The Fish Society Reviews

Unit 1Coopers Place

Click Here

Tell us how The Fish Society made you happy

David Joice
"5* for service, quality and delivery!"
Ash Manji
"First time cooking a lobster tail, and they were delicious. Thanks for the quick delivery and well pack."
Kusumal Sutton
"I would love to order again!"
"Not happy at all"
Sorry that you were unhappy Mihaela, I can see that my colleague has been in touch with you directly via email.
"Bought a caviar dish and spoon. Disappointed that caviar dish was just a shell rubbed down. Biggest waste of money."
"Everything had been frozen far too long, it was dry & discoloured. Worst Seafood I have ever received. I buy king crab & giant shrimp/prawns & other seafood online from other companies monthly without an issue. Not impressed at all at quality or customer service. King crab meat had green tinge to it & prawns were an awful brown/green colour. Reply when I complained was not impressive. Will definitely not recommend."
"The caviar dish is Just a shell rubbed down!! And spoon so small What a waste of money Such a lot of packaging too for such small items!!"
"The quality of the tuna and halibut was very poor"
"My order never arrived and the money was not returned."
"I'll tell you after I’ve had my fish. Not too impressed by receiving this ahead of my delivery"
"Very disappointed, I bought 3 different sizes of Smokies. Froze 2 and 3 and had the extra large. They were extremely dry and tasted old. There was no flavour at all. I prepared and cooked as per the instructions. I was so disappointed I will not be ordering again from you, neither will I be recommending you to any of my friends.Sorry."
We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the Smokies Philippa, they are very popular and it is unusual to receive negative feedback on this product. Having said that anomalies do happen from time to time particularly as they are wild. I have put a small credit on your account in the hope that you will give us another try. We always encourage our customers to ring us if they are unhappy with any of our fish.
"I had a bad experience and didn't get any satisfactory result from my complain. They said basically if you don't like it go somewhere else. They sent wrong product. Also instead of nice fillet they sent me tails. Their prices are much more than other companies also but I was hoping I would get a better service. Alas, go somewhere else is all I got. I am now trying to find if fishmongers have a members ship so I can complain there. Of course won't buy from them again. there is no return either. once they drop it, it's basically your luck if you get the right stuff as you ask and paid for."
We refunded you for the item that was incorrectly sent. We're sorry for this mistake. Picking errors do occur. As you will understand returns on perishable seafood are not realistic. We don't feel we've misrepresented what we sell. We state the weights cuts etc on the pages.
"Too expensive for what I paid. The lobster size was shocking"
"Hi All three lobsters were “mushy” and I could not use them. I had this with three lobster tails in a batch that I bought from you last year. So I have wasted about £100 with you. Can you explain why you think this is happening - it sounds like the lobsters were dead too long before being frozen or have been frozen for too long. I am a regular customer but am sure you will understand am looking to seek supply elsewhere. Thanks Andy"
"None of the items I ordered could be shipped to the US. Was notified after placing my order. Would be nice if your online ordering actually prevents or at least notifies what can’t be shipped to the US from the beginning. Finding out after the fact prevented me from ordering what I wanted from another supplier in time for my delivery needs."
"very surprised at the high price of King Crab and frozen English Crab is not good. Shame - i thought you would be an alternative to "Fish for thought" in Cornwall."
"Very poor customer service. Make sure you are there for the delivery- as they do not check where or to whom they are dropping off the package to."
Hello Miki

We delivered to the address you specified on the right day.
6 hours after the delivery, you asked us to deliver to a different address.
Next time, I suggest you try the Magic Fish Company.

Alistair Blair
Chairman
"Not impressed paid top dollar thinking I was going to receive quality fresh fish however everything had been frozen for such a long time (based on dates of packaging) and this had significant impact on flavour and was at times tasteless."
"I ordered that for an event with more chefs to taste the products of your company for future orders but too expensive , bad quality , you should deliver the best not the half quality or old stuffs . Definitely we won’t order from you , we will try different company for the next event"
"Ordered 3 packs of Amandes de Mer. All ‘dead’. Half were gaping open and did not re-close when tapped. The other half did not open when cooked and couldn’t even be prised open. E-mailed my complaint and still waiting for response"
Hello Bernard,

I'm sorry that you were unhappy with the Armandes and that you didn't receive a reply to your email.
We are usually very prompt with our responses, can you let me know which email address you used?

I also apologise for the fact that perhaps we have not been very clear on our website.

Because all clams are frozen they loose their "reflex" and therefore we would not expect them to open/close
when tapped but we would expect you to be able to prise open those that weren't open once cooked.

Feedback, good or bad, is very important to us and we always try to make amends if we mess up!

I can see that you were a customer in 2003 and then after a long gap, came back to us in March 2019 - we don't want to loose you again!

I will put a credit on your Fish Society account for £15 which you can redeem against your next order and hope that you give us another try and not leave it another 16 years!

We will update the description on our website to make this more clear in future.
"Very nice but way too expensive I was shocked at what I received for what I spent"
"Good fish. Terrible customer care and attitude."
"I am not happy and will not purchase from you again"
Dear Rosy,

We would just like to clarify that we did in fact reply to your complaint as soon as it was made, and apologised sincerely. We then requested pictures of the fish which you kindly provided. Our email conversation concluded with the fact that you would try the rest of your fish and to let us know if there were any problems. As you did not respond, we believed you were satisfied with the rest of your order. If you had communicated further, we would have been able to resolve any problems for you
The Fish Society is rated 4.81 based on 3,286 reviews