Room to Grow Reviews

Room to Grow 5 star review on 8th April 2021
Caroline Weston
Room to Grow 5 star review on 26th February 2021
Lauren Elias
Great service but v poor quality a few months on
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are very sorry to hear that are having issues with your Stompa UNO S 3AD Midsleeper with pull out desk, multi cube and chest. We can see that this was ordered from us July of last year and you paid for Home assembly which means you have a 5 year warranty. We can look into rectifying these issues for you if you would like to email in to our support team at support@roomtogrow.co.uk with some photos of the damage and we will take this up with Stompa for you. Best Wishes Lindsey
Trundle bed damaged, mattress and hook did not arrive.
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. We are sorry to hear you had a damage and we hope our team sorted your damage trundle bed and you are now very happy with your order. Best Wishes Clare
We ordered our child?s bed and quickly received a delivery notification with a slot, which was all fine. However, the bed arrived damaged not once, but twice- forcing us to reject both deliveries. We had to make a third attempted delivery, where the bed was in tact- however the follow up on each occasion by Room to Grow was poor and little apology or compensation). A real shame as the bed is lovely quality, just a shame about the delivery company and also Room to grows customer service team.
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent experience. We are sorry you feel let down by our customer service and delivery teams, and we are very sorry that your furniture arrived damaged on both occasions. Once the furniture leaves our warehouse then we do expect better care to be taken and as soon as we were alerted then we did arrange for replacements parts to be dispatched. We do understand your frustration and we are sorry for the inconvenience caused, but please be assured that we have passed on your comments to the team as we always strive to create the best possible customer experience. Best Wishes, Clare
One of the legs had the holes cut on the wrong side. This meant that it couldn't be properly secured.
Was only sent enough screws to make one bed of a bunk bed, thereby leaving son without anywhere to sleep for a week before new screws were dispatched. The customer service team were helpful and responsive, but it was extremely disappointing that the mistake happened in the first place, and disappointing that it took a whole week to send out a replacement pack of screws.
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am very sorry to hear you had fixings missing from your kit. It's very good to hear the RTG team helped as quickly and efficiently as they could. I hope your son loves his new bed now. Best Wishes Jennah
Poor quality control on products. Second time I have ordered from them and the items were missing parts.
Thank you for your response. We are very sorry to hear of your problems with your Stompa items. Please contact our support team if you require parts or replacements. They are super quick in resolving any issues and parts as quickly as possible. Best Wishes RTG
The beds good quality and easy to esemble. But the head board arrived badly damaged so the overall experience was rated as poor. A replacement was sourced and arrived within x3 days, So my children were unable to sleep in beds for x3 days. Only an apology was given and no reduction in overall fee? With the high cost of the beds I thought an offer should have been at least made?
Thank you for taking the time to leave your response. We are sorry to hear that you had a damaged part and there was a delay with the replacement. We appreciate your feedback as we are always looking for new ways to improve our services. If you do require anything further please contact our support team. Best Wishes RTG
Website not very clear to order from. So I ordered the incorrect items. I couldn?t return the item due to hygiene reasons but there was no warning that the mattress I ordered didn?t fit the bed I ordered. When ordering on the website this was the first mattress that came up as recommended for the bedframe I was ordering. Spent £300 more than I wanted and needed to in the end to rectify the problem. Delivery was great and the product is okay.
Thank you for your response. We are sorry to hear the website wasn't clear for your order. We appreciate your feedback and are always looking for ways to improve our site and ordering process. Best wishes RTG
This feedback is actually for your delivery company. The service I've had from Room to Grow has been excellent, but you are completely let down by the delivery company you use. I was contacted on 24/04 to arrange a delivery slot, and was offered 26/04. This was not suitable, as my husband and I work full time and couldn't arrange time off at such short notice. I was told that they don't do evening or weekend delivery. I suggested w/c 28/05, as my husband is a teacher and would be off work all this week. I emailed the week before as I hadn't heard anything, and was assured I would be contacted to arrange a time and date. I called today (29/05) as I still hadn't heard, only to be told that there are no slots available this week. I cannot understand how there are no slots available, when I requested delivery this week over a month ago, and followed up with an email last week. I will have to take a day's holiday next week, as the only day they have available in the near future is Thursday 7th June. This is extremely annoying when my husband is off all this week and could have taken delivery any day. When you are spending upwards of £500 on a product, there should be some flexibility on the part of the supplier regarding when it is delivered. I have no issue with Room to Grow, but I would be put off buying from this site again unless something is done about this extremely frustrating delivery situation.
