WED2B Reviews

of reviewers recommend WED2B
Best Customer Support in the Reviews.io Customer Voice Awards, Winter 2019
Read WED2B Reviews

About WED2B:

With bridal stores nationwide, open 7 days a week, our Bridal Consultants are always available to help you find the perfect style and fit. We don’t offer appointments! Browse & try on as many dresses as you wish without the need to book in advance & once you find the one you can purchase your dress on the day to take home. With dresses £599 and under (Excluding Platinum Edition) we are proud to offer beautiful and exclusive wedding dresses without the luxury price tag. We believe it’s the perfect marriage of quality, luxury & affordability!

01908 061 341

WED2B 5 star review on 29th December 2018
Leah
WED2B 5 star review on 19th December 2018
Sophie Bainbridge
I wasn't happy with my FIRST experience on trying on dresses and now I feel no excitement in looking for my own. I got told to sit down and that the woman would pick 4 dresses out for me to try on. The dresses were all in plastic and I'd happily wear gloves and handsanitiser but I wasnt even allowed to pick dresses I liked. Every dress I was given I didn't like and felt old fashioned for me. I was made to feel pressured and picky and all I wanted to do was leave and cry. I'm now nervous for other dress appointments I go to.
I am so sorry to see that you did not enjoy your experience in the store. Please be assured that this is not the experience we want our brides to have.

If you would like to discuss this further please do email info@wed2b.com and we will be more than happy to help
Geholpen door Tiffani in Zaandam. Wij misten een beetje het persoonlijke contact. Er werd niets over de trouwdag gevraagd en er werd in die paar uur niets te drinken aangeboden aan mijn entourage. Het was voornamelijk zakelijk en de ruimte voelde een beetje kill aan. Alle trouwjurken hingen in zakken waardoor je deze in eerste instantie niet zelf mocht bekijken (of de entourage). De verkoop kwam op het einde een beetje opdringerig over. Bij de accessoires werd meerdere malen gezegd op=op terwijl ik nog even bedenktijd nodig heb. Al met al was dit jammer voor de gehele ervaring.
We arrived at the store quite late. An hour before closing time. Once we arrived we were greeted with hostility. The lady, I believe her name was Kerry was very closed off and completely shut down every request we made. Everything was a “no” or “we don’t offer that” half way through my sentence. I think she judged us from the beginning and thought we were going to waste her time. They do not like brides who have a particular vision in their head of what they want exactly because they want to persuade you to buy one of theirs. I asked for long sleeves and even offered to show her pictures and she immediately shut it down saying they don’t do long sleeves. Eventually we got tired of her rudeness and I offered to just leave. As I was walking towards the door she offered to show me some of what they do have and all of a sudden her mood changed. She showed me some dresses even though they weren’t what I was looking for and offered to fit me in. However I suspect she only became nicer to us once she realised I needed a dress as soon as possible as my wedding was near. We tried on some dresses and her commentary throughout was completely unnecessary as if she was pressuring me to buy the dress. I felt awkward and uncomfortable with her being there when the dresses were on. All in all it was a bad experience and I would not recommend that store at all.
The dress is perfect and I can’t imagine wearing anything else! However the staff are pushy and just want you to spend more money. I am disgusted that the underskirt is 74.99 if your slim and if your a bit larger you have to pay 94.99. This is unacceptable and would not ever recommend anyone to buy a wedding dress here. The experience with my family was lovely but I only got shown one belt, one veil and one hair accessory which when I looked online were all the most expensive things you sold. This shop is purely to sell sell sell and in my eyes goes against everything you want when buying a wedding dress and feeling forced into buying things you don’t actually want like storage and accessories.
No consideration for COVID 19 bad customer service only wanted an exchange due to my daughters wedding being cancelled through no fault of her own. Thought there would be more understanding and consideration.
I visited Wed2B Leeds on the 8th March 2020 with my 3 bridesmaids. Although I did end up buying a dress that I love, I wasn't particularly impressed by the experience. I went for two 'rounds' in the changing rooms (as you are only allowed to try on 4 dressed in each round). The first stylist I worked with didn't listen to me at all, she swapped dresses that I wanted to try with ones she thought I might like - including mega sparkly ones after I told her I hated sparkly, and insisted on putting a belt on with everything even when I told her I didn't like it...

The second stylist was far more helpful and really did make useful suggestions, however I felt very rushed into making a decision. Once I'd bought my dress, she then gave me a hard sell on a £50 storage box, hanger with decal and a bride dressing gown, despite me repeatedly turning them down... She seemed unimpressed by my decision not to purchase the box deal or any accessories, and I felt that despite spending £599 with yourselves, they were a bit 'funny' with me after that point.

Some lovely dresses at great prices, and I do love my dress. Shame about the overall experience given on the day. It would have been nice to have coffee/tea or drinks available whilst waiting as we did wait a while, I understand that drinks are a risk near the dresses but surely a contained 'waiting area' would negate that risk?!? We left thirsty and a pretty disappointed with the day.

