We Buy Any Car Reviews

of reviewers recommend We Buy Any Car
Telephone
Read We Buy Any Car Reviews

About We Buy Any Car:

We're the UK's largest car buying service and have helped over 2 million customers to sell their car since 2006. Our simple three step process provides our customers with a quick, easy, safe and convenient way of selling their car. Free from the hassles of private sale and the inevitable haggle of part-exchange. But believe it or not, we do more than just buy cars.

With over 700 employees and over 350 branches nationwide, we're a pretty big team and there's a lot that goes on behind the scenes.

Tell us how We Buy Any Car made you happy
TOTAL DISGRACE AND POOR SERVICE.
STAY AWAY, ZERO STARS

Took my car to branch on 10/09 and was knocked down £1000 for a couple of wheels and stone chips, to be honest I was expecting this as I have heard of other people’s experience but I wanted a hassle free transaction so I decided to accept.

I paid for next day faster payment as I wanted to purchase another car I had seen.

I called 11/09 around 5 pm as I was getting concerned I had not received any payment and was advised it will be in my bank before 8 PM.

No payment arrived so i Called Saturday to see what the problem was, after making several calls I was finally answered and was advised payment was on hold due to paperwork and the fact I had not had the car very long. I was asked to send paper work over which I did.

I would expect we buy any car to check all paper work for any potential issues before they take possession of my car, but obviously this is not the case.

I called 13/09 to see if any updates and again payment on hold, was advised this had been passed to admin team and is under review.

I have now had to hire a car at a cost of £60 per day to get get my children to school as we buy any car have my car and I have not been paid the funds to purchase another.

I called on 14/09 to been told it’s been escalated to manager and again is under review, although I don’t hold the people at the site responsible I feel the management or head office put them in the firing line as no head office contact number to escalate to and it’s very difficult to get through to the individual site.

My last conversation was with a representative at 5pm this evening, I was advised he could not guarantee when I would receive payment so his manager said I had 2 choices wait for payment without any firm date or have my car back.

I opted to have my car back as I do not want any further dealings with this company, I asked when I could have my car back and was then told by the staff member he could not give me a firm day and more paperwork has to be completed before my car is returned, this is shocking considering I have not been paid as promised and a contract has been signed by both parties.

I find this service utterly disgusting and I am now out of pocket by 100’s for dealing with this company not to mention the time and stress this has caused.

I would advise we buy any car to change it’s process and not take people’s cars until they are sure they can make payment.

My car has been driven by them to a unknown location, I don’t know if it’s covered For any damage caused by them or covered under their insurance, I don’t know who has been driving my car and if it’s been abused and driven recklessly.

Tomorrow I will probably spend all day chasing them and seeing when I can have my car back.

I know they have mostly good reviews but if this can happen to one person then in my opinion it’s one to many and I would advise anyone and everyone to stay well away
It's a bunch of crooks. They offered me 6.150 online and after seing my 10 year old car they gave it second highest rating but knocked of 20% for a few minor scratches... don't waste your time uses this shitty company
Massive devaluation from online from £5565 down to £4650 quotation. The guy couldn't find any damage also with full service history documents. The excuse was minor chips hardly seen due to wear and tear . The car is Mercedes C220 CDI 2012 68000K .
Wasting my time driving to their centre.
Thank you for leaving us your feedback, we really appreciate it and we apologise for any disappointment caused. This certainly wasn’t our intention.

Please note that your valuation would only ever change at your appointment if you’re outside of your 4 day Price Promise, or if there are discrepancies between the way that you described your car online and the car itself, found at your appointment. This could include missing components, damages or discrepancies with mileage, previous owners or service history, for example. Such factors may impact the value of your car and as such, we would need to record this and amend your valuation accordingly, which we’re sure you can appreciate.

We’re really sorry if the amount offered wasn’t what you had hoped for. With that said, we do offer a no obligation service, meaning if there’s any aspect of the service, that isn’t right for you, you’re under no obligation to sell to us.

