The Luxury Wood Company Reviews

of reviewers recommend The Luxury Wood Company
Read The Luxury Wood Company Reviews

About The Luxury Wood Company:

The Luxury Wood Company supplies premium kiln dried hardwood firewood and wood pellets on a nationwide free-delivery basis. Our wood is kiln dried and of the highest quality available in the UK.

info@luxurywood.co.uk

Manor Business Park Darlton Rd

The Luxury Wood Company 5 star review on 15th June 2021
The Luxury Wood Company 5 star review on 10th June 2021
The Luxury Wood Company 5 star review on 13th May 2021
Gary Southern
Probably the worst batch of wood we have received
Dear Paul, We sell landscaping grade sleepers that can have all sorts of imperfections as per our website. If you would like to discuss this further please feel free to send us all the relevant information to support@luxurywood.co.uk
I placed my order on the 30th January which included a £90 delivery charge. Disappointingly it is now 21/02/20 and I still haven't received my order or have delivery date despite all the items I ordered being in-stock. I have also been disappointed with the level of information provided regarding the delivery. No updates or tracking number provided.
Hi Mark, Although we aim to deliver as quickly as possible the time frame for our oak sleepers and posts is between 5 and 15 working days. We are working on providing more accurate tracking but at the moment that option is not available.
Hmm. I’ve been invited to give a review on my recent purchase. That’s rather difficult because the purchase was made 3 weeks ago and as yet I haven’t received the goods!! I appreciate we’re in strange times but Luxury Wood promise to deliver within that timescale. Following an email I have been promised I would receive my sleepers early next week. I hope that’s true to their word and that the product is of the best quality. We shall have to wait and see...
Dear John, we were all put in a very difficult situation with the global pandemic and the new Brexit regulations. We did our best to deliver within our time frames. Sadly we were behind schedule. We hope you are enjoying the product though.
See Trustpilot
Dear Andrew, Please let us know how we can assist you. The official contact/complaint email address for our company is support@luxurywood.co.uk
We’ve had quite a few deliveries from you and have always been very happy with your service and product but the last one was absolutely shocking. Firstly the delivery driver couldn’t get the pallet off his wagon and then just decided to dump it just (and I mean just) on the pavement completely blocking my entire drive. When I rang to complain as my wife and my 3 children had to hand ball the logs down my drive at about 6.30 in the dark as I had been called away with work you didn’t seem to care at all and said next time put a note on the order to say you need a lifter on the delivery. Customer service was none existent in my opinion
Dear Chris, We are sorry for the unpleasant experience you had with our subcontractor. We have been in touch with them stressing the need to improve their delivery service.
Was very very disappointed with the crate of logs you sold me. When I ordered them you told me that you had no class B crates available but the crate I got delivered it was obvious that the logs were not class A. I have had to re split at least 1/3 of the crate as the logs would have been to large for my log burner there was also rotten and over sized, in length, logs. I have been a customer of yours for a few years but unless we can sort out the cost of that crate I will be looking to buy elsewhere. I await your reply Thanking you Peter Long
Dear Peter, We have been in touch with you and we hope that we were able to address your concerns the best possible way.
We ordered on 1st Jan. Still not received it. Been on to customer services gone to wrong depot. Still no wood. VERY unimpressed with service.
Dear Charles, We have chased the subcontractor and done all the necessary steps so you can receive the order. Unfortunately we can not control everything in transportation and the depots are prone to mistakes. Your order has been located and put on a premium delivery service.
I ordered from this company in the past and when I received the logs they filled my log store and I had about 7 wheelbarrow loads extra. They have clearly made the crates a lot smaller to hold the logs but still charging the same price because the load I recently received would not even fill my log store. I have gone elsewhere and received a much bigger load than this company sold me and the other company was a bit cheaper for exactly the same wood. Will not be using this company again.
Dear Clare, The size of the full crates we sell is 1.6 m3 stacked volume and 2.3 m3 loose as per our website. If you feel you have received less quantity please contact us on support@luxurywood.co.uk so we can look into the matter urgently.
Should be zero stars. Upon arrival the first thing the driver said was ‘I’m gonna need your help’. He told me he couldn’t get the large crate of oak logs into my cart lodge (like every other company seems to be able to do) because he only had a manual trolley jack. He told me he’d leave it on the drive and I’d have to stack it myself. After a long conversation I told him to take it back. He eventually reversed his lorry in (grumbling all the way) and asked me to stand under the crate and steady it whilst he lowered the tailgate!! Seriously, stand under a ton of oak logs!! I’m not sure he found my response helpful. I asked him what he’d have done had I been a pensioner to which he huffed ‘I’d have had to take it back’. After nearly an hour it was in place, not before nearly ripping the cart lodge guttering off with the lorry door. Every other company I’ve used takes 5 mins. I’d estimate one third of the crate was only good for kindling, the rest mediocre. Never again.
