Victorian Plumbing Reviews

Victorian Plumbing have a Customer Happiness Grade of E. Customers are happy with their delivery and customer service but are unhappy with their refunds. Full Insights

11% of reviewers recommend Victorian Plumbing

info@victorianplumbing.co.uk

Diamond House, 41 Stephenson Way, Formby United Kingdom

Category:
Business & Office

How would you rate Victorian Plumbing ?

"AVOID. Order a vanity unit via next day delivery. the item was not sent out at all. I had to chase the business as i did not receive tracking information..only to be told the item has not been sent out and my shipping would be refunded... they hadn't fulfilled a next day service so this should be refunded regardless. Now i am left out of pocket as i will need to call out a plumber to install the vanity unit and taps. This business is extremely unprofessional, you'd be better of shopping at ebay/amazon, cheaper and the sellers stay in line as they are governed by ebay/amazon and cannot pull the wool over your eyes!!"
"The worst company to do business with; they want discuss problems beyond the t & c’s are prepared to ignore consumer rights. NEVER EVER ORDER FROM VICTORIAN PLUMBING THEY ARE A NIGHTMARE"
"Delivery issues . Told we had a slot booked for today and no delivery. Enquired and they said it had not been sorted yet. Paid extra for delivery and we were informed that this had not been processed. Total and utter waste of my time. Would advise to never use them. Regurgitating service tell you one thing and do something completely different."
"We've had so many issues with our Victorian Plumbing order! Firstly our shower glass was broken on delivery, when I ordered a replacement they delivered a shower tray?!, in the 3rd delivery all appeared to be ok until it came to fitting and we had been given the wrong hinges to fit the glass - still waiting for the correct hinges, 4 months from original order date so far and VP couldn't care less. We also received a faulty shower valve. I now have an escalated plumbers bill as he was booked to do the work and couldnt do it as parts were all faulty. VP have not been helpful, and I find their emails irritating- they say things like 'As a gesture of goodwill we will offer you a replacement' um, no, you sent me faulty goods, it is my statutory right to receive a replacement, you're not doing me a favour! They are probably the worst company I have ever dealt with, if you're thinking of buying with them - don't! Its easy to be lured in by the low prices but we are paying for it tenfold in escalated fitting bills and ridiculous delays."
"I ordered a Cube 500 x 1600mm Heated Towel Rail 4 weeks ago which clearly says it has a straight profile to it. When it came, it was lop sided / curved so I reported it as a fault. Despite my protestations that the item is lop sided (designed that way, by the looks of it), Victorian Plumbing are having none of it. I've sent pictures in ("it looks curved as you're stood at an angle", "its not flat on the floor"... are the responses. Anyway, they said "as a matter of goodwill" they would come and collect it yesterday. Goodwill - you've picked and sent me the wrong product!! Never mind. Point is, I had to take a day off work yesterday for them to collect. Their collection agent, UPS, called me at 9.44am to say they couldn't make the 1.00pm latest collection window. So I asked them to confirm when they could make it. They phoned back at 10.09am to say it would be just after 1.00pm. So, I popped out for a couple of hours. In the meantime, they turned up at 11.58am and I was out. Hopeless. Now Victorian Plumbing want me to stay in another day for another collection. To be clear, this business picked and despatched the wrong product. They've dragged their feet in agreeing and then getting it collected. Their courier didn't show up on time. And now I must have another day off. This business couldn't care less about their customers. They have treated me with absolute disdain. Shocking treatment. Steer clear, there's far better plumbing businesses out there."
"Sent me a non complete order. Delayed my renovation due to missing parts although I had paid for next day delivery and still waiting for a refund from their rude uninterested customer call centre. Suposedly they would call me back. Appalling behaviour, never again."
"Do not place ANY ORDERS with Victorian Plumbing until they wake up and release they should NOT use UPS as a courier. You will NOT get your delivery. Victorian Plumbing may tell you that you will get your order in 2 or 3 days - no way!! Impossible! Our contractors are now delayed and we are stuck with the extra costs and trying to find another supplier."
"They do not offer a returns service! We had to organise and pay for the return ourselves only to be told that the item was smashed to pieces when it arrived. Very frustrating that a company of this size does not facilitate returns."
"Told us they would replace the wrongly sized shower door with the same delivery driver who delivers the correctly sized door but will take ten days. So was advised to order the new door and ask for return separately which I did. Total SCAM ! They don't collect, you have to arrange that and pay for it yourself. Victoria plumbing? more like Victorian practices."
"Bi fold shower door. Ordered 760mm, says 760mm on their wesite but door is in fact only 700ml wide. Their excuse is they allow for tiles. It doesn't say that when ordering. Get this, you have to pay to return it and because of its size we can't find anyone to collect it at our expense for their website mistake. Don't buy from these market traders."
"DO NOT use Victorian Plumbing. Your order will not arrive on the set date. Your order will then be late. Your order will not be as described on their website. Your order will have parts missing. You will be unable to complain as their is no one in authority to speak to. Order from Victorian Plumbing at your peril."
