Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care Reviews

of reviewers recommend Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care

About Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care:

Established in 1938, Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care is a family-owned and family-run business and today we have over 175 branches. As we continue to grow, we’ve made sure that our core focus has remained the same… “Providing our customers with excellent service and clinical excellence.” Our branch teams are trained to become customer champions, and we’re always working to improve the experience we offer.

Tell us how Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care made you happy
Had my eye test 15/2/19 - lens' that were recommended were not fully explained and had they been I would not have purchased them. Felt as though that particular type of lens' were being pushed for a sale rather than what would have been more suitable. Also glasses had to be returned twice as the frames were scratched when the lens' were fitted and a second time as my pupil distance had not been measured properly. As at 10/4/19 still waiting for glasses.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention, if you could email customercare@scrivens.com with your details, they will investigate this for you.
Weeks after the eye test and arrival of incorrect glasses, I am still waiting for the correct glasses
Hi Alan, thank you for bringing this to our attention. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com with details of the branch you attended, we will investigate this for you.
I had an eye test in July 2018 which was fine, but when I went to collect my new glasses I knew straight away that they were not going to be suitable as everything was blurred. I was told to give them a try for a few days to see if I could get used to them and was given a printout of my prescription. When I got home I looked at the prescription and found that it was for someone else! I tried the glasses at work for a few days but they gave me a headache when I was looking at the computer screen and so I had to leave work early to return the glasses. When I got to the Opticians I was told that the Manageress wasn't there and so I would have to go back on Saturday morning. I returned the prescription I had been given but mine couldn't be found anywhere so I was left worrying who had it as all my details were on there. On the Saturday when I returned I was made to feel that I didn't know what I was talking about when I said that the glasses were unsuitable for me to use for the screen work I do all day. It was agreed that I could have the lenses changed, but they are still not completely satisfactory because I can get by using them for the screen but I still have to use my old glasses to read, which means having to carry 2 pairs of glasses with me all the time.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com with your details and the branch where you purchased your glasses from, we will investigate this for you.
I had my eyes done ordered my new glasses but haven't heard back frm you yet
Thank you for bringing this to our attention, if you could email us at customercare@scrivens.com with more details, we will investigate this for you.
Kept waiting an unacceptable amount of time and when I was eventually seen, the procedure was drawn out over an unacceptable period.
Hi Terry, thank you for bringing this to our attention, if you could email us at customercare@scrivens.com with more details, we will investigate this for you.
I didn't get a txt when glasses were ready. I even called in and was told they weren't ready! I paid far too much for the glasses and will go elsewhere next time and get a better deal. Your hearing rooms are very noisy and so its hard to concentrate/hear.
Hi Georgina, thank you for bringing this to our attention. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com with details of the branch you attended, we'll investigate this for you.
I didn’t feel that I knew how much a pair of glasses cost I was confused by supposedly getting a good offer?
Hi Ursula, thank you for your feedback. We'll pass your comments on to the appropriate department.
I had a ver unpleasant experience with Scrivens in the last 2 months . They threatened to dismantle my glasses and keep my £191.00 which was 50% of the cost of the glasses. I had no idea why they send me theses threatening letters I have been a customer for several years and never owe them a penny I also have my less plan with them and they take the payment from my account without fail every month. I don’t trust their service anymore and I am still waiting a response from them on the matter. Will not be using them again.
Hi Josette, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We've passed your comments on to the Customer Care team who will investigate this for you.
My husband and I both had our eyes tested and were very happy with Mrs Gibbs as we always are. Your front of house staff are all very efficient too. HOWEVER, MY GLASSES ARE AS THEY SHOULD BE BUT MY HUSBANDS WERE COMPLETELY WRONG. HE COULDNT SEE OUT OF THEM AT ALL. THE ASSISTANT WAS VERY RELUCTANT TO BELIEVE HIM. AS IT TURNED OUT APPARENTLY LONG DISTANCE LENSES HAD BEEN PUT IN INSTEAD OF THE PRESCRIBED ONES
Hi Pamela, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We'll pass your comments on to our Customer Care team who will investigate this for you.
Still waiting for a reply to a complaint, although refund has now been paid
Hi Derek, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We'll pass your comments on to the Customer Care team for you.
Appalling! My father had an eye test 6 weeks after having a cataract done as advised by consultant. Had to wait 6 weeks for the glasses. He collect the new glasses tried then on thought they were okay, but when he got home and tried them on he couldn't see out of them as well as his old ones. Went back in to say couldn't read with them as well as my old glasses. So they gave him another eyes test and still the next set of glasses are no good. £353.99 and unable to wear them. This is all very distressing for an 86 year old to deal with. We have now got to go back yet again. They tried to infer it was something to do with having his cataracts done.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com with details of the branch where your father was seen we will investigate this for you.
When collecting glasses I was not happy with the vision. Still bad and hurt my eyes. Was told to wear them for a whole.
Thank you for bringing this is our attention. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com with more details, they will investigate this for you.
Very slow service , then could not be bothered to inform me that the glasses had arrived at their shop. Not impressed, with customer support.
terrible going next door in future
Thank you for your feedback. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com with more details they will investigate this for you.
Will not be returning when I need to be re-tested.
Hi Joanne, thank you for getting in touch. If you'd like to email customercare@scrivens.com with more information, they will investigate any issues for you.
Dear Sir, I recently purchased 2 pairs of specs following my cataract removal. whilst I was pleased with the modest cost applied for using existing frames, I was incensed having to pay full price for 2 new prescriptions without any possibility of a substantial discount for ordering more than I pair of glasses. I was assured there was no possibility of a discount being available. I will look for an alternative optician in the future.
Hi Brian, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We'll pass your comments on to the appropriate department for you.
I have had four attempts to get my glasses made correct, first attempt the prisms were the incorrect way directing my vision to be double, the second time was right eye had a focus distance of only ten feet my left eye was correct, after have a further eye test, it was found that my eye sight had changed, it was suggested that my diabetes may cause this, I have not had diabetes for over one year, The latest was to wear the glasses for a further two week to get used to them,all I have had is a balance problem and continued me grain. I have just had an eye scan which involved having a photo of the back of my eye, this has shown clear, no sign of diabetes. I would like a full refund so I can go and have further free test with a different optician.
Hi Graham, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We've passed your comments on to our Customer Care team who will investigate this for you.
Dissatisfied. Having been a loyal customer for over 10years I will not be returning
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com we will investigate this matter for you.
Very dissatisfied. After a second eye test I have not been able to see correctly. The optician said glasses are ok but I have blepharitis and said she would write to my GP for prescription eye drops after 2 - 3 weeks the surgery has heard nothing. I am not happy as I still cannot see properly.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com with more details, we will investigate this for you.
The Optician was fantastic but recently their aftercare service is very poor. I think this is due to staff shortages. The staff in the shop try their very best, but are under increasing pressure.
Thank you for your feedback. If you could email customercare@scrivens.com with more details, we will certainly investigate this for you.
Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care is rated 4.55 based on 3,487 reviews