Six Star Cruises Reviews

of reviewers recommend Six Star Cruises
Read Six Star Cruises Reviews

feedback@sixstarcruises.co.uk

Tell us how Six Star Cruises made you happy
All seemed good when booking but the lack of attention to detail caused problems during the trip. Very little info was provided with the tickets which arrived too late anyway. There were mistakes in transfers and it appeared that the agents put their preferred partner interests before the customers. The customer service when we raised a problem was very poor and we had to sort things out ourselves. This was an expensive package but definitely not 6 star service
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your review, I am very sorry to hear this.

Your feedback has been sent to our customer relations department and they will be in touch shortly.

Thank you.
The brochure stated on board credit but we did not get this. On our return we enquired why and were informed that the concierge could remove and give a discount. We had not been given any discount. We booked an excursion pre cruise and only found out the day before departure the this had been cancelled- they had not informed us. The service I received afterwards was unacceptable from a company selling quality cruises such as ours with Crystal. Excellent Crystal cruise, very poor customer experience from Six Star.
Dear Mrs Schofield
We are a customer focused company feedback whether good or bad is extremely important to us, as it is only on the receipt of information such as this we can assess and improve the services that we offer.
Please rest assured that the points you have raised in your review have been noted.
Brochures do include promotions and special offers unfortunately these can change at any time, it is only when someone books that we are able to discuss these promotions and advise if they are still applicable.
We try to be as competitive as possible when quoting prices to our guests and do include discount, if at this point on board credit is preferred we will try and include this as an option.
I am sincerely sorry that your excursion was cancelled with short notice, I can see that you have spoken to our Customer relations department and an offer was made as an apology for your disappointment.
We are sorry that you remain unhappy and would ask that contact our Customer relations department to discuss further.
Again, we apologise for the difficulties you encountered.
We value your business and are working hard to earn your continued patronage, we hope you will give us the opportunity to do.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further queries.
Customer Relations
Charming until they have your money. Hotel in Rome didn’t have our reservation,taxi from new hotel to ship didn’t arrive. Absolutely no help from six star cruises! They use cheap subcontractors, blame them when things go wrong! They are very difficult to communicate with,difficult to get refunds from. All the effort to rectify problems came from us with the associated stress.Polished advertising,high paid executives , seemed to meas if “concierges” worked from home.Any travel problems you have with this lot areYOUR problems.

We are extremely sorry for the problems you Incurred on your holiday and I would like to assure you this is not indicative of the service we usually offer. A refund for your out of pocket expenses has been actioned after receiving the relevant receipts today.

As you are aware, we are currently investigating the issues thoroughly however these things can take time. The ABTA guidelines state that complaints must be handled within 28 days although our aim is to reply before this.

I am sorry that you feel we are difficult to communicate with however our customer Relations team has spoken to you and you have received an email from the Customer Relations Manager.

Our direct number is TEL: 0207 785 0245 should you wish to speak to us again.

Customer Relations
have booked many luxury cruises in the past and this was the first time we chose to book via 6*based purely on price. The experience fell far short of what we have previously experienced and will not be using this company again...
The communication is very poor, dealt with numerous people and they don't call back when they say they will. After negotiating the package, we ended up have to call them as they did not call when we had arranged (the excuse being - one person was too busy and the others laptop broke and didn't get the message)!! not very professional.

We are a customer focused company and feedback whether good or bad is extremely important to us, as it is only on the receipt of information such as this we can assess and improve the services that we offer.

We are very sorry that you feel our communication is very poor as we pride ourselves in the service, we offer our customers and assure you that this is not indicative of the service usually provided. Our sales concierge works a 40 hour shift from 9am – 10pm 7 days a week and therefore may not be available immediately. Our Six-star customers are allocated their own concierge however if, due to the shift pattern, you have any queries and the sales concierge is not available you can contact our six star service team.

Please rest assured that the points you have raised in your review have been investigated and addressed.

Again, we apologise for the difficulties you encountered.

I hope that you have a wonderful holiday and if you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us.
Further to earlier review, Six Star have passed on just £150- being 40% of the room cost, the amount Hilton Barbados refunded them- as compensation and redress for the grim experience recounted below.
And as for trying to contact me, figure this as an explanation for not responding to my initial complaint....
“we have tried to contact you by mobile and landline without success”
Well, I’m on a cruise.
Booked through you, Six Star.
Remember?
It finishes in another week.
It’s in the Caribbean.
So why- pray-would you expect to reach me on my UK landline?!
Oh and I’ve successfully received several mobile calls whilst on my cruise.

