The Fish Society Reviews

team@thefishsociety.co.uk

Unit 1Coopers Place

Tell us how The Fish Society made you happy

David Joice
"5* for service, quality and delivery!"
Ash Manji
"First time cooking a lobster tail, and they were delicious. Thanks for the quick delivery and well pack."
Kusumal Sutton
"I would love to order again!"
"1 star for their customer support. I've been charged twice for the same purchase. I've payed the first time the evening, the morning later they called me stating that the first transaction "didn't went through". Not a problem, can happen. I've kindly asked to check because on my bank account I saw two payments. No answers, after another email I had this back: I WILL SORT THIS OUT MAYBE NOT TODAY. BUT I WILL. SORRY RELAX! I've been charged over 120£, no answers, no excuses, eventually they even yell at me! I didn't even bother answering, I've called my bank and had my refund the same day. The worst experience ever, very rude and unprofessional behavior. I don't mind mistakes, but attitude is very important to me as a customer. I really don't know if I will ever buy again."
"Very nice but way too expensive I was shocked at what I received for what I spent"
"Very poor customer service. Make sure you are there for the delivery- as they do not check where or to whom they are dropping off the package to."
Hello Miki

We delivered to the address you specified on the right day.
6 hours after the delivery, you asked us to deliver to a different address.
Next time, I suggest you try the Magic Fish Company.

Alistair Blair
Chairman
"Not impressed paid top dollar thinking I was going to receive quality fresh fish however everything had been frozen for such a long time (based on dates of packaging) and this had significant impact on flavour and was at times tasteless."
"I ordered that for an event with more chefs to taste the products of your company for future orders but too expensive , bad quality , you should deliver the best not the half quality or old stuffs . Definitely we won’t order from you , we will try different company for the next event"
"Ordered 3 packs of Amandes de Mer. All ‘dead’. Half were gaping open and did not re-close when tapped. The other half did not open when cooked and couldn’t even be prised open. E-mailed my complaint and still waiting for response"
Hello Bernard,

I'm sorry that you were unhappy with the Armandes and that you didn't receive a reply to your email.
We are usually very prompt with our responses, can you let me know which email address you used?

I also apologise for the fact that perhaps we have not been very clear on our website.

Because all clams are frozen they loose their "reflex" and therefore we would not expect them to open/close
when tapped but we would expect you to be able to prise open those that weren't open once cooked.

Feedback, good or bad, is very important to us and we always try to make amends if we mess up!

I can see that you were a customer in 2003 and then after a long gap, came back to us in March 2019 - we don't want to loose you again!

I will put a credit on your Fish Society account for £15 which you can redeem against your next order and hope that you give us another try and not leave it another 16 years!

We will update the description on our website to make this more clear in future.
"Good fish. Terrible customer care and attitude."
"My Apologies,"
Hi Keith, we are sorry that you were not happy with your experience. All of our range is frozen. We do state this on all of the product pages next to the price.
"Good quality and range of products. Excellent delivery service."
"Sorry..... I have this Question why is it you have had to make a big song and dance about this review page....... Hope you've got a good answer."
"See previous comment"
"Friendly and efficient. Our order came very well packed and very quickly. The fish was lovely and the sardine BBQer was perfect. Many thanks"
"Easy to order, speedy service, excellent instructions as to unpacking and checking order, ability to return polystyrene box. Superb quality fish which has been deboned, skin removed, portioned and ready to cook. It may seem pricey but overall is excellent value for money and let's not forget that fishermen (especially deep sea/trawlermen) have one of the most dangerous jobs in the world."
"01/02/2017 I would just like to tell you that my order arrived by courier at 11.30am this morning. The packaging (polystyrene box) was superb as were all the products I ordered. There were 30 New Zealand Mussels which were huge and an equal mix of orange and white mussels. Superb. I have just returned my box to you so you may re-use it. I will not hesitate to recommend your company - product and service excellent."
"The order process and staff I spoke to at FS were great. Only reason I didn't score higher was that the fish quality (I ordered Sashimi) was not really on par with the price. Price was high and the quality was average for the product."
"We live about as far away from the sea as it's possible to get in the UK, and as we're also in the middle of the countryside and a fair distance from any decent fishmongers, The Fish Society is an absolute godsend. The fish is as fresh as can be and always arrives in perfect condition. The choice of products is amazing, so we always get exactly what we want. Most recent we bought smoked kippers, whitebait and baby octopus and it was all first class; we don't go anywhere else for our fish now!"
"If you were remotely worried about buying frozen fish on the internet from these guys, don't be! I ordered some sushi salmon and tuna from these people. I had lots of queries as I needed to know how to handle the fish, given I was to be eating it raw. The staff were so, so helpful and reassuring. I ordered the fish which arrived next day - still beautifully frozen. They use DPD as their couriers who are also brilliant, as you are able to track the package very accurately. I've attached a photo of the sushi my son and I made today! In a nutshell, I am now a (very happy) customer of The Fish Society for life!"
"First time user called twice to confirm I wanted food to arrive fresh for a BBQ next day and not frozen I was assured it would but it arrived frozen and had ice packs. Very disappointed had to wait until following day to eat will not be using service again!"
Hello Philip/Elizabeth
I am sorry to learn that our fish arrived frozen and disrupted your plans.
It can be difficult to strike the fine balance between the fish arriving merely defrosted and the same fish arriving rather too warm. Especially on a summer’s day. It appears our judgement failed in this case.
Please note for future reference in similar situation that your prawns and tentacles would have fully defrosted in about 30 minutes under running water (left in the bag). The crab would have taken a little longer.
You say “Never again” and I understand this. However, just in case you might re-consider, I have put a meaningful credit on your account which would come off a future order. I hope you might have noted that your review goes against the grain of other reviews. Perhaps you might recognise that whilst we erred in your case, we do not do so often. Also that we strive to make amends.
Alistair Blair
Customer Services
The Fish Society
"Ordered sashimi- cost a fortune and it was dreadful! Virtually inedible."
"Ordered online, got a next day delivery date, but my order never turned up. Called to check, was then told they would check and revert. They checked and called back to say that someone screwed-up and failed to dispatch my order! My dinner plans for my guests are ruined. Said that they would refund all. Let's see... They offered an apology and an offer of free goods in a month's time!! Thanks but no thanks. First and last time!"
The Fish Society is rated 4.82 based on 2,883 reviews

Create Free Account Now

Fill the details below & get instant access