The Fish Society Reviews

Unit 1Coopers Place

Click Here

Tell us how The Fish Society made you happy

David Joice
"5* for service, quality and delivery!"
Ash Manji
"First time cooking a lobster tail, and they were delicious. Thanks for the quick delivery and well pack."
Kusumal Sutton
"I would love to order again!"
"It did not make me delirious with joy. Watery crab and dry salmon eggs. Nor impressive for the amount charged."
"I found the fish platter hard to present and deal with Prawns had little taste Rest was fair but quite a costly dinner considering the whole thing once I broke it all down"
"Very well packed , was disappointed in the flavour of the fish , but will order again in a few weeks"
Thank you for your feedback Angela, we are sorry to hear that you were a little disappointed. Please call us on 01428 687768 if there is anything you would like to discuss further.
"The service was good. They phoned to check about delivery. The product was excellent, but I will not use them again as delivery was charged at courier rate - an extortionate £27 - and delivered Royal Mail - who charge the same rate across the UK. So a bit cheesed off to put it mildly."
Thank you for your feedback Deborah. We do explain our delivery costs clearly on our website and that some areas come with surcharges. The cost of delivering frozen fish is never cheap and we try to keep our costs as low as possible.
"Hopefully, a glitch. But an expensive one."
"Firstly we were sent wrong fish which was useless to us. . Our order was sent to somebody else, and their order to us. My wife’s birthday party has to postponed to a weekday. Another problem is that we received personal details of the other person, including their phone and I assume they received mine. Not really good data protection. Secondly when we received replacement order it turned out the big 1kg tuna loin sashimi grade has been frozen last March and it was greyish and definitely not suitable for sashimi and not at this price:( You simply can’t sell sashimi grade fish that has been frozen for so long. Salmon blocks were replaced with smaller packages. Our first order was much better, this one quite opposite. On the plus note salmon was very good quality."
Hello Tomasz

I am sorry about the mixup caused by two address labels being wrongly applied. I can assure you this expensive error happens very rarely.

I also need to apologise over the tuna. Your comments feed into our ongoing debate here about how best to keep tuna sashimi customers happy.

The essential problem is that tuna meat naturally begins to lose its red colour immediately after death and even if frozen quickly, this becomes noticeable within weeks unless either
1) the fish is kept at -60C
2) it has been chemically treated.

Solution 1 requires expensive equipment which we have considered but haven't got there yet. Solution 2 is generally considered dubious and we have spurned it so far.

In place of these approaches, we try very hard to keep our tuna at the red end of the spectrum by keeping stocks low and replenishing often. However, with the best will in the world, some brown tuna will slip through. I just inspected our stock of tuna loins to see if there were any others as old as yours. Currently all stock is very recent.

Brown tuna is less attractive than red but the divergence in taste is much less pronounced. However, many consumers eat with their eyes and must be satisfied.So I have today been speaking to a supplier of the chemically treated tuna served in many sushi bars and we will probably start stocking this product soon.

I have put £25 of points on your account which you can claim against a future order by using the blue slider at checkout stage 3.

There are a couple of links below which you might find interesting.
"It was over priced to be honest"
"Good quality fish but unfortunately 50g weight difference between the 2 pieces."
Please accept our apologies Edward. We try very hard for this not to happen and believe that this is a one off. I have also emailed you separately regarding this issue. Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your experience we do value your feedback.
"Product was nice but very expensive. We were angry when the delivery driver left them in full view of passers by perched on the top of a flower pot. We were lucky they. We’re still there as we have had several items stolen from the garden."
We are sorry to hear that the courier did not leave your fish in a safe place. Perhaps it would be a good idea if you email us directly on team@thefishsociety.co.uk with a specific place that is safe to leave your next order. This way we can update your details on our database and you will have the reassurance that this will not happen again.
"Like the service and the options. However, the quality of the lobster tails fell below my expectation especially with the quantity of lobster meat in one of the tails"
Thank you for leaving a review, we value your feedback and we are sorry that you were disappointed. The Scottish lobster tails that you ordered are wild and anomalies in size can occur. Please feel free to contact us on 01428 687768 if you would like to discuss this further.
"delivery WAS ON TIME"
"Prawns were beautiful, mussels still containing half of beard but tasty, smoked cod roe really nice, scampi was tasty but I am afraid they did not match your claim of seventy five per cent scampi. In some there was no scampi at all and for the price it was a big let down, I have tasted better for half the price. It all arrived still frozen, on time and well wrapped. Pleased with service but will not recommend the scampi."
Hi David thank you for your review and sorry to hear that you found our battered scampi disappointing. This is one of our most popular products, we sell loads and it is extremely rare to have negative feedback. Perhaps you were unlucky with your bag. I have put a small credit on your account and hope that you will give it another try. :-)
"The red snapper was absolutely awful, the worst I've ever had in my life! Thick, rubbery skin, and inconsistent thickness in the fillets (so that by the time the thickest part was cooked, the rest was overcooked). The rest of my order was delicious, 5-stars worthy, but I've taken off 2 stars because of the snapper."
Hi Debra,

We're sorry to hear this. We've put a meaningful credit on your account to go toward your next order.
"Order, delivery very good, disappointment was size of crab claws was just disproportionate to web picture, but they were delicious and great quality. I would have rather paid more for a bigger claw, just something to note"
"Ordered a full turbot. Was a good size (as indicated) but perhaps not the freshest tasting fish. Not sure if it is as good as local fishmongers, but definitely good to get whole fish with a constant supply"
"Very efficient, my order was placed quickly, with very friendly staff.Delivery good Thank you"
"lots of water on defrosting and rather tough texture"
"Cod liver preserves are great but frozen fish that 18 months old is not good at all.."
"it said it was supposed to come cold or frozen but it was warm? other than that, love you guys."
"Some products were nice Others not so good"
The Fish Society is rated 4.81 based on 3,299 reviews