"I placed an order with Victorian Plumbing, having checked with them that my item was available. I was told the item was available direct from manufacturer. Payment was taken and I received an email saying my item had been dispatched. When I didn't receive my item, I contacted the manufacturer directly who informed me that Victorian Plumbing had been told previously that my item had been discontinued. Victorian Plumbing said they were not aware of this and took no responsibility for the problems. I wouldn't recommend them as a company."
"Ordered £600+ worth of bathroom goods and paid £35 extra for them to be delivered on a particular day. I was let down and the goods turned up days later causing great inconvenience. Staff were quick to blame me before climbing down when faced with the facts. They also did not tell the truth about refunding my £35. After waiting in unacceptably long queues of up to 14 people, I gave up phoning and corresponded instead with countless emails which were replied to without staff reading them properly. Finally, weeks later, I am to receive my £35. It seems that this company does not care in the least about customer service and does not train its advisers to an acceptable level. As for their goods, Apollo2 vanity unit is badly made and damaged. All credit to my bathroom fitter who spent ages getting it to look half decent. Would never deal with this company again."
"Nightmare!!! Worst experience I had. I bought 5 items on April, 2018, two of the items are faulty damaged I am still waiting for replacement and £50.00 refund was issued as "goodwill" according to company. Two months still can't used my bathroom. Third item toilet has fixing issues (many photos presented), but company can't see problem and can't offer me anything apart delivery refund. Not recommend this company to anyone."
"Where do I start. Items arrived damaged. Replacement item arrived more damaged than the first. Terrible delay in answering emails. Constantly telling me that they have resolved an issue when it clearly had not been. Failed to collect items. Still awaiting to resolve my issues from a February Order!! Will NOT be using them again. Still awaiting a refund but if they don't collect it I won't get a refund. Constantly reminding them to no avail."
"I mistakenly ordered the wrong size shower door as part of an order totalling over 1000 pounds. I wanted to arrange a straight swap for the correct size but was informed that there is no collections service (!!) and I would need to use a pallet courier service which would have cost 86 pounds to return the item then reorder in the correct size, with further delivery costs!! Their main competitors offer far better returns and collections - avoid this cowboy outfit and go with Victoria Plumb or Drench"
"Wrong sized items sent and i was told to 'cut them to size'. Terrible customer service, giving misinformation to make sales and were most unhelpful when I reported problems, taking weeks for them to tell me they will not help. Very poor, will never buy from them again and I will be advising others of what we went through. So I ordered a lovely small bath with matching panels and accessories. This took weeks to finalise! I liaised with the online and telephone customer service staff to get information about the material of the bath panels, size and a better explanation of how the accessories functioned. Turned out they were lying/wrong about the material, size and the accessories. The bath and panels arrived - the panels were too long for the bath. After weeks of sending the SAME photographic evidence multiple times and informing them the panels do not match the bath, they closed the complaint and told me to send the panels back! I explained that I was not willing to pay the £25 return fee. The customer service advisor looked into the case again and stated that they were the correct panels for the bath and that I should cut them to size! We bought a bath with matching panels to avoid a botched cut and shut job. It was so disappointing to have the staff lie (or most likely be so poorly trained that they just made things up to make the sale) and to be so unhelpful. Poor service, poor product details on the website and from staff, poor quality product (the wrong size!?!?!) And a really upsetting and disappointing experience all round. Not trustworthy, unfortunately."
"appalling company DO NOT USE. Have so far waited 3 weeks for delivery of a bathroom cabinet. They sent the wrong item. Denied ever having the order. Sent it out eventually via an horrendous cheap courier company. Washed their hands of it when it went missing again. And getting through to rude call centre staff a nightmare. VERY BAD EXPERIENCE"
"Worst company I've used in a long time. Ordered a shower, bath and showerscreen. Builder noticed a flaw in the shower unit, so called and was asked to send photos in. I was then told someone would get back to me in 24hours. No one did, so I bought a different shower from a more reliable source and am still waiting for my refund from this place for over two weeks. Awful customer service, as although they may be freindly on the phone, nothing is ever chased up, and you are unlikely to speak to the same person twice. Will be getting my money back from the credit card company if its not resolved in the next day or two."
"Exorbitant delivery cost (£25 for an item costing £75). Got an email on 19th saying item had been dispatched. I tracked the parcel and it said it would be delivered on 22. Stayed in all day, but got call mid-afternoon to say it would be coming on 23rd. Stayed in all day again (that's two days off work!!), tracking all day and it still didn't arrive. Neither delivery company nor VP seemed able to do anything to help, other than offering another 'window' (ie an entire working day) on 25th. Attitude of both companies insincere and unwilling to help (ie refused to leave it in a safe place in my absence, despite me offering to take the risk. Poor customer service. Have cancelled order."
Victorian Plumbing is rated 1.50 based on 167 reviews