Thank you for your response regarding our customer service team and delivery team. It's lovely to hear that our service here at Room to Grow was excellent but we are sorry that the delivery team haven't been very accommodating to your delivery requirements. We are always looking at new ways to improve our delivery services, so we really appreciate your feedback. Best Wishes RTG
The components were very well packaged but they needed to be as they arrived with footprints all over them, in a rusty old white van driven by a scruffy looking man with mud all over his shoes. The delivery firm (Specialist Delivery Services Ltd) provided absolutely no customer service at all, expecting us to fit in with when they might feel like delivering with virtually no notice, whilst managing to make inappropriate remarks about the area we live in. Room to Grow's customer services did take these comments seriously but it's surprising they still use that firm when it sounds like they regularly let them down like this.
We are sorry to receive your response. We have taken your feedback very seriously and are working with our delivery team to avoid issues like this arising the future. Best Wishes, RTG.
Where to start... * Boxes had 2 person lifting signs all over them. They were delivered by one struggling guy. In the snow. Boxes had obviously been dragged about and damaged. Fortunately there was enough packaging to protect the products. * The ivory mid-sleeper bed came in 2 boxes. One was ivory, the other grey. Waaay to much hassle to get it changed so I just built it with both colours. Looks okay. * A drawer on the wardrobe needed modification as the base was too thick to go into the drawer front. * Confusing phone call from a sub-supplier(?) of the Stompa furniture - I got the impression from them that they were going to deliver the furniture assembled, but it came flat packed. Coming from another company meant that there were 2 deliveries on different days which I had to be home for which is a pain.
Thank you for your feedback regarding the service you received in connection with your recent order. We are very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the service you received and we will be looking into how the picking error at the warehouse occurred. Had we been notified at the time then we would have sent you the correct Ivory parts for you to assemble your bed.  It is unusual to hear about the issue with your wardrobe but we would be happy to look into this for you should you care to share the necessary information with our support team at support@roomtogrow.co.uk.  We will also pass on your comments to Stompa's delivery team as you did not ask for home assembly on your order. Best Wishes, RTG.
No idea if the wardrobe is nice as I?ve still not got it. The delivery service is terrible. They didn?t call me, went to the wrong house and then sent me an email saying I had given them the wrong address and phone number. Which I hadnt. Now rearranged for a week later at a time that isn?t particularly convenient.
Thank you for your comments. We are very sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced and we do acknowledge there were some issues which we have taken up with the delivery team. Thank you again for your feedback and we understand that you have now received your delivery.  Best Wishes, RTG.
Delivery was damaged en route to us. Arrangements for replacements was excellent but original courier messed up on delivery twice before eventually delivering.
We are very sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced. Unfortunately, as we use a third party carrier service for this product, the delivery issues you have experienced were out of our control, however, please be assured that we have raised a complaint directly with the manufacturer and their delivery team.  Your feedback on this matter is much appreciated.  Best Wishes, RTG.
I had a call to tell me a delivery slot and he was very nice and moved it to a day that worked for me. However I then had a follow up call where they left a message to say the bed will be delivered on a totally different day and didn't acknowledge I already had a day set up. When I called to explain this and that wasn't the day I had booked I was told they can call me 1 hour before getting to my house and then could leave it in a safe place - all of this meaning I could get my husband there. Not ideal but a plan. However the reality was: One missed call, no voicemail at the exact time they were at my house and then they left the bed in the pouring rain! It was outside my house for nearly 3 hours! The box was soaked and a few bits of the white paint on the bed are damaged as a result.
Thank you for leaving a review. We pride ourselves on customer satisfaction and quality of service and we have checked your order and unfortunately cannot see any notes relating to your delivery, but if you gave direct instructions to the delivery team, then we sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused to you and your family. Please do contact customer services on 0330 006 3096 or email support@roomtogrow.co,uk if you wish to discuss this further.  Best Wishes, RTG.
