Victorian Plumbing Reviews

info@victorianplumbing.co.uk

Diamond House, 41 Stephenson Way, Formby United Kingdom

Category:
Business & Office

How would you rate Victorian Plumbing ?

"Ordered a couple of toilet seats at the same time so we had a spare. On opening the packaging the product had a large dent in it which was not visible from the external packaging. When I contacted Victoria Plum customer services they told me that because I did not inspect it and advise them within 30 days that they would not do anything. So basically they think its my responsibility to review in 30 days and if I don't then they take no responsibility and expect me to accept damaged goods. This is completely contrary to my statutory rights where I have a right to goods of satisfactory quality which cannot be waived (sale of goods act). Luckily as a solicitor I know this. For anyone in same situation see the "which" website which provides the actual legal position which Victoria Plum seem to ignore. Their customer service clearly has no idea about the law or good customer services and now I have to progress this with their complaints department and possible legal action. Very disappointing for such a large company that have purchased from many times before. Never again. Be warned."
David Eastwood
"They do not offer a returns service! We had to organise and pay for the return ourselves only to be told that the item was smashed to pieces when it arrived. Very frustrating that a company of this size does not facilitate returns."
"Told us they would replace the wrongly sized shower door with the same delivery driver who delivers the correctly sized door but will take ten days. So was advised to order the new door and ask for return separately which I did. Total SCAM ! They don't collect, you have to arrange that and pay for it yourself. Victoria plumbing? more like Victorian practices."
"Bi fold shower door. Ordered 760mm, says 760mm on their wesite but door is in fact only 700ml wide. Their excuse is they allow for tiles. It doesn't say that when ordering. Get this, you have to pay to return it and because of its size we can't find anyone to collect it at our expense for their website mistake. Don't buy from these market traders."
"DO NOT use Victorian Plumbing. Your order will not arrive on the set date. Your order will then be late. Your order will not be as described on their website. Your order will have parts missing. You will be unable to complain as their is no one in authority to speak to. Order from Victorian Plumbing at your peril."
"I placed an order with Victorian Plumbing, having checked with them that my item was available. I was told the item was available direct from manufacturer. Payment was taken and I received an email saying my item had been dispatched. When I didn't receive my item, I contacted the manufacturer directly who informed me that Victorian Plumbing had been told previously that my item had been discontinued. Victorian Plumbing said they were not aware of this and took no responsibility for the problems. I wouldn't recommend them as a company."
"Ordered £600+ worth of bathroom goods and paid £35 extra for them to be delivered on a particular day. I was let down and the goods turned up days later causing great inconvenience. Staff were quick to blame me before climbing down when faced with the facts. They also did not tell the truth about refunding my £35. After waiting in unacceptably long queues of up to 14 people, I gave up phoning and corresponded instead with countless emails which were replied to without staff reading them properly. Finally, weeks later, I am to receive my £35. It seems that this company does not care in the least about customer service and does not train its advisers to an acceptable level. As for their goods, Apollo2 vanity unit is badly made and damaged. All credit to my bathroom fitter who spent ages getting it to look half decent. Would never deal with this company again."
"Nightmare!!! Worst experience I had. I bought 5 items on April, 2018, two of the items are faulty damaged I am still waiting for replacement and £50.00 refund was issued as "goodwill" according to company. Two months still can't used my bathroom. Third item toilet has fixing issues (many photos presented), but company can't see problem and can't offer me anything apart delivery refund. Not recommend this company to anyone."
"Where do I start. Items arrived damaged. Replacement item arrived more damaged than the first. Terrible delay in answering emails. Constantly telling me that they have resolved an issue when it clearly had not been. Failed to collect items. Still awaiting to resolve my issues from a February Order!! Will NOT be using them again. Still awaiting a refund but if they don't collect it I won't get a refund. Constantly reminding them to no avail."
Claire Duffell
Verified Reviewer
"I mistakenly ordered the wrong size shower door as part of an order totalling over 1000 pounds. I wanted to arrange a straight swap for the correct size but was informed that there is no collections service (!!) and I would need to use a pallet courier service which would have cost 86 pounds to return the item then reorder in the correct size, with further delivery costs!! Their main competitors offer far better returns and collections - avoid this cowboy outfit and go with Victoria Plumb or Drench"
