Regency for Expats Reviews

83% of reviewers recommend Regency for Expats

How would you rate Regency for Expats ?

"In my experience Regency for Expats are not interested in the patients well being at all. They purely manage their claims in a manner that ensures they do not pay the full amount. In a late evening emergency situation they have been informed by the hospital of the need for surgery and because the hospital was full the patient went into a room status that was not entitled. Regency for Expats denied all claims due to definition of room and didn't inform us of this until ready to depart hospital. Eventually paid 80% only of all expenses rather than 100% and this was after the hospital had offered to cut the room cost in half. Cost of the room was not an issue to Regency for Expats only the ability to deny the claim and consequently to reduce all costs by 20%. The Hospital concerned was not surprised with their behavior and have had no recent experience where the client is happy. I find their behavior in Thailand to be despicable."
"Went to the doctor and filed a claim in the morning. Regency claims department replied within 30 minutes asking me to confirm if they had all the correct details. My claim was sorted out quickly and efficiently and I am pleased to keep them as my medical insurance."
Stuart Donnan
Verified Reviewer
"Terrible. Rejected all claims based on them being pre existing even though a doctor said they were different issues with different diagnosis. Lots of paper pushing that i needed to do. Definitely not recommended"
"Superb same day service on claims. Every claim I submit I get a response from the claims team within hours and have had my reimbursement within a couple of days. Friendly, helpful, thank you"
"Excellent all round services. Am now in my third year and always had a great experience. Made a small (ish) claim in my first year and submitted claim to Regency and got a reply same day and a refund of my medical bills within 2 days. Last year had a bit of a bigger (ish) claim and was admitted into the bumrungrad hospital in Bangkok. One call to Regency and they liaised directly with the staff at the hospital and paid all the bills directly."
"I developed issues with my neck which requires surgery. I instructed the hospital to check with them in advance as to whether they will cover. They want me to provide a year's medical records before they would even entertain my claim. When I said I hadn't been to a doctor in the past year but for the current issue that I was facing that required access to that cover, they then asked me to go further back in time to get medical history from more than a year ago from a different country. They are appear to be happy enough to pay rats and mice stuff but when it comes to something that you want to rely on the policy for, don't hold your breath. Will not be renewing. Worthless cover."
"What has gone wrong is that I can't even HAVE an experience with Regency for Expats because you have no telephone number and I can't call you. I have had to leave an email address and phone number and there is absolutely no indication of when anyone will respond, and I'm looking for an urgent quotation for international group medical insurance. I'm sure you provide very good insurance but I hope you understand that this isn't a very good first impression."
"Easy to claim, Regency replied same day and paid it the next day. Astonishingly great service. Defo a reccomend."
"Superb service and very quick also"
"They wouldn't reply to my emails when I was making a claim and then when they finally did get back to me they said the I "waited to long" to file the claim. Terrible service. Use at your own discretion."
"Regency have shown efficiency and a great response time when dealing with our new membership and recent claim. Living in Asia for 10years they are frill free, organised, not pushy. Provide all the information needed to process everything easily, and not need to ask questions or chase up matters. I recently submitted a claim and within an hour was emailed with confirmation and payment acknowledgement. Super reassuring when living overseas. Very satisfied."
"Amazing service, been impressed with the service from start to finish. Same day response and processing time is impressive."
"After a really bad experience with my last health insurance company, I was delighted at how quickly I was reimbursed for all treatment. This was great service."
"Very pleasantly surprised at the ease of filing a claim, the speed of the service, and the rapid reimbursement. Thanks."
"I moved from my previous health insurance supplier to Regency in April 2017. The decision was due to continued escalating rates with my long term provider (of 8 years) in an already overpriced market. Regency's rate was around 35% less than I had been paying, I assumed this to be an opening offer and thought year 2 would start to see increased rates...I was very pleased that the renewal offer was almost identical to year one with only a minimal change so readily renewed. I submitted my first claim, for a wellbeing health check which is covered within the policy and does not effect your no claims, I was pleasantly surprised to receive confirmation of my claim within 10 minutes of submission! I have never received such a service from an insurer and certainly have no hesitation, based on my experience, of recommending Regency for Expats."
"Great proactive customer service. Speedy resolution of any claims. Every touch point with Regency has exceeded my expectations. Friendly, courteous and focussed on the customer. Excellent"
"Prompt acknowledgement of receipt of health claims; clear communication of what next steps are; prompt follow up and advice of the outcome of claim review and amount to be reimbursed; timely refund and follow up by email to confirm it has been received. A very pleasant experience."
"I got a reply on a claim within 3 hours of sending the email - its been approved and processed."
"First year with Regency. And as a first experience (first reimbursment for out-patient expenses: blood tests and medical visit), I am 100% satisfied: reliable, efficient, professional-"
"From my experience and being in a foreign country they wer supportive understanding and payed my sons hospitalization 100% as they are professional so I will stick to them with my insurance and my family Insurance."
Regency for Expats is rated 4.30 based on 100 reviews