Regency for Expats Reviews

82% of reviewers recommend Regency for Expats

Tell us how Regency for Expats made you happy

"Complete scam..... office addresses aren't real, never paid any claims, never return calls. My advice is to go find a proper insurer....."
"Professional, compassionate company who have taken good care of my family's medical situation"
"Everything is done quickly, documents sent out immediately, claims paid within a couple of days, questions answered without delay. My experience has been very good"
"I had several problems with Regency, the most serious of which was an extreme delay (like 3 months) in getting approval for a needed surgery. While they apologized, it was a very dangerous situation, in which the surgery needed could have become emergencial at any moment. Also, while living in Brazil and utilizing Brazilian doctors and hospitals there was no one at Regency who spoke Portuguese so communication with local authorities was next to impossible. Also, Regency provided a price for my family and me for the first year. Then we received a billing for nearly double the amount beginning with the 13th months and when questioned, was simply told "that first year price is just a promotional price", though that was never said during the recruitment or signing on process. In addition, Regency is not authorized by the Brazilian national health insurance agency, which means if something goes wrong (as it did in my case) there is no recourse - either in Brazil, nor anywhere else that I could find. They were very charming and very good during the recruiting and signing-on process, and completely incapable of following through with what they promised. Each step was a major complication and hassle and we let the plan go after the first year."
"The service I had from Recency was first class. I submitted the claim by e mail in the evening Vietnam time. I woke up to find an e mail to say it was approved & return mail confirming payment bank details. Next morning the full payment was in my account. Could not have had easier or better service than that!"
"Went to the doctor and filed a claim in the morning. Regency claims department replied within 30 minutes asking me to confirm if they had all the correct details. My claim was sorted out quickly and efficiently and I am pleased to keep them as my medical insurance."
"I had an accident with a bike in Indonesia and ended up unconscious in a local hospital. They stitched me up and gave me a bed. Basically I couldn't see out one eye, a concussion, multiple fractures in my face and doctors found liquid close to my brain which could have been there before but we don't know that. Once I could function a little bit I called regency to ask for help, mainly because there was no communication in this hospital and I had no idea about my condition. The only thing they told me was to fill in the claim form, send everything through and only then they could help me. Imagine me with one eye in a Hospital without a printer, no communication possible with doctors, lot's of phone calls and emails with only one result. "Fill in a claim form" Regency never returned my calls, regency never talked with this hospital, the Indonesian help desk doesn't speak or read Indonesian so THEY ASKED ME to translate my medical reports. So after 48 hours I left the hospital by myself, after 72 hours of terrible communication I managed to send the claim form which then was rejected because of a missing police report. Mind you that I am in Indonesia where police is hard to find, especially when you need them. In these 72 hours they only called me once, the last day at 3am.... Some Thai guy from regency help desk telling me that they need a filled in Claim report or else they couldn't do anything. Big thanks to Regency, worse service I ever encountered."
"they send me many emails insisting me to take the in patient and out patient for my baby. I apply for this insurance before my baby was born....sending me lots of emails saying that vaccin will be covered on my policy that's why I should opt fot the in patient and out patient policy and 2 days ago I send them my claim today I get a transfer on my account they didn't even send me and email to give me the break down just transfer a little amount not even half of what they should do and I have to call them to get an explanation the staff there couldn't even give me an appropriate one and just tell me that vaccin is not included when I have an email from them saying clearly that all vaccin will be included. this company is a joke don't waste your time and money in this company they only look for their own benefit..... they are actually advising lot's of thing on youtube ect... unfortunately I am so upset and disappointed with them that I will send all this documents to the news in Thailand as my brother is the director of a big news paper in Thailand for expat I will make sure that everyone know how they are bad scammer. I would definitely not renew my premium. unfortunately their are ony 2 good staff there that I will not put their names those 2 girls are just perfect and I think the company should consider having more people like them as apart from them nothing is good in this company.."
"I really recommend this company, right from the get go they have been on the ball. Sent out all my documents straight away, answer my questions quickly, pay all my claims with any debate"
"Been with Regency for a few years and have made several claims now and they answer quickly, are helpful and always pay them immediately. Am happy with the health insurance plan and am very happy with the service Thank you"
"Requested an office address which was ignored and still not sure if my insurance is valid. Have other friends who have asked me about expat insurance and not recommended. Scam?"
"I made my first claim this month.I emailed the claim and within less than half-an-hour I received a reply saying the claim had been approved and would be paid. That is what I call 5* Service,sadly very rare these days. Thank you Regency-Justin."
"Very fast response to our emergency claim and pre-approval of the hospital. This was all done via email within hours enabling my wife to undergo her surgery the next morning."
"Nice insurrance, great price ranging, but very complicated to get a hold of someone. They promis to call back, or write back, they don't do it. I had an emergency, I couldn't get a hold of my contact Person for at least two months. I paid all the bills myself, cause the doctors in Germany won't fill out the paper work. I won't go to to this insurrance any more. A big minus too, only payments from Credit card in Switzerland work, so you pay more then you would actualy need to. I am not a used at all."
"I am an expat, I am used to move and have different health insurances and this is the worst, with difference. My mistake because I paid the whole year in advance and now, with proofs of their awful service, the deny to refund me. Worst decision I made in terms of health. They are just good sellers and good liars."
"In my experience Regency for Expats are not interested in the patients well being at all. They purely manage their claims in a manner that ensures they do not pay the full amount. In a late evening emergency situation they have been informed by the hospital of the need for surgery and because the hospital was full the patient went into a room status that was not entitled. Regency for Expats denied all claims due to definition of room and didn't inform us of this until ready to depart hospital. Eventually paid 80% only of all expenses rather than 100% and this was after the hospital had offered to cut the room cost in half. Cost of the room was not an issue to Regency for Expats only the ability to deny the claim and consequently to reduce all costs by 20%. The Hospital concerned was not surprised with their behavior and have had no recent experience where the client is happy. I find their behavior in Thailand to be despicable."
"Which the review score also had 0 stars so first of all let me say that i had a 5000$ premium policy with these scammers , every claim i made ( 2 in the past year ) has taken forever and on both occasions i had to email and call them multiple times for days and sometimes weeks , Just Imagine you are in a hospital having to go trough all of this . Luckily they both where simple 25$ claims for a doctors visit . Please take my advice and stay far away from this scam , they certainly do not care about you unless your policy is up for renewal , then strangely enough they will call you 4 times a week but whenever a claim is pending you wont ever hear from them unless it is to give you a hard time explaining how things are not possible . This is not a solution driven insurer but instead they put a lot of effort in pointing out the fine prints in your policy basically telling you to go screw yourself ."
"Everything is quick and easy with regency expat insurance. The people I talk to there are always contactable and are professional and helpful. Claims are paid in full with no deductibles or excesses"
"Cancelled but no refund. Why? No response. Thieves !"
"I got my refund quick... for a first timer that is very encouraging"
Regency for Expats is rated 4.28 based on 122 reviews