I'd be hesitant to recommend Wed2B to anyone wanting a proper 'bridal' experience!
(WED2B Leeds) - Posted 10 months ago
I had a very good experience trying on different dresses and eventually choosing my dream dress with a lovely consultant. But I was left with a bitter taste in my mouth. Whilst putting my clothes back on, the consultant said she would box my dress up with non-staining tissue paper, etc..... which sounded lovely. However, when I got to the till, the price for my dress and added belt was more than I had calculated. The consultant said the extra cost was for the box....£45!! I said I’d just take the dress in the dress carrier then, which the consultant said would still cost an extra £16 (£10 for the bag and £6 for the hangar)!! I asked if I could just take the dress on it’s own then? The consultant looked at me and said “so you want to take your wedding dress home in a plastic bag”?!!
In the end I opted to pay the extra £16 and buy the hangar, £6 and not even a nice padded hangar...... just plain wood! and the carrier! Such a shame to leave the shop, with this bitter taste in my mouth, after what had been a lovely experience up to that point. I would suggest to build the cost of a carrier and hangar into all dresses so that this can be complimentary and customers leave your shops feeling like the special ‘bride to be’ that we all are.... on a very special shopping trip! Very disappointed 😔
I felt nervous being an 'older' bride - but was made to feel at ease immediately; all the staff were friendly and helpful, and went the 'extra mile' for me to make my experience memorable for all the right reasons. I was Rachael's first bride and I wouldn't have known she was a trainee; she was very professional and and well supported, without being over-intrusive, by the rest of the staff.
Ordered a bridesmaid dress in a 14 as we were told that is what my friend was wearing. Its came way smaller than size guide and since also found the girl mis-sized the sample and we ordered the dress on false information. Can now only get another dress if I pay half the cost plus Express delivery which is what Wed2b deem fair. Not only was the wrong size ordered but we have been sent a dress 4 inches off your official size guide. 3 months until wedding and have 1 bridesmaid without a dress. Wouldn't recommend using for dresses, yes they seem more affordable but whole process has been a joke and staff since ordering have been less than helpful.

Giving 2 stars as staff member on the day was very helpful just made a simple human error and got the size wrong. If only the company would take responsibility.
Staff were friendly but website is misleading. You are led to believe that all dresses are available in all sizes. However, they only had 4 dresses available in my daughter’s size, none of which she liked. They advised that was all they had and to try again next week but no guarantees what sizes the new dresses would be available in. Not the most positive experience when looking for your dream dress!
My dress ended up being beautiful after being taken in by three sizes, despite my having put on weight between buying it and getting alterations, but it would have been lovelier had I been sold the right size in the first place.
My seamstress (not the one recommended by the shop - she ignored my calls which having told her who'd recommended me rang alarm bells) advised that I should ask for a refund.
I'd recommend Wed2Be, but only if you go in knowing that they're not counting on repeat custom.
Inexperienced staff not listening!
There was no suggestion of size or style. I was urged to buy the dress encase anyone else bought it but was told I had 14 days to return and it was totaly fine to bring my bridesmaids with me to show them and make sure I had made the right choice and dont need to return. The girl that was getting me into the dress ended up really flustered as someone was clearly trying to get her to hurry up as though i didnt matter as I had paid for this dress already. I felt i needed to hurry up. I felt as though the dress was too big and i explained i had just had a baby so i will be planning to loose more weight. They said i can go down 2 sizes anyway. I have since taken it to a seemstrist who has told me it will take alot of work as it is way too big just now never mind if i loose weight. Surely i should have been advised to go back and look at a smaller size. I messaged the facebook page today asked asked if it is available in the smaller size to get a reply and say the dress isnt made in blush. But I have it in blush? Not very happy
(Glasgow) - Posted 1 year ago
We visited the Southampton store yesterday looking for bridesmaid dresses. We have found two lovely dresses that we needed certain sizes for. Now I understand that a dress shop can't stock every dress in every size and colour, but we needed what I would call all standard sizes. Of the dresses my bridesmaids did manage to try on, in the larger sizes mostly, most if not all of them had broken zips.
The lighting was so bad in there all the colours looked wrong.
I asked the girl if there was a way we could order in the two styles in all the sizes we wanted and they said they couldn't do that without us committing to buying them all. So I enquired about just one of the sizes in both dresses so we could try them on without a broken zip, at home in a better light. But no you cant do that either.

Unfortunately we ended up leaving without buying anything. I have 5 bridesmaids so they have lost quite a good sale and I am really disappointed that they couldn't do anything for us.

