The Luxury Wood Company Reviews

Based on 4,306 reviews
5 out of 5
Read The Luxury Wood Company Reviews

About The Luxury Wood Company:

The Luxury Wood Company supplies premium kiln dried hardwood firewood and wood pellets on a nationwide free-delivery basis. Our wood is kiln dried and of the highest quality available in the UK.

info@luxurywood.co.uk

Manor Business Park Darlton Rd

ordered oak sleepers, nothing was cut square and far too much twisting. Would not use again
Wood delivered to the wrong house which I had to get recovered and the pallets are even smaller than the last time I purchased from them even thought it went up in price!
Delivery awful communication,I was told pm them rang me to change to 11 am giving me very little notice. We were at work in the morning They said they would deliver still and they agreed to put the boards behind back gate ,I even gave them the gate code . The driver took no notice of those instructions and just dumped them at the top of the drive. The Delivery service very poor and very expensive
The large crate of Oak Timber we perched from you was not to the standards that your advertising stated, Nottinghamshire Trading Standards are very interested in my case, hence I won't be placing any order from you again
Still haven’t received the order after 3 weeks. Far from happy.
We had waited well over the 10 days for the wood to be delivered. We were hoping to receive it for Christmas Day and it is now Christmas Eve! Very poor service. I would not recommend the company to anyone.
Good quality wood but too many ridiculously small logs. I bought Ash because it burns for a longer time. However, many of these logs are more like kindling that burn rapidly and therefore not worth paying the extra price for.
Hello Andrew, we are sorry to hear this and would like to discuss these issues to see if we can find a suitable way of putting it right. Please contact us at support@luxurywood.co.uk so we can proceed.
I always bought our heat logs from this company but cancelled the last order because they could not deliver on the date I wanted. The courier they use will only deliver to roadside so, because our drive is on a slope and we are elderly, we have to arrange for help to bring the logs up our drive and into our shed. I managed to arrange this and rang the company to deliver on a specific date but I was told in no uncertain terms that this was not possible and that it would turn up whenever. I was very disappointed at this response as I have ordered from this company for many years and had always got the delivery dates I wanted. Consequently I cancelled the order and have got the logs from elsewhere. I will not order from them again.
Dear Elizabeth, as per our terms and conditions our subcontractor official service is kerbside only. In the current situation within the logistics industry, we are not able to prearrange delivery dates - that has been left to the individual depots. The time frame for all deliveries has been extended to 10 working days. LWC Team
Poor communication from company. Pallet of wood ordered and paid for. Delivery aborted by courier because pallet was badly wrapped and not secure. No replacement available. Not informed of issues and had to send email since calls not answered. They take your money and I am yet to receive my pallet!! 6 -7 weeks for delivery a joke!! Will not be using again. Luxury !!!! Jokers !! Can’t recommend.
Dear Vincent, Sadly the product you have ordered is not in stock anymore - that is why we couldn't send a replacement. We have requested the return of the goods 12 days ago and unfortunately still waiting for the pallet to arrive at our warehouse and to be repaletised. LWC Team
Pallets were not the size stated on the website. Consequently they did not fit through my gate as they have done in previous years. As a result, rather than just transferring to wood to my log shed, I had to move every log twice into out of a wheel barrow. Made an absolute nonsense of ordering part of the load as bagged.
Communication with myself poor Communication between LWC and Pallex extremely poor Communication from Pallex re delivery details contradictory and more or less useless Goods not delivered within 10 days promised on website It was pure chance that I was at home when the delivery came This would have been a total nightmare if I had been working away from home.
On the day of delivery the driver was extremely unhelpful. He requested assistance on taking the load from his truck. As the only person in the house at that time was a young woman working from home. She explained she was on a call but that didn’t go down well with the driver. She asked if he required assistance on previous load deliveries to other customers and was a bit vague in his answer. I can’t understand this as previous companies we have ordered wood from we’re all trouble free and would go to any length to accommodate the customer. If this was one of your regular drivers then I will not be using your company again. Sorry can’t be a bit more positive but it was not a nice experience. Regards Brian Walker
Dear Brian, I am sorry for the experience. I am afraid that the Logistics industry has been affected lately by a lot and they all struggle with driver and fuel shortages and increased volumes. This has led to severe drop in quality of the service and their customer support. I hope the industry will recover soon and will go back to their previous standards. LWC Team
It has been 3 weeks and I still have received my order
Dear Carmel, I am sorry for the experience. We have been chasing your local delivery depot for several days now asking for an urgent update. I am afraid that the Logistics industry has been affected lately by a lot and they all struggle with driver and fuel shortages and increased volumes. This has led to severe drop in quality of the service and their customer support. I hope the industry will recover soon and will go back to their previous standards.
Put my order through at the start of September with a promised delivery within 5-15 days. 20 days later no contact so I chase only to receive an email saying 'logistics will be in touch'. Its now 25 days since order with no contact so would say don't bother ordering via this company!
Dear Lisa, Our Logistics team is doing their best to complete all deliveries within the 15 working days time frame. We apologize that in your case you have experienced further delays. LWC Team
The logs failed to arrive on three arranged days. I phoned pallex and informed them I could not accept delivery until October now and agreed a fourth delivery date. Pallex were informed I would not be home before and therefore unable to safely store the logs. The logs were then delivered on 14th Sept , a day during the period I am away. I then complained to you and today Sept 22nd Pallex collected the logs from my driveway my neighbour has informed me. So reimburse my Visa card or resupply a new batch in early October if you can stick to an arranged delivery day. Please note Vesi of luxury wood is dealing with this.
Dear Nigel, We have collected the wrongly delivered pallet and as per our agreement/communication will deliver a brand new one on the desired date.
Placed order on the 27th August 2021 for some oak sleepers it’s now the 17th September and still have not received my goods! I had to chase for an update and received a half hearted response stating that you had spoken to Logistics and I would receive a call. Still waiting for the call!!!!!
Only one star as we are still awaiting delivery. The one star rating is not a reflection of the quality of the product but is relating to delivery issues as we have not been updated as to the progress of this order. We finally had a call from the couriers yesterday 16th September to make an appointment to deliver.
I normally have a big crate of Ash logs but big crates were not available this year, so I bought a crate of Oak with the summer discount. I have never had such bad logs. They were full of moss and chips and they were all split really small which means they will burn too quickly. I will go elsewhere next year.
I am still waiting for my pergola. Not a problem yet but you took my money straight away.
Dear Linda, As all of the pergolas are handmade on request the delivery times on our website are 7 weeks. Regards, LWC
communication with customer is very poor
Dear Raphael, The delivery time for the product you've ordered is 7 weeks as per our website and we only contact the receivers after we have a solid delivery date. Regards, LWC
The Luxury Wood Company is rated 4.52 based on 4,306 reviews