Regency for Expats Reviews

Read Regency for Expats Reviews

+44 20 3129 1544

info@regencyforexpats.com

Tell us how Regency for Expats made you happy
Which the review score also had 0 stars so first of all let me say that i had a 5000$ premium policy with these scammers , every claim i made ( 2 in the past year ) has taken forever and on both occasions i had to email and call them multiple times for days and sometimes weeks , Just Imagine you are in a hospital having to go trough all of this . Luckily they both where simple 25$ claims for a doctors visit .

Please take my advice and stay far away from this scam , they certainly do not care about you unless your policy is up for renewal , then strangely enough they will call you 4 times a week but whenever a claim is pending you wont ever hear from them unless it is to give you a hard time explaining how things are not possible . This is not a solution driven insurer but instead they put a lot of effort in pointing out the fine prints in your policy basically telling you to go screw yourself .
Complete scam..... office addresses aren't real, never paid any claims, never return calls. My advice is to go find a proper insurer.....
I had a claim for knee surgery rejected by Regency as I didn’t stay in hospital overnight after surgery and after a full anaesthetic ... I was fortunate enough to have someone to collect me from the hospital and to look after me for that first night, which actually saved Regency money ! What made it worse is that it took over 2 weeks for Regency to arrive at this decision by which time I had already had the surgery. This is my first claim with Regency .... and the last, as I will now move to a reputable insurer .... and they have shown all the signs of an insurer who will wriggle and worm to find a reason not to pay a claim. AVOID !!!!!
Almost none of my claims were reimbursed, costing me thousands of dollars out of pocket. I was rushed to the doctor with emergency symptoms on a number of occasions in the past year, but none of my visits were reimbursed, despite the mysterious onset of my symptoms. I feel cheated.
Have been paying $1,000s of dollars each year, but found out that my insurance was not in place for nearly a year and no one told me! Imagine if you have a serious accident, expect cover, then told you do not have any and must pay $400,000 just because some idiot somewhere did not tell you, not even an automatically generated email. Broker has just been sacked lol. The telephone girl was very nice and professional and is looking in to it. I will also check back to see of this review has been posted.
After the claim they will ask you for your whole medical history without mentioned this before enrollment and will find any excuses to reject the claim. Outpatient is only claim basis. I REGRET to have switched to this company that promissed excelent services that is not the case.
Absolutely worst experience. Stay away. Especially women. They do not assist with hormonal, thryroid, adrenal issues. They have you running through massive hoops to prove your condition requires refundable treatment which adds to the stress. Stay away from them. They are complete and utter shonks. Overly expensive, inefficient and rude.
Please be aware of this company, I have just been sent my renewal of $7,053.00 when last year I paid $3,312.28 this is NOT inline with what they indicate as a 10% increase for this year. I had the same trouble last year until I complained. I would never recomend this medical insurance company to anybody.
just doing my first claim with Regency for routine preventive tests. Awful system, need to fill in a form with bizarre questions and get it filled in by doctor and stamped. The form is in pdf they don`t even offer online claim submissions as other companies do. On top of the forms they also ask for medical reports! I also have a language issue as all of my claims will be in other languages than English and I have to translate the form or get it translated at my own cost. I am waiting that this policy expires and will definitely look for a more user-friendly and less intrusive health insurance company. I am so disappointed and so angry I bought this insurance policy.
I was apparently not covered for emergency trips to the hospital. I would have thought a trip to emergency should have been covered under my policy... Apparently not. I would definitely not recommend this company.

