Regency for Expats Reviews

83% of reviewers recommend Regency for Expats

How would you rate Regency for Expats ?

"My health is very personal to me, so I will remain anonymous, but I wanted to make my thoughts public to thank to the claims team who helped me through the worst situation anyone can imagine. The service and the phone calls with Mary in particular were helpful and even comforting. Thank you all, especially Mary and Louis. :)"
"Set my policy up using my broker and have made a few claims. Jane from the claims team was brilliant. Hope they don't mind me saying the even paid me for some bits that weren't really covered (couple of hundred $ worth). Impressed."
"Genuinely one of the best experiences I have ever had with an insurance company. Regency have made it so easy and no matter where I am in the world they have the ability to help me. The 24 hour claims service is a pleasure to deal with and they arrange for all medical bills to be paid for quickly. Great job and many thanks"
Andrew Stannard
Verified Reviewer
"Highly recommend Regency Health Insurance As a British expat that travels a lot, I have had the need to call upon them in different areas of the world and each time their offices have given me the best service I have experienced of any insurance company. Not once have they quibbled over a claim and as soon as I submit a claim for medication, a gp visit or when I went for my annual medical check... They paid the claims quickly."
Alastair Wright
Verified Reviewer
"Excellent company, very professional team, always respond, pay claims quickly. Am very happy with Regency."
"A complete scam!!! They don't reimburse ever and don't reply to your messages! Their offices only exist on paper and if you try to call them they do not reply in the local language! (diverted phones...). If you're thinking of subscribing their non-existent services do yourself a favour: accurately check the info provided their website, call them, request further info and you'll see..."
"Complete scam..... office addresses aren't real, never paid any claims, never return calls. My advice is to go find a proper insurer....."
"It gives me great peace of mind having Regency health insurance as they are always very accommodating of my requests and they have never argued about any claims I have submitted. The pay all claims quickly and it is always a nice experience talking to such attentive friendly people"
Cheryl Porter
Unverified Reviewer
"Good company. They have always treated me very well, the customer service team are excellent, the medical professionals that work for Regency are always on hand and they have paid all claims quickly with no sign of any hesitation"
"Cancelled but no refund. Why? No response. Thieves !"
"A great great experience with my health cover. Without Regency for expats insurance supporting me whilst I was in hospital I would have been lost. My contact at Regency was Jane and she spoke to the doctors that were treating me and was able to make everything clear for me. She was so sympathetic of my situation and helped guide me through an awful time. She made sure all of the medical bills were taken care of, explained exactly what was going on and arranged everything including checking out the hospital and getting home. She even followed up with me afterwards to make sure I was ok. Thank you Jane!"
Phillip Danby
Verified Reviewer
"As far as insurance companies go, they are among the best I have experienced. I contacted them about needing surgery and they said no problem, they arranged for all of the medical bills to be paid by them directly with the hospital. A really great service. All the claims I have made have been paid without any problems so they have a happy customer for life. Only thing I would say to be aware of is that they dont cover "pre-exisitng" conditions. I asked around and it seems pretty standard among all insurance companies."
Paul McDonald
Verified Reviewer
"Denied approval of shoulder surgery they claim pre existing condition because i played golf a years ago and had a sore shoulder. Also they said injury due to age and that not covered. They want you to have a body of 18 year old regardless of age. Find someone else for coverage. I have learned the hard way."
Christopher Bruce
Verified Reviewer
"Am very pleased to be insured by Regency; they have not let me down. Am grateful to the team for all the care they have provided me during a very difficult time. Paying all the hospital bills quickly was superb, but where they really get my appreciation is how they treat you like a real person and are sincerely interested in making sure you are ok. Top marks for their customer service training."
"Was recommended Regency by a friend; thus far I have only good things to say about them. Very friendly people working there, quick turn around of queries and very easy to use."
Andrea Patrick
Verified Reviewer
"Professional, compassionate company who have taken good care of my family's medical situation"
Daniel Oliver
Verified Reviewer
"I really recommend this company, right from the get go they have been on the ball. Sent out all my documents straight away, answer my questions quickly, pay all my claims with any debate"
"Been with Regency for a few years and have made several claims now and they answer quickly, are helpful and always pay them immediately. Am happy with the health insurance plan and am very happy with the service Thank you"
"They refused to pay my dental claim for some fillings after someone initially mis-coded it as orthodontal work. This led to a long back-and-forth between me and them. Nobody would answer my emails. When I called in, I was told that the claims team would contact me. That never happened. I had a lawsuit filed against me from my dentist's office because I hadn't paid my bill... because Regency wouldn't pay my claim. So I've been paying it myself to avoid going to prison in a country that I'm not even from, AND continued to pay premiums to an insurance company that wouldn't pay my claim. Now my credit here is kind of ruined. So yeah... I highly discourage anyone from purchasing insurance from Regency. (Although I technically purchased the insurance from Principle Assurance, then it was acquired by Regency.) This is the worst experience I have ever had with an insurance company, and I'm from America. So that says a lot."
Amber Spencer
Verified Reviewer
"Everything is done quickly, documents sent out immediately, claims paid within a couple of days, questions answered without delay. My experience has been very good"
Regency for Expats is rated 4.30 based on 100 reviews