We Buy Any Car Reviews

of reviewers recommend We Buy Any Car
Telephone
Read We Buy Any Car Reviews

About We Buy Any Car:

We're the UK's largest car buying service and have helped over 2 million customers to sell their car since 2006. Our simple three step process provides our customers with a quick, easy, safe and convenient way of selling their car. Free from the hassles of private sale and the inevitable haggle of part-exchange. But believe it or not, we do more than just buy cars.

With over 700 employees and over 350 branches nationwide, we're a pretty big team and there's a lot that goes on behind the scenes.

Tell us how We Buy Any Car made you happy
We sold the car on Monday, 22 March and was promised our payment on Friday, 27 March and we still have not been paid. I have sent emails and the Port Talbot branch is closed. It is a large amount of money and it is extremely worring that no payment has been made yet.
Hi Roxanna, thank you for your feedback.

I'm sorry to hear this and appreciate your concerns.

You should always be paid on the date stated on your signed invoice. If for any reason this isn't possible, we'll email you in advance to make you aware of this, along with the reasons why and next steps to take.

If you're still awaiting payment, please email talktousnow@webuyanycar.com and our Customer Care team will be happy to assist further.

Mikki
Online Valuation £1,200
Actual Valuation £97 (excluding transaction fee)
= 91.9167% decrease.

It took me approximately 11 miles one-way to find that out and 12 miles one-way for my father to drive too, in case I needed a lift back. Luckily, the man giving the valuation had no personality and ability to smile or give a good customer experience or they may have also charged me for that.

Why would anyone sell to webuyanycar.com?????
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback and apologies for any disappointment caused.

Please note, there are no transaction fees on purchases of this amount.

We use exactly the same pricing system on our website as our buyers do in branch. Therefore if the condition/details of the car entered online matches our assessment of your car, then we offer a price which matches the online valuation. However if the details provided online are not accurate this will affect the final price offered.

We’re sorry that on this occasion the final price offered failed to meet with your expectations. This said; we offer a no obligation service which means if the price we offer isn’t acceptable, you are never under any obligation to sell to us.

The WBAC Team
Quoted a low but fair price online turn up at valuation to have £1200 knocked off the price for a tiny dent in the bumper (which I will get out with a hot air gun) and two dings in the door!! The other “scratches” were non existent foliage marks from parking next to a hedge. £5400 for a 10 year old top spec Land Rover with 95k on the clock, no faults at all and a dealer service history? Rubbish, what a waste of time!
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, we really appreciate it.

Our online valuations are calculated using only the information that our customers provide, therefore if no scuffs, chips, scratches or dents are declared at this point, the valuation provided will be reflective of this. Whilst we accept that the majority of used cars will have experienced a certain amount of wear and tear, we make no assumptions about the extent of this as it can vary greatly from vehicle to vehicle and we instead rely on our customers to describe the vehicles they have in their possession.

Should you feel that it's more cost efficient to have any repairs carried out yourself in your own time, that's not a problem. If you bring your vehicle back to us in the same condition that you described it as online, you'll certainly achieve your online valuation.

The WBAC Team
What a joke absolute waste of time. They valued my car at £14350 when I have been offered £22000 and £22750 by dealers against a new car.
Where is the saving, thank you Mr Scofield won't be using We Buy Any Car and advise others don't be taken in by smart advertising.
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, Paul, we really appreciate it.

We’re really sorry if the valuation wasn’t what you wanted for your vehicle. Our business offers people the chance to get an online valuation, which asks you to provide us with a range of information including age and mileage. We use this information to provide you with an online valuation.

We have a team of Pricing Analysts who are constantly monitoring the value of used cars. They track various factors such as demand, availability of a particular model and current sale prices we are experiencing for such vehicles. Our online valuations are calculated in response to their findings. We don't claim to offer the best price in every instance, but what we do offer is a safe, quick and hassle free alternative to selling your vehicle. If you are looking to secure the most amount of money, selling directly to a private buyer can often help to achieve this.

The WBAC Team
Absolute 100% con this company they gave me a price over the phone own then when I took it down to them they said they could not give me the price as it's got to be in showroom condition what 5-year car is in showroom condition it had £1,000 worth of tyres on it but they said it doesn't matter if it comes in near the Bold tyres as long as they were legal but didn't take that into consideration it had only done 23000 miles absolute total rip-off the company would not go near this with a barge pole
Hi there, thank you for your review!

Please note, an online valuation is required in order for us to provide you an accurate valuation. This also takes things such as mileage and a good condition of your car and tyres into consideration.

The WBAC Team
Quote high to draw you in and then offer low.
Sorry to hear that you feel this to be the case.

Your valuation would only ever change at an appointment if you're outside of your 4 day Price Promise period, or if there are discrepancies between the information that you entered about your car online and the car itself.

For the most accurate valuation possible, we'd recommend fully detailing the condition of your car under the 'Make & edit changes' section when obtaining your online valuation, so that we can take any damages/missing components into account.

