Swinnerton Cycles Reviews

Rupert Matthews
Swinnerton Cycles 5 star review on 15th September 2020
Rupert Matthews
Damaged product twice
AVOID AT ALL COST, DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!!
Excuses after excuses given to me on my order. I have given them 2 chances to resolve this and each time they failed to resolve.

Called the first time after on the Monday to find out where the order was, they advised that it hadn't shipped.

Second time I called 2 days later to be told that it was a mis-scanning issue with courier and that they would have to order again and should be with them today (1st Feb 2021) for despatch to me for delivery 2nd Feb 2021, when i phone at midday today i was told the order has missed the run today and this it would be with them on the 2nd and then with me later in the week,

This is not acceptable. There is a pandemic but if you cannot meet the targets and keep providing excuses after excuses not related to the pandemic as to why an order has taken nearly 2 weeks to actually fulfil then i suggest you either stop your mail order process and also change your courier from the warehouse to your shop and get some proper processes in place to mitigate these issues.
Very clearly marked on their website, Di2 hydraulic Ultegra shift lever, ordered it, they charged me for the Di2 priced product and then sent me a mechanical shifter.
Whole transaction was fishi. Ordered Shimano 105 rear break yet received a front one. Ok, can happen but when u clearly tamper with the box, unwrapping the rear one and put a front one in instead. Now that smells. The box says clearly rear break, but contained a front one with broken seals and wrappings with fixing nut flying loosely in the box. Clear intent there. Hate to be taken for a fool. However found a good use for it.
Quite disappointed.
They should have told me that the TA Specialites chainring bolts that I had ordered were not available instead of shipping an item that did not match the photo on their website
the keyring i bought for £7.50 fell apart after a week of use!
Sales guy was quite rude with me. Tbh it has happened a couple of times I won’t be back for a while. Only went to collect an item I had order from the web site.
Item not delivered as yet so at this time I cannot comment on the item - only that delivery is taking a long time!!!
Er, it’s not yet been delivered - hard to deliver a positive review on that basis!
I placed my order on the 12th got despatched on the 17th i emailed 4 days later to see were it was took for me to contact them to find out my order was bounced back then re dispatched still waiting for it on the 25th its a joke as paid for p and p too
TERRIBLE SERVICE. Ordered part which took 4 days to despatch, a week later not received so I rang them. Told me that it had been sent to wrong address but has been resent to me on 21st August. Now 24th, two weeks after order and still not arrived
Purchase, Bontrager R1 tyre, invoiced for Bontrager R1 tyre received Bontrager AW1 tyre
Order 2 tyres only one sent still waiting for the other to come! Is this efficient service ?
I saw the bike listed at $2,600 which was the main interest. I knew shipping would be very expensive so that was not a surprise. Still thought it was a good deal. Then AFTER purchasing my bike I was charged an ADDITIONAL $150 currency exchange fee.... THEN my bike shipment was delayed bc Swinnerton did not provide customs with enough information. THEN I was just charged $370 for customs tax..... this bike is becoming waaaayyyy too much money and I haven't even received it yet! Delivery date was listed for 7/8 it's now 7/11 and still no bike but I've paid a ton of money..... scam?
hI Jollen, as previously stated the conversion rate shown on the site is a guide from xe.com your card issuer may have different rate of conversion this is out of our hands. DHL recieved all doccuments required including customs information and you are liable for any import duties above $800 in the USA please refer to you local customs office for details.
Excessive delay in deliver and poor response to emails
Item didn't arrive.
Truly awful customer service experience. I bought a brand new set of wheels (£350) which arrived severely buckled. Front: 2-3mm, Rear: 3-4mm (not acceptable standards of quality) When I spoke with the owner (Swinnerton) I was clear that my LBS fitted the wheels, the rear wheel was so severely buckled they had to make some tension corrections to enable it to spin freely. I mentioned that I would be sending them on to my local professional wheel builder to be trued. The owner (Swinnerton) then decided to call my wheel builder and was rude and condescending to them on the phone. Said they didn’t know what they were doing etc...frankly fairly obnoxious behaviour directed at someone who had yet to lay a hand on the wheels. Speaking with the owner for what was to be the final time, I confirmed the cost to true the wheels would be around £20 and that the process of returning them was hugely inconvenient and asked politely if we could come to an arrangement. His response was ”send them back to us or you’ll have to front the bill and fix them yourself” and he put the phone down.
Horrible costumer services. Will never buy from you guys again.
Truly awful customer service experience. I bought a brand new set of wheels (£350) which arrived severely buckled. Front: 2-3mm, Rear: 3-4mm (not acceptable standards of quality) When I spoke with the owner (Swinnerton) i was clear that my LBS fitted the wheels, the rear wheel was so severely buckled they had to make some tension corrections to enable it to spin freely. I mentioned that I would be sending them on to my local professional wheel builder to be trued. The owner (Swinnerton) then decided to call my wheel builder and was rude and condescending to them on the phone. Said they didn’t know what they were doing etc...obnoxious behaviour and completely wrong end of the stick. Speaking with the owner for what would be the final time, I confirmed the cost to true the wheels would be around £20, that the hassle of having them removed, postage etc of such a large parcel was hugely inconvenient and asked politely if we could come to some arrangement. His response was “send them back to us or you’ll have to front the bill and fix them yourself” and he put the phone down.

It amazes me how this store has failed to recognise the basics and importance of brand integrity, and customer loyalty. You’ve lost a customer for life over £20. Can’t imagine they’ll survive much longer with a business model like that.
Sent the wrong product can’t be bothered with the faff of returning it. Money wasted. Won’t be using you again if you can’t even pick the right product to send me.
Swinnerton Cycles is rated 4.66 based on 1,855 reviews