Regency for Expats Reviews

Read Regency for Expats Reviews

+44 20 3129 1544

info@regencyforexpats.com

Tell us how Regency for Expats made you happy
Worst experience ever with an insurance company. Was stranded in a hospital for 6 days after a major road accident as Regency were reluctant in providing the hospital with the down payment so that they may proceed to operate. Seldom any communications from Regency during this painful wait which resulted into several blood tranfusions and bacteria in the body due to internal bleeding. I had to use my own financial means to get the operation going or else I would still be there today waiting for the operation whilst my condition was getting worst. Furthermore Regency, contrary to policy, forst me to pay 20% of the total bill! The worst ever insurance company wanting to make a quick buck off their customers. I guess it is a good company as long as you pay your annual feels and don't claim anything. Not a safe insurance company to deal with if you are overseas.
We started our insurance with this company in December 2020. In the second week of January 2021 my son got a hernia. Due to his ongoing exams we waited till now to go to the doctor. The insurance rejected our claim to pay for the surgery because apperently it is a pre-existing condition. I did this result not with an email, someone who even didn't worked on this case called me and I had no chance to got a proper information or the chance to discuss this. I expect more.
My leg broke and my back have fracture need operation urgently And.I wait 1 month already this insurance tell me everything ready for cover the operation and 1 month just tell me wait everyday I have risk cannot walk again and he absolutely don’t care anything
Went to hospital fearing a stroke. Very weak and numbness in both arms, face and top of head. No fever, but feel extremely hot in the heat and shivering cold in the air conditioning in the waiting room. Major medical has so far refused all payment. Hospital did c scan, chest xray, blood tests and put me in Intensive Care Unit. Doctor said he felt I needed round the clock supervision. Still, Regency refused an payment authorization. I waisted $2500 on insurance that appears to be worthless. Now they say I can submit my receipts. I am sure it is an excercise in futility. And this over costs in Thailand which are relatively very low. I would not purchase again or recommend.
The way we are getting treated is ridiculous. Different countries, Different rules. Yous need to understand that. 8 months since the death of a beloved person and its a back and forward with emails, they always want Different records, they know the cause of Deth. We cant get anything they want, they should have this stating in the booklet they send out, so that people can get authorisation to medical records, spouse medical records.
According to Bangkok international hospital, Regency insurance always delay espouse even over a month. This is NOT acceptable. I had only one claim in the past one year, which was rejected without convincing reason. It’s just a pitfall and fake company!!!
I will be canceling my policy with this company immediately. Many phone calls from 'NowCompare' but all people are different, the number they use is a UK number but the call isn't from there. Feels like a giant scam to me. I am out!
Think twice when considering to take any coverage with “Regency for expats” and their brokers “NowCompare” !... They definitely donot fulfill with what they promise when selling their ideas...
be careful "not everything what is shining is gold"!!! what they promise and what the deliver are two different things. Even with a simple claim request of a few hundreds USD which has nothing to do with any pre condition they try to prolong the claim settlement by asking for additional documents, in my case its now already 3 month. Their tactic is to sometimes call and ask you if you not have received our email for example, than again call instead communicating the way they expect from the insurance holder also by mail to have a trace record. Unacceptable!
Making it very difficult to make a claim how unusual for an insurance company! Was in hospital over christmas and still waiting endless requests for medical information, searching for reasons not to honor the policy but happy to take the premium
Be Aware!!!!!! Not recommended and Regency will do everything NOT to pay !!!!!!
I took a policy for my husband in KSA, and on 2 occasions, there were so many hassles but No Authorisation!! The service is non existent, the agent promised that claim are settled immediately! They requested a comprehensive medical report 12 months prior to commencement of policy! Surely that is included in the application form! Very disappointed with Regency and would Not Recommend to anyone! In fact I will take the matter further!! A “patient” would die in an emergency! I have Never had such bad experiences with any health insurance company!
I submitted a claim more than a week ago and still without any outcome. Everytime I speak to claims department it's a different story. Whilst they are so indecisive my situation is deteriorating. Strongly considering canceling my policy. Never had this issue with any other health service provider. Very disappointed.
After three weeks and repeat demands for the same information we are still waiting for a reply for my wife’s surgery. The people there have no names to talk to and no telephone numbers to call. Their replies are so standard blow off I once asked if I was talking from a computer or a human. Their reply was that they were human but replies are computer generated. I am not making this up I have the written correspondence to back my words. I also have contacted several others using their expat insurance and two hospitals. The hospitals say they are the worst of all the insurance companies to deal with and even asked one person for details going back over 20 years ago. I feel I really bought a damp squib. The whole organization seems only interested in blocking. I have also personal claims for hospital visits which after 3 weeks have not even need recognized by them. For this I also have the email depositions. Same for my wife. To be clear I have the Thai expat insurance bought through NOW COMPARE. And a second policy for my wife. nothing we have asked for as far as my non legal knowledge goes is not in compliance with their policies
