VanCompare Reviews

91% of reviewers recommend VanCompare

About VanCompare: VanCompare.com has teamed up with UK Broker ‘Business Insurance Solutions Ltdʼ (BIS), trading as ‘VanCompare Directʼ, to provide van insurance quotes from 20+ UK Commercial Vehicle Insurance Companies. BIS is one of the UK's leading Van Insurance brokers with over 50,000 van insurance customers.*

cs@vancompare.com

2 Denmark Road

Click Here

Tell us how VanCompare made you happy

customer service
"Web site looks good seems simple to use until you try. I filled in details on first page and couldn’t progress any further for no reason, tried phoning for a quote and could grasp what I was being told nor could the telephone operator understand my regional accent. I’ve since gotten insurance elsewhere"
"Very long winded"
(Kululwa.Zitumone) - Posted 1 month ago
"Hi Ben. I still haven't received my insurance documents and certificate. Regards. Mr Ronald Farrow"
(Ben Hollington) - Posted 1 month ago
"Kept on the phone to long."
(Stuart Rooney) - Posted 2 months ago
"Hi there not happy at all i done the insurance application online and answered all the questions was quoted £470 i validated the policy online. Then i got text after text message telling me to call to validate the policy,starting from the begining again when it came to the question do you have any convictions i said yes one SP30 he said you did not tell us about the SP30 online and i did he then said would have to re quote again and it was a further £85 this SP30 has never increased or affected any other insurance premium that i have before including van compare before and have looked in to it and as far as i am aware it does not affect the premium cost. So no not happy at all and mayaby within the next few days after further investigation cancel with you i await you reply Mr Donald mac kinnon"
(Zinzan Finnucane) - Posted 2 months ago
"It isn't that Van Compare have poor customer service, but that all insurers rip off even well behaved motorists. I've been driving since the late 1980's and have never made a claim. I have been van sharing for some years, being kinder to the environment in doing so, and last had my own policy, with van compare 3 1/2 years ago, and have been a named driver on another van compare policy since. Now that I have to take out my own policy again I am being effectively fined with a policy more than double what I should be paying as I have lost my 9 years no claims. This amounts to more than I pay for gas and electricity per year! You'd think Van compare would do something about this unfairness, but they say their hands are tied on this as they are just the brokers. If we want to encourage people to van and car share to reduce emissions, the insurance industries urgently need to change their policies on this. Meanwhile this particular customer feels shafted."
(Rachael Griffith) - Posted 2 months ago
"After 2 weeks I am still awaiting my documentation ( requested via post) the emailed documents just comprised of a blank pdf document."
(Rebecca Oron) - Posted 6 months ago
"just taken out insurance with them and when they called it had gone up by £600 how does that happen after a argument with the girl she got it down in price but still more than the quote not happy at all"
Hi Robin,

I have checked you policy and I can see that our Sales Executive has made you aware of why there was an increase to the original quote you had done online. If you would like to gain a further understanding of the reason for the increased premium please email us at sales@bismail.co.uk and we would be happy to assist.

Nichola
"Had to keep re-sending information as kept saying they hadn’t received it. Asked for a lot of information that is normally available on the insurance database. Got my driving history wrong even after viewing my driving licence online. Need to updat their servi e. Very stressful taking out insurance with them wish I had just gone with other company."
"Three phone calls in three days of different people"
"Far from happy with all the extra hassle. I had to send you photo proof of my driving licence. Utility bill. Passport. Photograph of myself. Then that wasnt good enough. I was asked to take photos of both sides of my driving licence.... Ive been with you a few years. Not happy. Will shop around next year."
"Had great difficulty contacting customer support on one occasion kept in the phone system for 47 minutes with no response and when I did get through after 5 attempts over 7 days and 5 messages. The issue was only resolved by Annie Mguba using her wonderful personal initiative that resolved the problem. Which was that I could not down load my documents and still have not been able to down load my breakdown docs, but was not willing to go through the same long winded ordeal without bothering Annie as she is the only one who has a genuine interest in the customer in that department, and that includes the supervisor who on 2 occasions was to ring me!!! still waiting?"
Good day Mr Owen, Thank you for your feedback we do appreciate it. I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience with our Customer Support team, If you would like us to look into the matter please provide us with some of your details in order to locate your policy and get into contact with you.

Nichola
"The questions were over the top for a van that has been insured before for ten or so years and the DVLA thing was a nonsense effectively getting the client to do your job. It would seem that your company was unhappy with the voracity of the Aviva policy and the nine previous insurers. If I wasn't so busy and had not already started the process late I would have binned you as an insurer and gone elsewhere"
Good day Mr Crowe,

I'm sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with your experience and our processes.

Kindly provide me with your customer reference number so I can gain access to your policy to have a look into this for you.

Kind regards

Rebecca
"van compare is very quick to issue 7 days notice of policy cancellation without clear correspondence"
Good day Mr Tajoodeen.

I'm sorry to hear that you are not happy about the process we follow.

Kindly provide your customer reference number so I can gain access to your policy and have a look into this for you.

Kind regards

Rebecca
"to much money"
"I’m not overly happy with the whole service and I will be changing when contract up"
Good evening Mr Cummerson, Thank you for your feedback we do appreciate it. Please contact myself personally on nichola.geduld@vcil.co.uk so we can have a look into the service provided to yourself. We do appreciate your continued business and would like to do what ever we can to make your journey with ourselves as smooth as possible and inevitably retain you as a valued customer. I look forward to hearing back from you.
Nichola
"Firstly mislead on no claims then sent emails for no claims discont you had all this information and said you were getting in touch and then nothing"
Good evening Mr Sheader, thank you for your feedback it is appreciated.If you are unclear on anything at all and would like to discuss your policy I would be happy to assist please email myself on nichola.geduld@vcil.co.uk. As it stands nothing further is required on your case and the validation has been complete.
"Van Compare, should "COMPARE" for best quote each year for renewals, not just when they are told I will look else where."
"Last year the co you put me with went bust. I got a reduced rate of £10.00 per month because I was messed about. This year, my payments went up £20 per month, looks to me like your'e getting the £10.00 per month back. Also, when I asked if I could protect my no-claims bonus(which is a good 10 years) I was told I couldn't. It looks like I'll be looking for a different broker when its due for renewal."
VanCompare is rated 4.55 based on 1,133 reviews