Don't Waste your Time
I was quoted about 50% of the cars value on line subject to an inspection. As this was only 2 mins away I went along. The inspection lasted about 30 seconds which consisted of walking around the vehicle, starting the engine ensuring no warning lights were on. After stating the car was in excellent condition, he said lets go back to the office. He typed something in the computer and then stated a new price, which was half of the online quote. So that meant they offered me about 25% of the value. I told them to forget it. I took some photos when I got home and put these on Gumtree. Sold the car for the asking price in 2 days
Moral .. This company will rip you off. Spend a few minutes and see the rewards you achieve.
Took my 6 month old 4000 miles skoda citigo 5 door in with many extras. Had to sell due to getting a company car. The guy took £600 off for miniscule chips he found with a magnifying glass then charged an admin fee ON TOP. He increased the value by £100 when I complained. I was sat there with the wife and kids so he knew I wanted to sell. These guys are paid commission on the amount they slash off your car and don't let fake reviews convince you otherwise.
Hi AJ, thank you for your feedback.

Sorry to hear about your disappointment, we completely appreciate it and apologise that this wasn't what you had hoped for. That said, we are not paid commission, nor do we receive fake reviews.

We use exactly the same pricing system on our website as our buyers do in branch. Therefore if the condition/details of the car entered online matches our assessment of your car, then we offer a price which matches the online valuation. However if the details provided online are not accurate this will affect the final price offered.

We’re sorry that on this occasion the final price offered failed to meet with your expectations. This said; we offer a no obligation service which means if the price we offer isn’t acceptable, you are never under any obligation to sell to us.

The WBAC Team
Absolutely horrendous my car is valued at 3k and they offer me £855 haha this company shouldn’t exist

The WBAC Team
Avoid this company like the plague.
Typed in two registrations and the initial valuation is 30% less than it should be for both vehicles.I work at cars and know their value. Seems like they want to get rich real quick at the expense of others. What a joke of a company. Well done Phillip schofield
The longer you have the money grabbing millionaire Phillip Schofield fronting your current tv ad. campaign the majority of potential sellers just switch off! He is well past his sellbuy date!
DINT Be FOOLED PEOPLE

To whom it may concern,

I received a valuation for my vehicle which was calculated at £13,300.

I arrived at your dealership on Friday 3rd of July. Upon inspection it was agreed that the vehicle was in exceptional condition (quoted ad recorded as like new condition intact your surveyor said he never seen a pickup so tidy/Pictures time and date stamped to prove). There was a mark on one alloy wheel. A deduction was made to cover this (Approx £60 was quoted).

I was more than happy to accept this. I agreed this with your surveyor.

What happened next beggars belief. The surveyor entered the building and after returning advised that the vehicle I had presented was not 2014 but was 2013. To say I was alarmed was an understatement. The tax book advised it was 2014.

He advised that he would have to adjust the price down to £12450. To say I was speechless was an understatement. He presented paperwork and I signed.

From here on Voice recorded everything on my telephone as I was so concerned as to what was happening (I made your representative aware of this).

Two minutes later I re entered the building to advise I didn’t want to sell and I believed the information was not truthful. The surveyor advised it was to late. He insisted it was correct. I asked for my vehicle back as no money had changed hands. He point blank refused.

I went outside and called a local dealership who deals with Toyota. They assured me the vehicle was 100 percent 2014 and sent through documentation to verify the vehicle was both made and sold in 2014 (as per attached).

I again re entered the building and showed him the evidence I had and that I now believed this was a clear case of fraud. He never accepted this even after the evidence I presented.

Frustrated and embarrassed I left insulted and to be honest feeling totally robbed. I was so concerned I called the police (I have an incident number). I reported that I believed clear fraud had been committed. I received a call back from
a police sergeant who took details and advised he would record for future legal proceedings and that he believed something serious had occurred.

