Shepherd Chartered Surveyors Reviews

of reviewers recommend Shepherd Chartered Surveyors
Read Shepherd Chartered Surveyors Reviews

About Shepherd Chartered Surveyors:

We are Scotland’s leading Chartered Surveyors, valuers, property agents and managers. With decades of experience and expertise combined with in-depth local market knowledge, we offer our clients a comprehensive range of Residential and Commercial Property Services.

Shepherd Chartered Surveyors is located strategically throughout Scotland, our clients benefit from our local market knowledge and the large network of dedicated professionals with a wide range of experience, expertise and resources.

Tell us how Shepherd Chartered Surveyors made you happy
Shepherds produced a home report for a house we purchased recently. The report looked good with all areas of the survey given category 1, and just one category2. However, once the purchase was complete and we moved in we found a number of errors, some minor which were missed, a leaky cylinder, twisted widows, etc., but one major which could have had a life threatening consequence. We have complained to Shepherds but they refuse to answer simple questions, pay for the repairs or compensate us for their errors. I would not trust their report ever again.
We acknowledge your comments raised in your review. If you would like to send me additional details regarding this i'll bring it to the attention of the Managing Partner for that area, who will investigate it further. Please send the details to david@shepherd.co.uk Thank you.
We have just paid a large sum of money for a draft report that was not worth the paper it was written on. There were rooms missing off the Accommodation section, it stated that no detailed inspection of floors was possible due to fitted floor covering (all of our floors are solid Canadian Maple!), windows and doors were not fully opened or tested (why not?), the garage vehicular door was not fully opened or tested (it was!), no mention of the full electricity system test that was carried out last year, despite my wife asking if the surveyor wished to see it. These errors and omissions make it difficult to believe the remainder of the survey. This resulted in having to speak with the surveyor to express dissatisfaction and to get these errors corrected. How can a company justify these costs when they provide what appears to be a 'cut and paste' product?
Received an appointment very promptly in order for the surveyor to carry out a home report. The draft was returned in a couple of days for me to review. I found that they offered a professional service and were recommended to me by my estate agents.
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.
I have to agree with the last review. How Edward Shepherd still has a license to act as a surveyor is beyond me! I had a full building survey, the sellers said he finished the survey in 40 minutes, unbelievable! When the survey arrived I thought it was a joke, he missed things that a twelve year old would have seen, totally incompetent! My review is 100% genuine, my advice is; If you don’t want to spend thousands of pounds putting things right which Shepherd’s surveys have missed, get a genuine surveyor and pay a little more! It will be well worth it! I want to give a minus rating but the review site does make provision for that!
Reviews completed by Stevie Wonder!! Nothing but problems in the house I bought after Shepherd's CS completed the home report. They were either given a back hander to say everything was fine or are generally just bad at what they do.
No response to request for property survey, nor to follow-up message advising that another surveyor had been instructed (all e-mails verified as having been delivered). Might be caused by their use of Outlook.com as e-mail provider.
House got sold but now the sellers have moved in 2 weeks ago they have told us some things that I think the person doing the home report should have taken note of.
Overall poor experience, various mistakes made along the way and a very slow process.
(Inverness) - Posted 1 year ago