Swytch Bike Reviews

of reviewers recommend Swytch Bike
its very powerful and easily to take the battery on and off
its very powerful and easily to take the battery on and off
I've had great fun with the kit from start to finish, and I'm not finished :) Thanks to the team at Swytch!
LOVE MY SWYTCH! I am able to take my Brompton out everyday because I can now conquer all the hills with the pedal assist. I'm a middle aged not so fit woman just trying to use my bicycle more. Biking does not have to be painful anymore.
I am really happy with my Swytch kit, which is very easy to assemble, it works really well, I had some small problems, all solved with Swytch assistance. I recommend it, I'm waiting to buy the new kit for my new Brompton !!!
This kit as allowed me to get back on my bike again, I was a keen cyclist a number of years ago but got out of the habit now with the Swytch kit fitted its like having a partner helping me out. Still remember the first time I used the kit and was amazed at how much help I got.
We are delighted with our Swytch-powered Tandem. It makes all the difference on the hills. Even though we've fitted the Swytch motor to a heavy duty expedition tandem frame and with the weight of two people, we still get many miles of assistance. A second bonus was the thumb throttle ... an great boost for those tricky starts in heavy traffic.
The kit was quite simple to install. The only part of the installation that is a little time consuming is having to install the inline sensors and longer brake cables. The complete bicycle is much lighter than and complete bicycles that I've seen and the battery/controller is very easy to remove to avoid theft. The motor produces very little drag when coasting, which is a constant concern for hub motors, and is very powerful and silent. The motor activates with less than a half rotation of the crankset and the brake sensors work flawlessly. I would highly recommend the Swytch kit to anyone looking to convert their daily rider to electric.
The swytch kit is convenient you don't have to buy a new bike rather, you can convert your old bike into an e-bike. I have the 500w wheel, which has been great so far. I usually use the padel assist function when I am going to work or school so I don't sweat. It also comes in handy after soccer practice that when I usually go all out (23-25mph). Swytch makes life easier, it's a great convenience. The only issue that I have is with mileage I bought the 50 mile battery pack but I barely get 15 miles going on pedal assist 3. If the swytch team could fix that, then this product would deserve 5 stars.
Having a Swytch bike kit allows bikers of different ability levels to enjoy riding together at a comfortable speed for both. Well made and designed.
Great E Bike
i have the 50 mile swytch kit fitted to a vodoo marasa the fitting took a couple of hours, only because i took my time to fit it properly, it is an excellent bit of kit and pulls my weight up big hills no problem. swytchbike as a company has come on leaps and bounds since i ordered the kit there were a few teething problems as with any start-up company but i would highly recommend them
A very professional but approachable company and customer service. All my interactions have been both positive and productive. Would definitely recommend Swytch as both a company and a product.
I'm so glad Swytch is bringing out a much improve and extended milage battery pack.Now I can cover my 20 miles round trip to work every day much faster. At work I park my bike outside the building, remove the battery pack and store it on top of my locker. At home I park my bike in the back garden take off the battery pack and charge for next days use. Its as simple as that every day.
I like your communication. You are close to your costumers and that is good.
I first heard about the Swytch start-up in 2017 and finally decided to take the risk on Indigogo in January 2018, then just over a year later my “50 mile” kit arrived. I have to confess that several missed promised delivery dates gave me some doubts. But the wait was worthwhile, this is brilliant. I fitted the kit to my steel-framed touring bike (Edward Warner, Reynolds 531 frame for those who love details). I had bought this bike second hand in the early 80s, when I was a student in London, but had not been using it much recently. Fitting the Swytch kit did need a little bit of work, but not much. The Swytch 700C wheel is a tiny bit smaller than the ‘vintage’ 27 ¼ it replaced, fortunately the brakes had enough adjustment to allow for this, and a new tyre and tube was needed. The quick release forks had to be filed to get the wheel to fit, I had to swap the torque washer on the lead side, and put a spacer in for the pedal sensor, all very easy once I had decided it was possible. It all fits and works. I was very pleased with my first test ride, despite the cold wind. No need to get off and push up hills. I was a bit disappointed at how slow 15mph is when the assistance cuts out (but I have since found that this is easy to override). I had drop handlebars and the extra weight of the battery pack made it feel a bit top-heavy and unstable. I put flat bars on and this cured things (or I got used to it). First longer ride was 14 miles each way, a 407 ft rise and 719 ft drop (and of course the other way round on the way back) there was still juice left but the meter suggested not much. I have not tried a longer run, I’m sure I’d get further on flatter land. The bike has been great, I use it to get into the nearby town and out into the local countryside for the sheer pleasure. The kit only let me down once, at the bottom of a long hill when it switched off and wouldn’t go back on. I did have the Hall by-pass lead with me, but had forgotten that this was what could happen. After I fitted the lead it works perfectly again, although I wonder if it is as smooth and if the range might be cut. I would suggest fitting it in the first place, as I'm not holding my breath for the firmware update. Anyway I now have a superb ebike that has transformed my well-loved old bike, and it has cost a great deal less than buying new (and I probably would never have done that). I live about 2 miles from a town, and I use the bike now instead of being lazy and driving. The long hill on the way back is now easily conquered. I am very pleased with it and highly recommend the Swytch kit, especially if you want to keep a bike you have. Well done Swytch!
Service and support from Swytch Bike are second to none. Other service and product providers could learn a lot from the attention given to ensuring satisfactory functioning of the kit.
I ordered two 50 mile kits for my bromptons, a 2014 and a 2006 models. The older brompton needed extra care when fitting, otherwise it was just a matter of following the instructions. And not forgetting the wonderful community at the Swytch Support Forum where one can find a lots of helpful suggestions and tips. Our swytch bromptons make us go out and explore wonderful places!!!
I ordered my Swytch kit as one of the original Indiegogo backers and it was fascinating to watch the company overcome some of the hurdles to get the project - about which they were obviously passionate - off the ground. It was worth the wait!
Well worth waiting for my Swytch Bike Kit, very clear instruction manual & videos,I got so much pleasure in installing my kit,I’m 68 year of age ,it was so much fun and still is riding my bike with help from the electric motor ,it’s definitely going to prolong my cycle rides until I’m at least 90 ,looking forward to taking my Switch bike up to Scotland to do some rides I went on 25 years ago.
Swytch Bike is rated 4.74 based on 39 reviews