it got Swytched! It’s like having a gentle push from behind. The kit was fairly easy to install but I did get a final inspection from a local bike mechanic to make sure. It took a long time to arrive to my American door (no surprise right now) however it was worth the wait. And after reading the instructions I now spell tire the English way as “tyre.”
I must firstly give the the bad side - when I first ordered my Swytch Bike the delivery time was stated as 10-12 weeks, with ‘customers’ saying that they had received delivery in 10 weeks, which sounded ok. I had to wait 24 weeks, from my order to delivery. The good side is that It is very easy to set it up & works great, really pleased with the whole set up. From Les Hoare
Swytch Bike is rated 4.38 based on 63 reviews