I am absolutely disgusted that they can sell a product that doesn't cover emergency visits for broken bones.
Very fast response to our emergency claim and pre-approval of the hospital. This was all done via email within hours enabling my wife to undergo her surgery the next morning.
Nice insurrance, great price ranging, but very complicated to get a hold of someone. They promis to call back, or write back, they don't do it. I had an emergency, I couldn't get a hold of my contact Person for at least two months.
I paid all the bills myself, cause the doctors in Germany won't fill out the paper work. I won't go to to this insurrance any more. A big minus too, only payments from Credit card in Switzerland work, so you pay more then you would actualy need to.
I am not a used at all.
In my experience Regency for Expats are not interested in the patients well being at all. They purely manage their claims in a manner that ensures they do not pay the full amount. In a late evening emergency situation they have been informed by the hospital of the need for surgery and because the hospital was full the patient went into a room status that was not entitled. Regency for Expats denied all claims due to definition of room and didn't inform us of this until ready to depart hospital. Eventually paid 80% only of all expenses rather than 100% and this was after the hospital had offered to cut the room cost in half. Cost of the room was not an issue to Regency for Expats only the ability to deny the claim and consequently to reduce all costs by 20%. The Hospital concerned was not surprised with their behavior and have had no recent experience where the client is happy. I find their behavior in Thailand to be despicable.
I had an accident with a bike in Indonesia and ended up unconscious in a local hospital. They stitched me up and gave me a bed. Basically I couldn't see out one eye, a concussion, multiple fractures in my face and doctors found liquid close to my brain which could have been there before but we don't know that. Once I could function a little bit I called regency to ask for help, mainly because there was no communication in this hospital and I had no idea about my condition. The only thing they told me was to fill in the claim form, send everything through and only then they could help me.

Imagine me with one eye in a Hospital without a printer, no communication possible with doctors, lot's of phone calls and emails with only one result. "Fill in a claim form"
Regency never returned my calls, regency never talked with this hospital, the Indonesian help desk doesn't speak or read Indonesian so THEY ASKED ME to translate my medical reports.

So after 48 hours I left the hospital by myself, after 72 hours of terrible communication I managed to send the claim form which then was rejected because of a missing police report. Mind you that I am in Indonesia where police is hard to find, especially when you need them.

In these 72 hours they only called me once, the last day at 3am.... Some Thai guy from regency help desk telling me that they need a filled in Claim report or else they couldn't do anything.

Big thanks to Regency, worse service I ever encountered.
they send me many emails insisting me to take the in patient and out patient for my baby. I apply for this insurance before my baby was born....sending me lots of emails saying that vaccin will be covered on my policy that's why I should opt fot the in patient and out patient policy and 2 days ago I send them my claim today I get a transfer on my account they didn't even send me and email to give me the break down just transfer a little amount not even half of what they should do and I have to call them to get an explanation the staff there couldn't even give me an appropriate one and just tell me that vaccin is not included when I have an email from them saying clearly that all vaccin will be included. this company is a joke don't waste your time and money in this company they only look for their own benefit..... they are actually advising lot's of thing on youtube ect... unfortunately I am so upset and disappointed with them that I will send all this documents to the news in Thailand as my brother is the director of a big news paper in Thailand for expat I will make sure that everyone know how they are bad scammer. I would definitely not renew my premium. unfortunately their are ony 2 good staff there that I will not put their names those 2 girls are just perfect and I think the company should consider having more people like them as apart from them nothing is good in this company..
Requested an office address which was ignored and still not sure if my insurance is valid. Have other friends who have asked me about expat insurance and not recommended. Scam?
''Dear...,

Pre-existing conditions aren’t unique to your plan or Regency’s policies – it’s a feature of all insurance. You cannot, for example, purchase home insurance to cover damage from a flood that happened before the policy began. Health insurance is the same, and no insurance covers everything, which is why there is a policy handbook which is available to all via our website, our brokers have and provide during the sales process, and you received as a member upon entry and renewal.

If this was a new condition then it could be covered, but it’s not – it’s related to something that had already happened before your policy - I’m very sorry, and I have a pre-existing condition too so I do sympathize, but this claim is not covered.

Kind Regards,

Claims Handling''

The kind of support I have received. Continuing to deny I am eligible for a claim for more than 2 months in discussions and after sending many emails with information.

What a terrible experience. Not happy knowing this now.
Stay away from Regency, they are dishonest. I made a claim and they started requesting previous medicals. This are scam how they operate and I have now to discontinue the insurance and get my money back.
Warning, do not sign up with them, they make handing in international claims (in our case claims from Germany) impossible to handle. Translation of all documentation to English was requested, all of the sudden full medical history had to be submitted after having done so upon signing up. DO NOT SIGN UP WITH REGENCY if you care about your money.
We feel like every effort is taken from the insurance not to settle our claim. They asked for so much paperwork and after submitting the requested continued to ask for translation into Englisch as the treatment took place in Germany. We are talking about 809 Euros doctors bills vs the 10.000 we paid on fees last year.
We will not continue with this insurance and will warn every Expat about this. Shame on you Regency insurance for being so greedy
Regency for Expats is rated 4.19 based on 283 reviews