The Van Insurer Reviews

of reviewers recommend The Van Insurer
Read The Van Insurer Reviews

customer.services@theinsurers.co.uk

Tell us how The Van Insurer made you happy
Absolutely diabolical of a company, would never recommend, nor use, I’m having to turn to newspapers. press, and financial ombudsman. Very poor company
They found my van on the website by using the reg so I used that, when they called me up to confirm the details they said the van was an automatic but it’s a Manuel and to change it was an extra £48 on the premium, also the ‘occupation’ section isn’t clear, I put that I was an engineer as that’s what I do but when I was called it had to be changed to ‘company director’ which was then an extra £40, so website has wrong details for vans and not clear that you don’t actually write your occupation, I’m sure if these details for correct on the website I wouldn’t have had to pay a ridiculous amount of money to say my van is a Manuel
Terrible customer service and very dishonest, would NEVER recommend to fellow tradesmen.
Gave me a quote online when I went to buy after going out and buying the vehicle it wouldn’t let me buy on line. I had to ring to buy. When I was put through I gave the exact same details and the quote went from £3659 to over £9000, which I couldn’t afford. So be careful with these quotes!!
Absolutely shocking, got a quote for £1200-1400 from the van insurer and regardless of how many times I inputted my details, the quote barely changed, I then contacted the cheapest insurer and was informed that the van insurer quotes are wrong and I had to pay £2000+ for that cover. Now paying over the odds for my insurance because the insurer claim the quote was incorrect which in my opinion I should of been able to pay as I purchased the vehicle based on that quote, the insurer also used my details and the quotes apparently came back 2000+ although I copied The details they used and it also came back at 1400. Absolutely shocking experience and do not recommend.
do not wast your time, very poor service.
I have lost £54 for cancellation policy as the price increased from little one up to more than I could imagine. I've spent almost one hour on the phone when one person redirected me to another. Waste two days in total.
Very amateur company, it seems as though no one speaks to one another and no one seems to be able to make a decision, it’s a cheap quote, but you really do get what you pay for.
Joke of a company. Would never use again.
Claimed I had not filled my details in correctly, premium raised significantly then wanted to charge me for cancellation. Avoid at all costs.
Decided to use this company as price was good. Called to clarify a few details, told to do it online as it is cheaper. Completed everything and took out the policy, to then get bombarded with e-mails, texts and calls, to validate it! Sat on the phone for 20 mins whilst an incompetent worker went through all the details I had already inputted. I realised that if it is this hard to buy insurance it is time to walk away, imagaine if I had to claim! I was then told they would take £25 admin fee, even though the insurance had not started, as it still was not agreed by the underwriter! Buyer beware....
after spending over an hour on the phone to you we could have got it cheaper some where else. Had to take my partner of the insurance not happy at all. kind regards Carol Tye
So had a quote, paid online and it was cheap, then they rang me up to confirm details, fair enough I had made a mistake, the put price up by £130, I said no thanks, I will cancel, I had a cheaper quote and charged me £25 cancellation fee for the privilege, had the policy 10mins. Sour grapes you think ! Nope ! Went back online and corrected my mistake and the policy re quoted £13 cheaper so they are absolute sharks. I would avoid.
Took out insurance policy on 2nd of October 2019 payed deposit insurance company says its insured but police impounded my vehicle saying it doesnt now I've got to pay 150 to take my vehicle out of impound an it's still not showing as insured on mid
Poor customer services and over priced
Although I ticked not to be contacted while registering, you phoned me before I had time to get a quote. That tells me all your bothered about is the hard sell..not what I'm looking for from any company associated with my company's van insurance... I clicked off you site and blocked your number... Here is a idea try giving your customers what they want instead of what you can sell them!.

Ps; I can now add your email to the spam 🤗
I went through their process, and was very sure to click that I didn't want to be contacted by anyone else. I purposefully did not allow them to pass on my details.

15 minutes later, I had a call form someone at A-Plan, saying they can beat my quote, and that they got my details from The Van Insurer. Very poor service, and I won't use again.
Disgusting attitude towards their customers and poor communication and don't know how to talk to you over the phone, fraudulent company who will cancel you're insurance and demand fees after AVOID!!!
3 times the amount I got it for in the end.. rip off..
Disgustingly overpriced quotations. Just a waste of time entering details with all quotes more than twice that of other sites.
The Van Insurer is rated 4.64 based on 1,528 reviews