Swytch Bike Reviews

Martin
Mark West
Swytch Bike 5 star review on 15th December 2020
John Megoran
Good news universal kit arrived 4.12.2020 in great shape. Bad news pre order 18th May order locked 17th June 2020 delays due to demand for bike parts, covid, ship delays ever gentle ship anchored off Felixstowe for 2 weeks port in chaos, 2 weeks delay at customs due to covid.
Good news Installation took 40 minutes had file my forks thank goodness not carbon fibre, one locking nut on upside down however easy to install. Yes wires visible and bike heavier, (but not going to lift it). A great piece of kit. I would recommend the product. Revitalised a 1996 khd Montana crest bike. Rides well. Thanks swytch.
Swytch Bike 5 star review on 17th December 2020 Swytch Bike 5 star review on 17th December 2020 Swytch Bike 5 star review on 17th December 2020
So much fun to roll up hills with my turbo-charged Brompton since it got Swytched! It’s like having a gentle push from behind. The kit was fairly easy to install but I did get a final inspection from a local bike mechanic to make sure. It took a long time to arrive to my American door (no surprise right now) however it was worth the wait. And after reading the instructions I now spell tire the English way as “tyre.”
I must firstly give the the bad side - when I first ordered my Swytch Bike the delivery time was stated as 10-12 weeks, with ‘customers’ saying that they had received delivery in 10 weeks, which sounded ok.
I had to wait 24 weeks, from my order to delivery.

The good side is that It is very easy to set it up & works great, really pleased with the whole set up.

