Regency for Expats Reviews

+44 20 3129 1544

info@regencyforexpats.com

Tell us how Regency for Expats made you happy
Terrible insurance company
Blew my artery behind my left knee in Jan this year, it took Regency over a week to answer yes or no to claim, doctor stated I have a blood clot behind knee which could move to my heart, this was all explained. Outcome they just wanted old medical report to see if they could find a reason not to pay operation not concerned about health or seriousness of injury, end result told i had high cholesterol prior so would not cover nice insurance company this one, after talking with 3 mates whom were with regency same situation for all 3, please read reviews prior to joining this outfit
Confidence and support are was matters the most to me and my family. Since we first joined Regency everything has been detailed and with quick responses to queries. Very complete policies and many inclusions for my wife and kids I couldn’t find elsewhere. Thank you.
Thank you for the support during my hospitalization and for reimbursing me so quickly. Very profesional!!
Very good experience. I bought the policy one year ago and it was very easy to set up. I just went through the renewal process and they make everything very fast and smooth. For once, no complications or headaches of filling in the same information again!
I just called the claims line, the person answered sounded like the had just woken up, and they hang up on me.
My dedicated account management jenny has been amazing all the way through. She provided me with full guidance when submitting my first claim and they have very detailed and easy to understand documents to help. Thank you Jenny!
I live a very healthy life style (vegetarian no alcohol or drug use exercise almost every day meditate do yoga sleep well ....:) and I move to costa rica a couple of years ago. When I look for insurance back then I decided to take regency for expats, took the fully comprehensive plan which is the best and includes most things. Expensive but at my age you want something that can cover your ailments of getting older. I started having low back pain and hip pain cause by a change on my gaite as a result of an injury on my feet. The body tryed to adjust and the pain move from my feet then to my knee last to my hip and lower back. I didn't settle with what doctors were saying that it was related with aging and were prescribing pain meds. I am also a firm believer that when body has pain, you need to find the cause and not just numb it because it can cause farther damage. I was not happy with this approach and got an appointment with an specialist, whom listen to my concerns and went ahead and ordered an MRI. I am glad he did because we found the cause of the pain and treat it. (Probably the untreated condition changed the way I was putting pressure on the rest of the leg and cause a borderline dysplasia which cause a tear in the labrum) Because of the MRI they were able to see the cause of the pain and suggest a treatment. For the first time in a while I was able to be pain free and now with the treatment and therapy, I am in good shape. Now, there is the bump. In the diagnosis it said “Borderline dysplasia” and for Regency this diagnosis is not covered and wont cover anything related to it beacuse they classify it as a congenital disease. so I submitted a claim. Although, the persone attending the claim was polite, it took 6 month to resolve the claim and no-one ever talked to me. They wont cover it. Period. And they wont even take a phone call. So for this year on top of the Full price 6.500 u$ For my plan, I spent another 2.500 extra. Very disappointing. My intention writing this is to help others be careful when choosing insurance for those entering certain age :).
What went wrong is that i have just spent the last half hour typing a message to your custermer servises and it was not sent twice please contact me soon thank you.
I experienced many disappointments with insurance companies over the past years and didn’t feel supported at all. I ended up spending a lot of money on claims I didn’t get approved. One of my friends recommended me several times to insure myself with Regency and I’m grateful I ended up doing so. It has been already a year and so far, no complaints. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. I had to claim once this year and the process was smooth and fast. I really felt they were supporting me and I can only thank them.
Living overseas it was very important for my husband and I to choose the Insurance Company which we put our trust into taking into consideration their customer service and their mission statement. We truly believed in Regency For Expats and took out the policy we had to cancel when we knew that my husband had diabetes but they told us they would half the original premium and offer us a policy we were gappy to accept even at the reduced cost. Sadly my husband died in December 2019 and it has been very hard living here in Egypt nothing has been easy not even the burial but I got through it I only have my daughter here so been hard and not received the support I thought I would have from Regency. I have been waiting since December 2019 for my husbands settlement nothing has happened. They have put me through so much stress but I have given them everything they have not contacted me for months they even wrote and said to me that yes they could have treated me better. I want to be able to put closure on this but they keep dragging it on and on. No one has given me any help or the support as a widowed woman alone in Egypt trying to deal with my husbands death. He died peacefully when we were in the hotel from his heart stopping he never experienced any heart problems my Dr even wrote a report to confirm this and I have all the reports to confirm no suspicious circumstances because he died in the hotel I am still getting the run around. You cannot believe what I have had to do. I have made myself clear explaining everything to them. I need someone to help me put closure and let me move on as I too will he the next one heading into an early grave from all this stress. I did everything correct before we entered into this policy contract to ensure there would be no situations but this is all I have experienced problems since the death of my husband I am exhausted,sad and heart broken and really cannot believe how I have am and have been treated with such a large company who say their customers come first. Once I received a call but it was like talking double dutch kept calling me maam which I did not like so its just very frustrating and mentally draining. 😪😓
My friends husband died in Egypt 2019 And still waiting settlement on life cover.There as been numerous times she ass tried to contact with emails but they are not answering.
I have been with Regency with almost 10 years, and my experience with them has been excellent. They have always provided reimbursements anywhere in the world I received treatment, and mostly in Switzerland where the health bills are very large. They reimbursed my son's hospital stay in Switzerland without any hassle. Previously I have paid for much more expensive insurances that have refused the most standard bills. I highly recommend this Regency to all my colleagues, especially expats.
My family and I have been insured with Regency for the past 3 years and unfortunately, we need to end our contract for work related reasons. We want to thank Regency for the huge support and highly recommend them if you’re currently looking for insurance; they are very patient and will always go one step further to help. We will definitely come back if needed!
after 5 months we are still waiting for settlement of our claim for my wifes hospital bills resulting from a road traffic accident in october 2021. numerous emails requesting answers regarding the slowness of this claim are met with a stock answer "we have escalated your case to the to the claims team to investigate" absolute rubbish as far as i am concerned
First year with Regency and I will definitely renew at the end of the month. They have been very supportive and never delayed any of my queries when I needed fast responses for medical processes.
I have been with Regency since I moved to China from France. I was rushed to the hospital because I had an accident and my friend called Regency for me to file a claim. Regency was quick to respond and approve my claim and even dealt with the hospital for me so I don't need to worry about anything. I thought I will ever hear frm them but they were kind to call after a couple of of weeks to check on me.
I have been grateful to Regency because they were able to grant my claim in just 3 days. What happened to me was I was diagnosed with diverticulitis and I was in deep pain. All my life, I've been keeping myself health and fit because I am paranoid when it comes to getting sick and all. I workout regularly and eat the right food but I still wasn't able to get away with this diverticulitis. For those who are looking for an insurance that specializes on expats' needs, go for Regency.
It takes a couple of days for Regency to process my documents and was able to approve my claim request soon after they verify some things with me. So far there were no issues and I am happy with their service. I think it's pretty much standard for all insurance companies to take this process seriously. And regency's customer service is top-notch! they are friendly and was able to discuss with me the things I need to know about my benefits
Like any other insurance company, it takes a lot of research in order for you to choose the right one that can potentially save your life. Regency was able to approve my claim in less than 5 days and did the transaction directly with the hospital. The only thing I had to pay was a small nurse fee which was fine. But overall, the transaction was smooth and they were able to run me through the entire process so I get to understand everything.
Regency for Expats is rated 4.12 based on 521 reviews