The WBAC Team
Car was quoted £1000 then at the appointment was only offered £600. Which was a total rip off! Only 69k miles for an 08 plate fiesta. Interior was immaculate, new tyres, little scrape on the passenger rear door and started first time in all that snowy weather! Only thing that may of let it down was 1 rusted window wiper! Would never go back to them...was offered more from Arnold Clark but I never imagined they would take 400 off! Awful service!!
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, we really appreciate it and apologise for any disappointment caused.

Please note, the mileage, age and overall good condition of your car is already taken into account when you obtain your online valuation.

The WBAC Team
Wish I’d read the reviews before going down to meet the rep. Offered a £1200 less than the online price, stone chips and several car park dings don’t add upto that imo. You’d expect the online valuation to consider a 12 year old car with 90,000miles isn’t going to be in showroom condition. When i emphasised I’d get at least the online valuation through a private sale the rep was quite belittling with that idea. Terrible outfit, surprised they even sustain a business.
So sorry for any disappointment caused, this wasn't our intention.

The WBAC Team
Fantastic service from we buy any car Fareham. The price we got was slightly lower than the online price but we thought that it was a very fair price. We have dealt with two different people there and both were very professional and courteous. We were worried because we had heard from everyone that we would be beaten down on price in a portacabin. In fact the offer we received was all done electronically without any negotiation, just a fair price and all done outside and in a beautiful office reception area.
That's great to hear!

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, we really appreciate it :)

You can also contact or follow/like us at any time on Facebook: http://bit.ly/WBACFB or Twitter: http://bit.ly/WBACTwitter.

The WBAC Team
We worked with a man named Bob in the McMurray site. He was great to work with. I would recommend him to everyone! They gave us a better deal on our Honda then the dealership was going to give us. I will never trade in a car to the dealership with out checking with (we buy any car) again. Thanks Bob!!
That's fantastic to hear and we really appreciate you leaving us your feedback too 😊

The WBAC Team
Offer online looked really good, but on site, I was offered about a thousand less (£3694 down to £2740). The technique used is also designed to make you feel committed - they spend about ten minutes putting details on their computer from your paperwork, before they walk around the car, itemising miniscule marks on the paintwork, and only then do they reveal to you the ridiculously reduced offer.
Thank you for leaving us your feedback, Christopher, we really appreciate it and we apologise for any disappointment caused. This certainly wasn’t our intention.

Please note that your valuation would only ever change at your appointment if you’re outside of your 4 day Price Promise, or if there are discrepancies between the way that you described your car online and the car itself, found at your appointment. This could include missing components, damages or discrepancies with mileage, previous owners or service history, for example. Such factors may impact the value of your car and as such, we would need to record this and amend your valuation accordingly, which we’re sure you can appreciate.

We’re really sorry if the amount offered wasn’t what you had hoped for. With that said, we do offer a no obligation service, meaning if there’s any aspect of the service, that isn’t right for you, you’re under no obligation to sell to us.

We've contacted you privately to request your reg, so that we can take a closer look at this for you and hopefully assist further. We hope to hear back from you shortly.

The WBAC Team
Southport branch , you will receive an offer online . When you visit site they WILL push you down on price . They are a bunch of liars , be careful .
So sorry to hear that you feel this way!

We've contacted you privately to request your reg so that we can take a closer look at the deductions made that you have mentioned. We hope to hear back from yourself shortly, so that we can assist you further.

The WBAC Team
Horrible experience,no covid distancing,no hand sanitizer and they took the car keys with bare hands then handed them back to me ! They offered me a quarter of the on line quote because the car failed it’s MOT but I told them all this on the phone and they said it didn’t matter .A complete waste of time .I should have followed my instincts,I had a bad feeling as soon as I arrived a very sleezy operation .
Hi there, thank you for your feedback.

Please note, all branch's are fully supplied with ample cleaning products and are following Covid-19 guidelines, including social distancing, carrying out appointments outdoors and wearing masks indoors.

Please could you amend your review, or contact us to let us know if the lack of mask wearing was indoors or outdoors? Could you also let us know which branch this was at please, so that we can investigate and feedback?

In regards to your valuation, we would only reduce if you're outside of your 4 day Price Promise, or if there are discrepancies between your vehicle and the information that you entered online. That said, we apologise for any disappointment caused, as it certainly wasn't our intention.

The WBAC Team
Disgusting place treat their customers terrible, got a price from them said I had to ask wife, come back and was offered 350 less
Hi there, we're very sorry to hear this!

Please note, we'd only amend your valuation for one of two reasons:

1) You came back outside of your 4 day Price Promise. Our valuations reflect current market conditions. Our Price Promise protects you from fluctuations during this time, but as detailed on our website, your valuation is guaranteed for 4 days. Outside of this time, a new valuation will be required.

2) There are discrepancies from your last appointment, such as significantly higher mileage, or any further damages/missing components.

The WBAC Team
Absolutely dreadful service today by an ignorant wee man at the Dundee Branch....at least he gets paid for being there according to him...maybe he needs a customer advisor course!! Made to feel like a criminal for even crossing his door..horrible man!!
So sorry to hear this, Gordon.

We expect a high quality of customer service to be provided to all of our customers and we apologise if that fell short of yours and our expectations on this occasion.

We will of course pass on your feedback and provide any additional training/support where required.

