The Fish Society Reviews

team@thefishsociety.co.uk

Unit 1Coopers Place

Tell us how The Fish Society made you happy

David Joice
"5* for service, quality and delivery!"
Ash Manji
"First time cooking a lobster tail, and they were delicious. Thanks for the quick delivery and well pack."
Kusumal Sutton
"I would love to order again!"
"Too expensive for what I paid. The lobster size was shocking"
"Hi All three lobsters were “mushy” and I could not use them. I had this with three lobster tails in a batch that I bought from you last year. So I have wasted about £100 with you. Can you explain why you think this is happening - it sounds like the lobsters were dead too long before being frozen or have been frozen for too long. I am a regular customer but am sure you will understand am looking to seek supply elsewhere. Thanks Andy"
"None of the items I ordered could be shipped to the US. Was notified after placing my order. Would be nice if your online ordering actually prevents or at least notifies what can’t be shipped to the US from the beginning. Finding out after the fact prevented me from ordering what I wanted from another supplier in time for my delivery needs."
"very surprised at the high price of King Crab and frozen English Crab is not good. Shame - i thought you would be an alternative to "Fish for thought" in Cornwall."
"Very poor customer service. Make sure you are there for the delivery- as they do not check where or to whom they are dropping off the package to."
Hello Miki

We delivered to the address you specified on the right day.
6 hours after the delivery, you asked us to deliver to a different address.
Next time, I suggest you try the Magic Fish Company.

Alistair Blair
Chairman
"Not impressed paid top dollar thinking I was going to receive quality fresh fish however everything had been frozen for such a long time (based on dates of packaging) and this had significant impact on flavour and was at times tasteless."
"I ordered that for an event with more chefs to taste the products of your company for future orders but too expensive , bad quality , you should deliver the best not the half quality or old stuffs . Definitely we won’t order from you , we will try different company for the next event"
"Ordered 3 packs of Amandes de Mer. All ‘dead’. Half were gaping open and did not re-close when tapped. The other half did not open when cooked and couldn’t even be prised open. E-mailed my complaint and still waiting for response"
Hello Bernard,

I'm sorry that you were unhappy with the Armandes and that you didn't receive a reply to your email.
We are usually very prompt with our responses, can you let me know which email address you used?

I also apologise for the fact that perhaps we have not been very clear on our website.

Because all clams are frozen they loose their "reflex" and therefore we would not expect them to open/close
when tapped but we would expect you to be able to prise open those that weren't open once cooked.

Feedback, good or bad, is very important to us and we always try to make amends if we mess up!

I can see that you were a customer in 2003 and then after a long gap, came back to us in March 2019 - we don't want to loose you again!

I will put a credit on your Fish Society account for £15 which you can redeem against your next order and hope that you give us another try and not leave it another 16 years!

We will update the description on our website to make this more clear in future.
"Very nice but way too expensive I was shocked at what I received for what I spent"
"Good fish. Terrible customer care and attitude."
"I am not happy and will not purchase from you again"
Dear Rosy,

We would just like to clarify that we did in fact reply to your complaint as soon as it was made, and apologised sincerely. We then requested pictures of the fish which you kindly provided. Our email conversation concluded with the fact that you would try the rest of your fish and to let us know if there were any problems. As you did not respond, we believed you were satisfied with the rest of your order. If you had communicated further, we would have been able to resolve any problems for you
"Not happy at all,small amount for a lot of money"
"I deeply regret buying such expensive clams without understanding how big they were and what totally rubbish quality they were."
"Delivery and packaging were excellent to be fair."
"They didn’t make me happy quite the opposite in fact"
"the quality of the tinned king crab was very poor . in no way worth the money , I don't mind paying for quality but sadly this product disapointed me , I shant try anything else"
"Very poor customer service after dispatch. On 16 August, I was expecting my order which cost me GBP130. On the delivery date, just before noon, I received a call from their office and advised that their courier van was stolen and therefore my parcel was stolen too. But they said they would find the van and deliver the parcel. I was shocked as their products are fish (my order was raw sashimi fish, which supposed to be eaten raw) but they were still happy to deliver stolen products once dealt with stranger. On the phone, I was advised that I would receive another call around 17:30, have updates and be able to discuss refund/ replacement if necessary. So I was waiting another call but until 19:00, there was no call (no missed call, no message), no text, no E-mail. I called their office a few times but no one answered. It was such an unfortunate incident but clearly they really don't care if their customer received the order or not. They cannot keep promise, they are happy to deliver stolen raw fish. I saw many hight rated reviews on website but after my own experience, I feel if they are really true or not. I believe that as a online shop, dealing with delivery problem is their important responsibility. Considering the products they deal with and the cost I paid, I feel their customer service is very poor and irresponsible, especially they still want to sell stolen products. Hope my honest review help others."
Hi Aobi, the couriers van was stolen which was out of our control. We replaced your order in full with no charge. I hope you enjoyed the fish.
"Really disappointed i paid £57 for crab claws advertised as king claws , i recieved just 6 single claws equals 10 pound a claw, all small must be descendents from marine royalty for that price!!! ,couldent get any satisfaction when i contacted Alister at the company customer services i was pretty much told to accept it, never complained about any company before cant believe the extortianate price, think twice before you buy ive tried elsewhere and half that price. Sue"
The emails leading up to this review:

On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 5:50 PM, Susan Coatsworth wrote:
I feel totally cheated its the first time i have ordered from you and was expecting large crabs claws which were advertised as king claws and i paid nearly £60 for them , what i recieved was just 6medium claws which i am appalled at especially since they were so expensive , i would hope you will consider my situaton otherwise i may have to send a review on your site to warn others
Thanks
Sue

Hello Sue
I am sorry you were disappointed by your claws.

King crab is a species, not a size grade.
It is usually larger than other crabs but it comes in all sizes - small, medium and large.

The claws you received are described on our site as medium claws weighing 90g each. These cost £34. You also paid £18 for two exceptionally large English crab claws (weighing over half a pound each).

You may have been expecting bigger claws, but on what basis?
We do sell bigger king crab claws from time to time, but they are lot more expensive than the king crab claws you bought.
Please tell me where you can buy bigger claws for the same price.

Sue, I am sorry if you feel misled. But we sell hundreds of packs of these king crab claws a year. Some customers buy them by the kilo!

As a goodwill gesture, I have put a £10 credit on your account.

Yours
etc

I paid 57 pound for 6 claws 2 medium and 4 small i am appalled at the price and 10 pound credit is of no use because i dont want to spend more money on your site, im afraid your response is very disappointing
Sue coatsworth
"Nothing everything was perfect"
"The crab described as Extra Large was by my local fishmongers standards only large Both the brown and white meats were dry and woody"
The Fish Society is rated 4.82 based on 2,877 reviews