Safety Play Reviews

Jo Gumm
Safety Play  5 star review on 1st August 2020
Danielle Smith
Safety Play  5 star review on 24th July 2020
I echo a lot of the other reviews, the product is great!! .....But the delivery company and communications is terrible (and isn't customer service based). I had to chase for delivery date (after receiving an email just stating it was out for delivery - but not date given). As per the text message from the courier "I might get the delivery by 5pm that day" and on the tracking page its stated to call customer 1hr before hand (which would have been perfect regarding planning work calls etc.) Courier called as he turned up at my house - so had to quickly jump off a work call to take delivery of the pallet. Having experienced many other deliveries during Covid of similar sized items, all of which were provided a much better levels of customer services, therefore highlighted how poor this was. hence only 3 stars...
Thrilled with the product as it’s brilliant. HOWEVER safteyplay really need to invest in a better courier for deliveries. We had a nightmare trying to get these delivered and each day we were promised delivery by 5pm which never appeared! I also felt that they started to ignore our calls towards the end (we had to do all of the chasing) and things only miraculously resolved when we resorted to social media to highlight the fact that our order was still missing. If they can sort the delivery side then they would have received five stars as I can’t fault the product at all.
The blue rubber chippings are perfect. Really vibrant, the colour doesn’t come off so it really is zero mess and it’s lovely and bouncy and safe for the kids. It also looks great and really does stay put in the wind. Cannot fault the product, it does exactly what it says it will. We had delivery and communication problems with safetyplay which is why I knocked two stars off. We called ahead of placing our order to check delivery times as we wanted it in time for our sons birthday and were told that would happen. It didn’t. I had to chase up with safety play when it didn’t arrive, they didn’t contact me. It was then due to arrive the next week. It didn’t. Again I had to contact them when it didn’t arrive. I appreciate that sometimes machines break and that with the best will in the world delivery times sometimes can’t be fulfilled but good customer service would see the company contact the customer and apologise ahead of time, not leave the customer waiting for a delivery that doesn’t arrive and then leave it for the customer to call/email to find out what is going on. All the while the website advertised next day delivery.
The product itself is wonderful and we are very pleased, however the delivery process was pretty bad. We ordered two 500kg sacks of the blue rubber mulch on the 2nd of July, and received one email on the 28th July to say it had been “dispatched” (we expected a long delay due to covid but no actual delivery date was given) the following morning it arrived on our driveway (we weren’t in as we were coming home from our camping holiday) the driver apparently knocked on my neighbours door to check it was our house to be delivered to (they had no idea what it was as we weren’t given a specific delivery date and looks like rubble for the driveway when all wrapped up) we had cones out as our driveway was being installed that week. One phone call and this could have been delivered to the right place (rear garden access where our play area is) unfortunately came home at lunchtime and had to barrow out both sacks before the tarmac was due to arrive the next morning for the drop kerb being installed as they were placed on the edge of the driveway overlapping the new drop kerb zone. Like I said the material is excellent but there needs to be more notice (a date) on deliveries or on ordering to be able to specify specific delivery instructions, especially as these are not small items. I order a lot of other bulk materials with other companies (topsoil/stone) for clients when installing gardens, and if a delivery date was not specified I would have a lot of grumpy customers not having access to there driveways.
The product is really good but the communication was very poor I had no way of tracking my delivery and when it was delivered it came on two lorries on two separate days I only ordered 2 500kg bags of chippings 1 red and 1 green but they said they have different colour delivery days which is why my order was delivered on two different days and not together which I find quite strange.
Called before placing an order and was assured delivery before my sons birthday 3 weeks away( he was having a play area built) but arrived 3 days after. No communication, had to chase them twice to be told delivery was now 3-4 weeks.Delivery was left in the road to be wheelbarrowed down the garden, would have thought that it could have been put on the drive...on the flip side the price was good.
I ordered chippings during lockdown so I was expecting a delay in delivery. The only issue I had was the lack of contact, I did not get an email confirming my order, there was no response to an email I sent requesting an update. I did get an email about a week before they were delivered telling me they would arrive soon. I finally received an invoice and promise of delivery 10 days after the chippings arrived. The chippings are great and my little one loves their new play area.
Price and product was good, however communication could have been better. im assuming its because of the COVID-19 situation, but after purchasing, i was not informed of delivery. after 10 days I wrote an email asking when it will be delivered and only then i received a reply for a delivery date. other than that. happy with the product
The actual product is quality, i ordered way more than i needed and its like a trampoline! It seems like its a weed stopper too, ive had a few patches where i havent dedicated it to, and weeds/ grass have been growing out. Downside is picture quality on the website. Brown looks brown. The brown i have is very, very dark. Black with a tinge of brown. I know they are made of tyre rubber but still...
Fabulous quality product just disappointed with service of recharging for delivery
Safety Play is rated 4.74 based on 162 reviews