This company is a joke! As per there terms I sent over a request for pre-approval for surgery, 7 months on and still no surgery! Can't get a straight answer from anyone in customer services, half the time they pretend the line isn't clear so they can evade the conversation. Their data protection is non existent- one day they talked to me at length about my private medical details without even asking my name! I feel completely defeated trying to get any help from them; I'm sat here unable to live a normal life waiting not just for a pre-approval claim but also to another non related claim to be processed (which has now been over 2 months!) I am truly regretful I put my faith in this company!
Great at processing small claims. Always pay within a few days. Very little hassle. As soon as we came with a major claim they started to give us the run around. We showed up at the hospital to get surgery only to find out it had not been approved yet. They claimed our surgeon had not gotten back to them with that proper forms. Confirmed our surgeon never received anything from them asking. Then they said they needed all medical records for 5 years. We had all ready provided them with names of doctors and they didn’t bother getting them themselves. So we had to run around filling out form, gets records on our own dime. Process cost time and money. Meanwhile in a lot of pain. After we got them all the relevant records they started asking for more which they had not asked for before. This time from other countries that we lived in 10-15 years ago. After all records were submitted then they wanted records from prior insurance companies showing any claims. None of which they asked for before. Now 2 months had gone by since we were turned away from admission. Costs were adding up for weekly revisits, repeat scans, etc. if we didn’t have insurance we would have already had the procedure done or gone to another country or the public system or something. The only delay was the pre-approval so we wouldn’t have to pay out of pocket. They said they submitted it to underwriting. I asked if they had been submitting records as they came in and they said yes as the only ones relevant to the matter they had the entire time and if there was a reason to reject it they would have done that at the beginning. Another two weeks. Then they said the underwriter sent it back and they wanted them to put together a timeline. Spoke to a case manager who assured me he would be finishing it by end of day to re-submit it. Called again, told someone would call me back. Called the next day, told someone would call me back and that they were in contact with the hospital. Called that evening , told they needed more paperwork from our surgeon. I asked what and they said They needed the estimate. 3 months and not asked for this? Confirmed with surgeon they had submitted this 3 months prior as well as this week. Called again, asked to speak to a case manager. Put on hold 10 different time. Very vague responses from a phone bank girl who assured me they was the last piece of information they requested. All in, 3 months of wild goose chases for records, never once having received a call back the entire time. Sporadic responses to email from the general claims email address. No individual responsible for issues. Just everything going through some general number and email and being told confirmed lies to string us along. I don’t know what the end game is, we just go away? We pay for cheaper and get reimbursed? Hope we can’t afford a lawyer? 100% do not do business with this company. They still haven’t agreed to pay. We are stuck having to take a mortgage out on our home and then battling with them for reimbursement after the fact. What happens in an emergency?
I would not recommend anyone ever to buy cover from Regency For Expats. When my brother died,we thought everything would be ok because he had a valid life insurance policy.However they have denied our claim,using every tactic to avoid paying.Our only option now is to take legal action to recover monies owed to his family. With respect for my brother we will continue to fight for fair...My advice to anyone wanting to buy Health and Life Insurance is to search for a more reputable insurer. As for Regency for Expats,be sure we will endeavour to successfully bring justice for my brother,his wife and 12 year old son to give them the future they deserve. Finally words cannot convey how truly despicable this company is. Regency for Expats shame on you...
Avoid at all costs. They are a scam. They don’t answer mails. They frustrate you. They always claim it’s a pre existing condition.
Extremely poor service. I have made a claim filled all the forms and sent my supporting documents and I’ve not heard from the company. I’ve written many emails with reminders and no reply from them. They make an effort to frustrate you and they are very good at that. So we if you want to make another claim you get frustrated. They are very good in frustrating you.
they are asking evidences of preexisting health condition only when they have to assess your claim. at the time of the contract it looks they can provide everithing without issues and no need of providing your clinical records before the start of the contract. it looks a trap. I'm still under discussions with them for claims on medical visits and analysis following covid-19 with a premium level of insurance... orrible!!! .
Regency for Expats is rated 4.18 based on 337 reviews