Regency for Expats Reviews

83% of reviewers recommend Regency for Expats

How would you rate Regency for Expats ?

"Complete scam..... office addresses aren't real, never paid any claims, never return calls. My advice is to go find a proper insurer....."
"Professional, compassionate company who have taken good care of my family's medical situation"
"Everything is done quickly, documents sent out immediately, claims paid within a couple of days, questions answered without delay. My experience has been very good"
"I had an accident with a bike in Indonesia and ended up unconscious in a local hospital. They stitched me up and gave me a bed. Basically I couldn't see out one eye, a concussion, multiple fractures in my face and doctors found liquid close to my brain which could have been there before but we don't know that. Once I could function a little bit I called regency to ask for help, mainly because there was no communication in this hospital and I had no idea about my condition. The only thing they told me was to fill in the claim form, send everything through and only then they could help me. Imagine me with one eye in a Hospital without a printer, no communication possible with doctors, lot's of phone calls and emails with only one result. "Fill in a claim form" Regency never returned my calls, regency never talked with this hospital, the Indonesian help desk doesn't speak or read Indonesian so THEY ASKED ME to translate my medical reports. So after 48 hours I left the hospital by myself, after 72 hours of terrible communication I managed to send the claim form which then was rejected because of a missing police report. Mind you that I am in Indonesia where police is hard to find, especially when you need them. In these 72 hours they only called me once, the last day at 3am.... Some Thai guy from regency help desk telling me that they need a filled in Claim report or else they couldn't do anything. Big thanks to Regency, worse service I ever encountered."
"they send me many emails insisting me to take the in patient and out patient for my baby. I apply for this insurance before my baby was born....sending me lots of emails saying that vaccin will be covered on my policy that's why I should opt fot the in patient and out patient policy and 2 days ago I send them my claim today I get a transfer on my account they didn't even send me and email to give me the break down just transfer a little amount not even half of what they should do and I have to call them to get an explanation the staff there couldn't even give me an appropriate one and just tell me that vaccin is not included when I have an email from them saying clearly that all vaccin will be included. this company is a joke don't waste your time and money in this company they only look for their own benefit..... they are actually advising lot's of thing on youtube ect... unfortunately I am so upset and disappointed with them that I will send all this documents to the news in Thailand as my brother is the director of a big news paper in Thailand for expat I will make sure that everyone know how they are bad scammer. I would definitely not renew my premium. unfortunately their are ony 2 good staff there that I will not put their names those 2 girls are just perfect and I think the company should consider having more people like them as apart from them nothing is good in this company.."
"I really recommend this company, right from the get go they have been on the ball. Sent out all my documents straight away, answer my questions quickly, pay all my claims with any debate"
"Been with Regency for a few years and have made several claims now and they answer quickly, are helpful and always pay them immediately. Am happy with the health insurance plan and am very happy with the service Thank you"
"Requested an office address which was ignored and still not sure if my insurance is valid. Have other friends who have asked me about expat insurance and not recommended. Scam?"
"Which the review score also had 0 stars so first of all let me say that i had a 5000$ premium policy with these scammers , every claim i made ( 2 in the past year ) has taken forever and on both occasions i had to email and call them multiple times for days and sometimes weeks , Just Imagine you are in a hospital having to go trough all of this . Luckily they both where simple 25$ claims for a doctors visit . Please take my advice and stay far away from this scam , they certainly do not care about you unless your policy is up for renewal , then strangely enough they will call you 4 times a week but whenever a claim is pending you wont ever hear from them unless it is to give you a hard time explaining how things are not possible . This is not a solution driven insurer but instead they put a lot of effort in pointing out the fine prints in your policy basically telling you to go screw yourself ."
"Everything is quick and easy with regency expat insurance. The people I talk to there are always contactable and are professional and helpful. Claims are paid in full with no deductibles or excesses"
"Cancelled but no refund. Why? No response. Thieves !"
"I got my refund quick... for a first timer that is very encouraging"
"Effective and efficient processing of documentation and policy booklet, good customer service, a very good product to date, thank you"
"Quick response and friendly"
"I am an expat, I am used to move and have different health insurances and this is the worst, with difference. My mistake because I paid the whole year in advance and now, with proofs of their awful service, the deny to refund me. Worst decision I made in terms of health. They are just good sellers and good liars."
"In my experience Regency for Expats are not interested in the patients well being at all. They purely manage their claims in a manner that ensures they do not pay the full amount. In a late evening emergency situation they have been informed by the hospital of the need for surgery and because the hospital was full the patient went into a room status that was not entitled. Regency for Expats denied all claims due to definition of room and didn't inform us of this until ready to depart hospital. Eventually paid 80% only of all expenses rather than 100% and this was after the hospital had offered to cut the room cost in half. Cost of the room was not an issue to Regency for Expats only the ability to deny the claim and consequently to reduce all costs by 20%. The Hospital concerned was not surprised with their behavior and have had no recent experience where the client is happy. I find their behavior in Thailand to be despicable."
"Went to the doctor and filed a claim in the morning. Regency claims department replied within 30 minutes asking me to confirm if they had all the correct details. My claim was sorted out quickly and efficiently and I am pleased to keep them as my medical insurance."
"I developed issues with my neck which requires surgery. I instructed the hospital to check with them in advance as to whether they will cover. They want me to provide a year's medical records before they would even entertain my claim. When I said I hadn't been to a doctor in the past year but for the current issue that I was facing that required access to that cover, they then asked me to go further back in time to get medical history from more than a year ago from a different country. They are appear to be happy enough to pay rats and mice stuff but when it comes to something that you want to rely on the policy for, don't hold your breath. Will not be renewing. Worthless cover."
"What has gone wrong is that I can't even HAVE an experience with Regency for Expats because you have no telephone number and I can't call you. I have had to leave an email address and phone number and there is absolutely no indication of when anyone will respond, and I'm looking for an urgent quotation for international group medical insurance. I'm sure you provide very good insurance but I hope you understand that this isn't a very good first impression."
"Always pay claims quickly and always deal with my queries in a professional reliable way."
Regency for Expats is rated 4.32 based on 114 reviews

Get ready for our phone call!