Reynolds Blinds Reviews

79% of reviewers recommend Reynolds Blinds

How would you rate Reynolds Blinds ?

"Just got back from London and though I had been told how fabulous the blinds are I was still seriously proper delighted. The roof blinds are perfect. Really finish off the roof. The window blinds are both perfect too. My concerns re the large roller were completely unfounded. The kitchen roller sits so well inside the window and the color is such a great match. It's fabulous. The breakfast room blind too. Both are so lovely to look at. Please pass on our thanks to all at Reynolds. A fantastic job and truly excellent customer service. Well be back soon I expect."
J And S Trueman
Verified Reviewer
"Excellent service from start to finish. We had a problem with a competitor’s electric blind. That company had gone bust! After two years of our blind not working, and unable to get anyone to repair it, we asked Reynolds , Kings Norton for help. We asked if they could repair, although not their blind. They came out, assessed the problem,ordered a new electric motor, and then fitted it . We now have an electric blind that works, with very many thanks for service provided by Chelsea in the office, Rob and John, aided by Alex. Would thoroughly recommend this company. Thank you."
"This is the 2nd time I have used Reynolds Blinds Kings Norton. I ordered 7 white wood gloss Venetian blinds. Ordered and fitted within 3 weeks. Very professional & excellent service. My blinds look fabulous. The best price around for good quality blinds. Thank you."
Thank you for your kind words, and for taking the time to post this.

We are so glad you are please. And thank you for your business - it is most appreciated.

Mrs Percival
Verified Reviewer
"Reynolds Blinds in Newbury are amateur hour at its finest. This is compounded by poor workmanship; shoddy fitting; total disinterest in customer problems and incompetence on a scale which is hard to believe. The woman in the shop is clueless and incapable of ordering the number of blinds paid for; whoever made the blinds wasted meters of material which I then had to replace at extra cost. When they were eventually fitted they were truly shocking. I sent an e-mail to Nick Richens, who is allegedly in charge, on 17th October last year to discuss the problems, he never called back. Clearly neither he, nor Reynolds Blinds, have any interest in customer service. I refused to pay the balance due in the hope something would be done, needless to say nothing happened. I also delayed writing a review in the naïve hope the mistakes would be rectified. The errors are as follows: - Smaller hall blind stitching already coming apart; - Loose threads on the blinds; - Extremely poor fitting, blinds do not hang properly; - Are not central to the windows; - One of the blinds can be moved sideways, surely they should be static; - Cleats the wrong colour – they should be clear plastic; - Installed cleats all at different heights from the window sills; - They are not straight and plaster has been chipped out of walls; - Red rawl plugs clearly visible; - The pulley strings are all different lengths and one is missing the end. How Reynolds Blinds stays in business is beyond me. Their ineptitude and disinterest is staggering."
"Received a quotation from Reynolds Blinds in September 2017 for a £3500+ job, the go ahead was given and the work was due to commence w/c 19th February, despite several emails and phone calls, less than one week before we were contacted by a very rude member of Reynolds and told they were not doing the job, no apology no explanation. We were upset as our reputation was at stake as we had taken on the work but were told that as we had never given Reynolds any work in the past they were not bothered - we will never be giving Reynolds any work in the future either! Totally disgusted with their attitude and professionalism ...or lack of! Davron Building Services Limited"
Dear Sir,

We are sorry you are disappointed with Reynolds Blinds. We do feel that is not a very fair review.

Our initial estimate in September was subject to a more detailed survey, and that survey found that there was no suitable and safe fixing for the blinds which is why we had to decline the order.

We would never fix a product knowing that this would be potentially unsafe, so we were in a no win situation here. We did communicate the issue to you as soon as we were aware on a number of occasions.

We are sorry that you feel this has damaged your reputation but safety must come first.

Reynolds Blinds
"I would like to thank all the staff at Kings Norton Reynolds blinds for their efficiency and friendly but professional approach to ensure I had the blinds ordered and installed as I wanted. I am delighted with the results. Rob, the 'fitter' was obviously experienced and had a very pleasant manner. Derek, his assistant, was also very pleasant and helpful. This company was recommended and I am more than satisfied with the product and service."
Thanks you so much for this review, and for your business. They are both most appreciated.

