VanCompare Reviews

of reviewers recommend VanCompare
Telephone, Live Chat, Email
Read VanCompare Reviews

About VanCompare:

VanCompare.com has teamed up with UK Broker ‘Business Insurance Solutions Ltdʼ (BIS), trading as ‘VanCompare Directʼ, to provide van insurance quotes from 20+ UK Commercial Vehicle Insurance Companies. BIS is one of the UK's leading Van Insurance brokers with over 50,000 van insurance customers.*

cs@vancompare.com

2 Denmark Road

Tell us how VanCompare made you happy
Worst company ever they never call you back and they hang up on you
Very bad service and communication!
Waste my time!
Typed all my details into the website, got an instant phone call saying they can do it cheaper than the website. Transferred me to another company which I had never heard of who then asked for ALL of my details. Firstly, I did not give you permission to call me (I stated email only on the contact info) and whats the point of giving all my details if you ignore them and pass me round to someone else. No thanks.
My wife took out insurance with these cowboys paid in full then she got a text asking for an extra £80 because she had an accident even though it was a no fault claim because of a rear shunt. When she phoned to cancel insurance they charged a cancellation fee of £25 she had the insurance for 3 days Please read I am a genuine person and don’t like being ripped off Don’t get insurance through this company
Extremely bad got commercial policy with them.At the beginning they tell you anything but to catch you. For example on 1st day I started the policy I was told I got 30 days of commercial purpose to travel abroad and only now they turned around saying nope is for social purposes. Trying to solve the matter?! Forget about I lost the wish to live they transfer you from one to another and some of them shut the phone on your face. Think twice before even thinking of using them
bad bad bad don't be fooled, they extort administation fees for just communicating with them
What a ripoff. Gave me my insurance, then demanded more documents. With no way to contact them. Automated system just round in circles. Their own system put me through to a number of companies who didn't know them, nor did they have any records of me on their systems. Then emailed threat of cancelation. Then told they going to take an aditional 25% £118 from my card plus admin fee of £35. Who the hell do they think they are.
I'm now waiting for a response to their latest demand. I've told them to remove my son from the insurance so they can't charge the extra. Lets see what they do.

Steer clear, they are
We received a quote, paid the deposit and set up direct debit online, everything looked fine, then received text to urgently call. The operator went through the questions again, then the price increased by nearly double,. when we asked for deposit back, they said we have to pay a cancellation fee of £25, we had the quote for no longer than 30 minutes and the the operator said our standard cooling off period for consumers was not valid. K Gace
Ever since I used your online site, I'm getting flooded with spam emails and bitcoin stuff.
Charlton's......
Be very careful using this company I made a slight mistake when they made the verification call and my quote went up £60 so when I told them to cancel they charged me a £25 cancellation fee for 20 minutes worth of insurance and accused me of fraud the operator was quite aggressive,I now tentatively wait for a refund on what’s left of my payment for 20minutes insurance I will be taking it up with the ombudsman use this company at your peril
I purchased a Policy Through this company. They ended up not giving me my insurance and they took my deposit never gave it back SCAM SCAM SMAM
Was going to cancel policy due to van breaking down and being totally off road. Rang to let van conpare know to be told there is a £90 cancellation policy. I guess that means £90 for someone to push a button somewhere. Feel ripped off won’t be going back.
(Rachel Power) - Posted 4 months ago
I haven't spoken to anyone regarding insurance.... I don't understand why you are asking me for a review...???
(Tayla Conway) - Posted 5 months ago
Good morning , I have just received this review to complete and I am very puzzled , how can I write a review for a phone call which you said we had this morning when in actual fact I haven't spoken to anyone from your company whatsoever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Antonio Vieira) - Posted 5 months ago
Absolutely untrustworthy society. She offered me about 40% more expensive VAN insurance than other companies. In addition, insurance brokers from various companies immediately started calling me without permission. Although I did not allow it in the possibilities. About 50 unwanted phone calls in 4 hours.
Sorry I picked Van Compare. I have had multiple emails and calls about proof of no claims bonus that I supplied then more calls looking for additional proof of no claims as I said I had access to a car as well as my van. When asked why they needed this as it isn't relevant to the van.policy i couldnt get a straight answer. I have insured multiple vehicles over 40 years and never had to prove no claims on a secondary vehicle that has nothing to do with the policy. In addition all my conversations were with a call centre in south Africa and Ion many occasions I struggled with the accents.
(Zinzan Finnucane) - Posted 6 months ago
Took out insurance from van compare asking for a policy with no no claims discount they had a box for mirroring no claims from another car the policy was 367 pounds so i paid it then the next day they emailed me asking for proof of no claims and they wouldnt accept it told me i could either cancel at 85 pounds or pay another 85 pounds to amend the quote so i went on their website and redid the quote with no mirrored no claims it was 369 pounds only 2 pounds dearer however they will not resolve the matter by simply adjusting the policy without me cancelling paying 85 pounds and starting fresh again or paying an extra 2 pounds so beware when the salesman wraps you up in jargon my biggest regret is that i paid up front these people are not to be trusted
absolutely dreadful to deal with. The customer contact centre is not english speaking, they do not understand what you are saying and I have had to request that they go back to the original call that I had with sales team. Dreadful to deal with. They dont listen they do not read emails etc. Nothing but hassle sorting out an insurance policy with them.
Terrible company. Rude customer service. An absolute scam - they will do whatever they can to steal your money.

