Regency for Expats Reviews

Read Regency for Expats Reviews

+44 20 3129 1544

info@regencyforexpats.com

Tell us how Regency for Expats made you happy
Regency are not here for you. They have a very strong sales team, but their medical response team are confused and their experts negiligent. I was recommended painkiller and steroidal treatment for an emergency operation on my spine. Firstly, as if I wasn't already on that (no Regency medical team calls to find out until you start complaining) and secondly when neurosurgens say that you need urgent surgery immediately and Regency shrugs it off as 'oral analgesia or steroids' as being the alternatives... you realise you have zero chance of any success because Regency are built to grab your money and provide pretty average, if not negligent advice.
its a long story but this company is not helping but looking for reasons not to allow you to go in the hospital so that they can safe money. We were waiting for 6 hours in the emergency room, waiting for approval. My wife was crying because of the pain and I decided to pay instead. Regency was clearly happy to hear that I prepaid the hospital stay and surgery. Nevertheless, they found another reason not to guarantee the coming claim with the reason that the required room level was full, so I needed to upgrade the room. I suggested to pay the difference and they disallowed it and aks me to go to a different hospital. The hospital were my wife was hospitalised is one of the best hospitals in Indonesia and she was in pain. Profesor and doctors contacted regency directly by phone to explain the urgent matter but without any result. So I allowed the surgery and had to pay 8000 Euro. The final bill difference of the upgraded room and the room level of Regency was 175 Euro. But you can guess what regency decided to do. During all correspondence by phone and emails, Regency didnt ask about my wife's conditions, like how she is doing of how was the surgery. Its unbelievable how they treat humans and they have no empathie at all. I happened to be a successful entrepreneur but you can imagine when a average family has to experience this and at the end not able to claim the 8000 Euro. So please let the world know not to take Regency as your insurance company, so please spread the word, otherwise we will have more victims.
Regency is a crappy company for what is my experience. For people asking about visa for Thailand, please be aware that Regency will send you a letter saying that you will be covered for Covid for 100,000 USD and more but be careful, if you have: high cholesterol, a BMI above normal, hemorrhoid, Achille tendinitis, joint pain, they mat not pay, claiming that all of those are connected to preexisting conditions that can worsen the COVID effect and so, following clause 67, they will pay nothing. In addition, I, for example asked proof of any of the correlated effects of those medical supposedly preexisting conditions as same as a doctor diagnoses supporting them, I got back links to internet and an answer from unknown people with no medical title exposed and or medical license to support their opinions. The links referred to studies on going and not definitive, claiming there is still not enough data etc, so basically a YouTuber could do that. In addition, they always delay answers for months, they called me when I was in ICU under oxygen helmet and almost incapable of breathing, instead of talking to the doctors and so on. In my experience they are very unprofessional at any level. They will cover your Covid expenses if you only get infected and hospitalized, as per Thailand rules, and if your situation will not become serious, requiring ICU, if it will require ICU, they will claim that is due to preexisting or underlying issues, any of before mentioned or others such as: diabetes, obesity, high pressure or others and so it will be on your personal credit card. It is not worth the discount at all. Go for some more qualified company if you want to be really covered for Covid. Ask to your preferred Thai hospital their recommended list of insurance companies, in my one unfortunately, I discovered too late, Regency is not their preferred ones list. Good luck.
This company severely violates any duty of disclosure and thus does not make a 'fair presentation': - there is no address apparent of the myriad locations listed on the website. - the company is not registered anywhere except in Nevis in the Caribbean Sea (!!!) - the company does not specify who the insurer is. - any mandatory IPIDs are not available on the website.
This company can not get any lower. Truly vile people running this company. Their response to the (genuine) negative reviews is to pose as an ‘actual customer’ and state that these reviews must be from competitors! Words fail me. Regency - Why don’t you say that to my wife who is going to have to fly round the world whilst halfway through 6 rounds of chemotherapy when she is at her weakest, quarantine for 15 days in order to be able to continue the treatment in her home country where she will be covered by some national insurance because you won’t honor a genuine claim for cancer.
Exactly along the lines written in earlier reviews. I was just denied my claim for a hip replacement operation of Euro 12500 now to be paid out of my pocket. Given the three months between the first contact and the final denial to pay I get the impression that even statements from Doctors are not considered ok!. I am going to seek legal advice in order to settle the claim. Meanwhile I look for a good reliabale alternative insurance for expats like me.
Impossible to submit a claim they make it a mine field walk. You will pay and then get denied reimbursement based on technicalities and itrealistic demands of supporting documentation. Find a company easier to do business with. This one cost me 10k plus the medicinal expense they refused to pay
Make sure you read their small print before signing up on ‘pre-existing conditions’. If you are being sold by Now Compare or are being sucked in by their fancy marketing videos - the below is what you really must pay attention to before you sign up: 1. Any claim relating directly or indirectly to any medical condition or related condition that existed prior to the date of entry. Conditions for which you have received treatment, had symptoms of, had knowledge existed or should have known existed, or you sought advice for or existed without your knowledge prior to your date of entry (preexisting medical condition) will not be covered. ‘Or existed without your prior knowledge’. This is what they will use time and again to deny your claim. In our case they have denied my wife’s cancer claim for this reason. No matter that the type of cancer she has is a very aggressive one that grows quickly and we have sent them countless diagnostic reports saying as much - they have denied it for being a pre-existing condition based on the wording in the clause above. This will be the 3rd negative review in a day on this site for Regency so watch now for the bombardment or fake 5 star reviews. Regency for Expats have literally ruined our lives - they are a truly despicable company and you must avoid them when selecting your health insurance company.