Reynolds Blinds
"I have had a few blinds of Reynolds now, and never any problem until recently, my latest blind which is only 2 years old develops a small problem which was no fault of Reynolds l must say. A quick phone call to the Wylde Green Sutton Coldfield showroom were we had the blind from and they very politely and quickly render a repair free of charge for which we are very grateful for, there are not many about these days that would do that for you, so thank you very much Reynolds for your great service for which l will recommend to all a sundry"
Hello,

Many thanks for the review. Glad everything is sorted for you - we are always happy to help!

A Disappointed Customer
Verified Reviewer
"Problems started as soon as paid for my order: - The salesman wrote down the wrong product so the wrong product was ordered. He did at least admit to his error and rectified it, so the only downside to this mishap was the products were a few weeks later than expected. - The worst part is in the 5 years I have had my perfect fit venetian blinds from Reynolds they have broken at least 6 times (!). Reynolds initially repaired them admitting the product was sub-standard. The issue which keeps recurring is the cord keeps needing to be tightened to keep the blind in the open position and then when the repair guy tightens it too much, it snaps. The problem is much worse and recurs more regularly on my larger size blinds. - It is unclear yet whether they have fitted the latest breakdown with a stronger cord. Time will tell. I'm not optimistic. - Also disappointing, is the attitude of the lady in the Newbury store. Really defensive and unhelpful. I was advised I should be able to tighten the cord myself (bare in mind this requires dissembling the product and putting it together again without any instructions or guidance). Totally unapologetic for the problems I have had, insisting they never have problems with these blinds. (Sorry, but based on my experience with Reynolds I just don't believe that). - Contrast the above with the 20+ plantation shutters I ordered from Hilarys which have had absolutely no issues over the same period. We are very happy with them. Hilary's are also better priced, btw. I recommend them. Just whatever you do, don't buy through Reynolds."
Dear Sir,
We are sorry that you are disappointed with our service.
Blinds, like any product, can occasionally need servicing and part replacing and we are happy to offer this service to any of our customers.
All of our products come with a fully warranty and any manufacturing faults that occur within that period are fixed without charge. Over and above that, and unlike many of our larger competitors, we also offer a repair service for products that are outside of warranty.
We will look at your complaint and take it up with the branch in question. But knowing the lady who was in store yesterday, we are sure she was only trying to help.
Reynolds Blinds
"Had slight problem came out within hour and sorted it fitter extremely helpful"
Hello,

Sorry you had a problem but glad it was sorted and you are pleased now.

Reynolds Blinds
"The whole process from measuring up through to fitting was friendly, efficient and professional. We were pleased that they operate in the Swindon area with visit times to suit us."
Hi Jane,

Many thanks for taking the time to write this review. We are thrilled that you were pleased with your blinds.

Reynolds
"excellent choice of blinds very prompt service and excellent fitting service"
Hi Patsy,
Really pleased you are happy with your blinds, and many thanks for the review. We will pass your kind words on to the store and installer for you. With kind regards. Reynolds Blinds
Steve Cantrell
Unverified Reviewer
"In the interest of fairness I feel it only right that I should update my recent, not so glowing review. Following my review I was contacted by Manager Nick who apologised for the inconvenience I had recently gone through. The background to the issues encountered had not been fully recognised. Following this all efforts were made to rectify the problem; this included a very generous offer to install my blinds in wood rather than the faux wood previously ordered. At all times I was kept informed, and on Monday Rob fitted, as usual doing a great job. Thank you to all involved, and needless to say I will continue to use Reynolds in the future."
Hi Mr Cantrell,