I took out a policy on a Saturday and was subsequently phoned over 25 times between then and Tuesday morning when I was finally able to take the call (various reasons, driving, working and so on). When I did pick up the phone the customer service woman was:

1. made it clear she was annoyed that I hadn't picked up one of her earlier calls
2. was rude and obnoxious in telling me I had made mistakes when entering details for my policy (as far as I'm concerned I hadn't)
3. aggressively pushed me into paying more money than they had originally quoted me because of my 'mistakes'.
4. when I tried to question her reasoning for the changes she became dismissive and again, just plain rude
5. She was not clear at all and talked down to me during much of the phone call

In the end I paid extra because she was so adamant that I was wrong. To this day I believe I entered all the details correctly in the first place but, if I did do something wrong then at the very least the way she approached the problem was badly managed, rude and unclear.

Long story short I was so unhappy with the way they conducted business I ended up cancelling my policy (which they started 4 days later than I originally requested and included details which were different to what I had explicitly confirmed on the phone). They charged me a ridiculous amount of money to cancel - NOT just the £40 cancellation fee (and seriously, what company has a £40 cancellation fee in the first 14 days?!) and were incredibly rude throughout the entire process.
Furthermore, it took me 3 phone calls to cancel; they put a huge amount of pressure on me to keep their policy and repeatedly ignored my request to cancel instead putting me on hold to recalculate payments which they would then offer me.

This company are thieves and I would advise people to steer clear.

I took Haste and went Direct to another company and took out a policy which was cheaper - even when including in the total cost the money I lost to VanCompare, their customer service team were practically saintly in comparison.
I was unable to hear or understand what was being said to me due to the speed that she spoke and her strong accent I explained that the website was difficult to navigate as may question had yes & no answer?
I explained that I had given the information to the best of my knowledge only to be spoken to like I was stupid the I was forced to take the insurance or face £25 administrative fee even though I only booked the policy on line 60 seconds before I was contacted by phone as I was still trying to complete the form to check certain details and change them as they we’re unclear on the web page I was then told pay £70 more for the insurance or loose the £25 as an admin fee!
I will be speaking with the ombudsman regarding this and telling all my friends in face book about this con trick
Totally dissatisfied no stars from me I will be using another insurance company after I’ve been to the omsbudsman!!
(Nosiphiwo Mute) - Posted 7 months ago