Regency for Expats Reviews

Read Regency for Expats Reviews

+44 20 3129 1544

info@regencyforexpats.com

Tell us how Regency for Expats made you happy
Which the review score also had 0 stars so first of all let me say that i had a 5000$ premium policy with these scammers , every claim i made ( 2 in the past year ) has taken forever and on both occasions i had to email and call them multiple times for days and sometimes weeks , Just Imagine you are in a hospital having to go trough all of this . Luckily they both where simple 25$ claims for a doctors visit . Please take my advice and stay far away from this scam , they certainly do not care about you unless your policy is up for renewal , then strangely enough they will call you 4 times a week but whenever a claim is pending you wont ever hear from them unless it is to give you a hard time explaining how things are not possible . This is not a solution driven insurer but instead they put a lot of effort in pointing out the fine prints in your policy basically telling you to go screw yourself .
I am an expat and I have Health Insurance for expats with Regency for Expat. You are quick to take my money, but when I need medical attention or surgery (in my case) it becomes unbearable. It started last year (2019 in October) when I was diagnosed. I contacted Regency to get authorization for the surgery and they said that they will need my medical history. I sent them through all my medical history. They then contacted the doctor that referred me to the specialist to get his notes and this is when the back and forth started. Finally they said that they need a quote of how much the surgery will cost. I got the quote from the specialist and sent it to them and I waited for an answer. I contacted them early in 2020 and asked if they have reviewed my case and then it started again. They need more information. I did not have more information as I am not a very sickly person and never in my whole life had I had surgery, this will be the first time. I do not go to the doctor often so there are caps in my medical history that span years at a time. I then took it on myself to send them my medical history of the past 10 years. They wanted to know if I was diagnosed with a same case as this one and honestly, this was the first time I had any of these symptoms. After all of this they come back to me again and said they cannot read the referring doctors notes because of his hand writing (I mean really) what other excuses are they going to come up with. I asked the doctor to please decipher his hand writing for them and now I am waiting again. I will have to postponed the surgery again as Regency has not made a decision on my case yet.
After the claim they will ask you for your whole medical history without mentioned this before enrollment and will find any excuses to reject the claim. Outpatient is only claim basis. I REGRET to have switched to this company that promissed excelent services that is not the case.
I had a claim for knee surgery rejected by Regency as I didn’t stay in hospital overnight after surgery and after a full anaesthetic ... I was fortunate enough to have someone to collect me from the hospital and to look after me for that first night, which actually saved Regency money ! What made it worse is that it took over 2 weeks for Regency to arrive at this decision by which time I had already had the surgery. This is my first claim with Regency .... and the last, as I will now move to a reputable insurer .... and they have shown all the signs of an insurer who will wriggle and worm to find a reason not to pay a claim. AVOID !!!!!
Complete scam..... office addresses aren't real, never paid any claims, never return calls. My advice is to go find a proper insurer.....
Warning, do not sign up with them, they make handing in international claims (in our case claims from Germany) impossible to handle. Translation of all documentation to English was requested, all of the sudden full medical history had to be submitted after having done so upon signing up. DO NOT SIGN UP WITH REGENCY if you care about your money.
We feel like every effort is taken from the insurance not to settle our claim. They asked for so much paperwork and after submitting the requested continued to ask for translation into Englisch as the treatment took place in Germany. We are talking about 809 Euros doctors bills vs the 10.000 we paid on fees last year. We will not continue with this insurance and will warn every Expat about this. Shame on you Regency insurance for being so greedy
Almost none of my claims were reimbursed, costing me thousands of dollars out of pocket. I was rushed to the doctor with emergency symptoms on a number of occasions in the past year, but none of my visits were reimbursed, despite the mysterious onset of my symptoms. I feel cheated.
Have been paying $1,000s of dollars each year, but found out that my insurance was not in place for nearly a year and no one told me! Imagine if you have a serious accident, expect cover, then told you do not have any and must pay $400,000 just because some idiot somewhere did not tell you, not even an automatically generated email. Broker has just been sacked lol. The telephone girl was very nice and professional and is looking in to it. I will also check back to see of this review has been posted.
Had major hart failure 5 days before they got of their lazy bits to send 1 email. Been waiting in hospital for 6 days waiting approval to have another stent put in my hart. Web sit guarantees a 24 hour approval. I’m starting to think they want to stress me out so much that I will die so they won’t have to pay out. Not only have I been calling them to hospital also has had no luck getting any answers from them