As well as a desultory offer of redress, methinx you’re telling porkies.
Surely you’re better than this?
Dear Mr St Quinton

Firstly, please let me apologise that you felt the need to post a negative review, as this is not what one would expect when travelling with a reputable company like six-star cruises. As a customer focused company feedback whether good or bad is extremely important to us, as it is only on the receipt of information such as this we can assess and improve the services that we offer.

I am very sorry that your hotel was overbooked, and you were moved to an alternative hotel of the same standard. Fortunately, this situation does not happen often, but I apologise for any inconvenience this caused and that you are not happy with the £150 being a 40% refund, offered as a gesture of goodwill from our supplier.

We are currently investigating why the promised-on board credit of $250 was not added to your account. We are waiting for a full response from Silversea. In the meantime, we have taken the liberty to refund you in full so that you are not out of pocket.

The information you have supplied will be shared with our colleagues so that we can work with our suppliers and internal departments to identify any immediate solutions and we will also ensure that long-term plans are put in place to prevent any repetition should this be necessary.

In closing, I would like to take this opportunity and thank you for taking the time to highlight your concerns and for giving me the opportunity to address the points you have raised. I trust this will not deter you from booking with Six Star cruises for your future travel requirements and we look forward to welcoming you on one of our holidays in the future.

Customer Relations department
Booked a £10000 cruise thru this company. After a delayed flight to Barbados we were bumped from the pre -cruise Hilton hotel we chose.

We are travelling with our friends who we were split from. This was in itself embarrassing and we were relocated to the nearby Raddisson which was a grim experience.

The hotel is tired and not clean. We were put into room 101 (!)the room had two dominant odours; sweat and urine.
The air con was ancient with a very noisy fan which disturbed our sleep.

My Wife and I were upset by events. It’s not what we booked and paid for. It was a real setback to experience this.

We are of course aware that these events were outside the control of Six Star but as our travel agent they are the only party to which we can direct our complaints.
Directed our complaint to Janet who apologised and undertook to investigate. We asked what form of redressigjy be available for the inconvenience and unhappy experience.
We have heard nothing for almost a week.
Six Star? You don’t deserve one star.
Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, I have attempted to call you without success so I have emailed you to advise the situation going forward. Please rest assured we are dealing with this matter with the utmost urgency and are expecting a full response from our supplier upon receipt of which we will contact you immediately. We hope that you enjoy the remainder of your cruise and we will be in contact in due course.
Rude staff once booked. Lied about flights, wouldn’t check us on or get seats and backchatted despite soending nearly 10k. I just hope the ship is better.
Thank you for your review.

Please rest assured that the points you have raised in your review have been addressed.

It is with regret to read your comments regarding Six Star Cruises and we would be more than happy to look into this for you.

Please email us directly for a prompt resolution via email to: PreTravelCustomerRelations@cruise118.com

Customer Relations
The quote for the cruise I wished to transfer to was too expensive and presented to me in one lump sum. I was told that was how it was and could not be separated into the different component parts. However, I rang again today, explained everything to Beth who immediately understood my point of view . Beth then went through the paperwork, consulted with her manager and came up with a new package for my chosen cruise at a considerable saving. I could not be more pleased. Beth was efficient, thorough and very nice to talk to. I was really lucky that Beth answered the phone today. Beth is a real asset to Six Star Cruises. Best Wishes Pam Hardisty
Dear Pamela Hardisty,

Thanks for sharing your review. Your comments are important to us. We are sorry that on this occasion we didn’t deliver the level of service you expected from us.

I am however pleased to see that your issue has now been resolved. It's great that hear that you are pleased with the way that Beth handled this issue .

Thank you for your open and honest review. Beth is a credit to our company and I will ensure your comments are onto her.

We wish you a wonderful time on your cruise!
Very poor in dealing with an itinerary change by the cruiseline
Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to hear of the difficulties you have experienced with the itinerary change on your booking. Unfortunately any changes made by the cruise line are completely out of our control and we will always do our upmost to assist any any possible way.

If you would like to discuss anything in further detail, please do not hesitate to contact us at pretravelcustomerrelations@cruise118.com

Customer Relations Team.
Have been trying to change flights for next March. Emails have not been responded to efficiently and “surprisingly “ fares are increasing !
Very surprised by service as have booked numerous cruises over the years on top rated cruises. Maybe time to change??

