The Pi Hut Reviews

Bill K
NP000173822 S
NP000173822 S
The Pi Hut 5 star review on 12th May 2022
Well I don’t normally give reviews, but I’m dyslexic so I don’t even know how I got my order wrong, but I did. As soon as I realised I said it took 4 days to get here, even though it was bank holiday. I sent it back I’m still waiting for a refund but the right part came the next day! Which was quite impressive!
For Irish customers be aware that VAT is payable to An Post with and admin fee. I bought an RPi pico with a starter kit for about 22€. The VAT and admin fee was another 8€ (nearly double the cost of the Pi pico!)
Great service, the kit arrived very quickly. The box containing the Pi was sealed but I am puzzled as to why there was a cut in the lid running almost the full width. The OS on the SD card was 32 bit, I was expecting it to be 64 bit. Everything works fine.
Delivery and order processing was quick and can't complain. But the Pi itself looked like a return, the box was open but worse it was loose in the outer packaging. Fortunately undamaged and the Pi worked fine, but I am not particularly impressed.
Delivery was very fast. I have only tried out the LEDs which seem fine apart from the purple ones which are light blue. I am very disappointed because I bought the kit because I wanted purple ones.
I didn't receive an order confirmation at the same time I placed my order. I think the order confirmation came the next day or maybe even the day after, I even emailed customer support :p. the item i received is quite heavy and it would be nice to include product weight in the specifications section for each item.
Ordering and receiving the item was great, however, there is a complete lack of technical information on the MAKER RP2040 device, such that at the moment I can't use it. Very disappointed.
still didn't arrive
The momentary capacitive touch sensors activate when my hand is 4-5mm away fro the pad so unusable for my application as when I connect a piece of metal and put my hand over if it activates from about 3cm away
Everything fine, except that the hdmi port on my Pi W almost immediately snapped, which is fine, as I use it mostly with SSH, but wouldn’t be good if that wasn’t the case
I paid for expedited shipping and have still not received my product. This option was recommended by your team and has taken too long already.
SSD Base Enclosure for Argon ONE Cases Great idea, but suffers in the details. Hold down screw holes for the SSD push it too far into the enclosure meaning the SATA-USB cable won't fit. Spacers are too short for the height of my standard SSD. Easily fixed as I had longer ones in the draw. But sadly not Plug and Play As always can't fault the speed of delivery with PiHut.
You guys are great, but in the post-Brexit landscape you really do need to register for IOSS in the EU.
Had to wait for stock and then wasn't notified via email, which I had requested. Then the colour of the case I wanted wasn't available so had to choose alternate. Anyway, everything arrived quickly.
Yes I had great experience shopping on The Pi Hut
The service and website were fine! But the usb/audio jack adapter did not work. For £4 my expectations were not high. Maybe I should try the DACBerry 400S as a last resort before I throw the Raspberry Pi 400 into the skip.
Why is there a shortage, for a UK based company, I would imagine, UK sourcing and manufacturing. This has Hugh ramifications on Industries, that have relied on you. I can use chipsets, however others have relied on your SoC to develope buisness's. Anyhow, you made something good, I hope things progress.
I have used Pi Hut a lot of times either personally or through companies I do work for. Usually my experience is good to great but sadly not this last time. I ordered 4 small touch screens, received confirmation of the order, payment taken and that it had shipped. All good up until DHL delivered my order but only 2 screens instead of 4. I checked my emails, nothing, then I noticed an email from PayPal saying they had given me a partial refund. I would expect the supplier to notify me of the shortage. It has cauused me a lot of aggrevation with my customer as I can now not complete my job!
Always had great service with the Pi Hut and it loathes me to markdown on this occasion but what would a rating system be if you couldn't air the odd niggle now and then :) It's partly my fault hence still 3 stars. I placed an order and realised within 20 minutes, I had made a mistake. Couldn't find any way of cancelling the order so contacted support. As it was Sunday I figured they would be able to deal with it before the order was shipped but unfortunately, that wasn't the case, so now I'm faced with having to return the goods and lose money in shipping fee's which could easily be avoided if there was a way to cancel an order.
I received the Raspberry Pis I needed, but they took about 10 days to arrive, and there was no tracking info available, which was nervewracking.
The Pi Hut is rated 4.95 based on 70,170 reviews