Traditional Beams Reviews

Pierluigi Capparella
Thomas Smith
Chris Scotton
Andy Bujok
Great range of beautiful stained oak colours. Great to be able to attach a very substantial shelf to plasterboard
Hi Jan, we absolutely love this video review - thank you so much for going to the effort to do this, its massivley appreciated! We are delighted you are happy with your Oak Shelves, we hope to hear from you again in the future :)
Fabulous beam for my fireplace. Great service and great product. Easy to fit too
Searched the internet for ages and couldn’t be happier with the beam. I ordered the “light” and went 6inch high and 5inch deep. Really pleased with the dimensions for the fireplace and the colour and details to the fireplace are just right
Traditional Beams 5 star review on 16th January 2021
Brilliant beams and service
Beam will be fixed to fireplace next week, but the beam itself appears very satisfactory.
Good service from start to finish, decent price and when beam arrived, could see it was a quality product. Was finishing touch to my fire place.
Traditional Beams 5 star review on 15th January 2021
Lovely beam, however installation was frustrating... it's still not sitting correctly and has a gap at the top.
Fantastic service, love our beam.
Would definitely use this company again.
Thanks
Traditional Beams 5 star review on 15th January 2021
I was looking for a beam with rustic character - knots, lumps, cracks etc. The beam i received was perfect - very close in quality to the photos online. Attaching it to the wall was simple, as clear instructions and quality fixtures were included. I'm very pleased with my purchase.
Fantastic thanks to traditional beams. A beautiful piece of timber and great communication throughout.

Will definitely be back for more

Tim Doyle. TD Carpentry and Joinery
Very pleased with the service we received, from ordering through to the product. The actual beam is of the highest quality and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend.
Good quality, nice addition
Traditional Beams 5 star review on 14th January 2021
Superb company that have delivered a bespoke product to me. Nothing was too much trouble. They made it custom size and sent me pictures throughout production to ensure I was happy with the result.
Very impressed with you.
Traditional Beams 5 star review on 13th January 2021
Ordered an oak shelf that was delivered promptly and proved to be of high quality - very pleased with the product and service
Ordering was easy, delivery was as promised (even in the run up to Christmas). The aged oak fascia beam was exactly what we wanted, was easy to fit, and looks superb. We'll be using Traditional Beams again, without a doubt.
Traditional Beams 5 star review on 13th January 2021
Good service but disappointed in the goods received. Received an oak beam which was split down the whole length to a depth of about 3/4 of the width.
Hello Brian, thank you for your review.

The product you have received is an air dried oak beam which can feature varying cracks and other distinguishing features. We do show a number of photos to give an idea of the differences in beams on the product page however each piece is unique as it is a natural product. We also state in the description that each beam can vary in terms of cracks, knots, grain and colour. These are the same beams we use for all of our fireplace beams which we also have finished examples of throughout our website. We offer this option to provide cheaper prices for those wanting to finish their fireplace beams themselves and save some money.

I can see you ordered directly from our website and all of this information was available to you at the time of order so it is disappointing to see a negative review based on something that is a natural part of the product and to be expected.

I can assure you we don't send beams out with cracks which are excessive and can not be used. We only send out high quality beams. Cracks can actually be a good indication the beam is nice and dry and has done the majority of its moving. The cracks will also not affect the structural integrity of the beam.

As the beam are air dried is it also typical for beams to crack as they acclimatise to room temperature. If you are looking for a product with no cracks then I believe this may not be the right product for you.

I have checked our emails to see if you have messaged us about being disappointed with your order. Unfortunately I can not see any correspondence from yourself. If you are not happy with the item we happily accept returns providing the item is unused and in its original condition.

Many thanks,
Rebecca
Although my shelf arrived damage, i emailed customer services immediately. After receiving a reply apologising for any inconvenience caused. They said they would send a replacement out immediately. This they did and a replacement shelf was delivered the next day. I am impressed with their service and would not hesitate in using them again and would highly recommend. Thank you Traditional Beams for restoring my faith in human kind.
Sally
Traditional Beams 5 star review on 13th January 2021
Great service & extremely pleased with our oak beam. It looks wonderful above our fireplace.
Excellent service and beam was very easy to fit.
Traditional Beams 5 star review on 12th January 2021
very good service, good quality so very pleased with the outcome
The beam we ordered was perfect and looks beautiful. The service was excellent and we are very happy.
Traditional Beams is rated 4.90 based on 1,334 reviews