We Buy Any Car Reviews

of reviewers recommend We Buy Any Car
Telephone
Read We Buy Any Car Reviews

About We Buy Any Car:

We're the UK's largest car buying service and have helped over 2 million customers to sell their car since 2006. Our simple three step process provides our customers with a quick, easy, safe and convenient way of selling their car. Free from the hassles of private sale and the inevitable haggle of part-exchange. But believe it or not, we do more than just buy cars.

With over 700 employees and over 350 branches nationwide, we're a pretty big team and there's a lot that goes on behind the scenes.

Tell us how We Buy Any Car made you happy
Just one word Avoid avoid and avoid at all cost.
I showed up for my appointment at the Basingstoke branch on time. When I I arrived at the door the only guy working was dealing with someone else that what looked like was buying a car. I was standing at the door and wasn't acknowledged by the guy working there, he then shut the door in my face without saying a word to me. I opened the door and asked if I was at the right place which he responded yeah (in a rude tone) so I left.
Absolutely shocking customer service from this guy and from what I've read, I'm not the first one to experience it.
Absolutely horrendous my car is valued at 3k and they offer me £855 haha this company shouldn’t exist
Where are they getting there prices from Please tell me where you can buy a 16 plate Citreon C4 Picasso 1.6 hdi bluedrive with 43'000 on the clock for £1695 and that's before they have seen it PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME WHERE I WILL BUY 3 AT THAT PRICE.
Quoted £5,750 online and even entered any chips and scuffs I could see, so the price would be close to what they would offer when I got down there. The lady went around my car and noted the same chips I had already informed them of online, but also ran her fingers down the car to find the smallest chips possible that aren’t even visible to the eye! I doubt WBAC would even bother sorting them out in the body shop they were that small. Anyway, the car is in perfect condition otherwise yet somehow the quote went down to just over £3,600. Do they think I’m that desperate! I did the online quote again when I got home and entered the same information with the ‘additional’ chips she found and was quoted £5450! Unbelievable! Do yourself a favour and take your car to a dealer or sell it privately.
Your Guaranteed value is just a ploy to get you in.
I arranged to take my car into your Bath branch yesterday, after being offered £9310.0. What a mistake. I had the car Mot’d and valeted the day before and it was pretty much immaculate, with no dents or scratches. You agent then proceeded to reduce the quote by over £400, due to three tiny stone chip touch ups.
Appalled is all I can say. When people are having a tough time, you give them another kick
Avoid this company like the plague.
Typed in two registrations and the initial valuation is 30% less than it should be for both vehicles.I work at cars and know their value. Seems like they want to get rich real quick at the expense of others. What a joke of a company. Well done Phillip schofield
Knocked over £2000 off estimate for literally minor stone chips on the bonnet and a sticker on the windscreen
They quoted me £16,250 online but on seeing the car wanted to take off over £1,200 to deal with minor scuffs that they admitted would only cost about £100 to repair. Avoid at all costs.
Quoted £1700 3 times online booked appointment then an email came through saying £600 they never even saw the vehicle but reduced it by £1100 Don't waste your time sold the vehicle the next week for £2000
Why anyone would use this company I dont know. The price quoted online bears no resemblance to the price they tell you at the appointment, reducing the amount offered for minor scratches and blemishes on what in my case was an 11 year old car. You can get a better price from your local car dealer.
Incompetent employees that make this service unusable. The evaluation from the website for my car was £7,700, but the idiot working in Harrow calculated £150. When I tried to explain to him that he got the details wrong he was rude and yelled at me saying that that's it and I should take it or leave it. It's a joke of a company
I sold a car to them in 2014. Online I was quoted £550. When I got there, they told me that it had been previously written off (before I owned it and not to my knowledge) and therefore could only give me scrap money for it (£50). I was informed they would arrange for the car to be scrapped. I was checking the MOT of my current car and out of curiosity, put in my old car Reg - It was still being MOTd up until 2019!!! We Buy Any Car lied to me, saying they were scrapping it, and sold it on themselves.
If i could give 0 stars i would. Definitely keep away from WBAC!!!! I have 100% learnt my lesson. The man manipulated me first by lying to me and quoting me a different price to what he finally wrote on the contract. I was reading the contract before signing it but he distracted me and I LOST £1000!! Honestly I feel gutted and enraged. After I'd spotted the mistake whilst still in the office, he laughed and refused to admit that he had quoted me the incorrect figure. If I'd have known this would happen I'd never have wasted my time here!! The evaluations are definitely close to reality, they care only about their own profit and not about the customer!!! AVOID
Champion. I thought it was going to be really difficult. Approached a couple of garages, and then I found James at the Cambridge branch of Webuyanycar. Clear communication politely presented. Not too onerous on the admin front and bang the best price I have been offered. Well done guys and in particular James.
Online Valuation £1,100, Offer £300

I bought my car new. Cared for with full main dealer service history and 12 months MOT. After an online valuation of £1,100, I was offered £300 subject a £50 agency fee to Webuyanycar; there is also a fee of £25 if you do not wish to wait 4 days for payment. So I would have received £225.

Bizarrely, within 5 minutes of arrival I was asked to sign a 3 page document. Having legal experience I looked at this closely to find that I was being asked to agree to paint spraying. My question as to why this was required and even before the price was agreed was met with, "Well you do not have to sign it if you don't want to."

I initially went to Webuyanycar based on the high ratings on Trustpilot ?? together with the online valuation. I thought I was dealing with a professional organisation, but found myself with a sole trader at the bottom end of the used car market, stating his intention to resell the car at the auction house on the same industrial estate.
If you have a loan theres no way to get rid of your car you have to pay the negative equity its just like a regular dealership any money offered will go to that so you really dont get help just a trick to get you in there its overrated
Arrived at Northampton branch where a completely useless idiot proceeded to run at what he believed to be a scratch. If he had continued a scratch would have appeared with there being dust in the car. Then went in to say he would have to reduce the offer by almost £500 as "we buy any car would replace the panel" what a joke a teaspoon of t cut would have removed the scratch he put on door.
A complete scam.
Take my advice avoid the place. The guy in Northampton branch is a jumped up little jobs worth.
Philip Schofield must be so proud he put his name to advertising this company!!!
Waste of our time. Had a price on the Internet and then got to the depot to be offered 30% less. Car in in excellent condition and the sales person couldn't fault it, just excuses about the current situation. Which begs the question why offer 30% more to get you to drive there. Just be honest with the Internet price and stop wasting people's time. Are people really that desperate that they would take the deal.
We Buy Any Car is rated 1.22 based on 185 reviews