I again returned to the Belfast branch and demanded my vehicle be returned. I advised that I contacted the police and informed them fraud had been committed. This did unsettle the surveyor. He advised that he would look into where the mistake had been made and re evaluate the value of my vehicle less the damaged alloy (£60 he quoted). He advised the adjusted amount would arrive on Monday and that a WBAC representative would get in touch to discuss.

Today I received £12450 (Not the £13240 I was promised) and guess what no one has been in touch. Believe me WBAC I have a substantial amount of evidence regarding this.

I am willing to give you one chance and only one to put this matter right prior to me involving the financial conduct authority and the motor ombudsman trust-pilot and all other forms of social media.

I have also trawled websites with the examples of below where previous staff have advised such matters occur. There are also literally hundreds from the general public.

I look forward to your response.
What people under stand is that this company is part of British Car Auctions. They offer you a price for the car usually 15 to 20% below trade. Then when you go for an appointment the guy will find minor faults that they chip you a ridiculous price to repair I.e £200 for a door dent that infant a good dent man would take out for £30. If you accept the car goes to the nearest BCA with a reserve of 25% above what 5hey paid you. How do I know ? I was a sub contractor for them. Why does Phillip Scofield support them. Money !!!!!
I have already completed your company's online feedback form but, as it was critical of the service I received, I suspect it will not see the light of day! Hence I am leaving this review: I was quoted an ever-increasing price for my BMW 320d, which was 7 years old but in immaculate condition with less than 42000 miles on the clock. When I took the car to the appointment the 'buyer' started 'nit-picking' around the car and made great play of entering comments on his hand held tablet. It was clear from the start that there was no intention of paying me the price I had been quoted and, sure enough, he ended up offering me c.£600 less than the figure I had been quoted online. I could have walked away and sold the car privately but reluctantly accepted the price because I am in the 'extremely clinically vulnerable' group re. Covid and this would have been difficult. I have been taught a valuable lesson though - never again to deal with Webuyanycar and to strongly advise others not to do so.

The WBAC Team
I suspect no one gets the price they are quoted online for their car. They tempt you and then when you bring the car they reduce the quote hoping you are desperate to sell. My 2006 Range Rover in great state was quoted at £4,750 and on inspection, the young man said no more than £1,350 because of a few small marks that probably cost no more than £300 to repair. A true British con
Hi David, thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

Please note that we'd never reduce your valuation by this amount for a few small marks, unless significant damage had been caused. Furthermore, should you feel it'd be more cost efficient for you to have the repairs carried out yourself in your own time, that's not a problem. If you then return your vehicle to us in the same condition that you described it as online, you'll certainly achieve your online valuation figure.

The WBAC Team
We sold the car on Monday, 22 March and was promised our payment on Friday, 27 March and we still have not been paid. I have sent emails and the Port Talbot branch is closed. It is a large amount of money and it is extremely worring that no payment has been made yet.
Hi Roxanna, thank you for your feedback.

I'm sorry to hear this and appreciate your concerns.

You should always be paid on the date stated on your signed invoice. If for any reason this isn't possible, we'll email you in advance to make you aware of this, along with the reasons why and next steps to take.

If you're still awaiting payment, please email talktousnow@webuyanycar.com and our Customer Care team will be happy to assist further.

Mikki
Online Valuation £1,200
Actual Valuation £97 (excluding transaction fee)
= 91.9167% decrease.

It took me approximately 11 miles one-way to find that out and 12 miles one-way for my father to drive too, in case I needed a lift back. Luckily, the man giving the valuation had no personality and ability to smile or give a good customer experience or they may have also charged me for that.

Why would anyone sell to webuyanycar.com?????
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback and apologies for any disappointment caused.

Please note, there are no transaction fees on purchases of this amount.

The WBAC Team
Absolutely dreadful service today by an ignorant wee man at the Dundee Branch....at least he gets paid for being there according to him...maybe he needs a customer advisor course!! Made to feel like a criminal for even crossing his door..horrible man!!
So sorry to hear this, Gordon.

We expect a high quality of customer service to be provided to all of our customers and we apologise if that fell short of yours and our expectations on this occasion.

