Regency for Expats Reviews

Read Regency for Expats Reviews

+44 20 3129 1544

info@regencyforexpats.com

Tell us how Regency for Expats made you happy
Would you like to add photos or videos?
I did sign up for the inpatient hospital plan. After 3 month I had a blood clot and needed to go to the hospital. First of all it was hard to reach anyone then when I asked them to go to my hospital of choice they said "yes no problem you can go there" once I have been there and had my operation I tried to reach them again and it was not easy to get any one feeling responsible for me or answer out of anyone at regency. The only answer I got was we need more time to evaluate. I was already discharged after 5 days hospitalized when I got the message that they would not take over my cost due to my contract only allowing a double bed room not a single but the hospital of my joice which they agreed on had no double rooms only single bed rooms. So I can NOT recommend this insurance and I'm very disappointed in them as well as they bankrupt me due to I had to pay the whole bill by myself!
Do not choose this health insurance!
Thanks for posting Sven Christer Kallstrom, i have had the very same experience with them. When i signed up they told me that they were fully regulated however there is no reference to who the regulator is. They are registered in Nevis, a place that i have never heard of, when i e mailed their regulator i got no response. I think i am going to have to take out real cover with another provider. What was even more disappointing is that i was recommended these guys via a broker at www.nowcompare.com, Denis Wise. I assumed that his reference we mean that they are genuine, what a mistake that was. He said that he would be able to help me with claims however it looks like he works with them to scam people into taking out this insurance. The entire process has been extremely distressing. I have been scammed and there is nothing that i can do about it.
Stay away from Regency, they are dishonest. I made a claim and they started requesting previous medicals. This are scam how they operate and I have now to discontinue the insurance and get my money back.
Stay away, they are dishonest. I made a claim and they started requesting previous medicals. If you want to cover someone based on their previous medical then they should ask this when you offer cover.

I then provided this medical alongside all other documentation and they told me that the previous medical was not extensive enough.

This tactic seems to be a standard way for them to avoid paying out. Terrible company, terrible service and terrible people.

Avoid at all costs
After being diagnosed with Aortic stenosis in June 2019 in Bangkok hospital pattaya I went to Bunrungard hospital in Bangkok where they confirmed I needed a Valve replacement, the hospital contacted Regency regarding the operation and was told to tell me have it down and claim after, what a mistake that was, nine months later and the emails are still going back and forth.
They advertise that they are fully regulated, yes but by the FSRC in Nevis, Caribbean you cannot talk to them they don’t answer emails.

They claim it’s a precondition but I have a full medical report done in 2017 that has no mention of such problems.

Stay away from them
Warning, do not sign up with them, they make handing in international claims (in our case claims from Germany) impossible to handle. Translation of all documentation to English was requested, all of the sudden full medical history had to be submitted after having done so upon signing up. DO NOT SIGN UP WITH REGENCY if you care about your money.
We feel like every effort is taken from the insurance not to settle our claim. They asked for so much paperwork and after submitting the requested continued to ask for translation into Englisch as the treatment took place in Germany. We are talking about 809 Euros doctors bills vs the 10.000 we paid on fees last year.
We will not continue with this insurance and will warn every Expat about this. Shame on you Regency insurance for being so greedy
Almost none of my claims were reimbursed, costing me thousands of dollars out of pocket. I was rushed to the doctor with emergency symptoms on a number of occasions in the past year, but none of my visits were reimbursed, despite the mysterious onset of my symptoms. I feel cheated.
Have been paying $1,000s of dollars each year, but found out that my insurance was not in place for nearly a year and no one told me! Imagine if you have a serious accident, expect cover, then told you do not have any and must pay $400,000 just because some idiot somewhere did not tell you, not even an automatically generated email. Broker has just been sacked lol. The telephone girl was very nice and professional and is looking in to it. I will also check back to see of this review has been posted.
I am an expat and I have Health Insurance for expats with Regency for Expat. You are quick to take my money, but when I need medical attention or surgery (in my case) it becomes unbearable. It started last year (2019 in October) when I was diagnosed. I contacted Regency to get authorization for the surgery and they said that they will need my medical history. I sent them through all my medical history. They then contacted the doctor that referred me to the specialist to get his notes and this is when the back and forth started. Finally they said that they need a quote of how much the surgery will cost. I got the quote from the specialist and sent it to them and I waited for an answer. I contacted them early in 2020 and asked if they have reviewed my case and then it started again. They need more information. I did not have more information as I am not a very sickly person and never in my whole life had I had surgery, this will be the first time. I do not go to the doctor often so there are caps in my medical history that span years at a time. I then took it on myself to send them my medical history of the past 10 years. They wanted to know if I was diagnosed with a same case as this one and honestly, this was the first time I had any of these symptoms.

