The Luxury Wood Company Reviews

Based on 4,307 reviews
5 out of 5
Read The Luxury Wood Company Reviews

About The Luxury Wood Company:

The Luxury Wood Company supplies premium kiln dried hardwood firewood and wood pellets on a nationwide free-delivery basis. Our wood is kiln dried and of the highest quality available in the UK.

info@luxurywood.co.uk

Manor Business Park Darlton Rd

Only problem I have is when I order the pallet of wood, I ask for it to be delivered on a few particular days but unfortunately the delivery company that Luxury Wood use (not their own) don't seem to get this information, but when we were notified that the delivery company was aiming to deliver it, we were able to cancel the delivery for another day, other than that everything is fine.
The wood is fine. The cost of shipping is astonishing. Delivery day was changed the day before it was due to arrive, even though I'd booked the time off work. This was clearly done to maximise revenue from shipping cost which was £125. Won't be using again.
Dear Anthony, HIAB deliveries are extremely expensive especially nowadays with the ever-rising fuel cost. Your delivery location is over 4 h drive away from our warehouse hence the corresponding delivery surcharge. All customers are welcome to collect directly from our DN22 location (terms apply). Best regards, LWC Team
Great timber but very poor delivery service. After twice confirming the delivery date including on the day itself, The Luxury Wood Company called me to say it would be the following day. I had taken a day's vacation from work to accommodate so was not at all satisfied and was offered no recompense for my loss.
The 125mm x 225mm oak sleepers were delivered on time and the price was competitive. The sleepers are incredibly heavy and the quality of the wood was great. Although I was disappointed in the quite obvious saw marks from when they were cut to size. I wanted smooth and plained which I thought I'd get. Not only that but the dimension are not all consistent and some of the sleepers stick out by about 3/4mm from others. I will now have to hire or buy a belt sander to get the desired finish.
8 bags damaged with contents spilled. Two obviously hit by a fork lift aS damaged on outside of stack contents spilling out of cling film wrapping. Remaining six bags had been packed on stack damaged as bags were damaged on the inner stack, not burst seams but actual tears I estimate about four to five bags in all lost due to the damage. Wood pellets appear to burn well, little dust as stated. Would I buy again, Yes more care needed in handling
The web site described my order as a full crate but what was delivered was marked as a half crate. The dimensions did not match any of the crate descriptions on the web site. I was told that the half crate description was the nearest that fitted what was delivered. On the basis of the dimensions given on the label and that on the web site, I received a lesser amount. Who knows? The delivery was efficient.
Usually very good but would have appreciated being told that you have reduced the crate size
Poor communication throughout the buying process including up until the delivery date! A great number of the logs are huge!! Too large to handle not to mention too large for our wood burner.
Product (Eco Briquette) chosen due to greenish credentials vs real Ash logs. Each set of 5 logs (10kg) is wrapped in plastic. This was tested and found not to be waterproof for more than a few minutes. The company does advise that the product needs to be kept dry, which is why I tested a sample physically before stacking all 960kg in my carport, which could flood. I had phoned first to ask about this, the call-handler had no idea, but said “they” would find out and come back to me. They didn’t bother so, two days later, I ordered anyway, having ascertained that I could dry-stack the bags elsewhere. The product comprises waste softwood-dust, which is good, but unless that is from FSC-certified wood, it is only really a pale-green solution. I couldn't tell whether or not the plastic wrapping can be composted or recycled and couldn’t afford to waste the time to ask more questions, so the jury is still out. A test fire in the stove that evening was successful, with a subjective high heat yield and easy lighting. Relatively messy to use vs logs. There is another product on the market made from hardwood dust which gives a much higher specific heat output for only a slightly higher price, but I couldn't track it down in time for this order, although I will next time. The delivery was efficient and on time and the driver friendly and helpful. If the bags were both waterproof and recyclable and the company could manage to express this at the point of sale, I could improve my rating.
Lots of dust and small pieces of wood contrasting some very large logs.
Dear Michael, we are sorry to hear this and would like to discuss these issues to see if we can find a suitable way of putting it right. Please contact us on support@luxurywood.co.uk with full details of the problem.
I have bought your logs for years and happy but the latest supply ( 2x 70 oak nets) are disappointing in comparison to previous logs. The size of each log is far smaller than before. Too many small pieces almost starting wood and even though my burner small do not last. A bigger burner would be a problem with these logs. Prices have also jumped and delivery now charged. I will now be considering another supplier which is a shame.
Hello John, we are sorry to hear this and would like to discuss these issues to see if we can find a suitable way of putting it right. Please contact us on support@luxurywood.co.uk with full details.
If I was just reviewing the wood, and Luxury Wood's customer service, it would be 5 stars. But unfortunately, the delivery companies you use, let you you down every single time. So disappointing.
Dear Jil, We are sorry for the negative experience you had with our subcontractor. We hope they will perform better the next time you place an order with us.
The First consignment was sent in a 12.5 tonne truck which could not get up the driveway. The second attempt came in an 18 tonne truck which did manage to get up the driveway??? You figure it out. Also the nets contain too many small logs which are good for kindlers but burn too quickly. More bigger logs required.
Dear Bernard, We have done everything possible to be able to deliver to you as you required. As advised we even used an extenal delivery company, paying all the extra charges, to make you happy, despite our kerbside policy that is clearly stated on our website.
About 39% of the Logs were very small, probably OK for kindling but not much use in a log burner I'm afraid. Disappointed. Last order I had was fine, good sized logs, burned very well , this one , sorry to say had too many pieces which you couldn't realistically call a log, more like a split small branch, 2 or 3 inches diameter at most.
Hello Andrew, we are sorry to hear this and would like to discuss these issues to see if we can find a suitable way of putting it right. Please contact us on support@luxurywood.co.uk with full details of the problems you have.
Out for delivery on Friday, delivered on Monday?
I have used LWC for some years and would normally award 5*. However this time from one pallet, I sorted out 3 large bags of what I can only call kindling wood (see photo of 1 bag). This may well be a supplier problem rather than LWC, but the fact remains that the wood burns very quickly.
Product fine but not impressed with the delivery contractor
To many small logs in this delivery.
Tracking order process was non existent untill delivery was attempted by the local delivery company. No phone call to arrange a time. As I was at work I couldn't receive it. The next day they tried to deliver, still with no call to arrange a suitable day or time. Third time lucky, but a real struggle with communication from the local delivery company. The wood is in thinner sections than I imagined, but it's dry and all the right length.
The wood looks good stacked, does burn a little hotter than our normal supplier, but at £300 it was twice as expensive as our normal supplier. Couple that with the three week delivery time and I don’t think we’ll be going back. The wood does the job very nicely, but value for money comes up short.
The Luxury Wood Company is rated 4.52 based on 4,307 reviews