I'm waiting for over 4 months to settle my claim! And if I'm ask them - for several times - to provide me with the status of my claim, they just don't answer. Very, very bad communication!!!!
Absolutely worst experience. Stay away. Especially women. They do not assist with hormonal, thryroid, adrenal issues. They have you running through massive hoops to prove your condition requires refundable treatment which adds to the stress. Stay away from them. They are complete and utter shonks. Overly expensive, inefficient and rude.
I was apparently not covered for emergency trips to the hospital. I would have thought a trip to emergency should have been covered under my policy... Apparently not. I would definitely not recommend this company. I am absolutely disgusted that they can sell a product that doesn't cover emergency visits for broken bones.
After three weeks and repeat demands for the same information we are still waiting for a reply for my wife’s surgery. The people there have no names to talk to and no telephone numbers to call. Their replies are so standard blow off I once asked if I was talking from a computer or a human. Their reply was that they were human but replies are computer generated. I am not making this up I have the written correspondence to back my words. I also have contacted several others using their expat insurance and two hospitals. The hospitals say they are the worst of all the insurance companies to deal with and even asked one person for details going back over 20 years ago. I feel I really bought a damp squib. The whole organization seems only interested in blocking. I have also personal claims for hospital visits which after 3 weeks have not even need recognized by them. For this I also have the email depositions. Same for my wife. To be clear I have the Thai expat insurance bought through NOW COMPARE. And a second policy for my wife. nothing we have asked for as far as my non legal knowledge goes is not in compliance with their policies
Terrible insurance company opitimising the old addage that insurance companies look for every reason not to pay. I had a legitimate claim, I was alone in a foreign country in pain and in hospital but they would cover me because of an incorrect fact that they were sticking to, if I had reported to the ombudsman or taken legal action it would have been covered but they kept pushing back and wearing me down to the point that I paid to fly myself to Australia to pay for my own care. Beware of these sheisters. Also, they didn't respond to my claim for a week, but responded immediately when I wanted to change how they received my payment. My experience is that they want to take your money $600 per month I paid, but when you have a legitimate claim do everything not to pay you.
Please be aware of this company, I have just been sent my renewal of $7,053.00 when last year I paid $3,312.28 this is NOT inline with what they indicate as a 10% increase for this year. I had the same trouble last year until I complained. I would never recomend this medical insurance company to anybody.
just doing my first claim with Regency for routine preventive tests. Awful system, need to fill in a form with bizarre questions and get it filled in by doctor and stamped. The form is in pdf they don`t even offer online claim submissions as other companies do. On top of the forms they also ask for medical reports! I also have a language issue as all of my claims will be in other languages than English and I have to translate the form or get it translated at my own cost. I am waiting that this policy expires and will definitely look for a more user-friendly and less intrusive health insurance company. I am so disappointed and so angry I bought this insurance policy.
Very fast response to our emergency claim and pre-approval of the hospital. This was all done via email within hours enabling my wife to undergo her surgery the next morning.
Nice insurrance, great price ranging, but very complicated to get a hold of someone. They promis to call back, or write back, they don't do it. I had an emergency, I couldn't get a hold of my contact Person for at least two months. I paid all the bills myself, cause the doctors in Germany won't fill out the paper work. I won't go to to this insurrance any more. A big minus too, only payments from Credit card in Switzerland work, so you pay more then you would actualy need to. I am not a used at all.
In my experience Regency for Expats are not interested in the patients well being at all. They purely manage their claims in a manner that ensures they do not pay the full amount. In a late evening emergency situation they have been informed by the hospital of the need for surgery and because the hospital was full the patient went into a room status that was not entitled. Regency for Expats denied all claims due to definition of room and didn't inform us of this until ready to depart hospital. Eventually paid 80% only of all expenses rather than 100% and this was after the hospital had offered to cut the room cost in half. Cost of the room was not an issue to Regency for Expats only the ability to deny the claim and consequently to reduce all costs by 20%. The Hospital concerned was not surprised with their behavior and have had no recent experience where the client is happy. I find their behavior in Thailand to be despicable.
Regency for Expats is rated 4.18 based on 339 reviews