VanCompare Reviews

91% of reviewers recommend VanCompare

About VanCompare: VanCompare.com has teamed up with UK Broker ‘Business Insurance Solutions Ltdʼ (BIS), trading as ‘VanCompare Directʼ, to provide van insurance quotes from 20+ UK Commercial Vehicle Insurance Companies. BIS is one of the UK's leading Van Insurance brokers with over 50,000 van insurance customers.*

cs@vancompare.com

2 Denmark Road

Tell us how VanCompare made you happy

Postal Service, Own Driver, Courier
customer service
"How was it well I took out cover with yourself yesterday and my van as now been impounded by police to say my van dose not have insurance wtf is going on and I’m now on hold while writing this has can’t get through all because the documents was issued on the 17sep and my new policy finished on August 2019 but I only just took out the policy yesterday wtf"
(Kululwa.Zitumone) - Posted 14 hours ago
"Shocking customer service"
"You are rougues"
(Montesque August) - Posted 1 week ago
"I am not happy because I told the officer that I do not want a policy plan, but he does not understand what I mean !!"
(Ryan Pink) - Posted 3 weeks ago
"Was Refunded for cancellation but charged £90 van compare + £87 from underwriter for 3 week cover. Cancellation and undeclared (expired 3 points) Which shouldn’t of been a problem before they issued paperwork out in my opinion. Lost £177 Total. Lots of calls to and from van compare and to underwriter and getting cut off twice and transferred several times to few different people in call centre."
"We was previously insured with this company and had no obligation or no claims while with this company. We brought a new truck and was waiting in the garage for 3 hours just for them to change over insurance but couldn’t do so and left me waiting I called up NFU and got insured in 10 minutes and then disgustingly had to pay a fee of £275.04p to end the insurance they couldn’t no longer provide. I wouldn’t rate this company at all please check the fine print on your paper work and don’t agree to anything online through this company"
"fully time waste website"
"Horrific internet rates at 20 percent which weren’t advised. Only found out once the renewal agreement came in. Enjoy this year, wont renew next year"
(Tayla Conway) - Posted 1 month ago
"Easy to use, got quotes went for second cheapest. Filled the online form and paid. Went through with the insurer when they called me back was told there was a mistake on the price online and it was going to be £15 more for the initial payment and an extra £10 per month for 10 months making it £115 additional for a £260 initial quote. Said the insurer not to worry about it and would go somewhere else and was promptly told it was £25 to cancel the policy I had had for ten minutes and after a month it raises to £95. Van compare then had the audacity to call me about 4 hours later and inform me there had been an error on their site and they had shown me prices that were too high and there were ones at a lower rate available and would run them through with me. Told them of the situation that the site had put me in and asked if they were going to give me £25 for their error initially so I could reinsure at no cost to myself. Was told NO as it’s not their problem that I had already insured my commercial van based on their previous recommendation but if I got one £25 cheaper would work out the same. Not to worry then about possible fees to cancel the monthly payment and have another credit check done in 24 hours. Would not use them and would just use another comparison site maybe one recommended buy the dude on morning TV Usless"
(Ben Hollington) - Posted 1 month ago
"They are the worst company you can get a quote with, customer service if I could give - 5 stars, they are rude and try to get every single penny from you. Never ever had such a bad experience like this before. Never going to recommend to anyone as well I felt I was a criminal on the phone the way the treat me because they couldn’t match the same price from online. Over £200 more than the actual online price very poor experience."
"JUST BEEN RIPPED OFF BY VAN COMPARE DIRECT !!, FOR ALL CUSTOMERS BE AWARE OF THE CANCELLATION FEES!!! TAKEN OUT A VAN INSURANCE LAST WEEK BY MISTAKE, TO FIND I WAS ALREADY COVERED WITH ADMIRAL INSURANCE UNTIL THE END OF AUGUST 2019, I ALSO RECEIVED THE RENEWED VAN INSURANCE COSTS FROM THEM DIRECT, WHICH ARE LOWER THAN VAN COMPARE DIRECT QUOTATION. I WANTED MY CREDIT CARD PAYMENT ( WHICH WAS PAID IN FULL LAST WEEK) PAID BACK , TO FIND A £ 85.07 CANCELLATION FEES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS WAS NEVER EXPLAINED WHEN TAKING OUT THE VAN COVER WITH VAN COMPARE DIRECT BEWARE, IF YOU MAKE A MISTAKE, VAN COMPARE DIRECT WILL MAKE YOU PAY DEARLY !!!! DONT USE THEM !!!!! BE VERY CAREFUL, GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING,"
"Worst insurance company I've ever been with nothing but hassle, keep trying to get more and more money out of you"
"Absolutely disgusted at van compare.i buy a tipper that I had to take back after 2 days to get my money back and so had to cancel insurance and van compare charge me 85 quid for doing so even though I was in my 14 day cooling off period.Alsi trying to get through to someone in cancellations that day was terrible.I rang and got through and was told will have to put you through to cancellations only to wait 20 mins and have the line to dead.rang again and the same happened. 3rd time got through after 25 mins! Terrible,il never be using this corrupt company again!"
Good day Mr Ridsdill,

Thank you for your feedback, we do appreciate it.