Six star cruises are a customer focused company and feedback whether good or bad is extremely important to us, as it is only on the receipt of information such as this we can assess and improve the services that we offer.

I am sorry to hear of the difficulties you have encountered when attempting to change your flights. I am happy to see this has now been resolved and amended by our customer experience team.

Customer Relations
They might call themselves six star cruises but the are 0 star customer service.. they are good when you are booking but once you have booked there is no after sales service. Flights are changed without approval phone calls are not resplied to.. answers are not answered!! Totally disappointed with my experience with them will never recommend or rebook with them.
Dear Mrs Carr,

We are so sorry for the way you feel regarding the flight schedule change. We understand our colleagues have explained the position we are in with the airlines as we are at their mercy with any schedule changes. We value your business and are working hard to earn your continued patronage, We hope you will give us the opportunity to do so.

Customer Relations
Six Star Price not Six Star After Sales Service.
My Cruise with Six Star Cruises to the Far East ends in Hong Kong. At the time of booking I had not decided on whether a day room was required or not, so, I paid for a transfer from Cruise terminal to Airport (25 Kilometres). I was told these elements of the trip could be easily changed or added later.
Service to this point was great. Full payment including the transfers became due and this was paid.
After full payment a change took place, Responsive Service but with little or no help. I was now told the Day Room could not be booked by Six Star Cruises and that this would be down to me. So, I booked my own day room.
New transfers were required which effectively added one additional journey of 4 Kilometres to the overall requirement. This carried the price tag of £148.00, No further details were provided.
I was told the £148.00 with no detail of it’s make up, was the figure provided by the supplier and they were unable (or unwilling) to seek more information. No additional detail has been provided. However, Six Star Cruises don’t see the issue and continue to ask if I wish to proceed.
So, a Great Service Promise but quickly wash their hands at the first sign of trouble.
I am not aware of a Commercial Organisation who do not keep a very tight control over their Suppliers. This ensures the best service and competitive edge can be provided to its Customers. This is not the case with Six Star Cruises
Situation remains unresolved!
Such a Pity but Please be Beware!!
Unfortunately, when adding an additional element on to a booking we quote the price given by our supplier for the journey requested.
It may be cheaper to seek a local transfer, if you wish to do this it is of course your prerogative.

Customer Relations Six Star Cruises
Very,very disappointed with service on our booking; more sub standard than six star. From the failure to provide the initial booking confirmation, failure to provide cruise credit action, the incorrect company email address on the post payment confirmation, the incorrect port of disembarkation (shown as Miami rather than Fort Lauderdale - with an airport transfer time from Miami at 10.00am for a 7.30p.m. flight!) and the failure to upgrade the flight class information despite the promise of a quality check to ensure all details were loaded and booked correctly, we have had to repeatedly make contact to ensure the arrangements were as promised.
Trying to find someone who might be able to provide reassurance that
issues have been fully resolved is impossible - Chelsie Foster on maternity leave; Alison Earnshaw just taken over and unwilling to speak to customers; no information on parent company World Travel Holdings with the only website for them being staff feedback detailing poor pay and training. Plus the latest invoice is headed the Cruise Club? Who are they?
So rather than looking forward to a pleasant cruise experience we are wondering:
will the arranged Heathrow transfer time of 1 hour 20 mins. allow us to catch our connection as we have been assured?
will our flights, transfers, hotels, tours and cruise be booked and available as required?
will we arrive home rested and refreshed, or nervous wrecks?
Dear Mr & Mrs Green

It was lovely to speak to you earlier although I am sorry for the circumstances of the call.

Firstly, please let me apologise that you felt the need to post a negative review, as this is not what one would expect when booking with a reputable company like Six-star cruises. As a customer focused company feedback whether good or bad is extremely important to us, as it is only on the receipt of information such as this we can assess and improve the services that we offer.

I am profusely sorry for the way your booking has been serviced and I hope that our conversation has gone some way to restore your faith in our company. As a gesture of good will I would like to offer you $150 on board credit and I hope that you will accept this in the good spirit that it is being offered.

Below is the World travel holdings UK website for your information.

Customer Relations
After booking, we discovered that there were lots of flights that were much better for us than the ones we had been told about by Six Star cruises. I don't know whether this was ignorance on the part of the agent, or whether Six Star Cruises were trying to maximise their own profit in some way. When I complained, I did not even get an apology. Six Star Cruises has cost me time and money, and I will not be using them again.
Thank you for your review Mr Ainsworth. I am sorry you feel let down by Six Star Cruises.