Dear customer, We are sorry for the negative experience you had with our subcontractor Pallex. Please contact us on support@luxurywood.co.uk with full details so we can raise the issue with the pallet network management and make sure you do not have to go through the same problems again.
This company are just a bad experience. The office told me I would be informed when the delivery was going to be made instead it arrived when I was out by a grumpy unhelpful driver. The logs were made up by no more than kindling when l rang the office they told me to stack the wood up and send a photo. I was offered a £30 credit off my next delivery which is a clever ploy knowing full well I won’t be ordering again. Be aware!
Dear Malcolm, We apologise again for the issues with Pallex. They are contracted to pre-arrange all deliveries. We hope you will give us another chance as a company.
Still haven’t received my order
Dear Johann, We apologise for the unusual delay and are glad you have finally received the pallet.
Product fine. Delivery very unsatisfactory. No notification of delivery, disclaimer required unless unloaded at roadside. Not acceptable, unlikely to order in future.
Very poor, no communication, turned up damaged, no reply from company addressing the issues. Have used this company many times. Will not be doing so in the future.
Dear Cliff, We apologise for the lack of communication, unfortunately your comments ended up in our spam. We will contact you as a matter of urgency to discuss the issues.
The quality of wood was disappointing ordered hard wood but there was a significant amount of soft wood in the centre of the crate. The delivery was shambolic as was the response of the person we spoke to at The Luxury Wood Company. So I will not order from you again. I rated the product and service a single star as this review did not permit no star.
Dear Ann, We are sorry for the issues with the delivery and can assure you that we do not sell any soft wood. If you would like to discuss further please contact us on support@luxurywood.co.uk and we will do our best to make things right for you.
Will not be using the luxury wood company again, and I'm sure my experience will explain why !!!! My log were arranged to be delivered between 11 am and 1 pm. 11, 12 and 1 came and went but no logs. Phoned the contact number to be told that due extra delivery's it would be now delivered by 2pm, so I requested a curtesy Phone call if was likely to be any later, but as 2 came and went, yes you've guessed it, none was forthcoming!! At twenty to 3 I Phoned the luxury wood company and spoke to a manager, and was told with very little sympathy, that as they subcontract out to a delivery firm and there very little she could do about it. And to put the icing on the cake, when the logs were eventually arrived at 10 past 3 pm , the informed me the delay was it fact due the lorry be in for a service not increased delivery's, as I was informed. And the final cherry on top was that the large crate of logs would only be left on the front pavement and not in the drive as I wanted. !!!!!!!
Dear Gordon, we are sorry to hear this and would like to discuss these issues to see if we can find a suitable way of putting it right. Please contact us on support@luxurywood.co.uk.
Not sure what to say as the wood has still not been received.
Dear James, We apologize for the delay and have been trying to obtain information and assist you the best possible way. Deliveries to Jersey take longer due to shipping forwarders, customs, etc.
Waited 12 days for my delivery supposed to come on the Friday came on the Monday no warning. Ordered the Ash crate not all logs the size discribed some can only be called kindling crate wasn't full as stated. Customer service very poor. The delivery men were very good so the star is for them. Will not be using this company again.
Dear customer, we are sorry to hear that you are not happy with the product received and the delivery process, and would like to discuss these issues to see if we can find a suitable way of putting it right. Please contact us on support@luxurywood.co.uk with further details and photographs.
My order came with 3 nets missing. I contacted the luxury wood company and haven’t had a response. I’ve used them for years, but not again.
Dear Stephanie, As per our email from Friday, the 18th, we require some photographs to be able to process the complaint. Please reply to our request sent from support@luxurywood.co.uk so we can resolve the issue to the best possible way.
We were very disappointed with the latest delivery from The Luxury Wood Company. We usually purchase ash logs from you in nets. The quality has always been excellent. This time we chose to have the large crate of ash. We found that the contents lacked the quality of previous deliveries in nets. The logs were very dusty. They were not uniform - certainly not as attractive and uniform as they look on your website. Some were misshapen. Quite a few were “bitty”. Some looked old and mouldy. Some didn’t even look like ash at all. All in all, a poor quality effort from the “Luxury” wood company. Clearly there would be hassle in returning them to you now that they’ve been stacked in our garage and the crate destroyed - but a gesture from you in the form of a discount from this purchase would be very welcome.
Dear Edward, We are sorry to hear this. Thank you for the pictures sent to support@luxurywood.co.uk We will review them as a matter of priority.
Excellent wood and ordering service as with previous orders etc, my only wish is that you use a delivery company that has the ability to crane lift the pallet off the lorry and to drop it exactly where the customer would like it, and not left on the path edge or on the road. I’ve ordered many garden items this year gravel, plants turf, Kindling etc etc and all the delivery company drivers backed into the drive and lifted it off, so simply and great customer care and satisfaction, sadly it seems you are not willing/ or able to change your options, it’s a real shame as you have super products.
The Luxury Wood Company is rated 4.53 based on 3,683 reviews