The Fish Society Reviews

Unit 1Coopers Place

Click Here

Tell us how The Fish Society made you happy

David Joice
"5* for service, quality and delivery!"
Ash Manji
"First time cooking a lobster tail, and they were delicious. Thanks for the quick delivery and well pack."
Kusumal Sutton
"I would love to order again!"
"I was very dissointed with the whelks they are absolutely tasteless,I am so dissointed with the fish society and that have normally such a good reputation."
"I received an order of large North Atlantic prawns three bags two of the bags were mixed small medium with a few large in and only one bag was completely large prawns these were North Atlantic peel prawns I made a complaint But they didn't act on my complaint sending photographs to prove what I'd heard I had to phone back spoke to Liz she received the photographs said they will refund some money onto my account with them for my next order but they have not told me how much this is to be I still don't feel satisfied of how it's been dealt with I feel I should've been told how much they're going to refund these prawns good quality north Atlantic peeled prawns are not cheap"
"We cooked two of the lobster tails in an identical fashion, together on the BBQ. One of the tails turned out fine whilst the other turned into slush/mush and the meat fell out of the shell onto the coals. We were not impressed"
Thank you for taking the time to write this review and let us know that one of the lobster tails had gone mushy. We are truly sorry this happened. It is important to us that our customers are happy, I understand that my colleague has been in touch and that this has now been resolved. We very much look forward to hearing from you again.
"Just had my first delivery, packaging was excellent, however £16 for the smallest bag of winkles i have ever seen, what on earth. Not good value."
"Crab was OK as was the Boqoronies"
"While the service was fantastic and most of the order great, the XXL red snapper fillet wasn't at all red, it was a different variety of snapper, golden one. Nothing special in taste and definitely wouldn't have paid £17 for it. I tried to write a review on the website, but probably because I checked out as guest without registering when buying, that review wasn't put up. I actually forgot all about it but last night I tried the small red snapper fillets. They were red in colour this time but turned out inedible! Curled up when cooking and tough as boots! I had no idea fish could be like that at all. The rest of the order was good, like I said, and they do have stuff I'd like to order again, but just couldn't overlook my red snapper problem even though I never even write any reviews."
"THE CLAM SEAFOOD WAS VERY POOR VALUE AT THE COST OF £9.80 I HAD ONLY ONE CLAM TWO COCKLES AND A LOT OF POTATOES I did order 4 portions"
"I was very disappointed with my delivery. The cod gougons were completely defrosted, they were put straight in the fridge but as I was out all weekend was unable to use any until Monday when we had four of them, the rest I had to throw away. When speaking to an employee I was offered £15.00 refund. Through no fault of mine most of the gougons were wasted. It is very sad that you sell excellent fish but your customer relations are appalling."
"I bought some winkles as a gift for my elderly neighbors who would get them on the coast years ago. They didn’t seem impressed and were concerned that the texture was crunchy. They didn’t know if it was just that they’d been frozen?"
Hi Alyssa,

I'm sorry to hear they weren't keen on the winkles. We've sold many of these packs and the feedback is positive. That being said, there can be some variability in seafood so I've made a meaningful credit back to your payment card.
"Too bland for my taste. I prefer my smoked salmon to have a strong smokey taste ! Your smoked salmon tasted of nothing !"
"I’m"
"The address got mixed up and I received the fish already defrosted, unfortunately couldn’t safe the octopus."
"Sell fresh smoked cod's roe in vacuum packs - that is not pre frozen"
"Sadly disappointed, either the lobster wasn’t fresh or it was over cooked but I have had better from a high street supermarket."
"Apart from being overpriced at source, the delivery charge was extortionate!"
"You offer no Sea Trout?! So am not interested in your products!"
"The scampi had very little taste and was mushy and not solid"
"Communication very poor. Fish sent Special Delivery by Royal Mail when they specifically suggest 'Signed For' is not a very good option. As Special Delivery means it can only be the receiver that signs for it and if no one is in it goes back to the sorting office. I gave specific instructions as to the best option for delivery - this was ignored. I do not drive. Came in from work and had to pay £15 for a taxi to the sorting office. At this point the fish had been out of the fridge for over 48 hours. I contacted Alistair the owner and kept him fully informed of what had happened. He never informed me it was with Royal Mail until I happened to catch the postman who mentioned it looked like a food box he took back the day before to the post office. Alistair was agitated and annoyed with me and totally unhelpful. It was my fault by all accounts!! The fish was poorly back with 3 dry ice backs 'thrown' in around the fish. The contents had no hope. Apart from ordering 2 platters which had meagre contents at £108. I counted 10 mussels!! The lot went in the bin. I received a refund but I feel assured I probably had a lucky escape."
"The delivery was late, asking for refund but got refused. I bought the blue crab, whole, after I received them, one of the crab legs was missing and the crab meat was not as tender as expected. I guess because it has been in the freezer for too long. I wouldn’t recommend t9 buy in terms of the price and quality."
"See review above"