We Buy Any Car Reviews

of reviewers recommend We Buy Any Car
Telephone
Read We Buy Any Car Reviews

About We Buy Any Car:

We're the UK's largest car buying service and have helped over 2 million customers to sell their car since 2006. Our simple three step process provides our customers with a quick, easy, safe and convenient way of selling their car. Free from the hassles of private sale and the inevitable haggle of part-exchange. But believe it or not, we do more than just buy cars.

With over 700 employees and over 350 branches nationwide, we're a pretty big team and there's a lot that goes on behind the scenes.

Tell us how We Buy Any Car made you happy
Offered fair quote online, took the car in and had some kind of fake testing done, then offered half of quote.
They prey on distressed people.
Avoid them at all cost.
I believe they will go bankrupt!!!!
Terrible place to sell your car to. Expect a massive difference in price for your car then the online valuation gives you. Was offered £2000 for a punto so took it down then just beacause it wasn’t in “showroom condition” they knocked it down to £1200. What do they expect for a 9 gear old car! Avoid avoid avoid!
Almost didn't go to the appointment after reading these reviews. Glad I went anyway. Arnold Clark offered me £8300 online and then £7300 in person for the car. WBAC offered £9000 online and then £7850 in person. The work that needed done to bring the car up to "showroom standard" would probably total £1000 (4x alloys 3 panels needed painting). All in all I think it was a fair price. Been trying to privately sell for 2 month with constant time wasters. The transaction took 15 minutes and the money was in my bank immediately.
They offered a nice amount online, you then get called several times regarding the appointment which can be tad annoying. Get to the appointment and actual valuation is a pee take!! £1000 lower than online price but said he has a leverage of 25% so added £250 back on... what a waste of time! £800 worse than online valuation, stay clear unless desperate to sell.
If you want next to nothing for your car then this mob will take your car off you, but you have to do all the work. Just trade your car in it sell privately. Do not trust this crowd, you've been warned.
You cannot accurately value a car on a computer no more than you can get a valuation on a house on a computer. If you trade your car in at a car dealer,the trade in price you get will largely depend on the value of the car you are buying. It has always been the same. Looking at the reviews i have seen on here i wont be going anywhere near we buy any car. Com. Great to see honest reviews on here. I will carry on selling my cars either privately or trading in at a reputable dealer.
Guaranteed price after full disclose on line. £710 arrived at appointment- sales man agreed with condition and then offered £300 !! Max offer £371 what kind of joke is this !! False advertising will be passing on all details to appropriate authorities. CON
I went in line for a valuation, that seemed ok so I made a booking at Stoke , they called me a day before to ask lots of questions abou the car and how long I had owned it (3 years ) , it was registered to my company so it was a company car for the insurance. When I arrived they asked to see the log book , when they saw it belonged to a company they asked what we did ( work with cars I said ) he just handed me the book back and said sorry we don’t buy of anyone in the trade ! We mend transmissions for a living not mend cars or sell them , his Awnser was if you get your hand dirty with cars we don’t buy them . Where dose it say that when making an appointment? and what a waist of an afternoon . Very poor attitude.
They quoted my 17 plate E220 diesel mercedes for £12.500 but when I go to their office it was raining and he looked around the car and offered ne only £9000. This company should stopped doing business and telling lies to people by the trading standards. If I have to sell car again instead of going to this company I'll keep chickens in it. As you can see they only have 1 star reviews as there is no zeros..
These people are crooks. What a complete waste of my time. I entered my car details on this website and based on that booked an appointment at Leigh. They pointed out loads of faults and offered me an insulting and ridiculous £250. I told them what I thought. I got £1350 for it from eBay. These people should be banned.
So I have now been three times, first car appointment was 5.00pm on a Saturday and on arrival was told they were running late, finally left at 9.00pm. I did sell the car but only after getting £700 added to the £30k transaction, which was still £1.5k below the online valuation, I think it was because it was late and the time we waited. The second visit a different guy spent half an hour telling me about all these dents and scratches he could see but when I asked him to point them out and I could honestly not see anything he said ‘well I can see them so they must be there’. Then offered over £1k less that the £6k online valuation. I said I wasn’t prepared to sell the car but before leaving my wife said we might be on lockdown the next day so best to take the low offer, we did go on the November lockdown the next day. Last and final ever visit end of January 2021. It became apparent that the online valuation obtained via the number plate had selected the wrong model/spec of car, I only realised this when I got an up to date valuation when I took the private plate off and had to manually select the car and model. I checked the original new car order form and manufacturers finance documents which all described a higher spec car than the one linked to the private number plate, therefore, I printed the documents as proof to take with me. I also checked the spec of the two models on the Audi website to verify mine was the higher spec. So first valuation £27,880 then higher spec model £29,330. The car was immaculate not a mark on it other than a 3mm dent low down on a door panel which I declared on the valuation. When the guy showed me the starting value prior to carrying out inspection he said the £29,330 was wrong and he would be starting at £27,170, not even the £27,880 offered online. I then explained the issue with the model and showed the evidence from Audi to prove the model was the higher spec including the features in the car like the virtual cockpit, he said there was nothing he could other than what the computer said and said I must have done something wrong on the online valuation. I then proceeded to do the online valuation in front of him on my phone and came up with the same £28,330. He went off and spoke to the area manager who apparently said I was wrong and their computer system was correct. Apparently an issue with the car CAP code. We decided to carry on with the valuation and again the mysterious invisible scratches were logged along with non existent wheel damage. Then there was the service history issue. The car was 22 months old, service indicator showing next service in 42 days or 4500 miles and we honestly couldn’t remember it being serviced but knew if the car said it was due a service we would have, then my wife remembered that she thought it was on a long life service schedule. When we spoke to the guy he checked with his colleague and we were told it should have been done at 1 year or 10000 miles, I said that it was on a long life service schedule of two years but he said he had checked our model before and he was right. After all that we got offered £26,126 which when I said no was upped to just under £26,300. I told the guy that Ford had offered £26,500 so I was going to leave it as a trade in to Ford. Half way home the guy phoned me to say if I emailed all the documents over to him and got proof of the service schedule he would go above his area manger and speak to his wholesale team, apparently the sites the public go to are retail ?? I emailed the new vehicle order form, finance and screenshot from Audi website about long life 2 year service schedule all to prove the spec and fact the car had not needed a service. I also spoke with Audi on the Monday and got a screen shot of the Audi system showing my car was on the flexible long life 2 year service plan. I spoke with the Audi Sales Director to explain the issue with the car, the registration and the alleged issue with the car CAP code, he got the details on the system and confirmed everything I had found out and told webuyanycar that I was correct and the car was worth considerable more than both valuations, I asked if he was interested in buying it and he said yes subject to appraisal, we went to the dealership and they bought it instantly for £2k more and we were in and out in 10 minutes. Motto of the story, try the manufacturers dealership first and if you are that desperate you have to use webuyanycar then expect a massively lower valuation than offered online.
We Buy Any Car offered me £1300 for my car online only to be chipped down to £271 on account of "minor scratches" once they got me there under false pretences.