We will of course pass on your feedback and provide any additional training/support where required.

The WBAC Team
Quoted 5k. Car is immaculate. Turned up to their “shed”. Said the quote was one day over (despite happily letting me book an appointment), offered £600 less. What a joke. Apparently the monkey that kicks your car tyres gets a tenner for each £100 he gets you down. So there is zero incentive to offer you anywhere near the quoted price. Avoid at all costs.
Hi Justin, sorry for any disappointment caused by this.

The vehicle market changes on a regular basis and we therefore update our prices every day, based on current market conditions. We have a team of Pricing Analysts who are constantly monitoring the value of used cars. They track various factors such as demand, availability of a particular model and current sale prices we are experiencing for such vehicles. We are constantly adjusting our valuations in response to the fluctuations and we therefore offer a 4 day guarantee period on our valuations as this protects customers against any changes in the market during this period.

Please note, when a customer tries to book an appointment on a date outside of their 4 day Price Promise, a pop-up appears to alert you of this and to advise that a new valuation will be needed, as we aim to be as transparent as possible with this.

We can confirm that our colleagues do not receive any kind of bonus for deductions to valuations.

Finally, we'd politely ask that you refrain from referring to our colleague as a 'monkey' and request that you amend your review to remove this language.

The WBAC Team
You cannot accurately value a car on a computer no more than you can get a valuation on a house on a computer. If you trade your car in at a car dealer,the trade in price you get will largely depend on the value of the car you are buying. It has always been the same. Looking at the reviews i have seen on here i wont be going anywhere near we buy any car. Com. Great to see honest reviews on here. I will carry on selling my cars either privately or trading in at a reputable dealer.
Guaranteed price after full disclose on line. £710 arrived at appointment- sales man agreed with condition and then offered £300 !! Max offer £371 what kind of joke is this !! False advertising will be passing on all details to appropriate authorities. CON
Thank you for leaving your feedback, Hazell, we appreciate your comments.

The WBAC Team
They quoted my 17 plate E220 diesel mercedes for £12.500 but when I go to their office it was raining and he looked around the car and offered ne only £9000. This company should stopped doing business and telling lies to people by the trading standards. If I have to sell car again instead of going to this company I'll keep chickens in it. As you can see they only have 1 star reviews as there is no zeros..
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

Our online valuations are based purely on the information you enter online. The aim of the onsite appraisal is to confirm that the vehicle matches the description that you gave.

Within the terms of the guarantee, it does state ‘if there are any discrepancies between your car and the details you gave us, or, if during the inspection, we discover something about the car that we were not previously made aware of, we may have to make an amendment to your quote.’ It appears whilst inspecting your vehicle the description did not match that provided online. This resulted in us needing to adjust the price we could offer you.

Experience tells us damage (scratches/chips/dents) on a vehicle along with missing items do affect the value of the car and subsequently affects the resale value. Our fully trained buyers therefore always carry out a thorough inspection in order to provide an accurate price.

The WBAC Team
We Buy Any Car offered me £1300 for my car online only to be chipped down to £271 on account of "minor scratches" once they got me there under false pretences.

The salesman suggested that WBAC consider the car to be in "showroom condition" when they value online this is for a 15 year old car (!) this is an underhand and dishonest tactic that is misleading to the customer and nothing short of CRIMINAL.

These are deliberate tactics employed by the company to cheat people out of their hard earned cash - no way WBAC NEVER EVER AGAIN - SELLERS BEWARE DO NOT TRUST WE BUY ANY CAR!

Our online valuations are calculated using only the information that our customers provide, therefore if no scuffs, chips, scratches or dents are declared at this point, the valuation provided will be reflective of this. Whilst we accept that the majority of used cars will have experienced a certain amount of wear and tear, we make no assumptions about the extent of this as it can vary greatly from vehicle to vehicle and we instead rely on our customers to describe the vehicles they have in their possession.

We Buy Any Car is rated 1.46 based on 242 reviews