Pines and Needles Reviews

team@pinesandneedles.com

Compound 7, East Lane Business Park

Twoherberts
Unverified Reviewer

Further to the review I posted last week regarding my poor experience with our Pines and Needles tree, we have been offered a tree next year, free of charge, by way of compensation. This is a satisfactory resolution to our complaint and we are grateful for the offer. I am sure that if we had contacted the company as soon as we began to experience problems we could have had a replacement. Here's hoping we are in a position to provide a glowing review this time next year.
Verified Buyer

Great tree, arrived within the time allotted. Great communication on the day and before.
Great pick up. Tree was still fresh after three weeks. Have used them for very many years as they are consistent. Congrats to the company and team.
Twoherberts
Verified Reviewer

We bought a beautiful tree from Bushy Park and once decorated agreed it was one of the fullest, most shapely trees we had ever had. Days later, despite its position by a small open window away from any heat source, and despite watering, it began to smell terrible; akin to rotting rubbish. Soon afterwards the branches began to droop and our decorations started falling off. The whole thing began to brown and we couldn't wait to take it down after Christmas. I think we will look elsewhere for a tree next year. Shame.
Verified Buyer

Good range of delivery slots, delivered a great tree on time, collected it on time with minimal mess. Drivers are always pleasant.
Citynet I
Verified Buyer

Initially disappointed when tree arrived due to height. Pines and Needles acted very promptly and replacement arrived the next day. Tree taken down on time and all as promised on website. Would recommend to others.
Maggie B
Verified Buyer

Tree very good , service excellent especially the proactive communication by text and mail. Staff efficient, careful polite and charming, especially the two removal guys from Brazil today! Only slight niggle is that the installer wasn't wearing the promised kilt.. The Christmas hat was a bonus though. Keep up the good work I have recommended you to friends and family which is the best reference.
Annington M
Verified Buyer

Fantastic service, delivery and collection was great.
Anita-Clare
Unverified Reviewer

They do not deliver what you order. No Kilt. Just hoodies and tracksuits. Average tree. The collection service was a nightmare this morning. The customer services person was rude and defensive and seemed totally hacked off with my even phoning. I seriously regret using these people. Anyone can have a fancy website, it's what's behind it that counts. In my head now is a yard with trees a small office and one person fielding calls with their mates delivering trees. VERY UNIMPRESSED
Verified Reviewer

False advertising at the point of sale.

We bought the tree from their location on Brick Lane, a 5mins drive from our place near St Katherine's dock. At the point of sale, I was told because We live close by, after we were finished with the tree in January they would offer a free collection service. I was given a piece of paper with a telephone number to call and a code on it that I could quote. The code was linked to my contact details and home address.
I called the number when I wanted the tree to be picked up. The gentleman at the end of the phone not only claimed he couldn't find my details on, but -also claimed thier salesman must have been lying to me, as they don't offer a free collection service - even for 'local residents'.

This has been my first experience with Pines & Needles. I
came across their website through a Google search and was comforted by
the fact that you have a shop in my local park i.e. Richmond Park.
Through exploring their sight, my expectations of their products and
services were set. As such, I chose to purchase a tree with the
standard delivery service. Information on their website ensured that my
tree would be kept in water and trimmed so that I would not have to do
so. The standard delivery service also entailed delivery by a man in a
kilt, text notification and tracking service, as well as assurance that I would be
able to inspect the tree upon delivery. I am utterly shocked and highly
disappointed by their false advertising. I did not receive a text nor was I able to track my delivery as advertised as part of the
service I paid for. After waiting from 8am, the delivery man arrived at
around 4.30pm. The delivery man was not dressed in a kilt, nor did he
give me an opportunity to inspect the tree as advertised as part of the service I paid for. He was in and out like flash of lightening! Upon inspection of the tree it was apparent that the tree had not recently been trimmed as the base of the bark was bone dry and little shoots had grown which I had to trim myself of course the information on their website assured me that this would have been done.
As I unfortunately do not possess a saw, I was unable to trim the base myself and as such, the tree has not been taking water. In addition,
the top section of the tree is particularly dry and brown. In summary, I am very disappointed with their service and my entire experience with Pines & Needles. They should not advertise products and services which
you do not intend to meet or uphold. They only responded to my complaint on 2nd January 2017 without any explanation! We will not purchase from them again nor will we recommend them.
Jen
Verified Reviewer