From Les Hoare
I met Swytch team via London cycle show 2017 by chance and I am impressed of the kit they developed. The idea of their kit is very good and simple. I pledged the brompton kit and received the kit in 2018. I did have a problem with the fitting and they have been very helpful to address it. I know their team is companding due to their success and I do recommend trying their kit out! You won't be disappointed!
Swytch Bike 5 star review on 27th February 2020
My kit arrived 2 months early, very pleased as was expecting it in March. Fitted super quickly to my Brompton B75 and I had a great first commute to work today in central London with it. Lovely stuff thanks Swytch!
Swytch Bike 5 star review on 23rd January 2020
() - Posted 1 year ago
its very powerful and easily to take the battery on and off
Swytch Bike 5 star review on 7th October 2019
I've had great fun with the kit from start to finish, and I'm not finished :) Thanks to the team at Swytch!
Swytch Bike 5 star review on 30th September 2019
LOVE MY SWYTCH! I am able to take my Brompton out everyday because I can now conquer all the hills with the pedal assist. I'm a middle aged not so fit woman just trying to use my bicycle more. Biking does not have to be painful anymore.
Swytch Bike 5 star review on 23rd September 2019
I am really happy with my Swytch kit, which is very easy to assemble, it works really well, I had some small problems, all solved with Swytch assistance.
I recommend it, I'm waiting to buy the new kit for my new Brompton !!!
Swytch Bike 5 star review on 14th September 2019
This kit as allowed me to get back on my bike again, I was a keen cyclist a number of years ago but got out of the habit now with the Swytch kit fitted its like having a partner helping me out. Still remember the first time I used the kit and was amazed at how much help I got.
Swytch Bike 5 star review on 13th September 2019
We are delighted with our Swytch-powered Tandem. It makes all the difference on the hills.
Even though we've fitted the Swytch motor to a heavy duty expedition tandem frame and with the weight of two people, we still get many miles of assistance. A second bonus was the thumb throttle ... an great boost for those tricky starts in heavy traffic.
Swytch Bike 5 star review on 13th September 2019
The kit was quite simple to install. The only part of the installation that is a little time consuming is having to install the inline sensors and longer brake cables. The complete bicycle is much lighter than and complete bicycles that I've seen and the battery/controller is very easy to remove to avoid theft. The motor produces very little drag when coasting, which is a constant concern for hub motors, and is very powerful and silent. The motor activates with less than a half rotation of the crankset and the brake sensors work flawlessly. I would highly recommend the Swytch kit to anyone looking to convert their daily rider to electric.
Swytch Bike 5 star review on 12th September 2019
The swytch kit is convenient you don't have to buy a new bike rather, you can convert your old bike into an e-bike. I have the 500w wheel, which has been great so far. I usually use the padel assist function when I am going to work or school so I don't sweat. It also comes in handy after soccer practice that when I usually go all out (23-25mph). Swytch makes life easier, it's a great convenience. The only issue that I have is with mileage I bought the 50 mile battery pack but I barely get 15 miles going on pedal assist 3. If the swytch team could fix that, then this product would deserve 5 stars.
Swytch Bike 4 star review on 8th September 2019
Having a Swytch bike kit allows bikers of different ability levels to enjoy riding together at a comfortable speed for both. Well made and designed.
Swytch Bike 5 star review on 1st September 2019
Great E Bike
Swytch Bike 5 star review on 31st August 2019
i have the 50 mile swytch kit fitted to a vodoo marasa the fitting took a couple of hours, only because i took my time to fit it properly, it is an excellent bit of kit and pulls my weight up big hills no problem. swytchbike as a company has come on leaps and bounds since i ordered the kit there were a few teething problems as with any start-up company but i would highly recommend them
Swytch Bike 5 star review on 31st August 2019
A very professional but approachable company and customer service.
All my interactions have been both positive and productive.
Would definitely recommend Swytch as both a company and a product.
Swytch Bike 5 star review on 31st August 2019
I'm so glad Swytch is bringing out a much improve and extended milage battery pack.Now I can cover my 20 miles round trip to work every day much faster. At work I park my bike outside the building, remove the battery pack and store it on top of my locker. At home I park my bike in the back garden take off the battery pack and charge for next days use. Its as simple as that every day.
Swytch Bike 5 star review on 30th August 2019
I like your communication. You are close to your costumers and that is good.
Swytch Bike 4 star review on 30th August 2019
I first heard about the Swytch start-up in 2017 and finally decided to take the risk on Indigogo in January 2018, then just over a year later my “50 mile” kit arrived. I have to confess that several missed promised delivery dates gave me some doubts. But the wait was worthwhile, this is brilliant. I fitted the kit to my steel-framed touring bike (Edward Warner, Reynolds 531 frame for those who love details). I had bought this bike second hand in the early 80s, when I was a student in London, but had not been using it much recently. Fitting the Swytch kit did need a little bit of work, but not much. The Swytch 700C wheel is a tiny bit smaller than the ‘vintage’ 27 ¼ it replaced, fortunately the brakes had enough adjustment to allow for this, and a new tyre and tube was needed. The quick release forks had to be filed to get the wheel to fit, I had to swap the torque washer on the lead side, and put a spacer in for the pedal sensor, all very easy once I had decided it was possible. It all fits and works. I was very pleased with my first test ride, despite the cold wind. No need to get off and push up hills. I was a bit disappointed at how slow 15mph is when the assistance cuts out (but I have since found that this is easy to override). I had drop handlebars and the extra weight of the battery pack made it feel a bit top-heavy and unstable. I put flat bars on and this cured things (or I got used to it). First longer ride was 14 miles each way, a 407 ft rise and 719 ft drop (and of course the other way round on the way back) there was still juice left but the meter suggested not much. I have not tried a longer run, I’m sure I’d get further on flatter land. The bike has been great, I use it to get into the nearby town and out into the local countryside for the sheer pleasure. The kit only let me down once, at the bottom of a long hill when it switched off and wouldn’t go back on. I did have the Hall by-pass lead with me, but had forgotten that this was what could happen. After I fitted the lead it works perfectly again, although I wonder if it is as smooth and if the range might be cut. I would suggest fitting it in the first place, as I'm not holding my breath for the firmware update. Anyway I now have a superb ebike that has transformed my well-loved old bike, and it has cost a great deal less than buying new (and I probably would never have done that). I live about 2 miles from a town, and I use the bike now instead of being lazy and driving. The long hill on the way back is now easily conquered. I am very pleased with it and highly recommend the Swytch kit, especially if you want to keep a bike you have. Well done Swytch!
Swytch Bike 5 star review on 28th August 2019