Pure Cremation Ltd Reviews

Peter Arrowsmith
Pure Cremation Ltd 5 star review on 29th September 2018
Roxanne Backhouse
More Photos & Videos
I used Pure Cremation a few months ago. I was more than happy with the excellent service I received and also with the very helpful and friendly response from everyone, including those attending the scene to recover my relative. Nothing was too much trouble when I telephoned and I heartily recommend this company to anyone.
Dear Stephen, Thank you for your kind words which mean so much to the whole team. With very best wishes Catherine Powell
My family and I are very grateful for the service we received from Pure Cremation. From the very first step they were courteous and professional and they dealt with every step promptly and with sensitivity. The way they delivered my fathers ashes to us was better than we had anticipated and the driver was so very kind. It was our first experience with Pure Cremation, it was what my father wanted and we couldn't have asked for more. Thank you.
Dear Kerry, this lovely review describes everything that we aim for when supporting the families that entrust us with the care of a loved one. Thank you for sharing your experience. With very best wishes Catherine Powell
Thank you so much for providing a caring and excellent service and for taking away the trauma of my only daughter and I having to arrange a committal at such an emotional and heartbreaking time.
Dear Marian, I am so glad that you felt looked after and shielded from
additional distress. Our thoughts are with you. Catherine.
From the initial phone conversation to delivering my Mums ashes to my house, the team were brilliant. Every detail was explained and carried out seamlessly.
I would recommend their services to anyone who is looking for a simple, sympathetic cremation.
It is our privilege to support the bereaved families that choose our service. Thank you for this lovely review and for helping to make others aware of this style of send-off so they can make more informed funeral decisions. Kindest regards Catherine Powell
I am truly grateful for the service all the team at Pure Cremation provided for the cremation of my uncle. From the initial contact to the delivery of the ashes. It was a flawless and very sympathetic experience.
Dear Mark, thank you for your kind words, they mean so much to the team. With very best wishes, Catherine Powell
So sick of their TV advert because it is twice as loud as everything else on the television, and we need to rush to turn the TV down each time it comes on as it the ad is so exceptionally and unnecessarily loud. I will never consider using them because their advert is so annoying.
Oh dear! we get many compliments about our TV advert and this is the first time that anyone has mentioned a difference in volume since it began running in November 2019 - we would be very happy to receive details of the channel you were watching so that we can investigate and take any necessary action. Please feel free to call 0800 0337737 and pass on this information.
Real people at the end of the phone who care. Excellent modern and comfortable facilities. Attention to detail with the personal touch, their support at such a difficult time was much appreciated.
Dear Kenton, we know this review will be hugely reassuring for other families considering our service. Thank you.
I found Pure Cremation to be very professional and extremely helpful, especially Peter Wheeler and Lucie Chandler. It was nice to know they were on the other end of the telephone when I had questions to ask. I felt nothing was too much trouble, at this sad and stressful time. I was given dates covering two weeks to chose for the committal, which again, was very helpful. When contacting Peter the day before the committal, it was nice that he knew my mother's name without me having to prompt him - I certainly can't fault anything, and would recommend Pure Cremation to people.
Thank you for taking the time to leave this lovely review. We are very proud of our team and the way that each person tries to make a difficult time a little easier for the families we care for - it is very encouraging to hear that we have made a positive difference. With kindest wishes, Catherine Powell
Would recommend ,very professional kind, helpful ,and respectful,as my husband's sudden death was a very difficult time .Myself and my children would like to thankyou so very much .
Dear Jenny, It has been a privilege to look after your husband and your family. Our thoughts are with you all. With best wishes Catherine Powell.
Very helpful and supportive team on the phone.
The people who collected and brought back my fathers body / ashes were very respectful and comforting.
Dear Natalie, Thank you for these lovely comments. It's good to hear that the team are demonstrating real care at each step. With best wishes Catherine Powell.
Excellent service would highly recommend looked after my mother’s cremation and return of ashes perfectly
We found the company to be very efficient in their arrangements for my husband's cremation. Everyone we spoke to was polite, helpful and sympathetic and the whole process was simple and straightforward; so important at such a stressful time.
At a difficult time my experience of pure cremation was not what I expected, from the initial phone call which sounded like the person who answered was in the pub it was so loud ( I have asked for the call to be listened too as you say all calls are recorded) I was told I would receive the paperwork to sign the next morning the only email I received was asking for payment, the invoice had the wrong name on.
I called to pay the invoice and asked about the paperwork I had to sign, was told I would be sent all the necessary paperwork by email, this still never arrived so had to call again this was then sent whilst I was on the phone.
I had to phone several times just to get a date for the cremation, every time I phoned felt like I was being an inconvenience, even when I picked the ashes up
You got the name wrong, I don’t think it’s very professional just to hand the ashes over standing in the doorway of your office.
I found everyone at Pure Cremations to be helpful and showed empathy, I was not hurried to make a decision or Pressured in any way. would recommend Pure Cremations as the best direct, no fuss, cremation service, at a very affordable price
My mother was in the latter stages of dementia and in a care home, so we had to give the home the details of the undertaker ahead of her death.
Pure cremation made everything so easy for us, after her death they made things simple and straight forward, just a couple of forms to fill in. Say goodbye to your loved ones the way you want to without feeling pressured by a greedy undertaker.
Very professional and caring
Thank you, Melanie. Kindest regards Catherine Powell
The directer,Mary ( don't know her surname) at the Bentley Cremation was very kind and warm welcome us all with her respect both days that on the 13th and the 14th. She is an representative of everyone who lost their love one.
Also , I have got what I ask for without any problem.
Nuttikan Corbett