The salesman suggested that WBAC consider the car to be in "showroom condition" when they value online this is for a 15 year old car (!) this is an underhand and dishonest tactic that is misleading to the customer and nothing short of CRIMINAL.

These are deliberate tactics employed by the company to cheat people out of their hard earned cash - no way WBAC NEVER EVER AGAIN - SELLERS BEWARE DO NOT TRUST WE BUY ANY CAR!
As other sellers have said, they give you an online price then when you take your car in they take hundreds more off for not perfect tyres, or so called dents/scratches, even took £200 off as I only had one key
It's a bunch of crooks. They offered me 6.150 online and after seing my 10 year old car they gave it second highest rating but knocked of 20% for a few minor scratches... don't waste your time uses this shitty company
Valuation at appointment was given as *less than half* that of the online estimate when nothing had changed about the car or the information provided.. waste of time
Total waste of time, online valuation of £1760 made changes using the online tool for the slight marks on the car. Valuation went down to £1488. The guy came out and barely looked at the car and said we won’t get more than £650 for the car. Will never use again or recommend any does.
Massive devaluation from online from £5565 down to £4650 quotation. The guy couldn't find any damage also with full service history documents. The excuse was minor chips hardly seen due to wear and tear . The car is Mercedes C220 CDI 2012 68000K .
Wasting my time driving to their centre.
Took my 6 month old 4000 miles skoda citigo 5 door in with many extras. Had to sell due to getting a company car. The guy took £600 off for miniscule chips he found with a magnifying glass then charged an admin fee ON TOP. He increased the value by £100 when I complained. I was sat there with the wife and kids so he knew I wanted to sell. These guys are paid commission on the amount they slash off your car and don't let fake reviews convince you otherwise.
Just one word Avoid avoid and avoid at all cost.
I showed up for my appointment at the Basingstoke branch on time. When I I arrived at the door the only guy working was dealing with someone else that what looked like was buying a car. I was standing at the door and wasn't acknowledged by the guy working there, he then shut the door in my face without saying a word to me. I opened the door and asked if I was at the right place which he responded yeah (in a rude tone) so I left.
Absolutely shocking customer service from this guy and from what I've read, I'm not the first one to experience it.
We Buy Any Car is rated 1.22 based on 183 reviews