Swytch Bike Reviews

Swytch Bike 5 star review on 18th May 2021
Cristian Gradinaru
Swytch Bike 5 star review on 13th May 2021
Jonathan King
If possible this would be minus 5 stars! Do not buy!!! Absolutely terrible. Ordered a mountain bike wheel from them. The website, the specifications and the order process does NOT tell you anywhere that the wheel will NOT fit either of the modern axles for mountain bikes now - The axle on the wheel does not fit a QR9x100 fork nor a Maxle through fork - This was an order that was placed in the summer of last year with a delivery in January - and the wheel would only appear to fit a bike that has forks on it that would in way suit a mountain bike. Absolutely NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE! Customer service do not appear able to assist either!
I placed my order in July 2020 with a delivery time expected 12-14 weeks. Understandable given the business model. However, this did not happened. Delivery was postponed several times with absolute lack of clarity regarding the whole situation. The only email I received after the first one related to the order was the one saying I needed to pay 20% tax plus 5% import charges. After 6 long months of frustration (in which I contacted the customer service many times) and excuses they finally admitted they messed up. There was an administrative error with the order. I am not sure if this involved only my order but I did not expect such lack of committment from them. Anyway, after many emails exchanged and waste of precious time, they finally confirmed the order was ready to be collected by the courier. Of course no tracking number provided just a vague message saying “if you don’t hear from the courier within seven days ....” I received the kit a couple of days ago and I haven’t tried it yet as in the meantime I have sold my bike... Awful and very stressful experience. I will definetly not make the same mistake again.
Hi Francesco, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. As a growing start up, Swytch is always looking for ways to improve our customer experience as we know it will be vital for us to succeed in our mission. We are sorry to see that you do not believe you received the Swytch experience that we pride ourselves on, and that this has outweighed the quality of our product. We have been in touch via email to discus your experience with you. We look forward to hearing back from you. Kind Regards, Swytch Customer Support
Good news universal kit arrived 4.12.2020 in great shape. Bad news pre order 18th May order locked 17th June 2020 delays due to demand for bike parts, covid, ship delays ever gentle ship anchored off Felixstowe for 2 weeks port in chaos, 2 weeks delay at customs due to covid. Good news Installation took 40 minutes had file my forks thank goodness not carbon fibre, one locking nut on upside down however easy to install. Yes wires visible and bike heavier, (but not going to lift it). A great piece of kit. I would recommend the product. Revitalised a 1996 khd Montana crest bike. Rides well. Thanks swytch.
Swytch Bike 5 star review on 17th December 2020 Swytch Bike 5 star review on 17th December 2020 Swytch Bike 5 star review on 17th December 2020
So much fun to roll up hills with my turbo-charged Brompton since it got Swytched! It’s like having a gentle push from behind. The kit was fairly easy to install but I did get a final inspection from a local bike mechanic to make sure. It took a long time to arrive to my American door (no surprise right now) however it was worth the wait. And after reading the instructions I now spell tire the English way as “tyre.”
I must firstly give the the bad side - when I first ordered my Swytch Bike the delivery time was stated as 10-12 weeks, with ‘customers’ saying that they had received delivery in 10 weeks, which sounded ok. I had to wait 24 weeks, from my order to delivery. The good side is that It is very easy to set it up & works great, really pleased with the whole set up. From Les Hoare
I met Swytch team via London cycle show 2017 by chance and I am impressed of the kit they developed. The idea of their kit is very good and simple. I pledged the brompton kit and received the kit in 2018. I did have a problem with the fitting and they have been very helpful to address it. I know their team is companding due to their success and I do recommend trying their kit out! You won't be disappointed!
Swytch Bike 5 star review on 27th February 2020
My kit arrived 2 months early, very pleased as was expecting it in March. Fitted super quickly to my Brompton B75 and I had a great first commute to work today in central London with it. Lovely stuff thanks Swytch!
Swytch Bike 5 star review on 23rd January 2020
() - Posted 1 year ago
700km and still running! The only disadvantage so far is the rim of the wheel seems slightly bigger causing the outer tube changeing very difficult.
Swytch Bike 4 star review on 7th October 2019
its very powerful and easily to take the battery on and off
Swytch Bike 5 star review on 7th October 2019
I've had great fun with the kit from start to finish, and I'm not finished :) Thanks to the team at Swytch!
Swytch Bike 5 star review on 30th September 2019
LOVE MY SWYTCH! I am able to take my Brompton out everyday because I can now conquer all the hills with the pedal assist. I'm a middle aged not so fit woman just trying to use my bicycle more. Biking does not have to be painful anymore.
Swytch Bike 5 star review on 23rd September 2019
I am really happy with my Swytch kit, which is very easy to assemble, it works really well, I had some small problems, all solved with Swytch assistance. I recommend it, I'm waiting to buy the new kit for my new Brompton !!!
Swytch Bike 5 star review on 14th September 2019
This kit as allowed me to get back on my bike again, I was a keen cyclist a number of years ago but got out of the habit now with the Swytch kit fitted its like having a partner helping me out. Still remember the first time I used the kit and was amazed at how much help I got.
Swytch Bike 5 star review on 13th September 2019
We are delighted with our Swytch-powered Tandem. It makes all the difference on the hills. Even though we've fitted the Swytch motor to a heavy duty expedition tandem frame and with the weight of two people, we still get many miles of assistance. A second bonus was the thumb throttle ... an great boost for those tricky starts in heavy traffic.
Swytch Bike 5 star review on 13th September 2019
The kit was quite simple to install. The only part of the installation that is a little time consuming is having to install the inline sensors and longer brake cables. The complete bicycle is much lighter than and complete bicycles that I've seen and the battery/controller is very easy to remove to avoid theft. The motor produces very little drag when coasting, which is a constant concern for hub motors, and is very powerful and silent. The motor activates with less than a half rotation of the crankset and the brake sensors work flawlessly. I would highly recommend the Swytch kit to anyone looking to convert their daily rider to electric.
Swytch Bike 5 star review on 12th September 2019
The swytch kit is convenient you don't have to buy a new bike rather, you can convert your old bike into an e-bike. I have the 500w wheel, which has been great so far. I usually use the padel assist function when I am going to work or school so I don't sweat. It also comes in handy after soccer practice that when I usually go all out (23-25mph). Swytch makes life easier, it's a great convenience. The only issue that I have is with mileage I bought the 50 mile battery pack but I barely get 15 miles going on pedal assist 3. If the swytch team could fix that, then this product would deserve 5 stars.
Swytch Bike 4 star review on 8th September 2019
Having a Swytch bike kit allows bikers of different ability levels to enjoy riding together at a comfortable speed for both. Well made and designed.
Swytch Bike 5 star review on 1st September 2019
Great E Bike
Swytch Bike 5 star review on 31st August 2019
i have the 50 mile swytch kit fitted to a vodoo marasa the fitting took a couple of hours, only because i took my time to fit it properly, it is an excellent bit of kit and pulls my weight up big hills no problem. swytchbike as a company has come on leaps and bounds since i ordered the kit there were a few teething problems as with any start-up company but i would highly recommend them
Swytch Bike 5 star review on 31st August 2019
A very professional but approachable company and customer service. All my interactions have been both positive and productive. Would definitely recommend Swytch as both a company and a product.
Swytch Bike is rated 4.56 based on 48 reviews