Many thanks for taking the time to add this review - it is really appreciated. We would be the first to admit that occasionally we do have jobs that don't go to plan. But we will always do our utmost to to rectify problems as quickly as possible and we are really glad we delighted you in the end.
Thank you so much for your custom.
Steven Cantrell
Unverified Reviewer
"Firstly I would like to point out that we have been using Reynolds Blinds since they had a small shop in Erdington some 30 years ago. To date we have had circa 32 blinds fitted by them, including 2 multiples of 6 (conservatory). Up until now I have had no reason to question the professionalism or customer care of the company. However, the latest incidents with my conservatory blinds has negated that trust. The fitter arrived as arranged to install, during this he discovered that 1 blind was damaged and said that he would arrange a replacement; The pelmets were cut to the wrong size on the blinds for the doors and the retainers were missing. Problems happen so I was not overly annoyed. Replacement time was suggested at two weeks with a date arranged , however I subsequently received a telephone message that this would be delayed due to the materials not being available. A later call then altered this again due to similar problems. Eventually a firm date was arranged. The fitter again arrived on time for the re-fit. However, when he opened the package the he discovered the wrong casing had been used, a subsequent phone call was made and it transpired that the casing design and size had been altered which meant that again mine could not be fitted. He apologised and promised to arrange rectification. This had now been a completely wasted day for me and as can be imagined an extremely frustrating time in what was rapidly becoming a debacle. Not withstanding, I once again have to put a day on hold for a third attempt at fitting. Due to the wasted time, frustration, and inconvenience I approached Reynolds via the Wylde Green branch for some gesture of recompense in recognition of the problems encountered. I have now been informed that this was passed on to management who have refused to offer any discount. I would like to point out that the service and understanding of the branch staff and fitters has been exemplary. It seems a pity that this does not filter upwards to management. After many years of loyal custom and sizable expenditure I will no longer be using Reynolds after (hopefully) my conservatory blinds are eventually fitted at the 3rd time of asking."
"I visited my local Reynolds store in Wylde Green to request a home visit to inspect one of two vertical blinds Reynolds had fitted in my lounge 2-3 years ago. I have a problem with the cord mechanism which may need a repair but the assistant wanted to charge me £60 as a call-out charge. 'Everyone charges a call-out fee' she said. Not true...if I ask a trader to come and quote me to do some work they don't arrive, give me their quotation and say 'by the way, that will be £60 please!'. Absolutely disgusted with your customer service."
Dear Sir,

We are sorry that you are not happy with the service you received at our store. We have checked our records but currently cannot find any orders from you that date from 2 or 3 years ago. We do have some that date from 6 or 7 years ago - could these be the blinds in question?

We have spoken with the branch and they were of the understanding that you wanted us to send an engineer to inspect and service/repair your blinds. Our products come with a warranty (which varies in length by product), and any repairs needed during this period are of course free of charge.

For products that occasionally require attention when our warranty ends, and for this we offer service calls. We expect a normal service call to take around 2 hours including traveling time to and from a customer, and we do have to make a charge for this service.

As said to you when you visited, if you wanted to bring the blind in to us we will assess it absolutely without charge for you and see what the most cost effective method of repair is for you. This option is of course still open to you.

Again we are sorry that you have not found our service to your standard. Your comments will be taken on board and reviewed to see if we can improve from them.

Reynolds Blinds
"Great service from your fitter Ash. Bought our conservatory blinds a year ago and he did our follow up today. Checked blinds over even removing the dead flies! Very professional and nothing too much trouble. Thanks again!"
Sharron & Alan Racey
Unverified Reviewer
"don't know there, names but are from the Newbury branch , done a very good job installing our motorised blinds , clean and tidy and was very quick, good price as well, very pleased with them"
Hi Mr and Mrs Racey,
Thanks for the lovely words and we are super happy you are pleased with your blinds - they looked great. It was Chris and Terry we understand who fitted the blinds for you. we will pass on your kind words to them.
Graham Hudson
Unverified Reviewer
"From visiting the show room in Kings Norton to the fitting of our new kitchen window roller blind today 16/02/17 superb quality on he blind purchased,,, and the expert measuring and fitting by Ashley, Very pleased overhaul with Reynolds and certainly recommend the Kings Norton show room. Graham Hudson."
Hi Mr Hudson,
Many thanks for your kind comments. We are so glad you are pleased. We will pass your message on to Ashley who we are sure will be please to hear you are so happy.
Reynolds
"Simply excellent all round. Friendly and helpful shop staff. Highly skilled estimator. Fast and efficient work from fitter. The estimator listened very carefully to what I wanted, and the fitter really knew what he was doing. Overall, top rated product and Ashley and Neal both a pleasure to have visiting my house."
"Have always bought my blinds from the leamington shop. Really good service and and pleasant bunch of guys to deal with. If there are any issues they respond to and resolve them quickly and effeicently."
C & M Buckingham
Verified Reviewer
"From our first involvement with Reynolds at their Banbury shop (somewhat Dickensian sweetshop in size) we have been impressed by the service given by the staff, courteous with a slice of humour made the experience both enjoyable and productive. Jenny who created our order and Christine who managed it via the phone were professional. We selected Roman blinds for our bay window and Warren, who came to first measure and then fit the blinds, was professional, skillful with great customer empathy. We are delighted with our Roman blinds and the people and process involved!"
Reynolds Blinds is rated 4.12 based on 33 reviews