While the service of RTG was polite, the delivery was farcical - no warning; attempted on the wrong day and then the next day before 7am; rearranged for the following Monday but it didn?t turn up; rearranged for weds morning and it finally turned up around 3.30pm. At my request RTG refunded the delivery charge but this didn?t really compensate for having to arrange for people to wait in on 3 different days.
Thank you for your comments. We?re sorry you're not entirely satisfied with our delivery service and your feedback will help us to review this. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.  Best Wishes, RTG.
The beds were not very easy to assemble and really needed two people to hold various bits up while other parts were slotted in otherwise it just broke a apart at the joints which is what happened twice. Not great quality beds in my opinion.
Thank you for your comments. We really appreciate hearing about your experience. Please be assured that the manufacturer has sold thousands of this particular model all across Europe, and has received excellent reviews. On average this bed takes 2/3 hours to build and assembled correctly meets all European/UK safety testing requirements. I understand that you have been liaising with the customer service team regarding this matter. Best Wishes, RTG
Order 2 sets of bunk lights the 4 days for delivery turned into 2 months, I was told that they had tried to deliver and the item was returned to depot, this happened twice no one rang no letter no email. It took a not very happy call from me to finally get this item delivered to the correct address!
So sorry to hear about the trouble you've experienced and your delivery was not as it should have been. Your comments have been passed on to the team.  Best Wishes, RTG.
Very poor service, I am currently awaiting a third visit to rectify poor workmanship and very poor quality furniture. Room to Grow are happy to take the payment up front but have not been helpful in resolving the issues we have had with the standard of furniture they have sold us. This furniture is expensive and i thought good quality, but this is not the case.They use an external fitting company who do not contact you with times for return visits and availability is all on their terms. For example today I am expecting a visit that they were supposed to advise in advance if it was AM or PM. I still haven't been told so have had to chase myself. They are then supposed to provide an hours notice which they haven't on the two previous occasions, so I don't hold out much hope today.
Thank you for your comments. We are very sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced. This is a very unusual situation for us and we sincerely apologise for the quality of your Stompa furniture and the time you have had to wait for a service call. I can see that you have been speaking with our customer services team who have been liaising with Stompa to rectify this issue as a matter of urgency. We appreciate your valuable feedback.  Best Wishes, RTG.
Delivery was a bit of a shamble. It took longer than expected, and on the day we didn't give any more delivery info than PM. We were out for just a short while when the delivery came, and they didn't try and call me even if they had my number. In the end, when I spoke to someone, the redelivery was easier and at least we got a 4hr slot for when we needed to be in. However, most other delivery services will give you an hour slot, or at least give you a warning 30-60min before they arrive. We ordered a bed that said two people would take an hour to build. However, it took twice as long, as there were lost of places where there were no predrilled holes. Luckily, the beds look nice when they have have been built!
Thank you for taking the time to comment. To enable us to despatch our products quickly we use the services of a third party doorstep carrier company who confirm whether it will be an AM or PM delivery. It is such a shame that you were out during the afternoon when they were due to arrive. We are always looking at ways in which to improve our services and we hope to add to our delivery options in the near future. I am sorry to hear that you were mislead with the assembly time of the bunk bed and I am unsure where this information came from, but it shouldn't take more than a couple of hours.  Finally, it is very unusual to hear that some of the parts did not have pre-drilled holes and had we been made aware then we would of course sent out replacement parts immediately.  It is wonderful to hear that you are now enjoying your new bunk bed. Best Wishes, RTG.
The only thing which has let this experience down is that the product arrived minus 2 drawer fronts - we were informed these would be delivered by the end of June but we still haven't received them.
Thank you for your comments. We are sorry for the delay you are experiencing but we understand there has been a delay by the manufacturers in France.   Unfortunately, on this occasion the delay and product issue is out of our control but we are treating this as matter or urgency.  A member of our customer services team is actively chasing this and will contact your directly about this. Best Wishes, RTG.
Room to Grow is rated 4.29 based on 1,811 reviews