The WBAC Team
Visited Glasgow Shawlands branch this afternoon.
Quote was for £10,500. I was one day outside the period they guarantee this for and was told new quote was £10,175.
Two small scratches which would polish out were identified on one panel and this meant a further £575 would need to be deducted. So car was going to be worth £900 less that originally quoted.
I would guide people to avoid this company, they appear to quote highly to pull you in then without any real justification start reducing the price.
The young man doing the valuation was not particularly engaging either, offered little by way of introduction and no dialogue.
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, David.

The vehicle market changes on a regular basis and we therefore update our prices every day, based on current market conditions.

We have a team of Pricing Analysts who are constantly monitoring the value of used cars. They track various factors such as demand, availability of a particular model and current sale prices we are experiencing for such vehicles. We are constantly adjusting our valuations in response to the fluctuations and we therefore offer a 4 day guarantee period on our valuations as this protects customers against any changes in the market during this period.

We do make customers aware of our Price Promise and if you try to select a date outside of this period, a pop-up will appear to make you aware that a new valuation will be needed.

Should you feel that it'd be more cost effective to have the repairs carried out yourself, we're happy for you to do so, before returning the car (if you wish to do so) to us in the same condition that it was described as online.

The WBAC Team
Gave them the benefit of the doubt, expecting them to drop my online quote of £4000 slightly, as my car was in very good condition for 8ys old. On inspection they dropped the quote to 3000 because of a couple of minor scratches etc, in my opinion completely reasonable for an 8yr old car. The a***hole dealer then went on to berate me and belittle me. We walked out and got more money part exchanging the cvar. Don't trust them or be hooked in by their original quote; once they get you in there they will knock you for every minor imperfection.
The two people with whom I spoke, and then met were polite, friendly and helpful. I have no complaints about the service I received.

However, the quote I was given was not merely misleading, but quite clearly dishonest. I originally valued my car online, and without any damage I was quoted around £1000. I was then given the opportunity to declare any damage, which I did, honestly and completely. In fact, I erred on the side of caution as I wanted to set my expectations realistically. This reduced my valuation to around £800, which seemed a little severe, but which I was happy enough with. On turning up to my appointment, my quote was reduced by another £200 down to around £600, with no reason given at all. No additional damage was found, and in fact where I had originally reported that I had only one key I was in fact able to produce two. The only reasoning the representative could offer was that my quote was a week old, but it's not particularly plausible that a 13 year old car would lose 25% of its market value in a week so this could hardly be considered as an explanation of the discrepancy.

Frankly, I would have been perfectly happy with the £600 quote. I initially tried to give the car away to friends and family, but no-one wanted it. What is galling is the sheer brazen dishonesty of it. I would not use them again, and will not recommend on principle.
We're really sorry to hear about your experience, James.

We have contacted you privately to request your reg, so that we can take a closer look at this and the reason for such deductions being made. Hope to hear back from you soon!

The WBAC Team
Took my car to WBAC in Linwood. Young guy went over the vehicle writing off five panels due 'scratches' but could not give me a quote as I did not have my driving licence. I pointed out car was 16 years old and the marks were minimal. He gave me a ball park figure for the car which was considerably less than the 'on-line' quote but also spoke about the 25% he could give me on top of the low figure. We agreed that I would go back at 17.30 - by which time it was cold and raining heavily - and I was there at 17.15. Despite several calls to the number and two voice messages I had no response. At 18.00 I decided to call it quits when the guy appeared and asked me to wait for another while as he was buying another car. I declined. The guy was very polite but working on his own in dreadful conditions. I will avoid in future and I would advise others to do the same.
Thank you for the feedback that you've provided us with, we will certainly have this passed on.

As detailed on our website and confirmed when we call you, photo ID is needed in order to sell your vehicle there and then.

We apologise for any delays experienced. We aim to stick to allotted slots, but may sometimes run behind due to circumstances outside of our control. Unfortunately in this case, it looks like you didn't have a specific second appointment, but we tried to accommodate you where possible and we're really sorry if this took longer than you had hoped for.

The WBAC Team
Valuer had no social skills very obnoxious and abusive no covid 19 policy no mask or social distancing in office or sanatiser did not inspect at vehicle as it could see it was in showroom condition would not look at my valuation that l had received the day before insisting it was over 4 days old would not look at the valuation recived only swore and more abuse.
My own fault had been warned that they are not a company to do business with. After the abuse and stress caused by their employees definitely give it a miss.
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

We're very surprised to hear this. We would indeed inform you if you were outside of your 4 day Price Promise and we also alert customers to this when they try to book an appointment online outside of this period. But that said, we would certainly be happy to still carry out an appraisal at your appointment and give you a new valuation. We're unsure why this would be denied, as we aim to purchase as many vehicles as possible, so it wouldn't be in our interest to turn you away without any reason. We have contacted you for further information, so that we can investigate this more closely.

In regards to Covid-19, we're following all government guidelines. We're socially distancing, carrying out appointments outdoors and wearing masks indoors as required. Furthermore, regular cleaning is taking place and hand sanatizer is provided for regular use.

We Buy Any Car is rated 1.29 based on 228 reviews