The Fish Society Reviews

team@thefishsociety.co.uk

Unit 1Coopers Place

Tell us how The Fish Society made you happy

David Joice
"5* for service, quality and delivery!"
Ash Manji
"First time cooking a lobster tail, and they were delicious. Thanks for the quick delivery and well pack."
Kusumal Sutton
"I would love to order again!"
"Too bland for my taste. I prefer my smoked salmon to have a strong smokey taste ! Your smoked salmon tasted of nothing !"
"The address got mixed up and I received the fish already defrosted, unfortunately couldn’t safe the octopus."
"Sell fresh smoked cod's roe in vacuum packs - that is not pre frozen"
"Sadly disappointed, either the lobster wasn’t fresh or it was over cooked but I have had better from a high street supermarket."
"Apart from being overpriced at source, the delivery charge was extortionate!"
"You offer no Sea Trout?! So am not interested in your products!"
"The scampi had very little taste and was mushy and not solid"
"Communication very poor. Fish sent Special Delivery by Royal Mail when they specifically suggest 'Signed For' is not a very good option. As Special Delivery means it can only be the receiver that signs for it and if no one is in it goes back to the sorting office. I gave specific instructions as to the best option for delivery - this was ignored. I do not drive. Came in from work and had to pay £15 for a taxi to the sorting office. At this point the fish had been out of the fridge for over 48 hours. I contacted Alistair the owner and kept him fully informed of what had happened. He never informed me it was with Royal Mail until I happened to catch the postman who mentioned it looked like a food box he took back the day before to the post office. Alistair was agitated and annoyed with me and totally unhelpful. It was my fault by all accounts!! The fish was poorly back with 3 dry ice backs 'thrown' in around the fish. The contents had no hope. Apart from ordering 2 platters which had meagre contents at £108. I counted 10 mussels!! The lot went in the bin. I received a refund but I feel assured I probably had a lucky escape."
"The delivery was late, asking for refund but got refused. I bought the blue crab, whole, after I received them, one of the crab legs was missing and the crab meat was not as tender as expected. I guess because it has been in the freezer for too long. I wouldn’t recommend t9 buy in terms of the price and quality."
"See review above"
"Was able to buy soft shell crabs and fish that I cannot buy locally anymore due to the demographics and Indian fish now has become dominant."
"Expensive, small portions. Not very good value. I was hoping that they were worth the price because of the environmental benefits but to be honest its still not worth the price. Designer fish shop where you are paying for the name not the product."
"Delivery to the wrong property. Fish were semi defrosted on finding out. Delivery company could not have been less interested."
"Good delivery and prompt service, fish packed well and delivered on time"
"We ordered crab fish cakes and lobster tails as a Christmas treat. The lobster tails were small and the crab cakes were tasteless. Very disappointed and won't be buying from you in the future."
"I ordered 4 dressed crab of which the white meat was dry and the brown meat had an acrid taste, not nice. I Also ordered 6 packets of peeled brown shrimps they were small and tasted disturbingly like anchovies nothing like I've ever tasted before.as I have caught brown shrimps and cooked and eaten them.I also ordered a catering pack of Northern Atlantic prawns cooked in their shells it is clear to me that these prawns have been crushed at sometimes in their preparation as the shells are soft and broken and some have their heads or tails missing and they taste very oily almost like a faint diesel oil taste not good for a prawn cocktail. I also ordered 6 potted shrimps but they too were over seasoned with some unneeded spice. I did speak to the manager of Fish Society who did credited me £30. He would look into the taste of the peeled shrimps and get back to me, that was over a week ago and no contact yet. My personal view is go elsewhere for cheaper and better produce, I wish I had but I will in future."
"costvery much for 2 can of soup and not told delivery date"
"The Jar of lobster Paste was broken and had to be thrown away which is a very expensive way for me R Hughes"
"Hello The mussel was ok, the rest of fish ,razorshell and clam , was full of sand. I didn't enjoy and i waste most of them. Regards Antonio"
The Fish Society is rated 4.82 based on 2,876 reviews