Our customer service team have listened to the calls when Mrs Ainsworth made the booking and discussions mentioned flights from London Heathrow, as per the offer seen by Mrs Ainsworth on the website. Your booking was made as per your requirements and the best price at the time of your booking was with London Heathrow flights.

However, as a gesture of goodwill we have offered alternatives. If you would like to accept these we will be more than happy to assist you.

Kimberley at Six Star Cruises
You should state that your offer of Champaign only applies if you don’t ask for a good price. We booked a £6,000 Seabourne cruise with you only to be told this, it will be the last cruise we book through 6 star.
Dear Mr Reid

Thank you for your feedback and i am sorry to hear you were unhappy with your booking on this occasion. We of course wish to provide the best price and offer to all of our customers however our champagne offer is not applicable when discount is applied to a booking, this information can be found in our terms and conditions on our website.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any disappointment this may have caused, if you wish to discuss this issue further please do not hesitate to contact our customer relations department on the number below and we will assist you in any way we can.

Chelsie Foster
Customer Relations Manager

Phone: 0207 138 8302

The Bridge, Unit 4, Moorland Gate Business Park, Cowling Road, Chorley, PR6 9FE

WTH (UK) Ltd is a member of ABTA and part of World Travel Holdings, the largest cruise retail business in the world.
Terrible communication following up from a quote.

Will not use again, stay well clear.
Thank you for your comments Steve, although this is clearly not the feedback we are either expecting or indeed used to receiving, we do appreciate you taking the time to review our service. Even though our overall score indicates that we offer great service on the majority of occasions, we try to never become complacent and constantly look for opportunity to improve even further. Clearly something has gone very wrong on this occasion which will be investigated. If you would be good enough to drop me an email directly with further details re this disappointing experience, I would be very grateful. My email address is clare.cruise@worldtravelholdings.co.uk. Many Thanks Clare
Poor customer service. Unable to speak to the same concierge as each phone call was handled by a different person. Mistakes blamed on computer system. Six Star Cruises failed to provide the cruise line with correct information. Wouldn't trust the company to deal competently with another booking. Not recommended.
Thank you for taking the time to review our service. As a senior manager in the business I am both shocked and disappointed to read such comments as this is not typical of our customers experience when dealing with my team. I would love to try and resolve this issue for you if you would be kind enough to drop me an email karina.stott@sixstarcruises.co.uk
Scam artists
Silverseas Discovery Cruise, Maldives to Dar es Salaam, the worst cruise EVER!
Old (leased) ship is rusty, orange water coming from taps, stinks from diesel and crew is doing maintenance on ship as passengers are on board. Supposed, "drinking water" on ship was full of bacteria and many passengers were ill for days, (myself included). Food was NOT "fresh local cuisine" as advertised but frozen. Fruit was never ripe but hard and tasteless. Cuisine was "winter european dishes" prepared by Italian chef with no cooking skills. Lunch on deck was the same menu of frozen meat or fish with chip for 17 days or Pasta.
(Pasta with 30° heat???)
Doctor on board barely spoke english and it was questionable if he was even a doctor at all. He spent most of his time on the top deck sunning himself in a skimpy speedo and hitting on women! And if you needed him, his answer was either you ate too much or he did not know the answer. Why was there not a doctor with experience in heat and ocean travel as should have been?
NO extra special excursions were offered, nor on-board activities or events planned and many "advertised" events and tours were not visited or were cut in half. Cruise was mostly 20 hours a day at sea with very limited time at sights, (only 3-4 hours, if that). Pre/post package did not deliver nor was anyone there to meet us.
For the extremely expensive price of this trip, it was a VERY big disappointment. Terribly organised trip, low quality, (more like a youth camp, rather than a quality cruise). It seemed as if Silverseas did not want to pay for docking the ship for a day or night and spent most time as sea when not needed. Example; Zanzibar to Dar es Salaam is only 1 hour journey yet this ship took 7 hours! Unacceptable!
Made a complaint to travel agency and to Silverseas over 2 weeks ago have not received a reply. All passengers on this cruise agreed it was the WORST cruise they have taken and would never book with Silverseas again!!
Take heed and NEVER book this cruise lines nor ship!!
Previous booking with Six Star went like a dream
Latest booking a nightmare.
Requested Virgin Flights, find I am booked with Delta and subject to their conditions and changes.
Six Star concierge does not know what she is talking about!
Six Star Cruises is rated 4.78 based on 3,220 reviews