I have checked your policy and further more I can confirm that you have been charged the appropriate fee's in line with our terms of business. As you agreed to the terms at in inception of your policy we were within our right to charge you a cancellation Fee as well as retain the non refundable set up fee within the 14 Day cooling off period.

Should you wish to discuss this matter further please contact myself on nichola.geduld@vcil.co.uk and I'd be more than happy to help.

Nichola
"Poor service, when I rang to cancel Van insurance I was put on hold 3 times and cut off, spending over 40 mins on the phone in total. Obviously a ploy that the very uninterested staff are taught to annoy customers lucky enough to discover a decent insurance broker firm."
Hi Paul,

Im sorry you have had difficulty getting a hold of us,and thank you for your feedback. In line with the above if you could please email me at nichola.geduld@vcil.co.uk and provide me with your policy details I would be more than happy to look into the matter.

Nichola Geduld
"I agree with several other people this company will charge for everything, including adding your no claims bonus. They are quick to call you following an online quote, reassure you they can sort things out easily but don’t tell you they charge for anything possible. If you only do one thing today make sure its not using this company !!!"
"CROOKS THEY ADD MONEY ON FOR NO FAULT CLAIMS WHICH HAVE BEEN CLOSED. THE COST YOU ARE QUOTED AND THE MONEY YOU PAY ONLINE WILL NOT BE YOUR FINAL COST - SO BE AWARE!!!!!!"
Hi Mr Deed,

Thank you for your feedback, based on the above I would like to advise that all our Insurer's want to know of any accident, incidents, claims or losses regardless of blame on any vehicle in the past 5 years. If you have done a quote online and then spoke to one of our Sales staff where it came to light that you had an incident within the last 5 years which needed to be added to the quote then yes your premium offered will have changed from what you have received online based on your revised risk details.

If this however is not the case and you would like to discuss the quote you have received please email me on nichola.geduld@vcil.co.uk and I'd be happy to look into the matter.

Nichola Geduld
"This company is awful, please don’t insurance your van with them. They rang me four times asking me for information and I repeated the same answers four times. They called back and when I missed the call I waited on hold for over 20 mins to be told someone would ring me back that day, they didn’t. The next day my policy was cancelled. This company has caused me a lot of stress and inconvenience and as a tradesman I rely on my van. Customer service are terrible and rude. Terrible company."
Hi Mr Hughes,

Thank you for your feedback. I have checked your previous policy with ourselves and I can see it was cancelled as a result of misrepresentation, your Insurers have also provided you ample time and opportunity to resolve the issues in order to avoid cancellation although our team have been unsuccessful in establishing contact with yourself. On the occasions you have spoken to our staff all required information was not provided.

With that said if you feel you have been given a bad service please email me on nichola.geduld@vcil.co.uk and I would be happy to investigate further.

Nichola geduld
"Hello Mr Clark,I was wery delighted after I purchased insurance for my van. But now it turn up like a worse nightmare of my life. My 9 year no claime bonuses, not valid anymore for this policy and I will be treated like 0 no claime bonuses. My insurance will be re calculated and will cost around £1000 extra per year. I did provide all information in first place and look what I get. Can you please help to solve this nonsense for me. My number is 07949569812 Reference no.VO 465939-002 Vehicles no.GM18ZFN Many thanks"
Hi Mr J Petkevicius,

I have checked your policy and as a part of our validation your Insurers have requested that you submit various documents to validate that the risk details you have provided are correct. As you have stated above you are experiencing issues with your no claims bonus as I am sure are aware it is currently in use on another vehicle which means it cannot be applied to your policy with ourselves and therefore the discount needs to be removed which will result in an additional premium being applied.

I can see our Audit team has spoken to you and explained all. I will however get one of our senior staff members to contact you and explain what is required from you in order to keep this policy enforce.

Nichola Geduld
"You charged me 3 x the price of last year's insurance. Please reply to my email"
(Alexandra Pyman) - Posted 4 months ago
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback, from what I can see on your Policy that you called into our office to discuss and go ahead with the Renewal. Your premium this year is £29 more than last year and £129 cheaper than the year before. If you still wish to discuss this Renewal please call our office on 0333 200 4677 and we would be more than happy to assist.

VanCompare is rated 4.55 based on 996 reviews