Victorian Plumbing Reviews

Victorian Plumbing have a Customer Happiness Grade of D. Customers love their prices but are unhappy with their returns process and refunds. Full Insights

9% of reviewers recommend Victorian Plumbing

Diamond House, 41 Stephenson Way, Formby United Kingdom

Category:
Business & Office

Over 7 Days

How would you rate Victorian Plumbing ?

"ordered a square head riser shower ,some months after receiving found plumber to fit new bathroom on installing shower rail he found that the wall riser fixing bracket after several emails i was told it was to late for them to find and send me missing bits because i should of checked box contents within 30 days and the attitude of emails was tough you can lose your £200 DO NOT BUY OFF OF THEM ONCE THEY HAVE YOUR MONEY THEY DO NOT CARE"
"AVOID THIS COMPANY UNLESS YOU HAVE MONEY TO THROW AWAY BATHS ARE TYPICALLY OVER £200 dearer than competitors they do not price match as they prefer to lose orders on high end products AVOID BUYING FROM THIS COMPANY"
"Customer bought the kit, none of the wastes were any good and the shower screen doesn’t fit properly and leaks from all angles .taps drip after a week ."
"Terrible company. Ordered a simple standard floor heating probe and paid for Next Day Delivery which should have been 16th October. This was also confirmed via their order tracking system. No surprise it wasn't delivered on the 16th. After checking the tracking system again it had changed the delivery to 22nd October but they didn't have the decency to inform us either via email, SMS or phone. Called their customer services helpline which is supposed to be open until 9 pm only to hear the automatic answer that the services desk closes at 4 pm. Scammers !!!"
"Take your money upfront with item not in stock bad company"
"If I could rate this company as zero then I would. They provided a shower screen which leaks water so is clearly not fit for purpose and have failed to take any responsibility for this. They have made a number of claims for this fault including that my bathroom fittter was not qualified (he is), it is fitted incorrectly (it isn’t) and that the screen needs to be trimmed to be water tight! When I pointed out that this was not anywhere in the product description or instructions the response I received was that ‘any qualified fitter would have known this’!!! Complete lack of customer service or support. Eventually agreed to refund but only refunded a small proportion of the bath and shower screen package claiming this was all I had paid - in reality they only refunded the amount remaining after the full cost of the bath which is not enough to purchase any replacement shower screen on their website. Avoid at all costs and spend your money with a company who provide quality products and have an understanding of customer service."
"Repeat order processed, charged twice despite the first payment failing! Accused by their CS department of placing 2 orders the same (why would I do that!) Returned duplicate items and still awaiting a refund 16 days later!! Will never use again"
"Horrible return policy! So unhappy! Such a big company and they cant provide simple returns/ exchange policy! Will try to avoide future order! No thank you!"
"Order number: ORD-0001150322-1716224A I ordered various bathroom items to the value of almost £3,000. Items were partially delivered after 3 weeks of follow-up. Guess what? The biggest items: 2 free standing baths and towel rail were missing and @Victorianplumb says it’s not their biz to investigate! Very dodgy! My wife and I have spent the greater part of this week chasing up the missing items with @Victorianplumb . First, it takes at least 48 hours to get email responses; second, call lines ring endlessly; third, you have to deal with different people on same issue; fourth, they CANNOT help! Just how easy can 2 large bath disappear into thin air? Guess @Victorianplumb cares more about making profit than customer satisfaction. Little wonder they need to constantly advertise rather than rely on positive customer reviews and referrals. Have you noticed they always have “sales” going on? Terrible!"
"Brought an Aquas AquaMax Top Smart Chrome Manual Shower from them in August, have had problems with the on/off button from day 1. For more than 3 weeks, numerous emails and phone calls, still not had a resolution of the problem"
"Bought a bath costing £1850, it arrived with a crack because it has been delivered upended in a pallet. They offered me a £70 refund! I've said this is unacceptable for a premium show-piece bath, and I don't have the time to replace it because the builders are here now doing the bathroom. Any repair will look terrible and I'd have to pay the builders to come back by the time it's collected and replaced (which they haven't offered.) I've had all contact ignored which is alarming, despite copying in the managing director, but on calling in I spoke to Pat (who was lovely and is trying to help) however her emails have also been ignored by the manager of the team that tries to resolve these issues over damages etc, so I am now facing either being stuck with a cracked bath and a refund that is a kick in the teeth, or paying money to pull builders off another job to fit the bath when it arrives. I'm not an expert in law but I know my consumer rights, so will exercise these when someone decides to reply. I think it's pretty shocking customer service and I wouldn't place an order for anything over £10 in the future. You can't sell building products like these or high end products if you deliver them damaged, push people's building schedules off and have no sense of urgency in rectifying issues."
