Shepherd Chartered Surveyors Reviews

of reviewers recommend Shepherd Chartered Surveyors
Read Shepherd Chartered Surveyors Reviews

About Shepherd Chartered Surveyors:

We are Scotland’s leading Chartered Surveyors, valuers, property agents and managers. With decades of experience and expertise combined with in-depth local market knowledge, we offer our clients a comprehensive range of Residential and Commercial Property Services.

Shepherd Chartered Surveyors is located strategically throughout Scotland, our clients benefit from our local market knowledge and the large network of dedicated professionals with a wide range of experience, expertise and resources.

Tell us how Shepherd Chartered Surveyors made you happy
Surveyor was 45 mins late. After 25 mins I phoned office and was told he must be held up. No apologies at that point. No follow up call until surveyor arrived 45 mins late who also didn’t apologise but was nice enough so I presumed he was unaware of the time he was to be here.
(Perth) - Posted 3 months ago
We acknowledge your comments raised in your review. If you would like to send me additional details regarding this i'll bring it to the attention of the Managing Partner for that area, who will investigate it further. Please send the details to david@shepherd.co.uk Thank you.
Although the surveyor was very personable when I saw the Short Survey I was surprised. He had not altered the report to acknowledge that I had taken up the carpets and stripped, sanded and polished the floors. In response to my NOT passing the survey and spending time writing to explain, I received a second version which was slightly altered. One section was undertaken so quickly that it made no sense. Linda, in Shepherd's office corrected it for me - she was very helpful. When I received the EPC I was very angry. I had told the surveyor I had put in underfloor insulation. This was acknowledged briefly, but page 1 stated that the buyers could improved the Energy performance by putting in underfloor insulation. I phone Shepherds again, spoke to Lynn, sent her a copy of the receipt from Ecoloongical Systems Ltd who supplied the materials for the insulation. She passed this on to another surveyor who phoned me, listened to me, acknowledged the problem and altered the EPC. The surveyor who came to my flat did a shoddy job and I ended up doing the work which he should have done. The women in the offi ce were great as was the surveyor who sorted it in the end. However, as a result, I would not recommend Shepherds to anyone.
(Dunfermline) - Posted 11 months ago
Expensive for not really telling me or a potential buyer much information. Visual quick walk round a flat basically. Good work if you can get it.
(Kirkcaldy) - Posted 1 year ago
We are forced by legislation to have a home report survey completed before we can sell our own property. The surveyor had no personal grudge, and was just doing his job, but such nonesense as dismissing the fact that the building was fully insulated as he could'nt see it is rediculous. The fact that the survey then sets the selling price is also dictatorial. I own my property outright and should be able to sell it for any amoiunt I choose, but no I have to sell it for the low price set by the survey, as the inspector does not like converted properties. In short, surveyor not co-operative or helpful. Home report not worth the paper it's printed on.
(Fraserburgh) - Posted 1 year ago
The valuation on my property fell well below my expectations and those of my estate agents. I was not allowed to discuss the issue with Shepherds and therefore faced with having to disappoint potential buyers who viewed my property and expected to be able to buy it. Fortunately, several viewers were able to understand the error made by Shepherds and my property sold for £25,000 above their valuation.
(Glasgow West End) - Posted 1 year ago
This company spent exactly 5 minutes in a 3 beds property. They didn't even noticed dampness in the ceiling. Never tried to open a window. And they NEVER inform about properties that might need a minning report, as others surveyors do. Please stay away from a property that has been surveyed by these fraudsters.
The person who carried out the survey was good and once money paid the aftercare customer service was horrible. They were not replying appropriately to the query and trying to be difficult to deal with.
(Glasgow South) - Posted 1 year ago