Every Insurance is good, if you never use it! They haven't payed for imaging results and lab tests so I had to cover a great amount by myself. I regret that I have book them. Never pay a year in advance! Never again!
i have been waiting on my claim for 72 days. Regency has tried all possible ways to deny the claim and i have managed to provide all information they asked for. Now they are just sitting on the info and only saying that they are reviewing it for several weeks.
Regency for Expats messed me around with empty promises of expediting claims and continuously requested documents that had already been provided by both myself and the hospital. All the while my mother was fighting for her life in hospital. They said that they would process the claim asap and arrange payment with the hospital if it was approved, this never happened and mother died. Until now the claim is still pending (8 weeks later) and they have referred to her as "he" in emails and sent generic emails with mistakes to me non stop. Their service is terrible and I would never recommend it to anyone.
This has been the worst experience. I dealt with five or six different people in the claims department over three weeks. Avoid Regency.
It’s essential you avoid this company at all costs. It is completely fraudulent. If this review can help prevent just one person from signing up with this disgrace of a company then this will be worthwhile writing. After months of back and forth - Regency has today said that a ‘specialist oncologist’ has decided that due to the size of my wife’s cancerous breast tumor that it was a ‘pre-existing’ condition. Yes - they are literally claiming that cancer is a pre-existing condition. This despite sending them my wife’s entire medical history and the discharge report clearly stating that the type of cancer she has is an aggressive one that spreads quickly. All they do throughout the process is look to find a way to not pay as they are not a real insurance company and have no reinsurance company behind them. Please do your research before you sign up. They are not a legitimate company at all - there is no reinsurance company behind them, they have no registered address, all correspondence goes through one central email address, no employee leaves their full name. Why this matters is no matter where you are in the world - you have no legal protection when you need to claim. There is no local authority to report them to as they are not registered anywhere. So - me, my wife and son are now in a foreign country, halfway through 6 stages of chemotherapy and in order to be able to afford to continue the treatment, Regency need to have settled this legitimate claim. We have had to pay for everything directly so far due to them refusing to pay the hospital directly. As they are refusing to settle for the treatment covered so far - the consequences are that my wife’s life is now in danger as we don’t have the funds immediately available to continue paying for the treatment ourselves. This can happen to you too if you choose to get yore insurance with Regency For Expats. Please, please do your homework - look at the 1 star reviews only on here as 100% the 5 star reviews would only be from their own staff or customers that have never had to make a significant claim.
Points that speak for fraud: - No licence anywhere in the world, therefore not regulated by any governmental control body. Regency does not meet the compliance requirements in any country in the world and is not regulated. Have fun when it comes to a claim.... - Regency for Expats is not an insurer and has no reinsurer, as it is not registered anywhere, nobody is interested in this (see above). - No postal address can be found (there are several offices listed on the website, but all with the same email and no office address). - If you take a closer look at the reviews on Trustpilot, it becomes clear that there are only very good and very bad reviews. No average ratings. It is therefore obvious that the good reviews that praise Regency for Expats to the skies are all fake. - Premiums too low compared to competitors. If you look at the services in a more differentiated way, it is clear why. Everything is limited and even doubled with an exclusion that you don't have to pay anything on Regency's part (examples: Limit for cancer USD 20 vs. unlimited (industry standard), chronic conditions max. USD 10k, GP consultation USD 750 per year (!!!), 30% of the costs for an anaesthetist etc.). If you really need help in an emergency, you cannot count on this company.
Very bad company. Had a life insurance policy and after a death, they refuse to pay. Do your research. They never reply.
Proper scam. I ask for a chiropractor treatment ahead of starting any treatment. These guys approved it and gave me the green light to proceed. Once I claimed for the cost of the treatement they refused and asked for imagery at my cost to prove that the condition had been properly treated. These is a scam these guys pay nothing, pure waste of money.
Biggest waste of time. Turned down 2 Claims for normal mri scan and takes forever to get claim processed. Would not recommend this insurance for anyone. Really the worst I have ever worked with
They don’t pay grains and they don’t response to enquiries from client. In fact they seem only to show any interest when it’s time to renews...
Terrible and fraudulent. They ask for what your needs are, you tell them they sell you opposite, knowing you will not be able to claim. They withhold information, try to get your card details, then come out with these stupid policies for which they were vague about in beginning
If I could give a 0 rating then I would have! Regency Rejected my 14yr old daughter's medical claim due to it being "pre-existing", even though us as a family only found out about her very serious condition the day of her examination. Now a month later and I am still struggling to get more information out of them as to the way forward. STAY AWAY! They are not in it to help you at all!
Regency for Expats is rated 4.19 based on 439 reviews