P.S. I am away for two weeks when I come I would like to give you more good informations.
My wife Sue could not of been in better hand. I think from the first phone call to the cremation. I found all your staff so helpful and kind,even our dog arnie could come in and get a dish of water.At the worst time in my life you made it that little bit easy to ,cope with,so my deep thanks for making the day less painful so all the staff many thanks. ps do not know how to leave photo.
Dear Ron, thank you for taking the time to leave this touching review. It has been a privilege to look after you and Sue. With kindest wishes Catherine Powell
Could not fault pure cremation one bit. From the very first phone call to arrange my father's funeral to having his ashes delivered the company was so professional. Very polite respectful and they make you feel at ease during the traumatic time very well spoken and on hand every step of the way to answer any questions you may have. When my father's ashes were delivered the gentleman who came was amazing and explained every thing to us even on the best way to scatters my father's ashes. The advice was second to none. I would recommend anyone who wants a low cost funeral and an amazing service to give pure cremation a go. From arranging my father's funeral to having his ashes returned the process was 4 weeks due to him.passing away in the hospital. Just want to say a huge thank you for every thing you have done for our family
Dear Terri, your lovely comments mean so much to the team. We want every family to feel that they and their loved one are in safe hands and it's so good to hear that we have achieved this for you. Take care, Catherine Powell
Thank you to Pure Cremations for making a traumatic few months even more unbearable.

Considering your entire business model is designed to be one "your family can trust", provide a person with the "kind of farewell they want" and to accommodate a pre-organised solution suitable for strained family dynamics, my late mother felt confident in using Pure Cremations and made sacrifices during her last stages of lung cancer to be able to pay for her own cremation. If she were here now she would be so utterly upset that her dying wishes have not been carried out.

Thinking back to my initial phone call to you, having gone through all my emails and also reading through your website, especially the section on 'How to Register a Death' I cant see any clear mention of the overruling power an 'Applicant for Cremation' would have by UK Law... As it turns out, more power than the actual deceased person! Despite me reiterating my mums wishes multiple times in emails prior to her death and being the next of kin on your the paperwork, my unreasonable and vindictive sister who had no part in my mothers cremation arrangements and spent her entire life walking over her, has been able to prohibit my set of ashes being sent to me and scattered in Australia, a strong desire of my mothers. Last Sunday I had to go ahead with the farewell ceremony I organised in Perth without any ashes, which was devastating.

Having your staff advise me to refer to my sister once Mum had passed (who I explained I have no relationship with and is now refusing to respond to any of my communication) to confirm logistics of the distribution of the ashes, having a Manager respond to me that this is a domestic matter, to seek legal assistance and that any further contact with Pure Cremations would be "fruitless'' is as disgusting as your staffs omission to notify me of such an important detail, a detail that could (and should) have been brought to my attention on multiple occasions.

Considering the family logistics of my mothers death were explained to your staff at the time of booking the service (that I would be imminently returning to Australia, mum would soon pass and a third party, explained as likely to be my sister would provide you with the death certificate), had my mother and I known this major detail we would never have booked with Pure Cremations, or I quite simply would have stayed in the UK and waited around for the inevitable so her wishes were actually carried out. Either way your neglect to tell us this important piece of information has hugely affected the outcome of things.

Thanks once again. At 31, having spent the last 15 months travelling back and forth from Australia, watching my beautiful mother lose her undignified battle with cancer, dealing with this situation from the other side of the world and mentally adjusting to losing my second parent, I hope you sleep well at night and that no one else has to endure what I have at such a difficult time.
Dear Charlotte, thank you for your comments.
We occasionally encounter difficult and painful situations like this. I can confirm that as soon as we are aware there may be disagreements over the funeral or disposition of the ashes we give honest advice about the ability of an executor or applicant to override pre-existing instructions - many people are unaware that this is true even if wishes are expressed in a will.
I acknowledge that your mother's wishes were expressed very clearly in her plan and in your subsequent emails, however, we were not aware that there was any potential conflict regarding these wishes, particularly as your sister was assigned the task fo registering the death and completing the paperwork. After speaking with the team I understand that they had, as a result of careful and sensitive interaction with the your sister, successfully secured her agreement to send ashes to you. Unfortunately, at the 11th hour, a new family dispute halted their shipment.
I have reminded myself that your criticism of Pure Cremation is coming from a place of real pain, however I want to put on record that I am very proud of the compassionate efforts the team have made to support the fulfilment of your mother's wishes. I deeply sympathise with your situation and sincerely wish its speedy resolution, and please be assured that we stand ready to ship ashes to you as soon as we are allowed to. Kind regards Catherine Powell
Pure Cremation Ltd is rated 4.88 based on 661 reviews