Really disappointed with this company. We selected a tree at the Bushy Park branch and were told it would be delivered the next evening. However, the same night there was a knock on the door with our tree - not a problem, how efficient we thought. However, the following day we received another Christmas tree delivery! We explained that we had already had our tree the day before and the guys said that we weren't the first person this had happened to. However his made me seriously question the company - we only chose one tree so how can they be delivering another one? It makes me wonder if you do get the tree you choose.
Also, sadly the 'non drop' tree shed needles from the moment it was delivered despite us taking really good care of it. Not ideal when you have a toddler running around putting things in their mouths! Having spent £80 on the tree and delivery I am really, really disappointed and wouldn't recommend this company or use them again. I feel completely ripped off.
Charlotte
Unverified Reviewer

Conveyor belt service, good delivery but less than 2 weeks later, dead tree. 'Non-drop' is most definitely not the case. Really, really disappointed and not worth the money.
Kirsten L
Verified Buyer

After some problems with the delivery, everything went fine. The staff was very helpful and friendly and the tree is just good looking and smelling and very fresh.
Unverified Reviewer

I came to get a tree from Maida Vale and Spencer and Roddy couldn't have been more charming and helpful if they had tried. I bought a beautiful spruce and I am very happy.
Unverified Reviewer

Do not go near!!! We ordered a 7ft Norway Spruce about 4 weeks ago to be delivered on 17th. On morning of 17th they turned with a completely different tree saying they didn't have what we ordered and so thought they would bring a Nordman Fir!!! No apology, no communication prior to the 17th whatsoever. Throughout the course of 17th my partner tried to get them to rectify the situation which eventually ended up with them ringing at 4pm to say we could not have any type of tree until Christmas Eve!!! What an absolute joke - I would never use this company again. We ended up going to Green Tree Delivery who were absolutely amazing and saved Christmas. I will be going straight to them in future!!

Verna D
Verified Buyer

Another amazing tree,5th year in a row.
Love your service.
Everything about you is superb thank you.
See you next year.
HAPPY CHRISTMAS X
Paula C
Verified Buyer

Efficient on line service, reasonable price, helpful delivery man, nice tree. Option to remove tree at end of Christmas was really important to me.
I will use them again next year.
Vanya Z
Verified Buyer

Last year we had a very pleasant experience with Pines and Needles (I think I even used the word "magical" on the day). Unfortunately, we cannot say the same for this year. We had an extremely unpleasant delivery, being blamed by the drivers that they've waited outside for 1 hour even though no one had notified us that they have arrived. Of course they were also waiting at the wrong address (also our fault) and despite a very thorough description given to them in advance on how to reach and locate the exact address, it took us 20 minutes of phone calls to get them to arrive at the right location. The lady accompanying the driver also made sure to tell us how it is not her job to find the location and she is equally frustrated with the driver. She ended up shouting at him on the street, making a scene and people looking towards us. We ended up getting the wrong tree which was a lot larger than the one we ordered, we didn't get our mistletoe gift and even though we sent our feedback to the company, no one has been in touch with us yet. Quite upsetting really and we might have to reconsider using Pines and Needles next year. Very unfortunate as we had a beautiful experience the first time around!
Joyce B
Verified Buyer

Lovely tree and good advice. Very disappointed by the outrageous £15.00 delivery fee! Never known a christmas tree shop charge for delivery! And £15.00 is totally outrageous. Most people who purchase their christmas tree live locally so how can they justify this charge?
(Maida Vale) - Posted 1 month ago