After all of this they come back to me again and said they cannot read the referring doctors notes because of his hand writing (I mean really) what other excuses are they going to come up with. I asked the doctor to please decipher his hand writing for them and now I am waiting again. I will have to postponed the surgery again as Regency has not made a decision on my case yet.
Had major hart failure 5 days before they got of their lazy bits to send 1 email. Been waiting in hospital for 6 days waiting approval to have another stent put in my hart. Web sit guarantees a 24 hour approval. I’m starting to think they want to stress me out so much that I will die so they won’t have to pay out.
Not only have I been calling them to hospital also has had no luck getting any answers from them
I'm waiting for over 4 months to settle my claim! And if I'm ask them - for several times - to provide me with the status of my claim, they just don't answer. Very, very bad communication!!!!
After the claim they will ask you for your whole medical history without mentioned this before enrollment and will find any excuses to reject the claim. Outpatient is only claim basis. I REGRET to have switched to this company that promissed excelent services that is not the case.
I took out the premium service to cover my self and my family. In the last three months I have attempted to make three claims. They did not cover my son's vaccines, nor the doctors appointment. They referred to the policy that my partner is not covered for pregnancies, nor anything around her being pregnant. Now this last claim was for Physiotherapy, which I apparently have 10 sessions and because I told the doctor that I had some injury 2-3 years ago playing rugby, totally not anything to do with the existing condition, they have claimed I have even with a doctors note to say that was not the case. Absolutely ridiculous. They don't have a Premium policy. It's junk.
I have made three claims with Regency for expats and they have not paid any of them. I left regency and came back to them after I had changed companies I was working for. Thought I would give them a try a agin.

I was checking on some equipment not manual labor just looking turned around and slipped and broke 5 ribs. The claimed that I could not be covered as it was an unsafe area. exactly what they wrote in the email response, then the doctor sen them a letter saying they had to be pinned as they had brok into and would heal maybe in 6-8 months. Thhey cam back again and said sorry on the job accident.

Due t this fall I also hit my head and damaged some blood vessels in my eye and had to have surgery due to the bleeding. They didn't want to cover that either so betweeb both surgeries I am out 17,500 US dollars out of my pocket.

Regency is ok if you have never been sick or plan on walking around anywhere and just stay home.

I have talked to others 5 persons who was treated the same way and one even told me that he was offered 50% after 3 months of arguing with regency.

I would never recommend them to anyone for any reason.
I can not recommend Regency, with me it took two weeks until the negative decision was made, although I could present expertises from Switzerland.
Steer clear, they only collect high bonuses and if you have something, they squirm to death.

NEVER NEVER have this insurance
I had a claim for knee surgery rejected by Regency as I didn’t stay in hospital overnight after surgery and after a full anaesthetic ... I was fortunate enough to have someone to collect me from the hospital and to look after me for that first night, which actually saved Regency money ! What made it worse is that it took over 2 weeks for Regency to arrive at this decision by which time I had already had the surgery. This is my first claim with Regency .... and the last, as I will now move to a reputable insurer .... and they have shown all the signs of an insurer who will wriggle and worm to find a reason not to pay a claim. AVOID !!!!!
Absolutely worst experience. Stay away. Especially women. They do not assist with hormonal, thryroid, adrenal issues. They have you running through massive hoops to prove your condition requires refundable treatment which adds to the stress. Stay away from them. They are complete and utter shonks. Overly expensive, inefficient and rude.
Terrible insurance company opitimising the old addage that insurance companies look for every reason not to pay. I had a legitimate claim, I was alone in a foreign country in pain and in hospital but they would cover me because of an incorrect fact that they were sticking to, if I had reported to the ombudsman or taken legal action it would have been covered but they kept pushing back and wearing me down to the point that I paid to fly myself to Australia to pay for my own care. Beware of these sheisters. Also, they didn't respond to my claim for a week, but responded immediately when I wanted to change how they received my payment. My experience is that they want to take your money $600 per month I paid, but when you have a legitimate claim do everything not to pay you.
Tried to get a quote but cannot access over 70 years of age. They obviously are not interested in insuring older people
Regency for Expats is rated 4.17 based on 223 reviews