"Wrong sized items sent and i was told to 'cut them to size'. Terrible customer service, giving misinformation to make sales and were most unhelpful when I reported problems, taking weeks for them to tell me they will not help. Very poor, will never buy from them again and I will be advising others of what we went through. So I ordered a lovely small bath with matching panels and accessories. This took weeks to finalise! I liaised with the online and telephone customer service staff to get information about the material of the bath panels, size and a better explanation of how the accessories functioned. Turned out they were lying/wrong about the material, size and the accessories. The bath and panels arrived - the panels were too long for the bath. After weeks of sending the SAME photographic evidence multiple times and informing them the panels do not match the bath, they closed the complaint and told me to send the panels back! I explained that I was not willing to pay the £25 return fee. The customer service advisor looked into the case again and stated that they were the correct panels for the bath and that I should cut them to size! We bought a bath with matching panels to avoid a botched cut and shut job. It was so disappointing to have the staff lie (or most likely be so poorly trained that they just made things up to make the sale) and to be so unhelpful. Poor service, poor product details on the website and from staff, poor quality product (the wrong size!?!?!) And a really upsetting and disappointing experience all round. Not trustworthy, unfortunately."
"appalling company DO NOT USE. Have so far waited 3 weeks for delivery of a bathroom cabinet. They sent the wrong item. Denied ever having the order. Sent it out eventually via an horrendous cheap courier company. Washed their hands of it when it went missing again. And getting through to rude call centre staff a nightmare. VERY BAD EXPERIENCE"
"Worst company I've used in a long time. Ordered a shower, bath and showerscreen. Builder noticed a flaw in the shower unit, so called and was asked to send photos in. I was then told someone would get back to me in 24hours. No one did, so I bought a different shower from a more reliable source and am still waiting for my refund from this place for over two weeks. Awful customer service, as although they may be freindly on the phone, nothing is ever chased up, and you are unlikely to speak to the same person twice. Will be getting my money back from the credit card company if its not resolved in the next day or two."
"Exorbitant delivery cost (£25 for an item costing £75). Got an email on 19th saying item had been dispatched. I tracked the parcel and it said it would be delivered on 22. Stayed in all day, but got call mid-afternoon to say it would be coming on 23rd. Stayed in all day again (that's two days off work!!), tracking all day and it still didn't arrive. Neither delivery company nor VP seemed able to do anything to help, other than offering another 'window' (ie an entire working day) on 25th. Attitude of both companies insincere and unwilling to help (ie refused to leave it in a safe place in my absence, despite me offering to take the risk. Poor customer service. Have cancelled order."
"shower has leaked from the start, also seal at bottom of shower screen has split; 4 emails have not sorted problem, phone calls hopeless,can be in cue for 45 mins. go to store rather than online"
"2nd time I’ve had faulty goods delivered, complained to Victorian plumb by phone and email and had no response after 4 working days. 1st time I had to wait a couple of weeks for replacements after sending several photos for proof etc. This time, there were parts missing. I’m still waiting!"
"Recieved units all looking great until we trid to fit basin onto vanity unit and it didnt fit properly contacted vp by email.. no reply so called cust service who asked for photos of problem which i sent...said they would get back to me within 48hrs 4 days later no reply sp called again mext day recieved email saying i had correct item so it was marked as ressolved i was fuming!!! Replied to email so it would reopen my query and also called again and promised it would be passed back to manufacturer another 2 days passed and still waiting doesnt lool like they have a clue. All i wanted was an exchange and this has turned into a very stressfull nightmare! I for one will not buy from again customer service is appalling!!!!"
"I received an order yesterday, checked the delivery to find one item broken. I contacted Victorian Plumbing straight the way and they asked me to send them a picture of the item in question. I did this and they've sent me a replacement item, after reading some reviews with negative feedback I just wanted to applaud them for the way they've handled my particular situation."
"I ordered a part (on the recommendation of my plumber) that, on arrival, was unable to be fitted without purchase of more fittings. As I already had a tap unit I decided to return the part. It was packed in the original box, then covered in loads of bubble wrap, and then put in another box - so no chance of damage. Guess what? I was refused a refund/exchange/ because it 'turns out' the part was damaged 'in transit'. Hmmmm, sure it was - scratches on chrome through bubble wrap?. I'd personally avoid in future."
"Do not use this company. They supplied taps to me which were the incorrect size (my fault) I did not even remove them from the packaging. I sent them back to the company who refused to refund claiming they were damaged. This was impossible as they were not unpacked. This company is a complete rip off."
Victorian Plumbing is rated 1.52 based on 161 reviews