"Purchased a thermostatic shower mixer with bath filler when installed worked ok for less than 2 wks reported problem to victorian plumbing over 10 days ago and still no help or resolve. Have paid for a product we cannot use and have had to pay addirional costs for a plumber. Not a good experience"
"sent damaged goods. still on the lorry I took photo`s. they say they will try and find a resolution. 14 days later , not even answering my emails. they should be closed down by trading standards. cowboy outfit."
"Without a doubt the most appalling customer service I have ever experienced. Faulty products, promises of callbacks/ updates never met, their customer service team do not have a brain cell between them. I've been waiting 3 weeks for a refund for a product that is faulty and I have done nothing but chase it continuously, yet I'm still none the wiser. How this company operates with such poor service I do not know. I'm sure it'll only be a matter of time before other customers experience what I have and refuse to use them also. I'd never ever order from VP again!"
"Three delays for a simple order - customer services unable to help in any way other than apologise that the order was delayed - after the second delay I asked for confirmation of a delivery date in writing which was given but the order was still delayed. two weeks in still no sign of the order and I have given up hope."
"Customer service is appalling. Toilet was fitted and was leaking, I had no working toilet in the house and it still didn't seem to matter to them. I also ordered a. set of taps but ended up with 2 different ones, because of tap position we had to fit the wrong one, On both occasions I sent them photos for proof but despite in excess of 30 emails and umpteen phone calls it still took them 10 days to send a replacement. I even offered to drive there on both occasions to collect the replacements but that also fell on deaf ears. They claimed the delays were down to system updates but why should the customer suffer."
"I used Victorian Plumbing's online chat to ask if they would price match a mira shower unit they were selling at £729 with Plumbworld who were selling the same shower for £564. The reason i gave them for this was that I wanted to also buy a £200 LED bathroom mirror that only they seemed to sell, and I needed to spend over £499 to avoid a £35.00 delivery charge. Iwas advided to e-mail a link to the product on Plumbworld's site to them so they could check it. About 7 days later, I'd heard nothing so I contacted them again through chat. I received an apology and was told that my ticket (enquiry) had been left open by a temp! However, they would now deal with it. It was eleven days from the day I'd raised my query to receiving an e-mail from them to say they wouldn't price match. Awful customer service. I've now purchased the shower from plumbworld, and sourced a mirror elsewhere."
"Atrocious customer service: Goods have been delayed day after day, every time I am promised they will arrive the arrival window comes and goes with no notification and... no goods! They do not keep to their estimated delivery service and you cannot plan anything assuming your goods may arrive as they may never do, as mine haven't! I have wasted more than 600 pounds on the order and several working days chasing them - it is not worth the effort to order from this company, please do not do it. I do not usually write reviews but I hope nobody goes through what I have been through with them."
"Used this company twice. On the first occasion purchased a small hand wash basin unit for a downstairs toilet. They sent the wrong tap and when I complained, they tried to say it was the one I ordered. After checking their recordings of the telephone call they confirmed they had made a mistake. We also had a problem sealing the waste outlet pipe where it connected to the underside of the sink unit. Two plumbers tried and said the casing was faulty, reported this to this company who told me to take a photo of the problem even though I explained that it would not clearly show the problem as it was tucked up deep underneath. Eventually, I found a plumber managed to get it to seal by using copious amounts of sealant. The second problem. I am currently having a complete new bathroom fitted and decided to purchase a Grohe shower control. As they were actively installing I paid for a next day delivery. The following morning I phoned them to say I had not received email confirmation of purchase which they apologised and duly sent. I also asked about the delivery due the same day and was told it would arrive early pm. At 16.40 I phoned to query why it had not arrived and was told “the lorry had broken down, it will be delivered the next morning”. When I protested they said they would refund the difference and only charge me for standard delivery. I think they should have refunded the whole charge. It arrived that afternoon. Won’t be using them again."
Victorian Plumbing is rated 1.44 based on 192 reviews