Because we liked the dresses so much and I can't find them elsewhere I am hoping your Camberley branch will be a much better experience and have better choice for trying on! Fingers crossed
(WED2B Southampton) - Posted 1 year ago
Horrible. Didn't feel special. Felt like I was in a cattle market and couldn't wait to get out of there. I gave 2 stars rather than 1 because the staff were wonderful and couldn't do enough, but the whole set up and the way you feel rushed is just awful. However the dress and accessories were great vfm and high quality. Very little choice for bigger ladies. My wedding dress is 3 sizes larger than my normal size so forget choice if your larger than a 14.
I found my perfect dress, and I bought it etc, however when I took it home to hang I found that it was broken. I emailed to complain and nothing has been sorted out, all they said was they was going to refund me £10 which is not acceptable for the damage that is done!!! Will not recommend them at all!
(WED2B Bristol) - Posted 1 year ago
Went to the Bournemouth Store today with my Daughter who was trying on wedding dresses for the first time EVER. The start of the day was lovely, we were greeted and were shown different choices and started to try on the lovely dresses. However, throughout trying on each of the dresses the manager interjected her thoughts and feelings, in which were all were very unpleasant/negative and were NOT needed. After we had tried of the fourth dress, the assistant allowed us to try one more style to see if she liked it. We noticed a slight increase of shoppers and as my daughter was stood on the plinth the manger, once again said something very negative and RUDE, (there were new customers waiting for fittings at this point) and told us that we 'snuck in an extra dress?' and we had to go out of the store to think about hat we wanted as we had already tried on five dress - again, my daughter had NEVER tried any wedding dress on before, how is she meant to know what style suits her? The manger was very abrupt and I saw my daughters confidence drop and she was distraught by the way she spoke to us, which made my daughter leave the store very tearful. This defiantly made us all question whether we even wanted to go back and try again?
Fortunately we did go back, as she had spotted a dress she loved. We were greeted by a different assistant who was LOVELY, but throughout the time we were back in the shop, the manager did not look, approach, speak or smile to any one of us, which was disgusting. Customer service from the manger was APPALLING. The shop assistant's were amazing and they were the reason why we found the perfect dress. NOT HER. Very saddening for my daughter as she is now going to remember this experience and that has tarred the memory of buying her wedding dress. We hope you find this helpful, and use it as feedback for the manger and store.
(WED2B Bournemouth) - Posted 1 year ago
I went to WED2B in Bromley, and bought my wedding dress for my upcoming wedding in September. After leaving the store and having a think I realised that the dress I bought wasn’t for me so I called them up and thankfully they agreed to let me exchange my dress as I made this decision after the return time within there policy. When I went back I fell in love with a beautiful platinum dress but it still wasn’t 100% what I had in mind but I reassured that I could make the alterations needed to make it my dream dress. So I agreed to buy it and paid the extra money, I was told when leaving the shop that if I changed my mind or anything again they wouldn’t be able to help me. So I thought fair enough because I have just what I wanted and I can get it altered using there recommended tailors.

So... a few weeks pass and it’s time to get my dress altered, I was so excited as I hadn’t seen it since I bought it. I took it to the recommended tailor from WED2B and I was gutted, because of the detailing on my dress ect I am unable to get my dress altered to be my dream dress. The tailor explained that WED2B sell these dresses to women promising them that all these alterations can be done when in reality they can’t without ruining the original dress or damaging the tailors equipment. The to make matters worse... the tailor found HOLES in my dress... I would have never of been able to see them as it was on the buttoning at the back of my dress but the shop assistant would of defiantly noticed this as she done the dress up. I’m totally devastated as I now have this dress that I’m stuck with, that can’t be altered to the way i has imaged (but was told I could) and full of holes. It’s going to cost me money to have the dress repaired and has totally ruined this important moment is brides long for. I understand now why they were so adamant that they could do nothing for me once I had left the store. Although I really do appreciate that I was able to change my dress even after the allowed return time it’s bitter sweet as I now have a dress that damaged and won’t be how I had visioned it in the moment of trying it on.
(Bromley) - Posted 1 year ago
I was led to the “larger section” after being told disapprovingly
there wasn’t many in my size. I’m a petite size 12/14 and was quite taken a back by their approach. The toilets resembled something you’d see at a festival and the staff who were huddled chatting amongst themselves didn’t seem bothered. It was my first experience of trying dresses on, and I didn’t even bother. We left after 20 mins as we were left amongst rows and rows of “larger” dresses and I was so upset. I didn’t find a dream Dress at Wed2Be, I was appalled by the entire experience so your email requesting for feedback was humorous.
As soon as i walked into store was asked for full contact details. Given the reasoning & insistence that it was necessary "for fire health & safety" when questioned! Then my partner & i felt whispering & discussions to then be told we would not be allowed in the main changing area as he was male & they didn't want to make other women uncomfortable. Fair enough we thought & went to the more open area. Then 2 other blokes with a female came out of the said dressing area with another bride to be !!! Then, i was told i had to wear a hair net over my face as they "didn't want my sweat over their dresses"!!!! I don't wear makeup nor was i sweaty!!!! THEN, despite asking to step into the dresses as i have a bad shoulder, was told i had to dive arm first into all of them and no offer of assistance whatsoever to help me step into the underskirts she insisted i also wear.
As if that all wasn't uncomfortable experience enough, the young lady then proceeded to flatter me incongruently on dresses that quite clearly bunched in all the wrong places or were ill fitted, explaining to me that those bunches would drop out with a good steaming.

Run by young staff who seemed lacking in finesse, experience, tact & sincerity in my opinion.

Dresses were reasonably priced but lacked choice in my size range of 14/16.
Hello, we apologise for your dissatisfying experience in one of our stores. If you would like to discuss this matter further with us, please email info@wed2b.co.uk
WED2B is rated 4.91 based on 8,363 reviews