Swinnerton Cycles Reviews

Rupert Matthews
Swinnerton Cycles 5 star review on 15th September 2020
Rupert Matthews
Ordered a part that was £5.99 and delivery was £3.50 and took 2 weeks to arrive
Ordered new bridge for glasses 28/09/20, Received it 20/11/20.
Had to buy new glasses due to order taking too long. Even allowing for COVID delays, this is poor.
the service itself was good but i can't value everything like that because i paid 20£ of shipping costs for a plastic piece that costs 10£ and weight 6 grams. some other websites located in the same country charge 5 ou 10£ so its a huge difference. beside that, the item doesn't fit (not your fault of course, but you're the only place i saw that piece and it seems equal of my broken one) but now for an item so cheap it will cost me above 25£ just for shipping costs, expecting that the 10£ of the product will be delivered to me by you. im writing this not to harm you but for you to try another company not so expensive to make the transport, its simply a irrealistic charge. i wrote to you but someone said that's the only way. feel free not to publish this if you want.
I ordered a Merida Reacto bike online but they shipped the wrong size bike. I ordered a S/M but they sent a M/L. Having ordered from the US and not wanting to pay for return shipping and more import dues I decided to keep the bike since it more or less fits me. I love the bike and it was packed well, but it was disappointing to get the wrong size from the order.
Swinnerton Cycles 2 star review on 3rd October 2020
Part of my order was missing and the order was placed July and delivered in September.
Svårt att se vad man köper
Sadly my order was sent using Hermes courier service which lost my item and sent it to wrong location. Had to re-order from a different supplier.
If didn’t ring to say order wasn’t with me then I doubt I would of received it
Not what was told on Monday when I order the bars
As I was assured it would be in with me by Wednesday
I was a little disappointed as I could not order more than two items and yet after my order was placed more were still available. To make a second purchase will mean double postage for a very small item
Zero communication
Never got my item
Never got my refund
Order ref.WEB36203 is advertised as Home Trainer - Trainer Tyre before on the site. and on google search also appears as cycle trainer as a first description with the photo of Trainer + tyre.....but image of trainer is dominating and misguding.
I have just checked , I think after my returns someone must have changed the description
now as Tyre- cycle trainer , but advise you to change the image onl to tyre.
The equipment supplied, was exactly what I wanted but the delivery was very poor.
The tension bolt for my Brooks B17 saddle took about 6 weeks to arrive. I ordered another, while waiting, from SJS which arrived in a few days(fitted before the Swinnerton one arrived) Not all bad as I now have a spare.
I have yet to receive the item I ordered.
I appreciate that this is down to DHL and not Swinnerton Cycles but it is the chosen courier
Had email for delivery next day but then took another week communication was very poor,
Order cancellation missed - no problem - but returns need a registered account...
Made 2 separate orders ... first is yet to arrive (2 weeks today) ... the second order arrived quicker.
Difficult times, but 2 weeks ....
Wish I could be more positive but waited weeks and weeks for some Hope parts that I ordered as in stock! Only after loads of chasing did I finally get told the delivery from Hope had gone missing and would be in very soon, another week and I’m still waiting! Such a shame
The website said the product was in stock but it's another one of those retailers where this means their supplier has it in stock. As a result it took over two weeks to receive the chainring. They were reasonably helpful/sympathetic when I phoned to chase and once they received the chainring from Hope they dispatched it quickly. So a mixed experience.
Swinnerton Cycles is rated 4.66 based on 1,855 reviews