The Pi Hut Reviews

Bill K
NP000173822 S
NP000173822 S
The Pi Hut 5 star review on 12th May 2022
Fast delivery time and good product.
Speedy delivery, great gear!
Delivery came quickly.
Shop is easy to navigate. As someone new to Arduino, it would be great if there was more info on compatibility, I've bought something that I'm not sure is compatible with the Arduino I am using and it's been difficult (even on Google) getting a direct answer about compatibility.
Product arrived quickly and well packaged. But I, perhaps naively, expected the 10" touchscreen to be 'plug and play' for the Pi400. It turns out not so. What worries me is that there is no life at all in the screen when power is applied - no change in brightness of the black screen at all. So I'm wondering if it is faulty, or whether I need to edit the config file on my Pi before the screen will respond at all... any advice?
The package came in good condition and right on time.
Very happy. The only slight problem was caused by me wanting to add something to my basket just seconds after pushing the buy button and finding out that there is no leeway whatsoever - once the order is placed if I wanted to add something even seconds later I have to place another order. Well in this case I chose not to go through the hassle so both customer (me) and seller are missing out! By the way - in the question below asking who made the delivery- how am I supposed to know the difference between a courier and PiHut's own driver? I didn't ask for the name of his employer! Call me grumpy if you like.
the mouse pad is nice, but a very long waiting period for the shipment
great range of products, easy to navigate and purchase. Processing and delivery of items was fine, everything arrived on time.
It was easy to find what I was looking for, and it was delivered really quickly..
The heatsink is perfectly sized, however as the value of the product is so low the postage was significantly more than the product! Could use a much smaller envelope and probably get away with a first class stamp!
Goods arrived promptly and complete. Unfortunately the SBC Pico breadboard had a fold in the sticky foam backing, which prevented it from sitting flat on the PC base, and adjusting it started to pull out the connector bars from the back of the breadboard. Not entirely satisfactory, but still usable. Otherwise good value.
Nice and strong case, exactly what I was looking for for years. 4/5 starst because when I have a 3.5 HDD, the fan is always at max speed whatever adjustments I made with argon-config. (I don't have this issue with 2.5 HDD).
Wireless keyboard seems great at this early stage. A bit of a shame that the batteries were DOA, but I had rechargeables to put in anyway so not a bg problem.
Bought an Argon EON PiNAS case, which was delivered within 24hrs of ordering it! Very nice product but it would have been nice to know that it shipped without a RTC battery, so that I could have ordered one with it. Also the documentation does not specify which battery to use, an Argon 40 issue not PiHut, but a note in the product details that a CR1220 lithium cell will be required would be nice. Without the RTC battery Linux does not play nice as strange times are returned from the system clock causing all kinds of strange errors.
I bought some spare fans for my Raspberry Pi 4B which runs custom CCTV software 24/7. The set up has been running for a year now and the fan still runs reasonably quietly so I'm pleased with that performance from such a low cost item. I got the spares on the basis that the fan would be the most likely first point of failure.
Easy to order and arrived promptly despite public holiday. No instructions or circuit diagram provided.
My overall experience has been marred slightly by a logistics issue that I hope my feedback can help with. I had opted for the stock update and acted as soon as a Pi 4 b came in stock so that I could get one for my daughter, unfortunately in my haste I ordered the base model when I needed a starter kit (power pack, NOOBs etc). The order was placed just before the weekend but I immediately emailed to highlight my error and ask if the order could be immediately changed. I was informed that this wasn’t possible, by this point I had already ordered the starter kit so effectively had 2 orders against my account. I paid postage on both orders, they then arrived in the same box some days later. I emailed and Billie refunded the second postage immediately which I believe was right and proper. I have also since decided to keep the second base Pi and use it in the future but it did make me think, if I couldn’t afford to do that, there would’ve been a postage cost to return the item that could have been cancelled minutes (possibly 15 at the most) after the initial order went through? I wonder if there is some period that could be invoked incase others make the same mistake? Otherwise I have to say, the website is clear and concise, the ordering process is swift (maybe too swift 😉) and the products are well displayed. The email stock update is extremely welcome and assisted me getting my Daughter’s first Pi. I will definitely shop again and appreciate the customer support when I approached regarding the postage. Moral of the story here maybe check your order and don’t get too excited before pressing the order button!
I bough the plastic ink black keyboard case, god quality and fast(ish) shipping
Delivery stuck in London since 28. April. Delivery by DHL